Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

320,372 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
clintaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
VanZandt92
quote:
It's really ridiculous. I wonder why there hasn't been a PT Cruiser gang? Why is it only motorcycles?

And, who wants to ride one of these death traps? I see these idiots flying by me on the interstate with a skull cap...sorry buddy, but that isn't going to protect you when you break every bone in your face and body. If you survive, you will be drinking your meals through a straw.

You've never ridden a motorcycle i see, much less a Harley. It's about as exhilarating an experience you can get outside of sex and Aggie football victory.
DannyDuberstein
AG
My dog has the same thought when he sticks his head out the window.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
Agree. The only way to make it stick would be to spring the undercovers that are in the gangs at this point that know a lot more than we do....

Not really. If they were all wearing their colors, and murder or capital murder can be proved on just one individual, Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity is pretty much a slam dunk on all of them. Got read penal code chapter 71. It's pretty nuts in how it is written.
But they would have to prove a conspiracy for pre-meditated murder. I doubt anyone was going to Twin Peaks in the middle of a shopping center to get a cheeseburger and some murder. It was more likely a bar fight that got out of hand and I am not sure you can prove conspiracy for a hundred guys on manslaughter.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.71.htm
VanZandt92
quote:
quote:
quote:
The Cossacks stopped paying "dues" to the CoC, and were not members.
Was not aware... Interesting
Still not as intense as some of the HOAs in Houston...

Post of the day.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Agree. The only way to make it stick would be to spring the undercovers that are in the gangs at this point that know a lot more than we do....

Not really. If they were all wearing their colors, and murder or capital murder can be proved on just one individual, Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity is pretty much a slam dunk on all of them. Got read penal code chapter 71. It's pretty nuts in how it is written.
But they would have to prove a conspiracy for pre-meditated murder. I doubt anyone was going to Twin Peaks in the middle of a shopping center to get a cheeseburger and some murder. It was more likely a bar fight that got out of hand and I am not sure you can prove conspiracy for a hundred guys on manslaughter.

Yes for the murder part. They could just as easily go for agg assault, deadly conduct, etc. Let's say pretty much any of them that had a weapon are ****ed. And I bet most of them did of some kind.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
You've never ridden a motorcycle i see, much less a Harley. It's about as exhilarating an experience you can get outside of sex and Aggie football victory.
You've never flown a plane, I see.

Serious point: different strokes for different strokes.

I have a MC endorsement, though I haven't ridden in decades, and never rode a big street bike. Much preferred dirt bikes. I just never loved going for miles/hours in the wind and weather. I do understand folks who work inside and need some outside time.

But if I want to spend hours on a big, loud, powerful machine that rattles my bones with every bump, takes me outdoors, vibrates the seat so violently that it takes hours to unwind when I get home, puts me out in the weather, etc. etc. etc.....I don't need to buy an extra vehicle or leave work.....

Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes for the murder part. They could just as easily go for agg assault, deadly conduct, etc. Let's say pretty much any of them that had a weapon are ****ed. And I bet most of them did of some kind.
You are still going to have a courtroom of Bandidos that say they were there to eat cheeseburgers and look down teenaged girl's shirts and the big bad Cossacks showed up and attacked them, and they just defended themselves.

And the Cossacks have the opposite story.

And you have to find beyond a reasonable doubt that one of them started the fight for some reason to get any of it to stick. Because everyone else they can place as a fighter has self defense.
aggielostinETX
AG
Unless you have a CI or UC that testifies differently
Hoss
AG
quote:
quote:

I have a MC endorsement, though I haven't ridden in decades, and never rode a big street bike. Much preferred dirt bikes. I just never loved going for miles/hours in the wind and weather. I do understand folks who work inside and need some outside time.

But if I want to spend hours on a big, loud, powerful machine that rattles my bones with every bump, takes me outdoors, vibrates the seat so violently that it takes hours to unwind when I get home, puts me out in the weather, etc. etc. etc.....I don't need to buy an extra vehicle or leave work.....

That thing must get upwards of 5 mph!
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:

Or peace officers who were already there.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:

They said they were not inside when it started.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
quote:

They can't show motive prior to arriving at the club.

Like, " then tankhead said" I am gonna kick some Cossack ass." And he did"
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
Road gear is just under 20mph, so pppfffftttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!
Breggy Popup
AG
I was under the impression there were officers there the whole time, hence the rapid response. Looks like I was mistaken.

It will be interesting if they find anything that would negate a self-defense claim.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
I was under the impression there were officers there the whole time, hence the rapid response. Looks like I was mistaken.

It will be interesting if they find anything that would negate a self-defense claim.
They were there, but I think they were outside the restaurant. And supposedly it started in the bathroom. I'm guessing someone scuffed someone's Puma.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:

It's my understanding that they were outside the restaurant in the shopping center. When the dummies spilled the fight out into the restaurant parking lot, the cops engaged.
Hoss
AG
quote:
quote:
Road gear is just under 20mph, so pppfffftttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!
Mose Schrute
AG
Great thread.

I know the bandidos have a pretty big chapter in Galveston, and I definitely noticed them while I was at A&M for a couple years there. They have huge turnouts at the Lone Star Rally.

My first week as a freshman I ate lunch at The Spot one day and there happened to be a meeting going on between a Bandidos President and a Hell's Angels Prez. I noticed their conversation wasn't a friendly one as I had to walk right past their table and the two guys each of them brought with em.
Pretty sure my a** bumped the table as I went around em in the crowed place. left in a hurry.

Don't know what they were talking about, but it was one of the coolest/ scariest experiences Ive had.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I think it was started earlier in this thread, they weren't there to eat cheeseburgers and look down a coeds shirt. They were there for a COC meeting. So you likely had plenty of clubs present besides the ones involved in the melee.

