Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

321,253 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This may or may not have been covered already, but an email I just got states -

"Persons arrested in this incident claimed membership or wore colors of the following clubs; Bandidos, Wino's Crew, Los Hombres, Cossacks, Rebel Rider, Valerosos, Caballeros, Desgraciados."
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
GS, it's great you're taking up the banner of the MCs.

So what if someone, completely ignorant of these made up, arbitrary, and non-legally binding rules, made their own jacket and put a Texas flag bottom "rocker" on it and some other benign to everyone but these jerkoffs symbol on it... It's that persons fault that these type of people may attack them for no other reason than what they are wearing?

Please don't mistake an explanation foR an endorsement.

What would happen would probably vary greatly depending on who you encountered. I'm sure all those clubs have recently nice guys that would explain the rocker system and they probably also have totally psychos that aren't real good with words.
Post removed:
by user
carpe vinum
AG
Los Carnales also
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
I havent seen the name Amigos thrown around yet, which kind of surprises me.

They are small and kind of quirky. I believe they only have three members.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
really though they are certainly an affiliate of the bandidos. had friends in both that were always together. same colors for a reason.
Generally the associate clubs will have the inverse colors. So if Banditos are red on yellow, they will be yellow on red.
Post removed:
by user
schmellba99
AG
quote:
In both cases, it is caving to extortion of organized crime because it is the path of least resistance so that you and your family don't get hurt/killed. In neither case does it mean you are endorsing those that are extorting you.

It is still not the same, no matter how you try to justify it.

In one case, a business owner is paying to keep his business from being trashed, his legs from being broken, his family from being hurt, etc. because his place of business, which is generally not mobile, is being targeted by a criminal gang.

In the other case, you are voluntarily approaching a group of people that you know has a checkered history (at best) and asking their permission and voluntarily paying the dues they established and following rules and procedures they established so you can voluntarily wear a patch on your jacket while you voluntarily ride your weekend bike and dream of being a rebel without a cause. And because you are the one initiating the contact and requesting permission from a criminal group do do such activities with their blessing, knowing full well that the 1% that define said rules are also the same 1% that are involved in criminal activites, you are voluntarily associating yourself with them.

You can deny it and justify it all you want, but that does not change the situation , how the general public perceives it or why most people have at least a somewhat negative stereotype of bikers and motorcycle clubs.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
you know exactly what i meant.
You and I aren't the only people reading this thread, and not everyone that reads this thread is well versed in the unwritten rules of motorcycle land.
Post removed:
by user
carpe vinum
AG
another successful texags hookup.
Breggy Popup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Extortion is extortion any way you slice it.

quote:
why most people have at least a somewhat negative stereotype of bikers and motorcycle clubs.

I would bet that most people have negative views of bikers because of Hells Angels reputation and stuff they did decades ago but I would bet that people have an even more negative view of crotch rocket riders like the ones that beat the **** out of the Range Rover driver in NYC two years ago. And while those guys aren't really apart of a mafia-esque organized crime syndicate, they are probably much more of a nuisance to the average American on a day to day basis.
DRE06
AG
quote:
Extortion is extortion any way you slice it.

quote:
why most people have at least a somewhat negative stereotype of bikers and motorcycle clubs.

I would bet that most people have negative views of bikers because of Hells Angels reputation and stuff they did decades ago but I would bet that people have an even more negative view of crotch rocket riders like the ones that beat the **** out of the Range Rover driver in NYC two years ago. And while those guys aren't really apart of a mafia-esque organized crime syndicate, they are probably much more of a nuisance to the average American on a day to day basis.

I would be you are 100% incorrect.
Guitarsoup
AG
Who do you think the average person has a negative experience with more often? A 1% thug biker or a crotch rocket stunter splitting lanes at 100mph? I can't even remember the last time I saw a 1%er.
Dogdoc
AG
quote:
Who do you think the average person has a negative experience with more often? A 1% thug biker or a crotch rocket stunter splitting lanes at 100mph? I can't even remember the last time I saw a 1%er.
I haven't had a negative or a positive experience with either. I think the 1% thug biker does a lot more damage to society with their illegal activities than the 100 mph crotch rocket who will end up splattered on the highway, though.

I haven't seen a cockroach in along time, but I know they are there.

maverick2076
quote:
Los Carnales also
Los Carnales is a LEO club.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
I haven't had a negative or a positive experience with either. I think the 1% thug biker does a lot more damage to society with their illegal activities than the 100 mph crotch rocket who will end up splattered on the highway, though.

I haven't seen a cockroach in along time, but I know they are there.

I'd agree with you, except I think the number of 1% criminal bikers is very small. The biggest group in Texas, the Bandidos, has ~2k members world wide, and some of those are probably the weekend warriors we are hearing about now like the city engineer in Austin and the retired cop from SA. I don't think these bike gangs have an appreciable effect on society because they aren't that big.

I see squids on crotch rockets several times a week in Houston.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
quote:
Los Carnales also
I thought I saw a pic with one of their vests.
maverick2076
quote:
quote:
quote:
Los Carnales also
I thought I saw a pic with one of their vests.
Its possible, but I doubt it. Los Carnales is a LEO club. La Familia is part of Los Carnales, but for non LEO friends of Los Carnales members. All straight from their website.
maverick2076
http://blink.htcsense.com/web/articleweb.aspx?regionid=45&articleid=42064824

That's a pretty big shift from the police press conference narrative.
Mose Schrute
AG
La Famila makes some good tacos
maverick2076
quote:
La Famila makes some good tacos
I miss La Familia tacos. They have freaking awesome tortillas.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:

Huge shift from the police narrative.

quote:
The video suggests that Sunday's deadly gunfight unfolded almost entirely outside the Twin Peaks restaurant, except for one round fired by a biker on the patio who then ran inside.

On the patio, bikers ducked under tables and tried to get inside. At least three people were holding handguns. One biker was seen running with blood on his face, hands and torso.

Before the shooting, the inside of the restaurant appears to be mostly empty.

Another camera angle, on the far side of the restaurant from the gunfire, shows patrons who aren't wearing biker gear crawling behind tables toward the kitchen. At least three bikers appear to be gesturing to have the patrons crawl to safety.

Police have said that all those arrested were part of criminal motorcycle gangs, but only two of the nine killed had criminal histories in Texas.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I thought the story all along had been the fight inside was hand to hand and guns were outside only?
MookieBlaylock
AG
This is shocking that the video is different than the narrative
DannyDuberstein
AG
All they said early on was there was blood and indications of a crime scene inside, while the LEO-witnessed fighting was outside.

I'm sure plenty of folks were ducking for cover. That said, they have found 318 weapons, including guns (including an AK), knives, body armor, etc all over the scene including throughout the restaurant (including kitchen and bathroom).
Scruffy
AG
quote:

Like I said in the politics board thread, this lines up with more of what I've read elsewhere and makes it look like the cops were just waiting for an excuse to open fire.

Which explains why the story changed from 8-12 officers outside to 18; and why they seemed to already have they m4s slung and ready.

I want to know the facts/ truth and see the video.

If what the TP folks say and it didn't blow up until the police opened fire shooting anyone with "colors", even those running to get away from the fighting, this may be worse than shooting some felon who "wasn't resisting".
CharlieBrown17
AG
If 18 cops with M4s opened up on every biker looking fool there I'd expect more casualties.

Also just seems to say the shooting was outside not inside, not that the cops went Rambo on it.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
This is shocking that the video is different than the narrative

What is surprising is that the restaurant even has access to the video. Hard to believe the police didn't take the servers
Online backup
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.