Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

321,263 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
Aggies Revenge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Does every LEO there have to give up the gun they had on scene so it can be figured out in terms of who shot who?
Yes. That is a primary reason why officers keep their weapons clean, so they can prove a no-shoot if need be. If the weapon has evidence of having been fired, then it is consider to have been fired on scene until proven otherwise.

Mine was kept so clean thanks to genetic coding imprinted on me by my Senior Drill Instructors boot, not because I was worried about proving I had not shot it.
B-1 83
AG
quote:
You have to be 18 to serve beer in Texas.

There are already back alley claims that the Bandidos and the owner were maybe under the table partners.
You think?????? There is a reason Twin Peaks is so popular with the biker crowd. They support their own.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
quote:
You have to be 18 to serve beer in Texas.

There are already back alley claims that the Bandidos and the owner were maybe under the table partners.
You think?????? There is a reason Twin Peaks is so popular with the biker crowd. They support their own.
I think all the TPs have bike night. It started at the original in Plano.
ZoneClubber
AG
Undercover agent explains Waco gang shooting

quote:
At least five motorcycle gangs comprising 150 members were meeting at the Twin Peaks bar and restaurant in Waco to discuss recruitment. Local officials haven't yet said which gangs were involved in the shooting.The Cossacks, a local Texas gang, had been challenging the Bandidos' dominance, including discussing a possible alliance with the Hell's Angels, a rival of the Bandidos, Cook said.The biggest provocation came when the Cossacks began wearing a Texas patch on their clothing "basically a slap in the face to the Bandidos," said Cook, who says he was an undercover investigator of the Bandidos and some of their support groups."We knew the tensions with the Cossacks were as high as they'd ever been," he said. "I don't think anybody could have forecasted it to the degree that it happened."
Kenneth_2003
AG
Wow... I boogered up my original post!

The 51% signage has nothing to do with profits. It has to do with gross receipts. If alcohol makes up >=51% of gross receipts they have to post that signage which bans CHL holders from carrying. Again, they might do enough of a non-drinking, business lunch crowd to keep them clear of the requirement.

Also other than gamedays how many people regularly go in there and just take a table and drink all day or all evening vs go in and have a couple of drinks with their food then go elsewhere?
schmellba99
AG
quote:
"I don't think anybody could have forecasted it to the degree that it happened."

Not sure I follow this logic here....5 separate gangs meeting at a single place, all whom generally have attitudes and dislike anybody not them and they couldn't have guessed bad things would happen?

I suppose that they would not forecast bad things if you put gasoline and lit matches in the same vicinity as one another either.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
Wow... I boogered up my original post!

The 51% signage has nothing to do with profits. It has to do with gross receipts. If alcohol makes up >=51% of gross receipts they have to post that signage which bans CHL holders from carrying. Again, they might do enough of a non-drinking, business lunch crowd to keep them clear of the requirement.

Also other than gamedays how many people regularly go in there and just take a table and drink all day or all evening vs go in and have a couple of drinks with their food then go elsewhere?
I would guess the no-booze lunch crowds keeps the food sales up.
NRH ag 10
AG
quote:
So after all the dust settles, who wins in this situation. Did somebody win a big prize for the most dead. What did anyone gain. Surely there had to be some great big reward for killing.
Control of territory and a potential cut of profits from criminal activity. OMGs are like any other large criminal organization.
aggielostinETX
AG
I assume you are still tied in...

were most of the dead Bandido or Cossack? How many were killed by LEO?
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:
"I don't think anybody could have forecasted it to the degree that it happened."

Not sure I follow this logic here....5 separate gangs meeting at a single place, all whom generally have attitudes and dislike anybody not them and they couldn't have guessed bad things would happen?

I suppose that they would not forecast bad things if you put gasoline and lit matches in the same vicinity as one another either.

There is bad, and then there is bad. I think they were not anticipating bad.

I used to work the Dawgs on Hawgs rallies that Stevens and Pruitt had every year. Most of the various biker "clubs" would show up. We would have the leaders from each come to our base camp for a meeting before things really got rolling to remind them to keep their folks in line and we weren't going to put up with any violent bull****. Did they like each other? No. Did they stay in line? Yes. The feedback we always got was their policy was to not put non gang members at risk...unless someone ****ed with them.

They all show up at the same places for various events throughout the state and country. You don't hear about mass shootouts like this often at all in public places.
carpe vinum
AG
what really happened

Kenneth_2003
AG
Just had a fascinating conversation with a co-worker. He helped start one of the chapters of CVMA (Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association) here in Texas.

He said when they got started, they and every other motorcycle club is supposed to go to the Confederation of Clubs (COC) for approval. Now at least on the surface this is an organization that promotes communication between clubs and obviously political unity for motorcycle awareness education, lobbying, etc. HOWEVER!!! He claimed that within Texas it's understood that you're also getting approval of your club from the Banditos! They're approving your colors. This includes whether or not you're using a one, two or three piece insignia. He also mentioned for example that no ones insignia would be approved if it contained a diamond or reference to the 1%ers. He mentioned their chapter didn't allow a Texas flag to appear on their vests as it could be viewed by some as claiming a territory.

He went on to say that clubs could get acceptance at the state level or at a more regional level, but the approval was the same. He mentioned there isn't a criminal head at the COC in every state, but I got the impression they still wouldn't let you do something that would run you afoul of the criminal motorcycle clubs.