As for officer presence, based on the warnings from local Leos, I wouldn't be surprised if a UC wasn't inside with one of the clubs (or multiple) when this started. I missed an interview on Hannity tonight, but he was going to have a Leo on to talk about this and Hannity said his identity would be masked. Talk bummer of a time to be called away from the TV.
Bismarck
AG
Seems to me that they'll be going for a felony murder conviction. If they can prove the club members were there to commit a felony, they all get a murder charge whether or not they even participated in the fight. It doesn't even matter if the cops killed every one of them as long as they can prove the conspiracy. It's like an armed robbery gone bad on a much larger scale.
pfo
AG
Remember those guys from Jr high that were complete idiots and you used to think "when I'm an adult this scum and I will never come in contact"? Well the few that are still alive are in motorcycle gangs like these and sell dope for a living and are still losers". If you want to join a club for goodness sake then join one with better looking people then these like a country club or stock club.

A subset of this group are the girls who, as teenagers, went to the beach to get drunk and get laid and are still there at 60 with no education or marketable skills and lots of sun damaged skin and desperately in need of dental work. The beach party is over for you honey and now your "living in a van down by the river"! You reap what you sow!
Dogdoc
AG
quote:
quote:

I call BS. Big and powerful, yes. The rest, not so much. That's the Cadillac of tractors. Should have posted a picture of a 4020........lol...just messing with you.

IDAGG
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wow. This is cult-like in the sense of "us vs them" etc. The sense of power that the MC's clearly have just pisses me off. Get over yourselves.

I read that "protocol". I couldn't help thinking that there wouldn't be 10% as much protocol for a meeting with the freaking Queen of England.

I get the respect thing, but what a bunch of pansies, that they can't take the slightest "disrespect" without going ballistic. Part of being a man is self control and shrugging off idiots.
Bingo CanyonAg. Part of life is having to deal with idiots. If you react, you wind up at their level.
IDAGG
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pretty good for a Lincoln!
Mr. Dubi
It just occurred to me-- If you're planning on doing ill on a Sunday afternoon, don't bring it to Texas:

Garland durka durka's at the mohammed cartoon contest and this.
schmellba99
AG
The Banditos were founded in Houston, the Houston-Galveston area is pretty much their headquarters.
carpe vinum
AG
It's kinda hard to feel sympathy when everyone was a willing participant in the events.
Aggie_3
quote:

. The beach party is over for you honey and now your "living in a van down by the river"! You reap what you sow!

No chris farley gif?!
txaggie02
AG
quote:
It's kinda hard to feel sympathy when everyone was a willing participant in the events.

Who is everyone? I find it very hard to believe that all 170-180 bikers knew what would go down at Twin Peaks. A fight? Probably with all the tension but that doesn't mean that everybody was involved or knew that murders would happen. From the reports I've read, there were quite a few smaller MCs present due to it being a CoC meeting. Those guys don't just not show up because they are scared a fight might take place. I'd be willing to bet there were quite a few present that had the same "WTF just happened" thoughts as most of us. Now the Cossacks and Bandidos....I'd venture to say all of their members were fully aware of what was going to happen. Maybe not 9 people dead, but a huge brawl. Especially with the multiple events over the past 2-3 months.
PTXaggie08
AG
quote:
quote:

Who is everyone? I find it very hard to believe that all 170-180 bikers knew what would go down at Twin Peaks. A fight? Probably with all the tension but that doesn't mean that everybody was involved or knew that murders would happen. From the reports I've read, there were quite a few smaller MCs present due to it being a CoC meeting. Those guys don't just not show up because they are scared a fight might take place. I'd be willing to bet there were quite a few present that had the same "WTF just happened" thoughts as most of us. Now the Cossacks and Bandidos....I'd venture to say all of their members were fully aware of what was going to happen. Maybe not 9 people dead, but a huge brawl. Especially with the multiple events over the past 2-3 months.
If you are part of a motorcycle club that would get invited to a CoC meeting, you are more than likely aware of ongoing disputes between the Bandidos and the Cossacks. And you are also more than likely aware of their illegal activity. Why would you purposely go an environment that had that much dry powder?

Maybe this is why its not a good idea to wear leather cuts with patches that make you look like a criminal.
tlh3842
AG
It's so ironic I just finished the final season of SOA on Friday.

Everybody tries to lump everyone in an MC as just terrible gang members. Even known outlaw MCs that have a terrible reputation are different from other gangs; MCs aren't like other gangs. Many MCs have benefits and actually give/do some good in the world. It may be decent and not make up for the bad, but there's a reason they literally wear patches that clearly say their names. Do all Crips, Bloods, or other street gangs that literally wear the name of their gang on their back and where they're from? I don't think so.
OnlyForNow
AG
I know that in the picture of the dead guys and parking lot there are at least 2 pistols visible next to DBs.

If you act like a hood/thug/criminal/OBC expect to be treated like one. Don't join a 1%er OMC if you think it's unfair to be grouped and labeled into a group of criminals. It's simple.
DBSwooper
quote:
. Do all Crips, Bloods, or other street gangs that literally wear the name of their gang on their back and where they're from? I don't think so.

Yes they do.

You just don't know what all their symbology means between the tattoos, colors and clothing placements. It's easier to read some of the OMG symbology because you've been conditioned to know what it means. However, once you learn you can peg someone as a member of a criminal street gang or prison gang very easily. No I'm not talking about those stupid tear drop tattoos.
aggielostinETX
AG
And many urban gangs give back too in their own twisted way.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.