Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

326,015 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
Goose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
point taken
Guitarsoup
AG
In Waco case, biker gangs earning more trust than prosecutors

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/20151026-editorial-in-waco-case-biker-gangs-earning-more-trust-than-prosecutors.ece
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
In Waco case, biker gangs earning more trust than prosecutors

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/20151026-editorial-in-waco-case-biker-gangs-earning-more-trust-than-prosecutors.ece
WOW....

quote:
By the numbers
177 number arrested after the shootout
135 number of suspects originally required to wear ankle monitors
22 number still required to wear them as of September
9 deaths that resulted from the shootout
0 indictments for the shooting deaths
AgBQ-00
AG
The longer this goes the more I am thinking we find out the deaths occurred due to shots from AR's.
oneeyedag
DA Reyna is that you?

whole thing clearly a cluster *****, I only saw one guy who MIGHT be guilty, the guy firing shots whos coming back inside. But could have been SD.
txaggie02
AG
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/29/us/texas-biker-shootout-new-details/index.html

Pretty good article with some pics I hadn't seen before. This statement is pretty jaw dropping....

"In all, police recovered 480 weapons: 151 guns...."

Maybe I missed it being reported previously, but I had no clue it was that many guns. That's a crap load!!!
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:

Pretty good article with some pics I hadn't seen before. This statement is pretty jaw dropping....

Maybe I missed it being reported previously, but I had no clue it was that many guns. That's a crap load!!!

Lots of those were in cars. There weren't many guns fired in the altercation.
txaggie02
AG
quote:
quote:

Lots of those were in cars. There weren't many guns fired in the altercation.

Your first comment isn't really what this article indicates through several sentences. Hell, if 75% of them were in cars, that's still 35+ guns that weren't in cars. That's pretty nuts for a restaurant, whether they were fired or not. Would love to see how many of those owners have their CHL.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
If I would have been there you could add 1 to that total. I'd guess the same is true for 75% of OB posters. So are we for gun rights and concealed carry or are we against it? Can't have it both ways.
Lungblood
Most of the ob is for right to carry...

As long as you pay a fee and take a class.
oneeyedag
Looking back to mug shots and criminal records, quite a bit of those men could have attained a Concealed Carry permit.

Like others have stated, wacko pd could have viewed this video, and let a lot of these guys go. But overall it appears that there are going to be a significant number of bikers with new Harleys and ambulance chasing lawyers in new or newer homea.
txaggie02
AG
quote:
If I would have been there you could add 1 to that total. I'd guess the same is true for 75% of OB posters. So are we for gun rights and concealed carry or are we against it? Can't have it both ways.

I'm for gun rights. I just don't believe a lot of these guys sat through classes to get it. I may be wrong on that though. I'm merely judging a book by its cover.
Guitarsoup
AG
Not illegal to have your gun in your vehicle, though. Even if you don't take a class.
Mr. Dubi
quote:
Not illegal to have your gun in your vehicle, though. Even if you don't take a class.
Don't know the specificson the vehicles, but if they tow they have to inventory contents. The inventory is done without a search warrant, that provides three way protection; 1) owner to account for belongings, 2) wrecker divers/storage lot to protct against pilferage, and 3) police for contraband and pilferage.
AG
106 Indictments thus far

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/First-Twin-Peaks-Biker-Cases-Expected-To-Go-To-Grand-Jury-344135892.html
Guitarsoup
AG
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/texas-news/2015/12/11/4-bikers-shot-waco-gun-type-police-use/77160978/

Four of nine bikers killed by police AR .223s.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/texas-news/2015/12/11/4-bikers-shot-waco-gun-type-police-use/77160978/

Four of nine bikers killed by police AR .223s.
shot by police ARs... 2 also had wounds from other guns
techno-ag
AG
4 dead bikers had 223 caliber wounds (police rifles, presumably). Two had only 223 wounds, two had 223 and other caliber wounds.

Looking pretty good for the cop's side of the story right now.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
It's not clear whether any bikers had .223-caliber rifles.
It should be as "clear" as it's ever gonna be. That would have been "clear" before the sun went down, but certainly by now. What a farce!
Guitarsoup
AG
Bold are people killed by a single shot:

Daniel Raymond Boyett died of a two gunshot wounds to the head. Both were made by copper jacketed bullets. One of the head shot was on top of the head and the other was to the back of the head. "Additional copper jacket and lead fragments" were recovered. "The direction of the bullet" was "downward, right to left and back to front." The fatal shot left "a round, 1/4 inch in diameter gunshot wound. Entrance is on the left temporal scalp, 3 inches below the top of the head." Boyett also had contusions and abrasions that appear to indicate that had had been in a fight. The autopsy also describes a deep graze bullet wound on the left side of his abdomen. All three wounds appear to have been made with copper jacketed bullets. There is no evidence that the bullets were fired at close range.

Someone tried to save Jacob Lee Rhyne's life. He had bruising consistent with efforts to resuscitate him. He was shot in the neck and the back by copper jacketed bullets. He was also shot in the lower abdomen. The abdominal wound also came from a copper jacket bullet, His fatal wounds were not fired from close range.

Charles Wayne Russell was shot once in about the middle of his chest by "a medium caliber, minimally deformed. copper jacketedThe base of the bullet is inscribed "15-08020" over "JU."

Manuel Issac Rodriguez was shot twice, over the right eyebrow and the back. He appears not to have been shot at close range. He was shot with "apparent medium caliber, jacketed" bullets.

Matthew Mark Smith was shot in the back from a distance with a "markedly deformed, medium-caliber, jacketed projectile." He was also shot in the abdomen.

