Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

320,351 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So since we keep hearing fear of ass beating as motivation for joining the COC and getting one's colors approved by real bad guys, in your estimate, what % of the motivation to join is driven by fear vs. what % is driven by the fact these engineers, etc. like the enhanced cool factor of associating with clubs that do have a bad element?

MAROON
AG

quote:
Authorized by whom?

So you have no frame of reference here. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know.....
RK
AG
quote:
So since we keep hearing fear of ass beating as motivation for joining the COC and getting one's colors approved by real bad guys, in your estimate, what % of the motivation to join is driven by fear vs. what % is driven by the fact these engineers, etc. like the enhanced cool factor of associating with clubs that do have a bad element?

I'd say both %'s are dwarfed by the % of those who do it "just because that is the way it's done".
Pasquale Liucci
AG
quote:

quote:
Authorized by whom?

So you have no frame of reference here. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know.....
Think that was actually a rhetorical question meant to make a point about the ludicrous need to have a patch "approved" by the criminal fringe leadership of a motorcycle council.
proc
AG
quote:

I admit that a large number liked the enhanced cool factor, and were soon openly wearing SYLB (Support your local Bandidos) shirts and support patches. I wasn't there for a vote, so have no idea what the percentage was.
dodger02
AG
2, 3, 1

2, 3, 1
NRH ag 10
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
If the new club doesn't want to associate with the COC and wants to risk getting killed or beaten then they can go for it.

My suspicion is that most riders do not care enough to take a beating over a patch on their jacket. You can post all you want on the internet about disassociating because you are not exposing yourself to a beating. The tough part is making that decision in the real world.
I haven't had any issues while riding my motorcycle. Maybe it's because I don't play dress-up. Wasn't all that tough of a decision, either.
so you didn't wear a leather jacket with an unauthorized MC patch on the back?

I like my skin, so I wear this:

MAROON
AG
thanks - the "decision" I was referring to was wearing a leather jacket with unauthorized patches. You obviously did not make the tough decision - you made the smart decision to wear clothing that can actually save your skin in a crash. Kudos for you.
PTXaggie08
AG
quote:

quote:
Authorized by whom?

Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Authorized by whom?

Think that was actually a rhetorical question meant to make a point about the ludicrous need to have a patch "approved" by the criminal fringe leadership of a motorcycle council.
Yep.

Hard to say you are not associated with the criminal element when you must seek their approval for your activity.
Today I learned nearly every business and restaurant in Manhattan in the 70s were part of the mafia.
laavispa
'Borrowed' from Politics:

quote:
Retired SAPD detective and 'Bandito' busted in Waco Busted
EMY92
AG
quote:
'Borrowed' from Politics:

quote:
Retired SAPD detective and 'Bandito' busted in Waco Busted

Deserves to be in jail just for the facial hair.
MasterAggie
AG
I think the best thing about threads like this one is the amount of talking out ones ass we get with a tad of information sprinkled in. Great reading.
Post removed:
by user
oneeyedag
Guys FB page is as entertaining as the thread.
DTrain
AG
What Sassapis said.
ZoneClubber
AG
Sassapis is in my top 5 TexAgs posters
laavispa
quote:

As of late Wednesday afternoon, investigators had recovered 188 handguns, an AK-47 rifle and 157 knives, he said. even so far as to attempt to flush a handgun down a commode,"
guns don't flush well
In same story:
quote:
One of the members of a motorcycle gang arrested in connection with the gun battle Sunday outside of Waco's Twin Peaks restaurant was in the
process of posting $1 million bond Wednesday at the McLennan County
Jail. Jeff Battey, 50, was among the 170 bikers arrested after the shootout Sunday that left nine bikers dead and 18 injured.
quote:

Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
However, when you must seek approval from the criminal element for your insignia, existence or other apparel, that is association with the criminal element.

What is the difference between the mob and the Bandidos?

Don Vito says Tony's Italian Restaurant has to pay $1000/mo or he beats the crap out of Tony until he pays.

Presidente Bandido says Texags Motorcycle Club has to have their maroon & white logo approved by El Jefe and pay $500/year to the CofC or he beats the crap out of everyone in the Texags MC.

Both are extorting money and power. That's it. And since the Texags MC is full of people that still want to see their family and eat solid food from time to time, it is easier to cough up a few bucks and let El Jefe say their logo doesn't look too similar to anyone else's logo than to hope El Jefe doesn't find you on a ride and beat the **** out of you.

