Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

321,256 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
rangelady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Too tired to read all 23 (!!!) pages.....but was I dreaming or did I see a report that the PD found weapons hidden all over the place .....like in the flour, chips, etc?? Like 300+ weapons? What's up with that?
rangelady
AG
quote:
There's little doubt in my mind that some innocents are locked up now, swept up in the confusion and doubt on the part of the police there. "Guilt by association", and it may take weeks to sort it all out. Hard to feel a lot of sympathy for them, but it set a disturbing precedent.

Wouldn't you hate to make that call to the wife or the boss? "Umm, I got swept up in a huge gunfight and my bail is a million bucks!"
Player To Be Named Later
AG
I think I'd just as soon not call the wife and explain why I was at a meeting run by the Bandidos.

I'd rather just let the judge deal with me
pfo
AG
quote:
I think I'd just as soon not call the wife and explain why I was at a meeting run by the Bandidos.

I'd rather just let the judge deal with me

Hell my wife would be terminally pissed if I just ate lunch at Twin Peaks!

The Fife
quote:
Too tired to read all 23 (!!!) pages.....but was I dreaming or did I see a report that the PD found weapons hidden all over the place .....like in the flour, chips, etc?? Like 300+ weapons? What's up with that?
That was Breaking Bad.
rangelady
AG
Ok.....I read all of it.....wow.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
http://m.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks-biker-shooting/eyewitness-account-of-twin-peaks-shooting-a-setup-from-start/article_4ff51c8e-01a5-11e5-9ab0-8f6b99793a16.html?mode=jqm
Guitarsoup
AG
What? A leader of the Cossacks said the whole thing was the fault of the Bandidos? That's unbelievable! His words made it in the paper, so you can definitely trust that it is the whole truth.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Yeah... Dude doesn't even know who died. We know two of the killed were not Bandidos, Cossacks, or any of their affiliates. I'm taking this sides word with a gain of salt.
gillom
AG
The most important thing I take from that article is that the whole thing started in the parking lot. Regardless of who started it, this story jives with the AP report about the Twin Peaks surveillance video.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
What? A leader of the Cossacks said the whole thing was the fault of the Bandidos? That's unbelievable! His words made it in the paper, so you can definitely trust that it is the whole truth.

You're right. The Internet experts who weren't there decided the police ambushed em all.
Marlin39m
Surely I'm not the only one wondering why this is on the OB instead of the General Board?
ShaggyAggie01
AG
quote:
Surely I'm not the only one wondering why this is on the OB instead of the General Board?

motorcycles are outdoors. Duh.
carpe vinum
AG
some gunfights are outdoors
Sean98
AG
quote:

Because the Outdoors Board ceased to exist a few years ago and morphed into the "I want to shoot a bad guy/pistol/AR Board."

Vote it down if you don't like it. If enough did that we wouldn't have an issue.
Sooner Born
Amen.
sunchaser
AG
Amen
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

Game wardens were on scene.
aggielostinETX
AG
Don't like. Don't read.
Hoss
AG
I'm glad the thread is here because I want to see discussion on this topic and the OB is pretty much the only board I visit (except the football board during and leading up to football season).
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:

Because cops were involved, and could have done something wrong.

And because, guns.
Kenneth_2003
AG
And because motorcycles are rarely ridden indoors.

Have you seen what the Politics Board has become? This board is perhaps the only one on TexAgs where we seem to still have civil discourse. Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you.
Sean98
AG
quote:

Have you seen what the Politics Board has become? This board is perhaps the only one on TexAgs where we seem to still have civil discourse.
Just like small towns all across Texas. People from the City move to the country for it's quiet charm, then immediately start complaining about how it's not like the place they just left and then they change it for the worse.
maverick2076
http://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Schertz-wife-mother-says-husband-wrongfully-6282331.php?t=0bda57f394c380f523&cmpid=twitter-premium

Apparently wearing a Harley shirt while at the restaurant next door is "probable cause" for being arrested, charged and imprisoned on a million dollar bond.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Hopefully this is the end of the CoC and folks like this being required to deal with the Bandidos in order to run a MC
maverick2076
quote:
Hopefully this is the end of the CoC and folks like this being required to deal with the Bandidos in order to run a MC

The COC itself does a lot of good in and for the motorcycling community. I wouldn't want the COC itself to go away and I don't think it will, although maybe this will lead to a change in the leadership behind it.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
That would be the best possible outcome
Breggy Popup
AG
If what that guy's attorney says is true about them being denied counsel, Waco and the county are gonna have some 'splainin' to do.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if the civil suits for all these folks that have likely lost their jobs (or will lose their jobs), and are certainly currently losing income; all the while incurring additional expense, is going to cost Waco and McClennan county in the billions.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
If what that guy's attorney says is true about them being denied counsel, Waco and the county are gonna have some 'splainin' to do.

Once they are arrested and booked, the bond amount, visitation issues, and seeing counsel is up the county.

Waco PD didn't make the judge put $1,000,000 bond on them and Waco PD can't tell the county not to let them have counsel or visitation. Unless I'm mistaken and Waco PD has their own jail that these guys are still sitting in without being transferred.
aggielostinETX
AG
No but the county did. They will not end well if Waco/McClennan county broke due process.
CS78
Only one out of 170 has bonded out? Are there really that many people that can afford a 20k motorcycle and 40k truck but can't scratch together 100k in a time of serious dire need? I was hoping some of these guys would be out and talking by now.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
Only one out of 170 has bonded out? Are there really that many people that can afford a 20k motorcycle and 40k truck but can't scratch together 100k in a time of serious dire need? I was hoping some of these guys would be out and talking by now.
Having 100k and throwing away 100k are very different animals.
Chazz03
AG
They are just making payment on the bikes and trucks
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:

Once they are arrested and booked, the bond amount, visitation issues, and seeing counsel is up the county.

Waco PD didn't make the judge put $1,000,000 bond on them and Waco PD can't tell the county not to let them have counsel or visitation. Unless I'm mistaken and Waco PD has their own jail that these guys are still sitting in without being transferred.
You know I know how it works. My point, which I didn't make clear, is that the Charlie Foxtrot continues to grow. WPD will have 'splainin' to do if they did indeed arrest guys that were eating at an entirely different establishment....besides all the other potential problems with the situation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.