Student Section at tu, and Cornyn

67,194 Views | 1212 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Zobel
TAMU1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie Apotheosis said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Always cute watching Democrats sling the word racism. Have any of you studied American history and the Republican Party? Keep it up though, I'm sure you look smart to your friends.



Bo French is the subject of this thread. Bo French is a Republican. This is here, right now, in the present moment. What the Republicans were during the time of Abraham Lincoln is not relevant to that.

Again: abhorrent. His words and his views should be condemned by all Aggies.

Also, there's the fact that Rosenthal, irrespective of party, is a much better candidate than French.

Absolutely not. The guy just wore a protect trans kids MASK. He has a mental illness because he is still wearing masks.
Sweep4-2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I respect what all of our ancestors have done, and it's nice that people enjoy learning about their ancestors if that's the hobby they want to have.

But it often comes across, to me anyway, as the adult version of "oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad" from the kindergarten playground days.
Consistency: It's only a virtue if you're not a screw-up.
Spergin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hardcore Greg said:

ttu_85 said:

Hardcore Greg said:

CDUB98 said:

ChrisTAMU said:

All of the suicidal empathy in this thread is pathetic. Unfortunately, we'll reap what we've sown and it'll be too late.


Yup.

Most, if not all, of these suicidal empathetic Marxists have zero clue how racist others countries, and their offloaded immigrants, really are.

It won't dawn on them until their own children or themselves can't get a job, because it is in no way about meritocracy with them, it's about what tribe to which you belong.

Yep, we better hope Indians/Asians will be as nice and "color blind" as we have been in the admissions and hiring processes in the future. I have concerns that tribalism will win out tho.

We are already seeing this and at troubling levels. Its already a problem but dont tell the lefty sunshine pumpers know that.

Will be interesting to see how jaded white Gen Z males eventually repond. Between racial groups and females discriminating against them in the hiring process, significantly limiting their opportunities.

A simple "thank you" would have done, but instead, these groups will almost certainly actively seek to suppress their opportunities. Maybe not out of malice for whites, but out of undying love and preference for members of their own race.

Crazy to think about. Especially when you consider which demographic owns by far the most firearms. Not at all advocating for any type of violence...it just makes it even crazier to think about.


Gen Z white men are racist on the whole. Nick Fuentes is the number one social media personality they follow. Most older generations including mine, have no idea just how angry they are as a whole.

I include white hispanics in this group too because both of these groups generally align politically among Gen Z.
Spergin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Queso1 said:

Vessel said:

infinity ag said:

fc2112 said:

infinity ag said:

I think those kids in the pic were children of H1Bs born in the US. Hence US citizens like you and I.




Yes it is. It is also debatable that they are foreigners. That exactly is my point.
If they were white-skinned, this would not be an issue.

Correct. This is a was awhite country.

A random German living in Germany right now has infinitely more in common with an American than a random Indian living in America.


FIFY.

For the record, I have no issue with people of different ethnicities and nations immigrating. However, I have an issue when it disproportionately changes the ethnic makeup of our nation. Even JFK supported certain quotas. What's infuriating is when you realize this is an intentional move to wholesale change the demographics with intention of causing division and demoralization.


Hart Celler accomplished its goal. This is always what they wanted to happen.
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bull Meachem said:

Sweep4-2 said:

When my son applied to college, I didn't tell him to talk about how long ago his ancestors had come to the US if that's what you mean.

I expected him to be treated the same as all other applicants. Does that help?

And yes, I laugh at all of the ancestry.com. and at anyone who acts like their ancestry determines what they deserve in life.


I've always thought the "love" towards ancestors is a little silly. We can appreciate what some of them did but I don't have to defend or care about what they believed. They evolved beyond their ancestors and so do we.


Yet you lefties believe people should pay for the "sins" of their ancestors.

There is also no basis to believe we have evolved beyond our ancestors. The fact that half the population believes that men can get pregnant screams otherwise.
AxelFoley85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have you ever told your wife that?
Zobel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This isnt the same thing though. Your assertion here is that your ancestry doesn't matter at all.

But that's clearly not true - your children's ancestry matters a great deal to you.

From that we can assume that your nieces and nephews matter less than your kids, but more than a stranger. And so on and so on, in an expanding web of relationships and obligations.

Your obligation to your offspring, and those of your children and their wellbeing is greater than to the offspring of people in India.

