Student Section at tu, and Cornyn

68,387 Views | 1212 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Zobel
deddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EclipseAg said:

shiftyandquick said:

EclipseAg said:

Seriously, if you can look around your neighborhood and greater community and not see an overwhelming number of foreigners, you should really stay out of these discussions.

I deal with it every day and it's beyond frustrating. My beliefs and opinions about immigration are 100 percent colored by my real-world interactions with people who can't speak English and don't understand or share basic Western culture and mores.

If your local stores and restaurants haven't shifted to cater to a majority immigrant population; if people on your street still put out American flags and celebrate Christmas; if you've never stood in frustration and anger in a long line at the pharmacy listening to the Indian customer arguing with the Chinese pharmacist, both speaking broken English; if seeing a white kid out in public doesn't make you do a double-take ...

... then you probably should step back.



Have you no shame? Were you always this way? Or did something happen to make you this way?



Did you not read my post?

Based on the posters history, almost certainly no.
VaultingChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
annie88 said:

I think looking at the picture and knowing nothing else, then concluding there is a problem, is racist.

That's a fair statement.

But since the HB-1 thing, and again, I have not been paying much attention to it, has been creeping up in the news for the past few years. I don't think it's a completely bizarre connection though.

Honestly, by the picture, and considering how students get their tickets at each school, I'm curious as to how so many were in one section. I don't know how the sips do their student pull. But I would've expected the section to be more diverse with all sorts of races. Wouldn't you?

I mean, did they pull in a group?

A liitle information about student tickets for tu home football games……..
https://texaslonghorns.com/sports/2026/4/6/the-big-ticket-the-ticket-option-for-ut-students

Students can't pull in a group.

There are only 11,300 seats allotted to students for tu home football games, while about 22,000 students purchase the option to claim a football ticket.

In addition, if students purchase a longhorn foundation student membership for an additional $140, they can claim tickets one day earlier than other students. However, they had to have purchased the Big Ticket with football access for $270 before July 31!

The student longhorn foundation add-ons are limited to the first 6000 students, starting on Aug. 11.

Realistically, over half of the student section could be allocated by longhorn foundation student members.

it does seem strange how that many similar students could claim tickets in the same area. Did they get help from an insider, particularly for such a prominent game?
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
we are being lectured by a bunch of libs who are voting for this racist, POS demon:

deddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Logos Stick said:

we are being lectured by a bunch of libs who are voting for this racist, POS demon:



To be fair,
He is ok with white kids being killed in the womb too, not just black ones, even though that is overwhelmingly the case. See? He's not racist.
aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Logos Stick said:

we are being lectured by a bunch of libs who are voting for this racist, POS demon:



This. I didn't like French's post mainly because it is addressing the Top 5/10% rule in the wrong way and definitely in the wrong place (a pic of a football game with kids having a good time and wearing cowboy hats). However almost every person raging about this on social media has no problem bashing white men or celebrating minorities or women having their own organizations or successes. Telling people they aren't supposed to notice and they are a racist for noticing change isn't constructive either.

Also, if you are celebrating this you should just accept it when your kid doesn't get into A&M or Texas because of Top 5/10% and you didn't have them go to Kumon starting in Kinder and give up sports so you could make sure they would have that class rank. Don't complain about how being an alumni actually works against you because your kids aren't first gen. Realize the world you had is going to be much, much harder for your kids to maintain any balance growing up if you want them to go to school at A&M or Texas. Don't complain when your exceptionally bright kid has to compete with a group of Asian kids that share homework and test answers among themselves who don't see that as morally wrong. Don't complain when you listen to college counselor podcasts and they gush about how amazing the essays are from an Asian kid who talks about making dinner with their parents but snidely grown at "another" essay about a kid who got hurt playing football or going on a mission trip.

