Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

326,078 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
Aggie_3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My sister works at Hillcresst in the ward that they are being kept in and the ones that were awake yesterday kept yelling and going on about this is only the beginning and all hell is going to break out over texas over this.....

she also said that their ward had atleast 30 heavily armed swat members keeping it on lockdown.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I can definitely understand enjoyment from riding and hanging out with others that enjoy it. I was never a street bike person, but did ride dirt bikes a lot as a kid. I just think the dressup and social structure with many of these crowds is ridiculous. To the point above, the fact there are adults reading and following that handbook posted above is ****ing ridiculous. it's like something that was written in a treehouse or mom and dad's basement.
AgBQ-00
AG
On that I completely agree. Just to be clear I was never associated with any MC. I had acquaintances who were. I understand the allure of riding but all the other BS stuff they put up with was not appealing to me.
Wrighty
AG
quote:
The CVMA Protocol is an interesting read... Confirms what I (and apparently others) have been told and adds even more.

CVMA Protocol
Wow. This is cult-like in the sense of "us vs them" etc. The sense of power that the MC's clearly have just pisses me off. Get over yourselves.
KatyAg01
AG
quote:
I hope South Park does a spinoff of how ridiculous this is.
They already did.
chris1515
AG
Except for the brief derailment about open carry, this is a great thread. Thanks to everyone who has useful info for sharing it.
IDAGG
AG
quote:
quote:
I recognize that these "1 percenters" are actual criminals
Then you'd be wrong.
Outlaws MC was founded in Chicago in 1935 and now has chapters all around the world.
I'm sure there are criminals within the organization (Chicago bs FIFY Protected), but I don't think it would be appropriate to lump 100% of their membership into that category.

The Justice Department would disagree with you. The Outlaws are listed as one of the seven OMC that they worry about. These 1% clubs are all about breaking the law. Is 100% of their membership hardcore criminals? No, but a substantial portion of the members are involved in some way in criminal activity. The fact that the clubs' websites claim they are just a bunch of MC enthusiasts means absolutely nothing.

quote:
The Department of Justice has identified seven motorcycle clubs that it believes are highly structured criminal enterprises, many of them allied in one form or another against the best-known gang, the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club.A Justice Department report classifies such organizations as outlaw motorcycle gangs, and federal law enforcement authorities are focused on their alleged drug activity and possible connections to Mexican cartels.
quote:
The Outlaws Motorcycle Club has 700 members in 86 chapters and is centered in the upper Midwest, where they compete with Hells Angels for members. Some Outlaws chapter members have been accused of murder and kidnapping, and federal authorities say they believe much of the club's money is generated through the manufacture and distribution of methamphetamine.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-why-the-feds-are-worried-about-these-biker-gangs-20150518-htmlstory.html
EMY92
AG
I have little doubt about the make up of the 1% MC gangs, but to be fair, the Justice Department is run by a bunch of criminals, too.
Post removed:
by user
Kenneth_2003
AG
I'll concede that many maybe maybe even all of the 1% clubs are imaging in some form of criminal activity. Probably or possibly on par with or exceeding the mob.

I do think our would like to think that m not all members are criminals.

Another poster mentioned guys that dress like seals when they go to the range in terms or gear and dress. An argument could be made that outside of the criminal aspect the seals and motorcycle clubs are very similar. Speaking in terms of coffees of conduct, defense of ones sense of being/association, hobbies, and the like.

A motorcyclist gets in a wreck and the medics cut off his vest, and the guy gets upset. That best is part of his identity. His patches have meaning to him. He knows that vest and every patch, every scuff, every wrinkle. How many of you guys though could identify your deer rifle from a stack of same make/model? You know the dings and dents on the furniture, the blemishes in the bluing, etc.

I too have learned a whole lot today, and enjoyed it tremendously.

I posted the CVMA link here as well. The coworker that I chatted with used to lead one of the Texas chapters and was in charge of vetting prospective members. He's a professional. He's happily married. His children are college educated with advanced degrees and for independent. He enjoys riding his Harley too.
MW13
AG
Nothing like clicking through the mugshots and saying, "Holy ****! I know that guy!" Went to school with one of them. Didn't run in the exact same circles but would often be at the same places and were always friendly. Saw him and talked to him not that long ago. Crazy.
Scruffy
AG
One thing I think many here aren't reading into that paper (and having been at Bandidos parties, i know whats's not spoken) is that they are carefully letting their prospective members know that the 1%MC runs the state (whatever state they my be in).
The rules and procedures are in place to protect said RC members from "being taught a lesson".

