Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

320,361 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
BenderRodriguez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Rule 1 of fighting to gain entry into a place, avoid the fatal funnel of fire, in this case the door. Cossacks trying to get in, get jammed up and present an easy target for those inside or outside who are spread out and possible under some cover while they fire.

One of the eye witness accounts I've seen said the first shots fired were buy a guy who went to a car/bike, got a rifle, jumped up on the hood of a car and shot at someone else in the parking lot.

Cover? Concealment? Supporting fire? Nah, man. I'm gonna jump on the hood and start this thing.

Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Rule 1 of fighting to gain entry into a place, avoid the fatal funnel of fire, in this case the door. Cossacks trying to get in, get jammed up and present an easy target for those inside or outside who are spread out and possible under some cover while they fire.

One of the eye witness accounts I've seen said the first shots fired were buy a guy who went to a car/bike, got a rifle, jumped up on the hood of a car and shot at someone else in the parking lot.

Cover? Concealment? Supporting fire? Nah, man. I'm gonna jump on the hood and start this thing.

I highly doubt that 'eye witness' account.

I doubt even the most hard bikers are going to jump on the hood of a car with a rifle with 20 cops outside before the riot even breaks out.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Can someone explain to me where three of the deceased were shot?
quote:
Jesus Delgado Rodriguez, 65, died of gunshot wounds of the head and trunk.

Wayne Lee Campbell, 43, died of gunshot wounds to the head and trunk.

Matthew Mark Smith, 27, died of gunshot wounds to the trunk
Is this a Forrest Gump type of wound?
aggielostinETX
AG
Trunk is waist to neck
DannyDuberstein
AG
Alannis Morrissette thinks its ironic that a bunch of bikers got shot in the trunk.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

so according this this account, a biker either:
  • brought a car to a biker gang meeting
  • had a bike big enough to conceal a rifle
drummer0415
AG
Stopped following this thread after page 3 or so. Can I get some cliffs? Is there anything super interesting or important I need to know?
gillom
AG
No.
EMY92
AG
quote:
quote:

The rifle can be carried legally (as long as the motorcyclist isn't a felon) openly on the bike.
RK
AG
I'm sure you could fit a sawed off shotty, ar or folding stock ak/variant in a saddlebag.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The rifle can be carried legally (as long as the motorcyclist isn't a felon) openly on the bike.
i realize that, but who would leave a rifle unattended on a bike? (wait, don't answer that)
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
who would leave a rifle unattended on a bike? (wait, don't answer that)
The kind of person that figures no one is dumb enough to go digging around in a bike that belongs to a member of a criminal MC. Lets walk though this one. Lowlife thug shows up in a parking lot of a local eatery. On one side of the lot are 6 trucks and a couple of sedans. On the other side are 8 Harleys all parked two to a space. Who gets their stuff rummaged through?
BoerneGator
AG
There were/are more than a few club members or associates there in cars/trucks. They were all impounded. Not everyone arrived on a Harley.
agsalaska
AG
I'm going to bet that Waco PD killed most of them.

BoerneGator
AG
quote:

Think I counted 5 in the parking lot/front door area, so you might be right. Po po had em some ARs.
EMY92
AG
quote:

I'm guessing that the PD killed half or less. Latest reports are only 3 or 4 cops fired their weapon.
Post removed:
by user
gillom
AG
Hope the numbers are close to that. Right, wrong or indifferent, it will look bad if wpd killed all 9.
OnlyForNow
AG
If those 3 or 4 cops had good position and were competent marksmen then yes, 3 could kill all 9 if they aren't the ones being shot at.
BoerneGator
AG
The cops know how many they knocked down, you can bet on that!
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
There were/are more than a few club members or associates there in cars/trucks. They were all impounded. Not everyone arrived on a Harley.

Now, now.....facts aren't nearly as fun as mockery.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
Membership in of itself may not, but the other aspects and the sheer fact that the clubs do not find a way to dissolve their association certainly does.
The FBI, the DEA, and police departments across the country have tried and failed to dissolve any of the Big 4 1% Clubs. So, how do suppose the other clubs are going to do it?

