New NCAA football video game updates?

81,022 Views | 949 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by AggieKatie2
Earley Bird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't heard anything since it got delayed until summer 2024. Any updates?
bluefire579
AG
I would guess you're not going to hear anything for a while. I would predict an initial trailer or something around playoff time, with marketing starting to appear as spring games and NFL draft roll around with probably a July release when all is said and done.
ExPLK
AG
I participate in the EA Beta Program. I asked about this as NCAA is my favorite game of all time. They said it was still moving forward but refrained from providing any details beyond that. They did encourage me to continue signing up for some of their PlayTests and said that I might be able to contribute to the development with feedback in the months ahead. So, I guess that is a good sign...
superunknown
AG
EA has a job opening on LinkedIn right now.
bluefire579
AG
bluefire579 said:

I would guess you're not going to hear anything for a while. I would predict an initial trailer or something around playoff time, with marketing starting to appear as spring games and NFL draft roll around with probably a July release when all is said and done.
Fenrir
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Ags at the one minute mark.

SF2004
AG
Please be on PC like Madden
tk for tu juan
Youtube version:
hph6203
AG
We made the big time!
HossAg
AG
SF2004 said:

Thought they already confirmed console only
powerbelly
AG
HossAg said:

SF2004 said:

Thought they already confirmed console only
It's unknown if it will release on PC. It is only confirmed for latest version of PS and XBOX and not older consoles.
CAR96
AG
Why does our jersey not have any sleeves?
jr15aggie
AG
Madden got way too complicated for me over the years. I don't want to spend 2+ hours running all these drills just to learn how to play a football game. They lost sight of the fact that many of us today still have a blast playing Tecmo Bowl or NFL Blitz.

Simplify the controls and just make a really good playing football game and I'm in!
tk for tu juan
Just think of all the hours we will have to spend convincing players to not transfer while still recruiting high school kids
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I'm so ready for this to come out. And I'm hopeful they actually put effort into this unlike Madden
boy09
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I'm so ready for this to come out. And I'm hopeful they actually put effort into this unlike Madden
It's EA, of course they're not going to put effort into it.
Teslag
AG
jr15aggie said:

Madden got way too complicated for me over the years. I don't want to spend 2+ hours running all these drills just to learn how to play a football game. They lost sight of the fact that many of us today still have a blast playing Tecmo Bowl or NFL Blitz.

Simplify the controls and just make a really good playing football game and I'm in!

The simplified control option will be sold as a micro transaction
ExPLK
AG
I can see you paying a micro transaction to keep a top player from leaving for another schools for NIL money. EA gonna capitalize off of this. Watch.
Gomer95
AG
I cannot wait for this game and while yes it is EA, I expect them to put more effort at least into this first version of college football than the rehashed Madden. Even back in the day Madden wasn't nearly as fun gameplay as NCAA football and I expect the same here.

I really hope this game being made leads to a college basketball game as well and MAYBE even at least one college baseball game although I seriously doubt it (although they did it twice for PS2).
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
Quincey P. Morris
AG
As I recall the College Baseball one sold really poorly. Only made it one year on Xbox and two on PS2. Of course it was also a pretty half assed effort. I think they only included like 12 stadiums.
Gomer95
AG
Yeah that's why I'm hoping for just one but don't ever expect it to happen. Today's kids for sure don't care about college baseball, that's just for all us olds lol.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I keep meaning to create the Aggies in MLB the Show. I downloaded an Olsen Field that's pretty close given what they had to work with.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I'd love a college baseball video game

Better yet, MLB The Show^ should build it in as it is pretty niche
wangus12
AG
I had the baseball game.
heddleston
AG
EA owns the Super Mega Baseball franchise, maybe they'd add college into the next iteration of that? But yeah I'm gonna hold onto my PS2 emulator and copy of NCAA NEXT until I see what this game ends up being like.
Leander - Ag
AG
I need to get a ps5 to play ncaa. Do they ever go on sale or am I just paying $450?
Gomer95
AG
They don't ever go on sale BUT you might be able to buy a bundle when NCAA comes out that includes the game. I'm not sure. But no they never go on sale. Ridiculous but here we are.
Leander - Ag
AG
Gomer95 said:

They don't ever go on sale BUT you might be able to buy a bundle when NCAA comes out that includes the game. I'm not sure. But no they never go on sale. Ridiculous but here we are.

Thanks. Do they ever bundle madden?
ac04
cover art

screenshot

PatAg
AG
Give us the release date you cowards!
wangus12
AG
How did a couple of straight average players make the cover like that
jeffk
AG
Pandering to big fanbases
chilidogfood
AG
wangus12 said:

How did a couple of straight average players make the cover like that
Good. Hopefully they get the curse too.
texasaggie2015
AG
Hate to break it to you, but Ewers (and the others for that matter) is far from an average player.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.