Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

320,367 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Oh and I wear Ag gear 5 days a week. Just sayin.
71%er
techno-ag
AG
quote:
8T agreed. I walk like an Ag I talk like an Ag and look like an Ag. If police say Ags are bad do I get arreasted for a month and forfeit 25k for being in Parking lot behind police? Hmm
Yeah. If Ags were known and identified as an organized criminal gang. See, that's where the affiliation analogies falls apart. These aren't Knights of Columbus, or Aggies, or Masonic Lodge members.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
8T agreed. I walk like an Ag I talk like an Ag and look like an Ag. If police say Ags are bad do I get arreasted for a month and forfeit 25k for being in Parking lot behind police? Hmm

Are you and several others trafficking narcotics and murdering others?
Post removed:
by user
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I guess my question should be is there anyone out of the group arrested that doesn't belong to a motorcycle club/biker gang?

If so, find another hobby and quit playing dress up
I bet you drive a camry.

Lol
I've considered something in that category for the gas mileage.

And like someone said, my vehicle Hasn't been impounded and sold through civil forfeiture laws. Lol
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You don't think there are well known and prominent aggies committing crimes on a regular basis?

I'm sure there are. But if those people get together and decide to kill, jump or harm others who may wear aggie gear I see the connection, along with when they commit their crimes they only wear aggie gear and proudly advertise that.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You don't think there are well known and prominent aggies committing crimes on a regular basis?
Has law enforcement identified and classified Aggies as a criminal gang? If not, the affiliation analogy once again falls flat.
txaggie02
AG
quote:
And once again the proponents of the police state rush forward to claim that if you'll just give up your constitutional rights, you'll have no problems.

I am embarrassed for you people.
THIS!!!! You can take all that duck comment crap and stick it in the trash because it doesn't hold any water in this situation. I don't care if some of the guys in jail robbed a bank the previous Thursday. If there isn't evidence tying these guys to the crime that happened that Sunday in Waco, and that is the charge that they are being held on for close to a month, then that is illegal. Period. End of story. It amazes me that some of you folks are on here day in and day out *****ing and moaning about your gun rights. Then you turn around and close your eyes to the completely unconstitutional actions happening right now? All because you think the bikers are stupid for hanging out with the wrong crowd and wearing a vest? I agree it's not smart, but it's not illegal to do that, unless they are tied to the crimes that were committed.
45-70Ag
AG
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
And once again the proponents of the police state rush forward to claim that if you'll just give up your constitutional rights, you'll have no problems.

I am embarrassed for you people.
We are here on page 39 of a thread that's almost four weeks old, and some of you are still hung up on stereotypes. No one wants anyone responsible for the deaths and mayhem that may have occurred to escape justice, nor have an especially easy time receiving it.

However, if you've been paying attention at all, you should know by now that there are very likely more than a few totally innocent folks who have been swept up in this fiasco. I just hope and pray that some of those killed weren't also innocent, and just caught in a crossfire.

Please stop with the stereotypical red-herring/strawman arguments that serve no useful purpose.
45-70Ag
Post removed:
by user
45-70Ag
AG
95 have been released on bond I think I read?

How many do not belong to a biker gang?
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Has law enforcement identified and classified Aggies as a criminal gang? If not, the affiliation analogy once again falls flat.
And if law enforcement only arrested those who are members of criminal gangs you would have a point with your duck comment. Unfortunately that isn't what happened so you once again have admitted you are content with innocent people being arrested, held on million dollar bail and having their Liberty infringed upon.
Not quite. I understand why the high bail amount was given. But as has been reported, in the reduction hearings, Cossacks and Banditos were lowered to quarter million bails. Affiliated groups lower, non affiliated even lower. The system is working, just slower than we'd all like.
8T2
If the system were working, the JP would not have given blanket million dollar bonds. Don't confuse the fact that 3 weeks later the DA finally caved to the argument of the defense lawyers rather than getting embarrassed in court with the system working.

If the system was working, the probable cause affidavits would have actually had some facts linking the defendant to the crimes.
Guitarsoup
AG
Hard to say.

But from all the reports I have seen, Cossacks and Bandidos get 250k, 500k or 1MM bond. Support clubs like the Scimitars are getting between 100-250k. Everyone else gets less, some as low at 10k.

People that have bonded out:

250k or more = 10 people
100-249k = 27 people
Less than100k = >60 people

So hard to say about the people in jail. Some have had their bond reduced and they can't pay it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Techno, please go back to trolling the politics and aggieland boards. TIA.
techno-ag
AG
I know the standard response to someone you disagree with on TexAgs is to call them a troll. But that in and of itself is a type of trolling.
NickNaylor
TexasRebel
AG
By some of the logic here, if you wear a protective leather vest, on a motorcycle, in the Texas summer, and go to eat on your own... You're automatically hanging out with known criminal gangs?

