Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

321,255 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
PTXaggie08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I know that in the picture of the dead guys and parking lot there are at least 2 pistols visible next to DBs.

If you act like a hood/thug/criminal/OBC expect to be treated like one. Don't join a 1%er OMC if you think it's unfair to be grouped and labeled into a group of criminals. It's simple.

Agreed. We can argue over what the term "1%er" means all day long, but my best guess says that the majority of our society believes it to have a criminal connotation.
cplatt
Chapo Guzman did some "good" too, means nothing...
tlh3842
AG
You can eventually peg them out, but it's different than looking at some guy at Twin Peaks and saying yep, Banditos. Don't take my response as me excusing the outlaws or 1% gangs and saying they're just great guys, I'm just saying let's not completely drop the hatchet on all ~200 guys that were at the Twin Peaks incident.
PTXaggie08
AG
I understand your perspective, because I originally had the same thought: "geez, what if I had been at the Twin Peaks when this went down? Then I would be in the Waco convention center with all these idiots..."

But the fact of the matter is: if you would have walked into Twin Peaks after seeing 200 bikes, and then seen the kind of people that were there, you would have walked out. A reasonable person would have known that this wasn't the place to be, and that something bad has the potential to go down.
dubi
AG
quote:
A reasonable person would have known that this wasn't the place to be, and that something bad has the potential to go down.
Bingo!
txaggie02
AG
quote:
I understand your perspective, because I originally had the same thought: "geez, what if I had been at the Twin Peaks when this went down? Then I would be in the Waco convention center with all these idiots..."

But the fact of the matter is: if you would have walked into Twin Peaks after seeing 200 bikes, and then seen the kind of people that were there, you would have walked out. A reasonable person would have known that this wasn't the place to be, and that something bad has the potential to go down.

I agree 100%. Bunch of dirtbags. Typical guys that were losers in high school. Still doesn't mean that "everybody was a willing participant in the events". Bad place to be? Hell yeah. All 170+ showed up Sunday ready and willing to participant in a shootout and murders? Very, very doubtful.
YellAg2004
AG
Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas. You may be the nicest person in the world, but everyone in TP knew that some in attendance were bad people. Don't be surprised when you get lumped in with them after willingly attending an event with them.

Given the history of OMGs, no matter what their "code" says, I don't want to be around a group that has a taste for & history of violent behavior.
tlh3842
AG
quote:
quote:

I agree 100%. Bunch of dirtbags. Typical guys that were losers in high school. Still doesn't mean that "everybody was a willing participant in the events". Bad place to be? Hell yeah. All 170+ showed up Sunday ready and willing to participant in a shootout and murders? Very, very doubtful.

This is more the point I was getting at.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
It's so ironic I just finished the final season of SOA on Friday.

Everybody tries to lump everyone in an MC as just terrible gang members. Even known outlaw MCs that have a terrible reputation are different from other gangs; MCs aren't like other gangs. Many MCs have benefits and actually give/do some good in the world. It may be decent and not make up for the bad, but there's a reason they literally wear patches that clearly say their names. Do all Crips, Bloods, or other street gangs that literally wear the name of their gang on their back and where they're from? I don't think so.

That's not ironic. It's coincidental.
TheVarian
AG
http://giphy.com/gifs/snl-chris-farley-david-spade-VWy05j9pcfu6I

Better?
tlh3842
AG
Very true, I thought about that after I posted.
mts6175
AG
quote:
quote:
I know that in the picture of the dead guys and parking lot there are at least 2 pistols visible next to DBs.

If you act like a hood/thug/criminal/OBC expect to be treated like one. Don't join a 1%er OMC if you think it's unfair to be grouped and labeled into a group of criminals. It's simple.

Agreed. We can argue over what the term "1%er" means all day long, but my best guess says that the majority of our society believes it to have a criminal connotation.
My guess is the majority of our society has no clue what a "1%er" is....
MAROON
AG
quote:
The Banditos were founded in Houston San Leon
FIFY. Makes sense because it's the exact spot you would give the Houston/Galveston area an enema.
DBSwooper
quote:
You can eventually peg them out, but it's different than looking at some guy at Twin Peaks and saying yep, Banditos. Don't take my response as me excusing the outlaws or 1% gangs and saying they're just great guys, I'm just saying let's not completely drop the hatchet on all ~200 guys that were at the Twin Peaks incident.
Eh, I can pick many of the signs for criminal street gangs out from a distance, but my background is probably a bit different than yours.

There were no "regular" people wearing cuts at Twin Peaks that morning, it was a specific meeting for the OMGs to "discuss" their grievances with each other. Given the proliferation of weapons immediately produced, do you think that there were 145 guys going "oh no what is going on" or do you think there were roughly 200 guys going "I'm going to kick that guys @$$ for my club"?
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's kinda hard to feel sympathy when everyone was a willing participant in the events.