Richard Matthew Jordan, II also died of a gunshot wound to the back of his head from a medium to large caliber, partially jacketed" bullet.

Richard Vincent Kirschner, Jr. died of three bullet wounds to his rear, lower extremities. He was also shot from a distance.

Jesus Delgado Rodriguez was shot in the face. A copper jacketed, slightly deforned, medium-caliber projectile" was recovered from his scalp. The base of the bullet was inscribed "with 15-8021 over CS." He was also shot in the back.

Wayne Lee Campbell was shot in the face by a bullet that exited and reentered his chest.

techno-ag
AG
quote:
Bold are people killed by a single shot:

Daniel Raymond Boyett died of a two gunshot wounds to the head. Both were made by copper jacketed bullets. One of the head shot was on top of the head and the other was to the back of the head. "Additional copper jacket and lead fragments" were recovered. "The direction of the bullet" was "downward, right to left and back to front." The fatal shot left "a round, 1/4 inch in diameter gunshot wound. Entrance is on the left temporal scalp, 3 inches below the top of the head." Boyett also had contusions and abrasions that appear to indicate that had had been in a fight. The autopsy also describes a deep graze bullet wound on the left side of his abdomen. All three wounds appear to have been made with copper jacketed bullets. There is no evidence that the bullets were fired at close range.

Someone tried to save Jacob Lee Rhyne's life. He had bruising consistent with efforts to resuscitate him. He was shot in the neck and the back by copper jacketed bullets. He was also shot in the lower abdomen. The abdominal wound also came from a copper jacket bullet, His fatal wounds were not fired from close range.

Charles Wayne Russell was shot once in about the middle of his chest by "a medium caliber, minimally deformed. copper jacketedThe base of the bullet is inscribed "15-08020" over "JU."

Manuel Issac Rodriguez was shot twice, over the right eyebrow and the back. He appears not to have been shot at close range. He was shot with "apparent medium caliber, jacketed" bullets.

Matthew Mark Smith was shot in the back from a distance with a "markedly deformed, medium-caliber, jacketed projectile." He was also shot in the abdomen.

Richard Matthew Jordan, II also died of a gunshot wound to the back of his head from a medium to large caliber, partially jacketed" bullet.

Richard Vincent Kirschner, Jr. died of three bullet wounds to his rear, lower extremities. He was also shot from a distance.

Jesus Delgado Rodriguez was shot in the face. A copper jacketed, slightly deforned, medium-caliber projectile" was recovered from his scalp. The base of the bullet was inscribed "with 15-8021 over CS." He was also shot in the back.

Wayne Lee Campbell was shot in the face by a bullet that exited and reentered his chest.

Wowzers! I wonder how much more of a bloodbath it would have been if the cops weren't there to stop it.
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
Justice moves so slowly.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
4 dead bikers had 223 caliber wounds (police rifles, presumably). Two had only 223 wounds, two had 223 and other caliber wounds.

Looking pretty good for the cop's side of the story right now.
This actually doesn't do anything positive for the cop's side of the story.

They haven't said what guns all the other wounds came from. They have only said that four dead people have been shot by .223 rounds and two of those people were not shot by anything else.

Over six months later and we still don't know who the police shot, who the bikers shot or who shot each person that is dead or injured.
aggielostinETX
AG
The article is pretty clear. The cops were only shooting .223 and 4 dead guys had .223 injuries.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
The article is pretty clear. The cops were only shooting .223 and 4 dead guys had .223 injuries.

The article says that four people were shot with .223, which is the same as the rifle police used.

It didn't say that was the only gun used by police. Edit: this was wrong.
DannyDuberstein
AG
7 out of 9 at least shot by bikers. Taking down 4 doesn't seem unreasonable at all. Some posters were in a tizzy expecting all 9 by the evild ambishing cops.
OnlyForNow
AG
What type of ammo do police use? I figured they had to use ball ammo?
Chazz03
AG
quote:
quote:

The article says that four people were shot with .223, which is the same as the rifle police used.

It didn't say that was the only gun used by police.

I thought that it did say that
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Ballistics reports show four of the dead were shot by .223-caliber rifles - the only type of weapon fired by police.
Yup.
Guitarsoup
AG
My mistake. I read that wrong.
AG
There are so many posters here that want nothing more than to see the police painted as cold blooded executioners in this case.
maverick2076
quote:
quote:
Ballistics reports show four of the dead were shot by .223-caliber rifles - the only type of weapon fired by police.
Yup.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in that quote one way or another. It just seems unlikely that none of the cops would have used their service pistol. That could be as simple as a grammatical mistake where the author was trying to say it was a weapon only used by police. I'll be interested to see the final ballistics report tying each bullet to the gun it came out of.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I recall reports awhile back that the cops only fired service rifles, so this news is consistent with those. It actually is logical because a handgun is not accurate at all beyond a very short distance, and from the sound of it, the cops didn't appear to wade right into the middle of it. I think they set up on the perimeter with rifles they could fire accurately.
reagan1k
I think most people actually just want to see those responsible for this absolute boondoggle / cluster f&$k be held responsible ... Both the "actual" at fault bikers and the law endorsement / district attorney that made a bad situation much much worse.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I recall reports awhile back that the cops only fired service rifles, so this news is consistent with those. It actually is logical because a handgun is not accurate at all beyond a very short distance, and from the sound of it, the cops didn't appear to wade right into the middle of it. I think they set up on the perimeter with rifles they could fire accurately.
That's consistent with the reports I remember. The cops had a perimeter at a distance, and would have been using rifles only.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.