BTW, my boys did fine but I also wasn't blind to the obstacles put in front of them. I wasn't blind to it. I don't want special privileges for my kids but I also don't think other kids should get them either. I'm really tired of being told I can't say what is obvious and true because someone else doesn't like it when they have no qualms about doing the same to me. More importantly I don't want to have a lot of angry kids who feel like the system is rigged against them growing up and seeing how they don't have the opportunities we had because it felt better to give them to others or it was too uncomfortable to speak honestly.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
InternetFan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
VaultingChemist said:

annie88 said:

I think looking at the picture and knowing nothing else, then concluding there is a problem, is racist.

That's a fair statement.

But since the HB-1 thing, and again, I have not been paying much attention to it, has been creeping up in the news for the past few years. I don't think it's a completely bizarre connection though.

Honestly, by the picture, and considering how students get their tickets at each school, I'm curious as to how so many were in one section. I don't know how the sips do their student pull. But I would've expected the section to be more diverse with all sorts of races. Wouldn't you?

I mean, did they pull in a group?

A liitle information about student tickets for tu home football games……..
https://texaslonghorns.com/sports/2026/4/6/the-big-ticket-the-ticket-option-for-ut-students

Students can't pull in a group.

There are only 11,300 seats allotted to students for tu home football games, while about 22,000 students purchase the option to claim a football ticket.

In addition, if students purchase a longhorn foundation student membership for an additional $140, they can claim tickets one day earlier than other students. However, they had to have purchased the Big Ticket with football access for $270 before July 31!

The student longhorn foundation add-ons are limited to the first 6000 students, starting on Aug. 11.

Realistically, over half of the student section could be allocated by longhorn foundation student members.

it does seem strange how that many similar students could claim tickets in the same area. Did they get help from an insider, particularly for such a prominent game?
students have general admission seating. Not sure why - I think they had low student attendance in the past and this is a perceived solution?
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It does seem strange how that many similar students could claim tickets in the same area.

Did they get help from an insider, particularly for such a prominent game?

I think asking this question is legit. It just seems odd. There's so many concentrated in one section. But according to some people, if you even ask the question it's racist.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
deddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
annie88 said:

It does seem strange how that many similar students could claim tickets in the same area.

Did they get help from an insider, particularly for such a prominent game?

I think asking this question is legit. It just seems odd. There's so many concentrated in one section. But according to some people, if you even ask the question it's racist.

How do frats and sororities get their tickets? I'm sure they pull together. From my completely anecdotal experience, tu does a lot better at getting international students at their games than A&M does. They might be making a consolidated effort - they need to because the demographics don't quite favor them in the long term. Meaning if oyu get a bunch of Asian student as alumni, and they have no interest in football, its going to hurt them financially.
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mean we're supposed to pretend that the reason there's a bunch of Indian students isn't because their parents were recently imported to provide cheaper payroll expense for employers in this state, and they figured out how to game the application process for a state university

No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BadAggie said:

I mean we're supposed to pretend that the reason there's a bunch of Indian students isn't because their parents were recently imported to provide cheaper payroll expense for employers in this state, and they figured out how to game the application process for a state university



So then the anger/frustrations should be aimed at the cause of the problem, the Tech Bros who brought them over here because they wanted cheap labor, right?

I mean, being upset at the kids who had nothing to do with their parents bringing them here seems a bit odd, doesn't it?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
VaultingChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
annie88 said:

It does seem strange how that many similar students could claim tickets in the same area.

Did they get help from an insider, particularly for such a prominent game?

I think asking this question is legit. It just seems odd. There's so many concentrated in one section. But according to some people, if you even ask the question it's racist.

From Reddit:

Quote:

Q: 5 of my friends and I (6 of us total) waited in the queue and only one of us got it - how is this possible?
How are we supposed to get a ticket then?

R: Next time use multiple screens, I am afraid that is the only one way to do it. It is a sh*t system, no way around it

R: Yeah different devices or better yet, one normal tab one incognito tab one chrome tab one incognito chrome tab. Then rinse and repeat on your phone your ipad your laptop, etc. My junior year we played UGA at home and PCL was filled with people using the desktops to have as many screens as possible. One guy next to me had 32 different windows open.