Our founders knew this, and made a country explicitly for themselves "and their posterity". Who do you think that is? Why would you arbitrarily reject this kind of framework? Why disinherit your kids when our American ancestors didn't disinherit us?
bubblesthechimp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
why the **** would i care about what mask the railroad commissioner wears

can he commission railroads? if we wanna talk about a meritocracy let's talk about it.

it's trains not trans
Backyard Gator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bubblesthechimp said:

why the **** would i care about what mask the railroad commissioner wears

can he commission railroads? if we wanna talk about a meritocracy let's talk about it.

it's trains not trans

People (excluding immunocompromised) who still wear masks these days are mentally ill.
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Backyard Gator said:

bubblesthechimp said:

why the **** would i care about what mask the railroad commissioner wears

can he commission railroads? if we wanna talk about a meritocracy let's talk about it.

it's trains not trans

People (excluding immunocompromised) who still wear masks these days are mentally ill.

Same thing about people who espouse racism.
shiftyandquick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bo French created millions and millions of dollars of organically-created anti-Bo anti-MAGA anti-GOP content all over the internet. From what I can tell, a very small percentage of it is pro-Bo content, but it's hard for me to say for certain given that the algorithm feeds me more anti-MAGA stuff. Another thing that helps give momentum to a blue wave in November.

Maybe some of you MAGA guys can comment on whether your perception is the opposite. That you have seen a flood of support for Bo's view. Regardless, I think Bo's move here really does elevate him in the MAGAsphere.. He has gone from a nobody to now a "fearless truthteller." He will be platformed and podiumed in MAGA as a result of this down the line. Even if he loses what should have been a slamdunk win for Railroad Commissioner.
Sweep4-2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zobel said:

This isnt the same thing though. Your assertion here is that your ancestry doesn't matter at all.

But that's clearly not true - your children's ancestry matters a great deal to you.

From that we can assume that your nieces and nephews matter less than your kids, but more than a stranger. And so on and so on, in an expanding web of relationships and obligations.

Your obligation to your offspring, and those of your children and their wellbeing is greater than to the offspring of people in India.

Our founders knew this, and made a country explicitly for themselves "and their posterity". Who do you think that is? Why would you arbitrarily reject this kind of framework? Why disinherit your kids when our American ancestors didn't disinherit us?


I don't really understand any of the comments relating to ancestry. But don't spend any time clarifying, it's not needed.

We have obviously lived very different lives and experienced vastly different interactions with immigrants and their descendants. So you've got your opinion and I've got mine, and we're not gonna change each other's mind's.

I do think immigration needs to be managed, and I think the US does have an obligation to US citizens over others. But I'm also disappointed that so many people view their fellow citizens as "not American enough" based purely on where their long-dead ancestors may have once lived decades and decades ago.
Consistency: It's only a virtue if you're not a screw-up.
japantiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PascalsWager said:

japantiger said:

Indian population in the US has doubled since 2010 (census data)...it is roughly 2/3 immigrant (which is H1B driven) vs 1/3 native born. H1B is driving the rapid increase in the Indian population.

Fraud in the H1B program has been rampant. The whole system had to be redesigned and was not changed until 2024; and then had to be redesigned again in 2025. No one debates the existence of large-scale staffing-firms and lottery fraud/abuse from India; they just haggle over the percentage. Auditing stopped back in 2008 when the best audit numbers had it at 21%; vs consular officers pegging it at 90%. It's convenient that they stopped auditing it isn't it. Also keep in mind, H1B was supposed to be for talent that cannot be had in the US organically...not run of the mill IT jobs.

College entrance testing fraud - well, India is the world champ on forged documents related to college entrance. Millions of cases each year are caught inside India; it's institutional. If not caught and prosecuted in India (most are not prosecuted), then India is #4 in terms of cases of documented SAT fraud (behind China, Nigeria, S Korea). There are millions trying to get into US colleges from India, much larger than any other country.

Now, taking all these factors into account, seeing a disproportionate representation it seems only natural to ask the question; how did this happen?

Is it racist to point out that the most likely route for these "students" was 1) institutional, at scale, visa fraud by their parents; and 2) their resulting birth-right citizenship. Is it racist to ask if their test scores are valid, when the majority of Indian test scores are not valid at the institutional level (millions each year caught in India before even getting to the US)? I don't personally find asking these questions racist. They're certainly smoke. They're just questions.