Read the paper. It basically says the MC of the state (here it's Bandidos) has final say of most things.
And if there is a problem, you go through your chapter officers so that they can speak with the MC officers and solve it.
You don't talk with a MCber or offer to shake his hand, he has to offer to you. That shows the hierarchy of the "clubs".

I'm on break.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
RoT Rally should be fun in a couple of weeks.
As someone who has been, I wouldn't go this year. The outlaw types are the minority, but they are very visible. Bandidos had a BIG ASS TENT with flags and the whole bit, you couldn't miss them.
Blue Bell Ag
AG
quote:
Just imagine if open carry was legal and these gang members were carrying guns inside the restaurant. Could have ended up a lot worse.
Dumb.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
Just drove by it. They have cops on the roof.

Crazy

Tactical or wood stocks?

Underrated
maverick2076
Kenneth_2003, would you mind shooting me an email to my username at yahoo? I've got a question for you that I would prefer not to ask on here, and I don't have PM's.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He wants to know what the frequency is.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Really underrated terrible joke right there
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Kenneth_2003, would you mind shooting me an email to my username at yahoo? I've got a question for you that I would prefer not to ask on here, and I don't have PM's.

We won't bite.
Puryear Playboy
AG
I am being told by a well placed friend of mine that 8 of those that died where shot by police, and that primarily patrol rifles were used.

As the fight spilled out into the parking lot and they were shooting at each other, LE started to shoot to stop them and then the MC'ers started to shoot at the cops. It was game over pretty quick after that.

Interesting read on the MC rules. There is also a fairly wild LE MC called the Iron Pigs. They get sideways with the others from time to time also from what I hear.
aggielostinETX
AG
Cover and superior firepower.
MookieBlaylock
AG
The three displayed are for sure cop kills

the four in the entry way not sure

It will be interesting to see of the hundreds of bullets how many where from the bikers

I suspect very few

This is just the start
maverick2076
quote:
Really underrated terrible joke right there
I laughed...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, wondering if entry way kills were by the guys in the parking lot, who were then put down by the popo.
MookieBlaylock
AG
The way the media is running with this and the ridiculous bail for 170 people it's like Waco is trying to justify something

No way do only 9 people die and 18 get hurt if 170 people are brawling

Puryear Playboy
AG
The politics and spin will be interesting to watch if it holds up that almost all that died where actually killed by LE gunfire.

It won't effect any of the prosecutions, but it will make the story even more interesting.
mts6175
AG
quote:
The way the media is running with this and the ridiculous bail for 170 people it's like Waco is trying to justify something

I'm not sure if what they are charging them with will stick on a lot of them. They were charged with engaging in organized crime linked to capital murder. I don't see how you can pin that on everyone. That's a lot of death penalties to prove.
LawCC
AG
I think it was done to get them off the street. That way there would be less chance of more killing. Also, most if not all the arrested had weapons and were wearing colors
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm not sure if what they are charging them with will stick on a lot of them. They were charged with engaging in organized crime linked to capital murder. I don't see how you can pin that on everyone. That's a lot of death penalties to prove.
They can say they're charging all of them with that, but they won't. Zero chance. Cops talk a huge game, then the DA comes in and gets more realistic (still not realistic, but more so than the cops).

Regardless, this will be interesting to watch unfold.
mts6175
AG
Agree. The only way to make it stick would be to spring the undercovers that are in the gangs at this point that know a lot more than we do....
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
the ones that were awake yesterday kept yelling and going on about this is only the beginning and all hell is going to break out over texas over this.....
If hell breaks out, I'd rather not be riding a vehicle that could be taken out by a PT Cruiser with a single jerk of a steering wheel.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
quote:
The CVMA Protocol is an interesting read... Confirms what I (and apparently others) have been told and adds even more.

CVMA Protocol
Wow. This is cult-like in the sense of "us vs them" etc. The sense of power that the MC's clearly have just pisses me off. Get over yourselves.
I read that "protocol". I couldn't help thinking that there wouldn't be 10% as much protocol for a meeting with the freaking Queen of England.

I get the respect thing, but what a bunch of pansies, that they can't take the slightest "disrespect" without going ballistic. Part of being a man is self control and shrugging off idiots.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
the ones that were awake yesterday kept yelling and going on about this is only the beginning and all hell is going to break out over texas over this.....
If hell breaks out, I'd rather not be riding a vehicle that could be taken out by a PT Cruiser with a single jerk of a steering wheel.
Post removed:
by user
techno-ag
AG
Well, it's Waco, after all.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.