Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

320,342 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Showing up to that auction would not be a good idea.

Bidding on one of their bikes would not be good for your health.
Depression-era Penny Auctions
Hoss
AG
quote:
The CVMA Protocol is an interesting read... Confirms what I (and apparently others) have been told and adds even more.

CVMA Protocol

That's interesting, indeed. I had no idea that biker clubs were this organized or had protocols or dominant clubs or anything like that. They truly are like gangs, and everything with them is all about respect. Having read that, it's not hard to see how something like what happened in Waco came about. And having read that, I tend to agree with other folks here that it's likely not over.

One thing I read that I thought was interesting is that they apparently always try to present themselves in a way that makes them favorable in the public eye. Since this thing is so highly publicized and reflects poorly on biker gangs, it makes me wonder if there will be repercussions amongst themselves for not "keeping it in the family".
txaggie02
AG
quote:
Even more dumb is that this may have all started from a disagreement about a parking spot. Really? Road rage?

You are naive if you think this is over a parking spot. These guys have been at each other's throats for several years now. A packet of Sweet'N Low could have been the cause yesterday. The parking spot was merely the icing on the cake that sent tensions over the top.

In 2013, the Bandidos president stabbed several Cossacks during an argument outside of Logan's Roadhouse in Abilene.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/two-hospitalized-following-stabbing-at-abilene-restaurant-police-say-motorcycle-clubs-involved/22773840

Just several weeks ago, a Bandido was run off the road and beaten south of Waco by several unknown people in a truck. Hard to imagine that the guys in the truck wouldn't have been from a rival motorcycle gang.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/police/assailants-sought-in-beating-of-motorcycle-gang-member/article_343a9faf-141f-5f45-9045-cd4c8f9e81e7.html
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
Showing up to that auction would not be a good idea.

If this happens, the bikes will be scattered around the country with a number of auction houses. They aren't going to have the auction in the Twin Peaks parking lot with a web notice saying, "auction of bikes confiscated from Texas biker gangs."
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hmmm. Twin Peaks and Logan's Roadhouse. I would have thought biker gangs would be a little less chain oriented and prefer hanging out at one-off, locally owned establishments. Places like the Double Duece.
oneeyedag
The stupid meme black lives matter put out is certainly void.

Reading the booking reports there white, Hispanic and black guys and girls all arrested and charged with organized crime.
TexasAggie_02
AG
just had a brilliant idea. Tell the Occupy Wall Street freaks that the 1% are having a get together in Waco.

two birds, one stone.
drummer0415
AG
I just want to say that I am very disappointed in the OB. This thread has made it to 6 pages without one picture of Twin Peaks girls.
AggieGunslinger
AG
quote:
This so stupid. Why do these guys insist on a "territory" against other bikers? Do they just ignore the dozens of other drug running non-biker entities? Even more dumb is that this may have all started from a disagreement about a parking spot. Really? Road rage?

Just seems like these guys think they're on an episode of "Sons of Anarchy" and think very highly of themselves. I think it makes the biker community look foolish as hell.
I would be willing to bet they don't ignore the other dealers and are in business with them in some form or fashion.

I think you are confused about who the "biker community" is, to me the biker community is the guys who ride harleys and wear leathers to look hard on the weekend and typically have legit enough jobs to buy their bikes off the showroom floor, on the other hand these guy are where the writers of SOA got their inspirations, not the other way around. These guys are the 1%ers.
Bird Poo
AG
quote:
quote:
This so stupid. Why do these guys insist on a "territory" against other bikers? Do they just ignore the dozens of other drug running non-biker entities? Even more dumb is that this may have all started from a disagreement about a parking spot. Really? Road rage?

Just seems like these guys think they're on an episode of "Sons of Anarchy" and think very highly of themselves. I think it makes the biker community look foolish as hell.
I would be willing to bet they don't ignore the other dealers and are in business with them in some form or fashion.

I think you are confused about who the "biker community" is, to me the biker community is the guys who ride harleys and wear leathers to look hard on the weekend and typically have legit enough jobs to buy their bikes off the showroom floor, on the other hand these guy are where the writers of SOA got their inspirations, not the other way around. These guys are the 1%ers.
I would say that the biker community got the idea of running around on loud hogs looking hard from the 1%'s. Just like wannabee ghetto thugs run around idolizing thug life trying to act hard by matching their clothing and cars.

Incidents like this get the same kind of response from me. If you run around trying to portray some sort of image, then don't be surprised when people look at you differently after something like this happens.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I would say that the biker community got the idea of running around on loud hogs looking hard from the 1%'s.
More like from Marlon Brando and Steve McQueen.

Kenneth_2003
AG
The gathering at Twin Peaks was a Confederation of Clubs area meeting, so you had representatives of every member club in the region there. That is why it was held at TP and not at some hole in the wall biker bar. TP is a neutral place and not a part of anyone's turf or territory.

The Bandidos, the Cossacks, are just two member clubs of the COC. So you're also going to have any and all support clubs of these two, along with plenty of independent and neutral clubs. Might even have been some ministry clubs there.

