New NCAA football video game updates?

83,693 Views | 955 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Thunder18
AgsMyDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BTHOthatguy said:

Ugh dynasty mode not working because servers are down.

Even offline dynasty?
NC2001
AG
Just started the download. How different are the controls? Did they stay the same, or are there any major changes?
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
NC2001 said:

Just started the download. How different are the controls? Did they stay the same, or are there any major changes?

I hadn't played a football game in probably 8 years until I started playing Madden about 10 days ago. I felt pretty comfortable. Things are mostly how I remembered them.
PatAg
AG
sellis2003 said:

Since they've broken away from NCAA licensing and are running directly through schools and players, in theory one would think both EA College Basketball and EA College Baseball would be completely doable!
all 12 people would buy ea college baseball
CAR96
AG
Game is tough. Im on varsity level and cant beat the computer. Cant pass or catch worth a damn.

Lost 2 online games and three computer games. Getting waxed.

Had 4-5 roughing the kicker on xtra points, can't punt more than about 20 yards.
Flashdiaz
AG
You're playing as A&M in the Fran era aren't you
Mr.Bond
AG
PatAg said:

sellis2003 said:

Since they've broken away from NCAA licensing and are running directly through schools and players, in theory one would think both EA College Basketball and EA College Baseball would be completely doable!
all 12 people would buy ea college baseball

Not remotely true but okie
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

All I do is Nguyen

Just did my first season in Road to glory and we finished surprisingly 8-4. With losses to LSU, tu, Auburn and miss state.

I am 2nd QB so I didn't play at all
Fleff
AG
I don't have time for all the upkeep of recruiting or upgrading a player, so what is the best mode if I just want to play a season of football?
gcracker13
AG
So I can't start an offline dynasty if the servers are down?
RAM700BA
AG
For those who have played Madden recently does it feel like a Madden reskin or does it feel different?
WES2006AG
AG
Just downloaded and played my first game. Kyle Field looks so good.
Broncos
Haven't been able to play yet but checked out the roster when it dropped at 3. RB room is going to be fun.
Leander - Ag
AG
Best place to buy? Any sale?
MW03
AG
If EA is right, our OLine needs help
jr15aggie
AG
I got the EA Play discount (via Gamepass Ult) when I bought the standard version, but it still says I'm too early to play the game.

So either early access with EA Play isn't a thing or it isn't a thing for people who only have EA play as a Gamepass perk. I'm not sure.
Thunder18
AG
Passing is tough, but man am I so happy to play this again
Alpine
AG
The background music during setup will drive a man insane.
Gomer95
AG
Pretty fun so far but how come we have all the real players but I can't use Coach Elko for the Dynasty? You have to use a fake coach or create one?
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
joshpettett
AG
CAR96 said:

Game is tough. Im on varsity level and cant beat the computer. Cant pass or catch worth a damn.

Lost 2 online games and three computer games. Getting waxed.

Had 4-5 roughing the kicker on xtra points, can't punt more than about 20 yards.

You need to click and hold the button. The swinging target is accuracy, then holding the button fills the power bar.
I had issues with kicking at first too
RingOfive
AG
Gomer95 said:

Pretty fun so far but how come we have all the real players but I can't use Coach Elko for the Dynasty? You have to use a fake coach or create one?

No actual coaches in the game. They're all generic.
jr15aggie
AG
jr15aggie said:

I got the EA Play discount (via Gamepass Ult) when I bought the standard version, but it still says I'm too early to play the game.

So either early access with EA Play isn't a thing or it isn't a thing for people who only have EA play as a Gamepass perk. I'm not sure.

Looks like the EA play access starts tomorrow.
joshpettett
AG
Started an offline dynasty.
For some reason they have us playing a red, white, and blue game against Notre Dame.
Also, the "standard broadcast" is Jesse Palmer and Rece Davis, and I was up with time running down in the 4th and got a pick six to grow my lead. The broadcaster, I can't remember which one it was, exclaimed "the team with the lead is throwing it for some reason, and the defense makes him pay! Why aren't they running the ball?!"

Made no sense and is a pretty bad error on coding the broadcast
Ranger222
AG
Controls for the read option are breaking my brain, with holding down the button now a QB keep instead of RB give

I wouldn't say it's Madden, but does feel too much arcade-y for me. Some things happen so fast at the line of scrimmage it's tough to get any reads on ends or follow blockers on counters. I'm sure it'll be something to get used to. Also a lot of long runs where I feel defenders could have caught up to the ball carrier - I'm guessing there is a speed threshold in the settings that will need adjusting
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
jr15aggie said:

jr15aggie said:

Looks like the EA play access starts tomorrow.

I've been playing all night on EA Play with the 10 hour trial.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
RAM700BA said:

For those who have played Madden recently does it feel like a Madden reskin or does it feel different?

Feels way different to me. Much more responsive. Also, my mistakes have felt more like my mistakes and less like super insane plays by every defender.
Thunder18
AG
Ranger222 said:

Controls for the read option are breaking my brain, with holding down the button now a QB keep instead of RB give

I wouldn't say it's Madden, but does feel too much arcade-y for me. Some things happen so fast at the line of scrimmage it's tough to get any reads on ends or follow blockers on counters. I'm sure it'll be something to get used to. Also a lot of long runs where I feel defenders could have caught up to the ball carrier - I'm guessing there is a speed threshold in the settings that will need adjusting

Read option is going to take some getting used to
MW03
AG
Every safety and corner needs a WR spot. ****ers don't miss a thing
All I do is Nguyen
I hate how the receiver buttons change play to play. I threw a pick six thinking I was throwing to B (Xbox) when it went to what is typically the X receiver
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Excited to play this when I get home from work in an hour or so.
jr15aggie
AG
The game is still saying I can't play yet even though I have EA Play via Gamepass. Figures.
ExPLK
AG
Fleff said:

I don't have time for all the upkeep of recruiting or upgrading a player, so what is the best mode if I just want to play a season of football?

You can play dynasty. Just set your settings to auto recruit and advance the week when you finish each game.
Richierich2323
The game is really fun but as others have stated passing is really hard to start with if you have not played in a bit. In my A&M dynasty, it was my defense (sim controlled as I am the OC in my dynasty) and running the ball that really helped me open up the passing game.

A&M's playbook in the game is very generic so I moved to the spread offense and that has helped a lot. I have noticed that if a team is in cover 1 or cover 0. The deep ball is way overpowered but not so much for A&M because we don't have any truly speed WR in our starting line up.

The lack of a mass sub system sucks and for some reason Smith gets more carries for me in the game than anyone else on my roster but he is killing it.

What helped me the most offensively and defensively was going to ultimate team and playing the challenges. They go through everything. The read game is the hardest as that has switched from what it was in the past.

On defense, I always have at least a cover 2 on and notice the defense is better. If I play cover 1 or 0 I get smoked unless I am heavy blitzing and get through the line which is hard against the better teams.

The game is really fun. I stayed up until 2 am last night and already up at 7am to play some more! Have the kids going to friends houses today and no work to do so it should be a full day of football!
AgShaun00
AG
A&M default playbooks are terrible. I am starting the process of a custom playbook but the playbooks are so much more complicated and more options. Gonna be fun.
wangus12
AG
My brother just realized it's not on PC. Devastated lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.