See, this is what happens when you open US "formerly high trust" institutions to places that have no experience with that type of system. Cheating the institution is a cultural norm in China, India, etc. Rules bind the other guy; not me and my clan. Getting caught is a cost of doing business; not a career ender. The rules are simply an obstacle. There's quite a lot of academic work on this by the way (and we know academia isn't racist don't we?); in addition to the personal experiences of anyone that has actually lived or worked in those environments. I never imagined some of the controls that were required in my businesses in those markets vs the US.






Only 3% of undergrads are international students. It is EXTREMELY difficult to get into an American University and almost impossible to get into a professional school.

So all the cheating and forgeries are happening for (non-professional) graduate schooling. NONE of the people in the original picture are from that group.

What is the physical mechanism by which an American born student could cheat on the SAT or MCAT or USMLE or Internal Medicine Board Exam? Have you ever been to a Prometric or Pearson testing center?

There is a long list of things the College Board and EST look for. But the first thing I would test for in those areas where the majority of the test takers are Indian/Indian descent; are the test administrators and gate keepers of the same caste as the test takers. If so, you can probably throw those scores out. The likelihood that something improper hasn't gone on is remote.
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was driving all day yesterday and listened to a few podcasts taking both sides on it.

I'll start off and say that what Bo French posted is incredibly stupid and a giant unnecessary own-goal.

After hearing "racism" "ancestors" "blood and soil" all day, I think that I tend to side with Bo's intention as it's not necessarily a good thing, albeit, never would have said it that way.

almost 1/3 of tU's undergrads are Asian when they only account for about 6% of the population. i'm certain several of the people pictured are first or second generation Texans here legally and most likely are top 10% with the grades to get into Texas.

But I would wager that the almost half, if not majority of the people pictured, are the children of H1Bs brought into North Dallas or Austin to replace an American job. As somebody who works in the tech sector, I can assure you that there are plenty of intelligent ones, and plenty that are below your average white, black, or hispanic technologist. They aren't better as a whole, American companies just decided to save money and then they let entire support teams use chain migration to take over entire sectors. One product I support 10 years ago was entirely English first language support and was renowned for being amazing. About 8 years ago they brought in an Indian to take over the support team and viola, support is now miserable and there are hundreds of Indians and Asians that now report to the Plano office.

So, for a random mythical person, if you grew up in Plano or Frisco, there's a high probability that your parents were replaced with an immigrant who proceeded to get a job that an American could have done just fine in. They also now have to build houses and schools to support the hundreds or thousands of these instances that have happened. Now your parents who have lived in that area their entire life are having to compete with a new people that haven't gone to the schools or paid the taxes in an area for jobs, homes, schools, etc.

That being said, most Indian/Asian immigrants also bring a valid work ethic which is why they are getting in on the top 10% rule.

Also one of the issues I've seen as per the guy who posted about his kid not getting in with a 4.5, is that I know an instance of a girl, who was involved in sports and clubs and got salutatorian by a few points to an Indian kid who didn't do any extracurriculars and took half his classes online and came in JH. She's fine and got into A&M and I'm sure that the valedictorian is doing well wherever he went, but it was always a bit of irritation that "sure he got the best grades, but he was barely there and did nothing but go to class."

That's obviously not entirely true everywhere. One of my friends at church is a 2nd or 3rd generation Indian and his son is one of the best receivers on a 5A team and incredibly involved in Church and community.

So now, the above mythical Texans and their children who have maybe been living here for 100+ years and paying into the funds of all our state schools are losing spots to people that showed up 5 years ago, got a nice spot and crammed their whole life into being the valedictorian of Frisco HS.

Saying it the way French did DOES have a hint of racism and was stupid, but it's honestly pent up rage.

Every Indian kid in that video is not the exact instance of a dad losing his job or an job opportunity to an H1B, then their kid losing top 10% to the H1B's kid, and the H1B's kid taking a spot from them at Texas, but I think when a lot of people see that picture, it's the story that's painted in their mind.

TL;DR: French's post was stupid, but I think the anger and frustration behind the post is not a completely invalid grievance.
Zobel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This has nothing to do with immigrants, though. That's downstream.

For example, if you meet an absolutely incredible kid - absolutely smokes yours in ever way. If its a boy, hes smarter, more athletic, better looking, stronger, more assertive, more humble than your son. Just a killer. If its a girl, shes smarter, more beautiful, sweeter graceful, supportive, whatever than your daughter. Just the best.

You don't say "hey meritocracy, son you been REPLACED". Of course not! You say, regardless of other peoples kids, we have a unique and special relationship because you are my son, which is objective.

Your parents had that relationship with you, and your grandparents, etc. And the other way, you have obligations toward your children and their children.