I agree with what some others have said. This brawl would have occurred eventually somewhere. It didn't happen because there was a COC meeting at Twin Peaks. It happened because there are tensions between two rival MCs.
proc
AG
The Cossacks stopped paying "dues" to the CoC, and were not members. That, and the fight the right to wear the Texas "bottom rocker", is what had led to the various Cossack vs. Bandido skirmishes across the State before yesterday.

Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
The Cossacks stopped paying "dues" to the CoC, and were not members.
Was not aware... Interesting
txaggie02
AG
Pretty good article outlining the recent incidents between the Cossacks and Badidos.....

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/18/bulletin-tensions-bandidos-cossacks-rival-biker-gangs-texas/27531291/
  • March 22 - About 10 Cossacks forced a Bandido to pull over off Interstate 35 near Lorena. They then attacked the Bandidos member with "chains, batons, and metal pipes before stealing his motorcycle."
  • March 22 - A group of Bandidos confronted a Cossacks member fueling his motorcycle at a truck stop in Palo Pinto County. After the Cossacks member refused to remove the Texas patch from his vest, the Bandidos attacked him "by striking his head with a hammer and stealing his vest."
  • April 7 - The FBI El Paso Division received information from law enforcement that about 100 Bandidos planned to travel to Odessa on April 11 in order to start a "war" with Cossacks in the area.
  • April 9 - The FBI San Antonio division received information that Bandidos had "discussed the possibility of going to war with Cossacks" and "instructed members to be on the lookout for members or associates of the Cossacks" during the April 11 weekend biker rallies held in Amarillo, Hondo, Midland and Odessa.
  • April 24 - The FBI Dallas division released a report regarding three recent fights between Bandidos and Cossacks in East Texas in Longview, Kilgore and Quitman.
oneeyedag
They arrested Jesus? Good news though, he will be out in three days.

DBSwooper
quote:
quote:
The Cossacks stopped paying "dues" to the CoC, and were not members.
Was not aware... Interesting
Still not as intense as some of the HOAs in Houston...
NRH ag 10
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I would say that the biker community got the idea of running around on loud hogs looking hard from the 1%'s. Just like wannabee ghetto thugs run around idolizing thug life trying to act hard by matching their clothing and cars.

Incidents like this get the same kind of response from me. If you run around trying to portray some sort of image, then don't be surprised when people look at you differently after something like this happens.
I find it both amusing and sad. People with jobs, kids, houses, etc dress up to emulate hardened criminal thugs.
DannyDuberstein
AG
yeah, let's not pretend it's some coincidence that the law-abiding, family bikers prefer the same look. it's playing dressup and trying to pretend you are something you're not, and don't be offended when you actually fool some people into thinking you are something you aren't. it's okay that you like to play dressup. Plenty of people do. But don't act like the joke is on everyone else.

Reminds me of Christmas morning about 15 years ago. Streets are largely empty as my wife and I are driving to the in-laws, and there is a guy with his new Harley and new leathers with skulls and crap everywhere. The guy was trying very hard to look the part in every way, but he was really jsut decked out in and riding his new little Christmas gifts. Goober could barely ride the thing and stalled it out in the middle of the intersection of Preston and Beltline.
TexasAggie_02
AG
CrawfordAg
AG
I hope South Park does a spinoff of how ridiculous this is.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I hope South Park does a spinoff of how ridiculous this is.
FX/USA/TNT should start running "Wild Hogs" all week
3rdGenAg05
AG
I recognize that these "1 percenters" are actual criminals, but I can't help but picture all of them like 50s greasers, sharks vs jets style, or the like.
"Let's have a war" "they're on our turf" "get your chains and bats boys"
It's so pathetic it's funny (shooting up public places is not funny). A guy at work was trying to explain this MC club hierarchy BS to me- vests, colors, etc. I just kept thinking to myself "these are adults we're discussing right?"
AgBQ-00
AG
The thing to keep in mind with the MC groups is they have found a place that fulfills their intense desire to belong to something they see as greater than themselves. It pushes them to protect it from any slights whether real or perceived and also to project strength gained from membership in that group. In a very real sense it is tribalism.
Cancelled
AG
It's really ridiculous. I wonder why there hasn't been a PT Cruiser gang? Why is it only motorcycles?

And, who wants to ride one of these death traps? I see these idiots flying by me on the interstate with a skull cap...sorry buddy, but that isn't going to protect you when you break every bone in your face and body. If you survive, you will be drinking your meals through a straw.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
The thing to keep in mind with the MC groups is they have found a place that fulfills their intense desire to belong to something they see as greater than themselves. It pushes them to protect it from any slights whether real or perceived and also to project strength gained from membership in that group. In a very real sense it is tribalism.

Very true. Everything is tribalism, though. It's a part of the human condition that brings us a lot of good and plenty of bad.
Hoss
AG
So these are the kind of idiots we're dealing with?