If you and your friends are computer nerds, it appears that you can game the system. Especially if you are working as a group. But student seating is still general admission.
Ag CPA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
InternetFan02 said:

VaultingChemist said:

annie88 said:

I think looking at the picture and knowing nothing else, then concluding there is a problem, is racist.

That's a fair statement.

But since the HB-1 thing, and again, I have not been paying much attention to it, has been creeping up in the news for the past few years. I don't think it's a completely bizarre connection though.

Honestly, by the picture, and considering how students get their tickets at each school, I'm curious as to how so many were in one section. I don't know how the sips do their student pull. But I would've expected the section to be more diverse with all sorts of races. Wouldn't you?

I mean, did they pull in a group?

A liitle information about student tickets for tu home football games……..
https://texaslonghorns.com/sports/2026/4/6/the-big-ticket-the-ticket-option-for-ut-students

Students can't pull in a group.

There are only 11,300 seats allotted to students for tu home football games, while about 22,000 students purchase the option to claim a football ticket.

In addition, if students purchase a longhorn foundation student membership for an additional $140, they can claim tickets one day earlier than other students. However, they had to have purchased the Big Ticket with football access for $270 before July 31!

The student longhorn foundation add-ons are limited to the first 6000 students, starting on Aug. 11.

Realistically, over half of the student section could be allocated by longhorn foundation student members.

it does seem strange how that many similar students could claim tickets in the same area. Did they get help from an insider, particularly for such a prominent game?

students have general admission seating. Not sure why - I think they had low student attendance in the past and this is a perceived solution?

I think that most (if not all?) of the other SEC schools have GA or open "block" seating for students; A&M is unique that we still have ticket pulls for assigned seats.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sara Gonzales supports "my friend" Bo French.

She is mixing two issues. H1B is a legitimate issue ruining the culture of TX and the country. But here she is complaining because she saw brown people in the crowd. She claims "born and raised in Texas", so may be these kids in the UT video. They did seem to be US born/raised to me but I have no evidence.

annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, remember, it's not racist if it's against whites.

That's what we've been told by the Democrats.

And some Republicans.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
infinity ag said:

Sara Gonzales supports "my friend" Bo French.

She is mixing two issues. H1B is a legitimate issue ruining the culture of TX and the country. But here she is complaining because she saw brown people in the crowd. She claims "born and raised in Texas", so may be these kids in the UT video. They did seem to be US born/raised to me but I have no evidence.



If she's offended by spilled milk, she's not going to like the Indy 500.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
torrid said:

infinity ag said:

Sara Gonzales supports "my friend" Bo French.

She is mixing two issues. H1B is a legitimate issue ruining the culture of TX and the country. But here she is complaining because she saw brown people in the crowd. She claims "born and raised in Texas", so may be these kids in the UT video. They did seem to be US born/raised to me but I have no evidence.



If she's offended by spilled milk, she's not going to like the Indy 500.


I like her H1B mission but she goes off on some tangents of how people eat with their fingers and how she finds it "disgusting" and people's accents, their religious beliefs and clothing.
That makes me wonder if she is just using H1B as a lead in for other reasons and she just wants to stay relevant for views.

If she hates non-white people (citizen or not), she should be honest and say so. Her stand seems to be ambiguous.
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How did blatant racism become an acceptable starting point for a discussion on H-1B?
BTKAG97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dumb post by French. ******* post by Cornyn.
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BTKAG97 said:

Dumb post by French. ******* post by Cornyn.

What did Cornyn say that was wrong?
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
torrid said:

BTKAG97 said:

Dumb post by French. ******* post by Cornyn.

What did Cornyn say that was wrong?

"I know how to make great brisket!"
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigRobSA said:

torrid said:

BTKAG97 said:

Dumb post by French. ******* post by Cornyn.

What did Cornyn say that was wrong?

"I know how to make great brisket!"

Bo French should eat some of Cornyn's brisket.
bobbranco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
torrid said:

BTKAG97 said:

Dumb post by French. ******* post by Cornyn.