What if you enjoy 40 mpg and want something protective, but not sweltering between you and the asphalt?
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:

Care to name a few? I don't know of any that fit that description, unless you're talking about crimes that few people pay attention to or don't really affect others.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
What if you enjoy 40 mpg and want something protective, but not sweltering between you and the asphalt?

Is that what the patches on the back of the vests are for?
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:

Care to name a few? I don't know of any that fit that description, unless you're talking about crimes that few people pay attention to or don't really affect others.
The Arthur Anderson guys in the Enron scandal were Ags, right?
TEXAS A and M
Jade Helm
oldord
AG
I would like to propose a hypothetical...
If we took all the bandidos and the Cossacks and dropped them in the middle of Baltimore, would the murder rate continue to go up or would it go down???
TexasRebel
AG
quote:
quote:

Is that what the patches on the back of the vests are for?
Ah, okay....

I forgot...

"and your daughter stitched a patch she wanted you to wear"
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Because I was wearing a certain color vest, automatically in their eyes I was guilty. So much for innocent until proven guilty.

I get his point, but he still hasn't been proven guilty. Getting arrested doesn't mean you are guilty.

Now, if he had said "so much for needing probable cause before being arrested" he'd have a much better point.

A couple of weeks of his life, all of his lost income during that time, the damage to his reputation, a felony arrest on his record, legal fees, bail costs and mental anguish are a pretty steep price for his clothing choice. He gets none of that back irregardless if he is indicted, tried or convicted.

Like I said, if he had said "so much for needing probable cause for getting arrested" he may very well have a point.
eric76
AG
quote:
quote:

Ron Shamburger

I wouldn't say that he is committing crimes on a regular basis, though.
techno-ag
AG
Some interesting stuff in the paper today.

quote:
Based on the vague affidavits, bikers merely eating lunch at Twin Peaks that day were arrested for wearing "patches" and for being associated with a biker club and not based on whether they fired a weapon, got into a fight or helped provoke the gunbattle, Reposa argued.

He said it was not right for everyone to be arrested for the actions of others.

Johnson ruled there was adequate probable cause to detain the bikers.

Cue my duck comment. The officers and the court don't see it the way many of y'all do on here. We can rail against the wrongness of their view and call people names, but this is the reality those guys face.

quote:
When Luce referred to the Bandidos as a gang, Weathers corrected him, saying he is in a motorcycle club called the Bandidos.

Luce reminded the court that law enforcement considers the Bandidos a criminal gang.
Again, the way we may want to portray bikers is not the important thing for them right now. It's the way law enforcement and the courts see them that counts.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks-biker-shooting/bandido-shot-in-twin-peaks-shootout-testifies-at-hearing/article_4ad1cb30-c459-5f67-8318-6269a763f170.html
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Cue my duck comment. The officers and the court don't see it the way many of y'all do on here. We can rail against the wrongness of their view and call people names, but this is the reality those guys face.

The police argument is going to work just fine for members of the Bandidos and maybe the Cossacks. In a higher court, they are going to have a real tough time justifying that for some of the mom & pop groups that aren't criminal organizations like the Bandidos.
AggieOO
especially since there were bikers there who stopped in for lunch b/c they saw a bunch of motorcycles in the parking lot. Yes, that happened. And those people were arrested too. That's first-hand information.
TexasAggie_02
AG
yay, you picked out a guy from the bandidos who was inside eating to back up your claim.

what does that have to do with all the mom/pops/grandads/random people in harley shirts/people not even at the scene/people at separate restuarants that we have been talking about for a month now?

You're arguing about ducks, while all the platypi got rounded up b/c they had bills and webbed feet.
techno-ag
AG
Fair points, y'all. But this has to do with the higher reduced bail. The others wearing other attire are at least getting greatly reduced bail.
jpd301
AG
quote:
How many from don Carlos are in jail?
Isn't one too many?
Guitarsoup
AG
I'm not seeing a lot of people crying about the excessive bail of people in the Bandidos and Cossacks.

The guy you are referring to has:

• Pending assault/domestic violence case in Mexia
  • Pending case for possession of controlled substance at a correctional facility
  • Pending stalking case in Limestone county
  • On probation in Navarro County
  • Prosecutors say he is a known meth user
  • Currently has protective orders against him
  • Is a member of the Bandidos

Maybe not the best example to use to get your point across. Don't think many people are going to get on the "This fine citizen's bail was excessive" bandwagon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.