Who is everyone? I find it very hard to believe that all 170-180 bikers knew what would go down at Twin Peaks. A fight? Probably with all the tension but that doesn't mean that everybody was involved or knew that murders would happen. From the reports I've read, there were quite a few smaller MCs present due to it being a CoC meeting. Those guys don't just not show up because they are scared a fight might take place. I'd be willing to bet there were quite a few present that had the same "WTF just happened" thoughts as most of us. Now the Cossacks and Bandidos....I'd venture to say all of their members were fully aware of what was going to happen. Maybe not 9 people dead, but a huge brawl. Especially with the multiple events over the past 2-3 months.
If you are part of a motorcycle club that would get invited to a CoC meeting, you are more than likely aware of ongoing disputes between the Bandidos and the Cossacks. And you are also more than likely aware of their illegal activity. Why would you purposely go an environment that had that much dry powder?

Maybe this is why its not a good idea to wear leather cuts with patches that make you look like a criminal.

Cossacks weren't invited to this event. They showed up uninvited.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

My guess is the majority of our society has no clue what a "1%er" is....

Rich ****ers that run wall street.

OCCUPY!
PTXaggie08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's kinda hard to feel sympathy when everyone was a willing participant in the events.

Who is everyone? I find it very hard to believe that all 170-180 bikers knew what would go down at Twin Peaks. A fight? Probably with all the tension but that doesn't mean that everybody was involved or knew that murders would happen. From the reports I've read, there were quite a few smaller MCs present due to it being a CoC meeting. Those guys don't just not show up because they are scared a fight might take place. I'd be willing to bet there were quite a few present that had the same "WTF just happened" thoughts as most of us. Now the Cossacks and Bandidos....I'd venture to say all of their members were fully aware of what was going to happen. Maybe not 9 people dead, but a huge brawl. Especially with the multiple events over the past 2-3 months.
If you are part of a motorcycle club that would get invited to a CoC meeting, you are more than likely aware of ongoing disputes between the Bandidos and the Cossacks. And you are also more than likely aware of their illegal activity. Why would you purposely go an environment that had that much dry powder?

Maybe this is why its not a good idea to wear leather cuts with patches that make you look like a criminal.

Cossacks weren't invited to this event. They showed up uninvited.
Oh, well, damn those Cossacks. If only they would wear something to identify themselves so that when I walk into a bar, I know they are there.
maverick2076
quote:
quote:
Eh, I can pick many of the signs for criminal street gangs out from a distance, but my background is probably a bit different than yours.

There were no "regular" people wearing cuts at Twin Peaks that morning, it was a specific meeting for the OMGs to "discuss" their grievances with each other. Given the proliferation of weapons immediately produced, do you think that there were 145 guys going "oh no what is going on" or do you think there were roughly 200 guys going "I'm going to kick that guys @$$ for my club"?

You would be 100% incorrect. Plenty of mom and pop clubs, Riding Clubs, Vet Clubs, and Christian Motorcycle Ministries were in attendance and are members of the CoC. Look at the patches there:

Gypsy MC- Family Club. Has female members and children of members can be junior members. Just about as far from a 1% club as you can get.

Leathernecks MC: Vet club for Marines and former Marines.

Vietnam Vets/Legacy Vets MC: Veteran MC

Over There MC: another Veterans Club

There was also at least one Motorcycle Ministry there, although I can't remember their name, and plenty of other family clubs and such.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
All 170+ showed up Sunday ready and willing to participant in a shootout and murders? Very, very doubtful.

The fact remains that many actually DID participate. 9 dead and a hundred some-odd injured. How many there dialed 911 and took cover? So yeah, the vast majority were "ready and willing" to participate. How do you draw any other conclusion?

Your argument is a little like saying, "I wanted to play running back, but I never intended to get tackled."
mts6175
AG
Reading up on this, it was apparently about the Cossacks not abiding by "the rules" and having a Texas "Bottom Rocker" patch on their vest (only the Banditos are allowed to have that apparently). Skimming this thread below on another site about patches on vests, this whole thing is dumb. These guys go and shoot up a restaurant because they take that much offense to guys having a Texas patch on their vest? Come on. If anything, they probably just educated the entire country on a bunch of stuff they had no clue on and now probably won't tolerate....

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-general-b-s-forum/447366-great-these-patches-could-get-my-azz-kicked.html
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
All 170+ showed up Sunday ready and willing to participant in a shootout and murders? Very, very doubtful.

The fact remains that many actually DID participate. 9 dead and a hundred some-odd injured. How many there dialed 911 and took cover? So yeah, the vast majority were "ready and willing" to participate. How do you draw any other conclusion?

Your argument is a little like saying, "I wanted to play running back, but I never intended to get tackled."

18 injuries, not hundred.

Foo look at the mugshots. Do you see any cuts? Black eyes? Bandages? Me either.

Waco PD said they recovered under 100 weapons, so at least half had no weapon of any kind, and I'm assuming some had multiple.