What did Cornyn say that was wrong?


Vote for me I'm a conservative.
angus55
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bo French is a straight up moron. That was a stupid thing to post as a person running for office. But given my experience with him, that's par for the course.
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
Backyard Gator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
angus55 said:

Bo French is a straight up moron. That was a stupid thing to post as a person running for office. But given my experience with him, that's par for the course.

Probably why he's banned from Rivercrest Country Club iykyk
pacecar02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bo stated it poorly

I want our institutions and government working for Americans first, and that includes those that have immigrated legally.

In the recent past I think allowances have been to with all different forms of immigrations that have been a detriment to the American population

non native speakers forcing ESL education in public schools
scamming of welfare
scamming of medicaid
foreigners being given preferred access to all forms of welfare, social programs, financial aid, and education

Whatever our make up is, I want them all to have their slice of the American dream before it is offered up to guest.

I want unemployment under 3 percent and maximum number of work force participation before we bring in additional workers

Until businesses are recruiting kids at the high school level telling them what to study and what they need from them, I don't believe they are really hungry for additional workers. I want to see them offering to train workers.


They just want to exploit the system to circumvent our native work force(and that includes all races that comprise our current population)
Its Texas Aggies, dammit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe French got what he wanted out of that post. I had never heard of him before this thing blew up.

redcrayon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Old McDonald
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pacecar02 said:

Bo stated it poorly

I want our institutions and government working for Americans first, and that includes those that have immigrated legally.

In the recent past I think allowances have been to with all different forms of immigrations that have been a detriment to the American population

non native speakers forcing ESL education in public schools
scamming of welfare
scamming of medicaid
foreigners being given preferred access to all forms of welfare, social programs, financial aid, and education

Whatever our make up is, I want them all to have their slice of the American dream before it is offered up to guest.

I want unemployment under 3 percent and maximum number of work force participation before we bring in additional workers

Until businesses are recruiting kids at the high school level telling them what to study and what they need from them, I don't believe they are really hungry for additional workers. I want to see them offering to train workers.


They just want to exploit the system to circumvent our native work force(and that includes all races that comprise our current population)
he stated it exactly as he meant to. racist as it was, it was actually pretty tame compared to some of the other stuff he says regularly.
ATX_AG_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a *****.

japantiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If all these Indians being here are so good for America, think about how good they could be to their native land.

I think we should help these folks that obviously have benefitted from the US H1B program and a US education to go back to their homeland and actually figure out how to elevate the Indian standard of living...

pacecar02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I knew I disliked him for more than his brisket
Bull Meachem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
japantiger said:

If all these Indians being here are so good for America, think about how good they could be to their native land.

I think we should help these folks that obviously have benefitted from the US H1B program and a US education to go back to their homeland and actually figure out how to elevate the Indian standard of living...




If they're born in the U.S., this is their homeland.
Pacifico
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any comment from New Mexico native and Dinesh D'Souza son-in-law MAGA Brandon Gill on this issue?
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bull Meachem said:

japantiger said:

If all these Indians being here are so good for America, think about how good they could be to their native land.

I think we should help these folks that obviously have benefitted from the US H1B program and a US education to go back to their homeland and actually figure out how to elevate the Indian standard of living...




If they're born in the U.S., this is their homeland.


Yep. They're as American as any one of us are.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Aggie Apotheosis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NightHawk150 said:

I wasn't originally gonna post this, but cause it feels too racist to do so (and I'm one of the brownies, Mexican kind), but then I saw Cornyn opine, and wanted to get y'all's thoughts.

So, tu posted their hype vid after the win yesterday…


And sure enough, this is their student section:


Like, we all know how it feels like Texas is getting overrun at an alarming rate. And I say overrun because when large swath of people come from another country, a different culture, and don't assimilate into our established culture, customs, and traditions, well, issues arise.



This is literally a photo of Texans who have assimilated into our established culture. The only reason you say issues arise is because you're creating them.

I'm glad A&M and tu are meritocracies. Let the best students win.

 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.