So if what he's telling me is correct, it's interesting to see an intertwining and at the core acceptance of the Banditios (and possibly other criminal gangs) by social motorcycle clubs.

Edit to add... This all seems in line with what Dlance mentioned above.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I wouldn't call that acceptance as much as I'd call it a type of shakedown.
TexasAggie_02
AG
it all started when the snowman ran over their bikes

oneeyedag
Combat Vets insignia

mts6175
AG
quote:
Just had a fascinating conversation with a co-worker. He helped start one of the chapters of CVMA (Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association) here in Texas.

He said when they got started, they and every other motorcycle club is supposed to go to the Confederation of Clubs (COC) for approval. Now at least on the surface this is an organization that promotes communication between clubs and obviously political unity for motorcycle awareness education, lobbying, etc. HOWEVER!!! He claimed that within Texas it's understood that you're also getting approval of your club from the Banditos! They're approving your colors. This includes whether or not you're using a one, two or three piece insignia. He also mentioned for example that no ones insignia would be approved if it contained a diamond or reference to the 1%ers. He mentioned their chapter didn't allow a Texas flag to appear on their vests as it could be viewed by some as claiming a territory.

He went on to say that clubs could get acceptance at the state level or at a more regional level, but the approval was the same. He mentioned there isn't a criminal head at the COC in every state, but I got the impression they still wouldn't let you do something that would run you afoul of the criminal motorcycle clubs.

So if what he's telling me is correct, it's interesting to see an intertwining and at the core acceptance of the Banditios (and possibly other criminal gangs) by social motorcycle clubs.

Edit to add... This all seems in line with what Dlance mentioned above.

Have heard the same from two different people this morning.
Kenneth_2003
AG
The CVMA Protocol is an interesting read... Confirms what I (and apparently others) have been told and adds even more.

CVMA Protocol
91AggieLawyer
AG
Talked to a local (DFW area) police officer today. He said, "this isn't over. Not by a long shot."

I don't know what intelligence he is getting, but I'm telling my parents, who live in Waco, to stay home for now.
AverageAg
AG
I ate a Twin Peaks once or 50 times...really makes you think
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
Talked to a local (DFW area) police officer today. He said, "this isn't over. Not by a long shot."

I don't know what intelligence he is getting, but I'm telling my parents, who live in Waco, to stay home for now.

Just a gut feeling but I bet this doesn't end in Waco
EMY92
AG
I ate at this Twin Peaks a couple of months ago. The level of talent wasn't close to enough to compensate for the food.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
It's not just Waco to be leary of. I know some Cossacks (friend-of-a-friend kind of deal), and I'd be surprised if this doesn't spill over into North East Texas. If I were in Hunt County I'd keep my head on a swivel. The Bandidos and Cossacks don't get along and never have, but they don't generally mix it up. Recently, changes in the Cossack leadership have put them more at odds, so you may see the Bandidos trying to come into Cossack territory.

Like I said, head on a swivel if you're anywhere OMG types may be.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Cut one head off, two more take it's place
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
I bet this doesn't end in Waco

Do you mean this will be ongoing/unending in Waco or that it will end somewhere else?
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
quote:
I bet this doesn't end in Waco

Do you mean this will be ongoing/unending in Waco or that it will end somewhere else?
These guys clash all the time. The last big one was knife fight in Abilene in 2013.
Bird Poo
AG
This so stupid. Why do these guys insist on a "territory" against other bikers? Do they just ignore the dozens of other drug running non-biker entities? Even more dumb is that this may have all started from a disagreement about a parking spot. Really? Road rage?

Just seems like these guys think they're on an episode of "Sons of Anarchy" and think very highly of themselves. I think it makes the biker community look foolish as hell.
rather be fishing
AG
RoT Rally should be fun in a couple of weeks.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
He said 170 people have been charged with engaging in organized crime resulting in death -- a capital offense that could bring the death penalty in Texas.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Yes. Maybe we could use the Best Korea method of death by anti-aircraft guns.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
quote:
He said 170 people have been charged with engaging in organized crime resulting in death -- a capital offense that could bring the death penalty in Texas.

Good enough reason to never jump into a fight to attempt to break it up.
Bismarck
AG
quote:
Even if the men bond out of jail, they probably won't be riding their motorcycles home. The motorcycles were confiscated as part of the massive law enforcement investigation and sources say they likely will be seized and forfeited by McLennan County through civil forfeiture procedures and sold at auction.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/police/bikers-jailed-under-million-bonds/article_38b881ef-0278-51ab-bc82-8c8a05b224da.html?mode=jqm

Knew it. It's even easier for them to meet the burden of proof for civil forfeiture since these fools were all arrested at the location of the melee and were wearing clothing identifying them as members of the various clubs.
confucius_ag
AG
Showing up to that auction would not be a good idea.

Bidding on one of their bikes would not be good for your health.
Glenlivet
AG
quote:

The **** is fixing to get real...
NRH ag 10
AG
quote:
Showing up to that auction would not be a good idea.

Bidding on one of their bikes would not be good for your health.
Exactly.
TAMUallen
AG
quote:
This so stupid. Why do these guys insist on a "territory" against other bikers? Do they just ignore the dozens of other drug running non-biker entities? Even more dumb is that this may have all started from a disagreement about a parking spot. Really? Road rage?

Just seems like these guys think they're on an episode of "Sons of Anarchy" and think very highly of themselves. I think it makes the biker community look foolish as hell.

You realize Bandidos makes SoA look like child's play? They are basically a multinational worldwide corporation

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.