How many of you have a CHL? carry a pocket knife? Me too. Doesn't make me a criminal, even if I have some unsavory friends.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
quote:

Or 18 injured... only off by 82 some-odd
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Reading up on this, it was apparently about the Cossacks not abiding by "the rules" and having a Texas "Bottom Rocker" patch on their vest (only the Banditos are allowed to have that apparently). Skimming this thread below on another site about patches on vests, this whole thing is dumb. These guys go and shoot up a restaurant because they take that much offense to guys having a Texas patch on their vest? Come on. If anything, they probably just educated the entire country on a bunch of stuff they had no clue on and now probably won't tolerate....

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-general-b-s-forum/447366-great-these-patches-could-get-my-azz-kicked.html

It isn't just about the patch. It is about territory control between two organized crime gangs.
EMY92
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

To be fair, 18 were hospitalized, it doesn't mean that others weren't injured.
txaggie02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL. A lawyer that can't get the facts straight, starts sentences with "the fact remains.." when he doesn't know all the facts, and then makes a horrendous analogy. Why is that not surprising? You don't know if "many actually DID participate" or not. Neither do I. I do know that if all 170+ bikers participated with the 100 weapons that were supposedly found (probably included a crap load of pocket knives), I would highly doubt that only 18 went to the hospital. I also saw no mug shots or Twin Peaks scene photos that showed tons of injured bikers either. But, maybe they were all so drunk/high that they couldn't hit each other.
Hoss
AG
quote:

"Dumb" is a gross understatement. Newsflash, Bandidos, you don't OWN Texas. You don't own anything about Texas. I don't care who you are or who you think you are. You're a bunch of low life losers that think you're special when you're really nothing but a bunch of cowardly thugs. The fact that these morons would ever kill someone, hurt someone or even threaten someone because they choose to proudly wear the word TEXAS on their vest is just asinine. I don't care about your childish rules or feeling of being disrespected. Grow up and be men.

I hope every last one of them that was involved gets convicted and given whatever the maximum sentence is.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
LOL. A lawyer that can't get the facts straight, starts sentences with "the fact remains.." when he doesn't know all the facts, and then makes a
horrendous analogy.

I stand corrected on the injuries -- got the number confused with the reported arrests. I don't think any of us knows what the full facts are, so please don't act like YOU do (by being high and mightly when there is a mistatement). There have been other mistatements on this and other threads -- go off on them, too.

There was nothing horrendous about the analogy. It fits perfectly. You didn't even attempt to explain why it doesn't.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
LOL. A lawyer that can't get the facts straight, starts sentences with "the fact remains.." when he doesn't know all the facts, and then makes a
horrendous analogy.

I stand corrected on the injuries -- got the number confused with the reported arrests. I don't think any of us knows what the full facts are, so please don't act like YOU do. There have been other mistatements on this and other threads -- go off on them, too.

There was nothing horrendous about the analogy. It fits perfectly.
Maybe they didn't call 911, but there was a significant and obvious police presence there already. Considering half or less had weapons and outside the 10% that were actually treated for injuries, the people arrested didn't show any signs of being in a fight, my guess is that the majority of them did not fight in any way.
shiftyandquick
Heard on the radio this morning that bail is $1 million each for the guys in jail. And they are all charged with felonies. Many people commit murder and their bail is not $1 million.

My guess is that the investigators are having a hard time sorting out who did what to whom.
91AggieLawyer
AG
GS: if this meeting were being held at a restaurant you wanted to go to for Sunday lunch, you arrived and saw who was there (before anything violent happened), would you have still gone in?
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
GS: if this meeting were being held at a restaurant you wanted to go to for Sunday lunch, you arrived and saw who was there (before anything violent happened), would you have still gone in?
I would have still gone in, but I grew up around bikers and am not afraid of a bunch of guys because they are in a motorcycle club. I'd probably chat with them about their bikes and road trips they have gone on.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Heard on the radio this morning that bail is $1 million each for the guys in jail. And they are all charged with felonies. Many people commit murder and their bail is not $1 million.

My guess is that the investigators are having a hard time sorting out who did what to whom.
They have all been charged with engaging in organized crime linked to capital murder and all could face the death penalty. Their bikes have been confiscated and will likely be auctioned off as civil forfeiture with WPD taking the cash.
91AggieLawyer
AG
So none of these clubs that were there before the Cossacks showed up had ANY reputation for or propensity toward violence?
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
So none of these clubs that were there before the Cossacks showed up had ANY reputation for or propensity toward violence?
Only the Bandidos. The rest were more like your normal groups, from what I understand.

There are only a couple groups in Texas with a reputation for violence. The Bandidos and Cossacks are the big two. Hells Angels don't have a big presence in Texas due to the Bandidos.
shiftyandquick
They are no doubt trying to turn guys on each other so they can prosecute the worst apples.

I would think the cost to the DA in Waco is going to be enormous. (i.e. the cost to the local taxpayers).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.