Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

320,379 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After doing a quick google search, this isn't a one time occurrence.
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
After doing a quick google search, this isn't a one time occurrence.

Yeah I googled hooters prostitution and the first three links were 06,09 and 2011. Sounds widespread.
BohunkAg
AG
Brad Doan was the manager's name. Before he managed Twin Peaks in Waco, he had managed the Rudy's BBQ in waco. Rudy's in Waco shut down as a precaution after the incident too, which I found interesting on several levels
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
http://www.houstonpress.com/news/teen-victim-to-teen-madam-among-all-the-kids-money-mike-handed-100-bills-for-sex-one-was-charged-with-a-felony-6714300
That is just SICK! I didn't realize breastraunts even hired minors to work in their establishments. Also, what parent would allow their kid to work in that environment? The father admits to being "uncomfortable" with her hostess uniform, so why not be a parent and put his foot down! It's obvious she's not the brightest bulb on the string when she's been held back in middle school.

Also it looks like most of the restaurants in question in this case took action and banned Money Mike. Though if they thought something that serious was up, I wonder why the managers didn't go to the police with it.

I've seen customers at Chilis offer the bartender money to come back to his hotel and dance for him and his crew. That doesn't mean the restaurant is running a prostitution ring. That means you've got a scumbag for a customer.

Edit to add... Now that I've finished the article, I want to puke.
agsalaska
AG
Just drove by it. They have cops on the roof.

Crazy
BohunkAg
AG
https://www.facebook.com/doan.brad
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:

Crazy

Tactical or wood stocks?
lawless89
He's a townie!

And from college station! Not horrible horrendous Bryan!
BohunkAg
AG
Yep
Towns03
AG
quote:
quote:
Maybe I missed it I this thread but I would assume twin peaks is a 51% location. I don't know if it is and I am probably wrong, but jut feel like a place like that would be.
I don't think it is. I've been in that location, before I started carrying regularly and don't recall seeing a sign stating that the entire place is 51% or a 30.06 sign.

It's likely divided with 51% applying to the bar area, but not the rest of the restaurant.
I've been asking this question for two years since a TP opened across the street from my elementary school. I don't know if they lie on the forms submitted to the ATF or what, but there's no way they sell more food than booze.
OnlyForNow
AG
Is that governed by ATF or TABC?
EMY92
AG
quote:
Is that governed by ATF or TABC?
TABC
CrossBowAg99
AG
The proximity to a school regulation is a city ordinance
redag06
Your hostess, she is probably 16 or 17. If she were 18 she would be serving.
Towns03
AG
I have no idea...
agsalaska
AG
quote:
quote:

Crazy

Tactical or wood stocks?

Haha. They were totally tacticool.
Towns03
AG
right, but here in Houston it's based on whether or not they're 51%. I could see people lying or otherwise goofing with the numbers enough so that they're not regulated like a 'bar'.
DayAg!
S
So after all the dust settles, who wins in this situation. Did somebody win a big prize for the most dead. What did anyone gain. Surely there had to be some great big reward for killing.
OnlyForNow
AG
Towns, that's why I asked I'm almost positive that it is a very scrutinized regulation by TABC; after all, all booze in and all booze out has to be accounted for (that's why booze at bars has tax stamps on the bottles, as do cases/flats of beer and kegs.)

TABC is on those places like white on rice.
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
DayAg! 9:34a
So after all the dust settles, who wins in this situation. Did somebody win a big prize for the most dead. What did anyone gain. Surely there had to be some great big reward for killing.

Well we aren't talking about rocket scientists here
YellAg2004
AG
quote:
right, but here in Houston it's based on whether or not they're 51%. I could see people lying or otherwise goofing with the numbers enough so that they're not regulated like a 'bar'.
Any chance you're referring to the one on I-10 in the energy corridor? If so, there's no way they fudged the numbers with all the hand-wringing SAHMs that were trying to keep it from opening too close to their snowflakes.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The world wins.
ursusguy
AG
Sounds like corporate is pissed, and yank the franchise.
Mr. Dubi
quote:

Society. Baltimore and Ferguson could learn a thing or two here. If you and your people are the problem, work it out amongst yourselves. Don't burn down the entire city and attack the police!
drummer0415
AG
quote:

9 thugs are dead, so I'd say that the productive members of society won overall.
Bismarck
AG
Sounds like McClennan County is going to have a hell of a motorcycle auction in a few months.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
Maybe I missed it I this thread but I would assume twin peaks is a 51% location. I don't know if it is and I am probably wrong, but jut feel like a place like that would be.
Disclaimer... I'm not in the restaurant business.

They make a mint off of beer and liquor sales (especially beer) no doubt. However, I've always heard that for restaurants their biggest money maker and their smallest expense is food. The markups on food are tremendous. Consider they probably have a heavy lunch crowd that's relatively low on beer/alcohol sales they might be able to easily stay under the 51% rules.
PorkEatingCrusader
quote:
I'm willing to bet a good bit of the bikers who were not felons did have a CHL. Just imagine police responding to an active shooting where suspects and the general public were open carrying while people were getting shot and mass chaos. What a terrible idea.

be quiet rook!
ccard257
AG
was reading an article on this from the BBC and they had this map at the bottom. Made me laugh. Mexico, Texas, USA.

aggielostinETX
AG
You have to be 18 to serve beer in Texas.

There are already back alley claims that the Bandidos and the owner were maybe under the table partners.
TexasAggie_02
AG
crazy! I drove by on Hwy 6 right around 12:15 yesterday. The wife was asleep, and i was looking through Mp3 playlists on my phone. Never even noticed it.
PTXaggie08
AG
quote:
crazy! I drove by on Hwy 6 right around 12:15 yesterday. The wife was asleep, and i was looking through Mp3 playlists on my phone. Never even noticed it.
Put your phone down while driving. You're going to kill somebody.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
Disclaimer... I'm not in the restaurant business.

They make a mint off of beer and liquor sales (especially beer) no doubt. However, I've always heard that for restaurants their biggest money maker and their smallest expense is food. The markups on food are tremendous. Consider they probably have a heavy lunch crowd that's relatively low on beer/alcohol sales they might be able to easily stay under the 51% rules.

You have that wrong. Food markups are nothing compared to alcohol markups.

Alcohol has very low production costs. Think how much a bottle of Maker's costs. Now remember they are selling Maker's as premium for $7/drink. And the waitress and bartender are working for tips, but you have a whole kitchen of people plus bus boys for the food production.
VanZandt92
All I know is that the Cossacks rule East Tejas.
Van Buren Boy
AG
quote:
quote:
Does anyone know the gangs involved?

one was the Van Buren Boys - not sure about the other.

The other no longer exists

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.