We are talking about two completely different things.

One is a LEO agency trying to stop a criminal gang (what you are talking about).

The other is a group of people making a collective choice to look at the CoC and say "nahh, we will form our own group over here that isn't associated with Banditos, Cossacks, Hells Angels, whatever other "clubs" out there that are really organized crime gangs at their leadership" and we will not need you to tell us what we can and can't wear when we ride our bikes. Like I said - disassociating with them completely.
RK
AG
...and then they get beat with hammers and chains at gas stations.

the end.
agsalaska
AG
Friend of a cop, and a story I believe, says cop friend was there, got shot at, returned fire, had to retreat to his squad car and has bullet holes in his squad car.

I bet the Cossacks shot. It's not the Banditos style.
schmellba99
AG
quote:

the end.

Sounds a lot like the muslim world to me.
rockelle
Weak thread...

Suspects:

Susp

MAROON
AG
If the new club doesn't want to associate with the COC and wants to risk getting killed or beaten then they can go for it.

My suspicion is that most riders do not care enough to take a beating over a patch on their jacket. You can post all you want on the internet about disassociating because you are not exposing yourself to a beating. The tough part is making that decision in the real world.
proc
AG
quote:
Friend of a cop, and a story I believe, says cop friend was there, got shot at, returned fire, had to retreat to his squad car and has bullet holes in his squad car.

I bet the Cossacks shot. It's not the Banditos style.
Oh, yes it is. This is when 3 Bandidos shot a Cossack in a Fort Worth bar in December.

By Deanna Boyddboyd@star-telegram.com
Nicholas Povendo, 33, was arrested late Monday afternoon on a murder warrant
accusing him in the fatal shooting of Geoffrey Brady, 41, of Arlington.
Povendo's bail was set at $100,000. He was released from jail Tuesday on
bond.Howard Wayne Baker, 59, of Fort Worth, faces a murder charge in connection with a fatal shooting at the Gator's Jam Inn bar. Previously arrested were Robert Stover, 47, of River Oaks and Howard Wayne Baker, 59, of Fort Worth.All three suspects are members of the Bandidos Motorcycle Club, police say.Bail for Baker and Stover was set at $100,000 each, and they were released after posting bond.The shooting occurred Friday after an altercation between motorcycle gang members at Gator's Jam Inn bar at 2813 Race Street.Two others were injured in the shooting but have since been released from the hospital.Tarrant County court records show Povendo has twice been charged with
aggravated assault, accused of threatening men with guns on separate
occasions, but he was no-billed by a grand jury in each case.
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article4518813.html#storylink=cpy
RK
AG
quote:
quote:

the end.

Sounds a lot like the muslim world to me.
a lot of criminal components to both.
NRH ag 10
AG
quote:
If the new club doesn't want to associate with the COC and wants to risk getting killed or beaten then they can go for it.

My suspicion is that most riders do not care enough to take a beating over a patch on their jacket. You can post all you want on the internet about disassociating because you are not exposing yourself to a beating. The tough part is making that decision in the real world.
I haven't had any issues while riding my motorcycle. Maybe it's because I don't play dress-up. Wasn't all that tough of a decision, either.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I find it interesting that the Wayne-Lee-Ray Theory got some support during this melee. 4 of the 9 dead bikers have one of those names, and one of them was doubled-down with two of the names.
MAROON
AG
quote:
quote:

I haven't had any issues while riding my motorcycle. Maybe it's because I don't play dress-up. Wasn't all that tough of a decision, either.
so you didn't wear a leather jacket with an unauthorized MC patch on the back?
DannyDuberstein
AG
He wore this

RK
AG
he's going to get the sh*t beat out of him by a gay mariachi band.
IDAGG
AG
quote:
I'm sure you could fit a sawed off shotty, ar or folding stock ak/variant in a saddlebag.
Only a lever action shotgun will fit on a Harley. Rookies

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.