I'm not impressed.
AgBQ-00
AG
That is the exact point of riding a motorcycle. It is not safe and you are truly taking your life in your own hands. It is a rush to do it and a skillset that not everyone even wants to gain. It brings a sense of freedom on every ride. While it may sound romanticized and idealistic the feeling while riding is real. It is also a point of pride because you are doing something outside the norm and taking greater responsibility for yourself than relying on built in safeties of four wheels and doors etc.

eta. believe it or not there are pt cruiser enthusiast groups. they don't take the jump into the far outer reaches of gang membership though.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
I recognize that these "1 percenters" are actual criminals
Then you'd be wrong.
From Outlaws MC website
quote:
What is a Outlaw MC 1%er Today
Written by Vulture 1%er
If you read the papers or listen to the news, the media and law enforcement agents have redefined the term "1%er".

As we all know the term was first used in the 60's to describe some of the people that attended the motorcycle events back then. The AMA (American Motorcycle Association) stated that 99% of the people at their events were god fearing and family oriented. The other 1%er were hard riding, hard partying, non mainstream type people. Thus the term 1%er was born. Some of the early bikers embraced the term and decided to call themselves 1%ers.

It did not mean that they were law breakers or low life individuals. They were simply men that rode their motorcycles seven days a week in all kinds of weather, liked to drink and raise a little hell. Sometime during the 80's law enforcement changed the meaning of the 1%er to what they wanted it to represent. It didn't matter that their meaning was incorrect, they just spoon fed it to the general public and the courts as they had so many other things.

The Outlaws Motorcycle Club is rich in history and tradition. One of those traditions is the wearing of a 1%er patch on our vests and referring to ourselves as a 1%er club. The 1%er definition as we see it is one that explains our commitment to Biking and Brotherhood. We ride our motorcycles every day rain or shine. We ride thousands of miles each year with our Brothers to attend parties, social events, funerals and just plain spending time together. We work, have families and do all the things that our neighbors do. In addition to that we belong to a Brotherhood that we are able to combine with our day to day lives.

To say that 1%er's are criminals or people of a lesser moral code than the rest of society is a tainted opinion. The Outlaws Motorcycle Club is not a criminal organization. It is a motorcycle club. We have learned from the mistakes in our past and have worked quite hard to make our club a leader in the efforts of many clubs and bikers to insure that the 1%er lifestyle will continue to grow and stay a part of tradition for the coming generations of those bikers that have the same commitment to Biking and Brotherhood that the past and present 1%er's have left to them.

We may not live by the rules of society, but we do live by it's laws.

Outlaws MC was founded in Chicago in 1935 and now has chapters all around the world.
I'm sure there are criminals within the organization (Chicago bs FIFY Protected), but I don't think it would be appropriate to lump 100% of their membership into that category.
Ezra Brooks
AG
quote:
That is the exact point of riding a motorcycle. It is not safe and you are truly taking your life in your own hands. It is a rush to do it and a skillset that not everyone even wants to gain. It brings a sense of freedom on every ride. While it may sound romanticized and idealistic the feeling while riding is real. It is also a point of pride because you are doing something outside the norm and taking greater responsibility for yourself than relying on built in safeties of four wheels and doors etc.

eta. believe it or not there are pt cruiser enthusiast groups. they don't take the jump into the far outer reaches of gang membership though.
So does a John Deer
AgBQ-00
AG
To each their own. I loved riding. It was a rush and was just fun to be challenged in many different ways. I gave it up though because it worried my wife until she was literally sick.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
It's really ridiculous. I wonder why there hasn't been a PT Cruiser gang? Why is it only motorcycles?

And, who wants to ride one of these death traps? I see these idiots flying by me on the interstate with a skull cap...sorry buddy, but that isn't going to protect you when you break every bone in your face and body. If you survive, you will be drinking your meals through a straw.
the guys flying around you on the interstate aren't the scary dudes that are in gangs.
Ezra Brooks
AG
quote:
To each their own. I loved riding. It was a rush and was just fun to be challenged in many different ways. I gave it up though because it worried my wife until she was literally sick.
My comment was mostly made in jest really, I mean - if riding your motorcycle is what you enjoy then by all means go out and ride.

But Kenneth_2003 posted a link on the politics forum to the "Rules" for the CVMC and I glanced through the first 3-4 pages...I alternated between being unsure if I was reading a elementary school book on social etiquette or the rules of engagement for a hardened gang like the crips/bloods.

We've all got our affiliations (or we wouldn't be on this site), but it's hard for me to imagine being so affiliated that I'd go to guns.
3rdGenAg05
AG
Never heard of the outlaw mc until now. Don't care about their proud history, but I did not mean to imply all bikers were criminals. I'm learning more every minute, but it seems that the criminals like being called 1%ers according to some.
Please don't take offense; I'm referring to the idiots in Waco who dress up in chaps to go start knife fights and shoot other idiots.
What is also silly/sad to me is that other adults want to dress like said criminals to feel cool or feel a part of something. Kind of like adults who wear sports jerseys outside of a stadium or adults at shooting ranges that dress like Navy SEALs (although the latter is at least worth emulating).
Bismarck
AG
So you think they're all hat and no cattle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.