Blame the cops for letting organized crime run rampant.
Dogdoc
AG
The difference is choice.

Don Vito is threatening Tony's business and way of life. Tony can't just pack up his restaurant and go somewhere else. He is stuck in that situation..

Texags MC club is a hobby. They voluntarily choose to associate with a criminal biker gang by paying them dues. They don't have to wear a patch.

Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
The difference is choice.

Don Vito is threatening Tony's business and way of life. Tony can't just pack up his restaurant and go somewhere else. He is stuck in that situation..

Texags MC club is a hobby. They voluntarily choose to associate with a criminal biker gang by paying them dues. They don't have to wear a patch.

As a small business owner, I am fairly certain that I can choose to open or operate my business where ever I choose. This being America and all.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:

Texags vests and patches... hmmm, as long as we have the Texas rocker, I'm in. If the Bandidos get uppity about it we'll just sick the Old Rivalries board on them.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Texags MC would need a Doss bottom rocker
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:
However, when you must seek approval from the criminal element for your insignia, existence or other apparel, that is association with the criminal element.

Don Vito says Tony's Italian Restaurant has to pay $1000/mo or he beats the crap out of Tony until he pays.

Presidente Bandido says Texags Motorcycle Club has to have their maroon & white logo approved by El Jefe and pay $500/year to the CofC or he beats the crap out of everyone in the Texags MC.

Both are extorting money and power. That's it. And since the Texags MC is full of people that still want to see their family and eat solid food from time to time, it is easier to cough up a few bucks and let El Jefe say their logo doesn't look too similar to anyone else's logo than to hope El Jefe doesn't find you on a ride and beat the **** out of you.

You can eyeroll all you want. The difference is Tony is not choosing to emulate gangs that have been known for decades for criminal behavior. The TexAgs MC and all the other "nice clubs" are choosing to do that. To say they are not is plain insulting to anyone with one eye and a brain.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You can eyeroll all you want. The difference is Tony is not choosing to emulate gangs that have been known for decades for criminal behavior. The TexAgs MC and all the other "nice clubs" are choosing to do that. To say they are not is plain insulting to anyone with one eye and a brain.
Leather jackets and patches didn't originate with the Hells Angels and Bandidos in the 60s. People were wearing that sort of thing to ride long before these groups became organized crime gangs.
Dogdoc
AG
quote:
quote:

As a small business owner, I am fairly certain that I can choose to open or operate my business where ever I choose. This being America and all.

I don't disagree. I assumed that you meant that don Vito moved in and started extorting money from an established business. If that is the case, then tony might find it extremely difficult to uproot his family, close his restaurant, build another and try to establish a new clientelle outside of the mob's reach.
schmellba99
AG
Slight difference between "just packing up and moving" something like a restaurant or store and choosing to wear or not wear a patch on your jacket while you voluntarily ride your motorcycle on the weekends with your buddy.

Not much, but enough to render the comparison absolutely and completely invalid.
Guitarsoup
AG
In both cases, it is caving to extortion of organized crime because it is the path of least resistance so that you and your family don't get hurt/killed. In neither case does it mean you are endorsing those that are extorting you.
Post removed:
by user
Chazz03
AG
318 confirmed weapons taken at crime scene including ak-47
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Leather jackets and patches didn't originate with the Hells Angels and Bandidos in the 60s. People were wearing that sort of thing to ride long before these groups became organized crime gangs.
The Houston Astro's star logo didn't originate with the gangs either. But if you go tattoo it on your neck today you are doing it to emulate a criminal element.

Are there not motorcycle groups that don't wear cuts, patches and rockers?

I don't know what every motorcycle group does and doesn't do. But even groups as benign as the Harley Owners Group have a big logo People wear on theiR back.

techno-ag
AG
quote:
Texags MC would need a Doss bottom rocker
Doss Regulator might have something to say about that.
OnlyForNow
AG
GS, it's great you're taking up the banner of the MCs.

So what if someone, completely ignorant of these made up, arbitrary, and non-legally binding rules, made their own jacket and put a Texas flag bottom "rocker" on it and some other benign to everyone but these jerkoffs symbol on it... It's that persons fault that these type of people may attack them for no other reason than what they are wearing?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.