You have to understand that first. Then you can struggle up to the level of saying, because I have these blessings bestowed on me because of the blood sweat and tears of my ancestors who loved me through their children, and because I love my descendants through MY children, how should I relate to my nation and the world?

This is really where the gap is.

(PS I am a first generation American on one side!)
bubblesthechimp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
so it's only grandparents and older who matter?

because a lot of these kids are probably here based on the blood sweat and tears of their ancestors who happened to be the first off the boat

what if the great great grandparents came here and cultivated the land or whatever you want but they are flaming libs are they still good in yalls book
shiftyandquick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
c-jags said:

I was driving all day yesterday and listened to a few podcasts taking both sides on it.

I'll start off and say that what Bo French posted is incredibly stupid and a giant unnecessary own-goal.

After hearing "racism" "ancestors" "blood and soil" all day, I think that I tend to side with Bo's intention as it's not necessarily a good thing, albeit, never would have said it that way.

almost 1/3 of tU's undergrads are Asian when they only account for about 6% of the population. i'm certain several of the people pictured are first or second generation Texans here legally and most likely are top 10% with the grades to get into Texas.

But I would wager that the almost half, if not majority of the people pictured, are the children of H1Bs brought into North Dallas or Austin to replace an American job. As somebody who works in the tech sector, I can assure you that there are plenty of intelligent ones, and plenty that are below your average white, black, or hispanic technologist. They aren't better as a whole, American companies just decided to save money and then they let entire support teams use chain migration to take over entire sectors. One product I support 10 years ago was entirely English first language support and was renowned for being amazing. About 8 years ago they brought in an Indian to take over the support team and viola, support is now miserable and there are hundreds of Indians and Asians that now report to the Plano office.

So, for a random mythical person, if you grew up in Plano or Frisco, there's a high probability that your parents were replaced with an immigrant who proceeded to get a job that an American could have done just fine in. They also now have to build houses and schools to support the hundreds or thousands of these instances that have happened. Now your parents who have lived in that area their entire life are having to compete with a new people that haven't gone to the schools or paid the taxes in an area for jobs, homes, schools, etc.

That being said, most Indian/Asian immigrants also bring a valid work ethic which is why they are getting in on the top 10% rule.

Also one of the issues I've seen as per the guy who posted about his kid not getting in with a 4.5, is that I know an instance of a girl, who was involved in sports and clubs and got salutatorian by a few points to an Indian kid who didn't do any extracurriculars and took half his classes online and came in JH. She's fine and got into A&M and I'm sure that the valedictorian is doing well wherever he went, but it was always a bit of irritation that "sure he got the best grades, but he was barely there and did nothing but go to class."

That's obviously not entirely true everywhere. One of my friends at church is a 2nd or 3rd generation Indian and his son is one of the best receivers on a 5A team and incredibly involved in Church and community.

So now, the above mythical Texans and their children who have maybe been living here for 100+ years and paying into the funds of all our state schools are losing spots to people that showed up 5 years ago, got a nice spot and crammed their whole life into being the valedictorian of Frisco HS.

Saying it the way French did DOES have a hint of racism and was stupid, but it's honestly pent up rage.

Every Indian kid in that video is not the exact instance of a dad losing his job or an job opportunity to an H1B, then their kid losing top 10% to the H1B's kid, and the H1B's kid taking a spot from them at Texas, but I think when a lot of people see that picture, it's the story that's painted in their mind.

TL;DR: French's post was stupid, but I think the anger and frustration behind the post is not a completely invalid grievance.

I think it's funny and sad how the "blood and soil" crowd has led to a competition within their own group over who has the most claim via ancestry. I guess the ones with native American ancestry win? So I guess that would be the Mexican-Americans, the vast majority of them having native American pre-Spanish pre-Columbus ancestry.

"Nah, we defeated them, so there was a national reset, and the clock starts with the first white people in Texas." That's probably the way to reject the Mexican-Americans and native Americans.

I don't think we can just allow verbal claims. We are going to need to see ancestry charts, and more importantly, we are going to need genetic proof. In the future you may have to submit a blood sample as part of your admissions application to Texas schools. /s

Still waiting on a single MAGA person to defend Harvard/Yale/Princeton for capping Asian admissions to 20+% or whatever it is. Even though MAGA sued them over it.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vessel said:

infinity ag said:

fc2112 said:

infinity ag said:

I think those kids in the pic were children of H1Bs born in the US. Hence US citizens like you and I.




Yes it is. It is also debatable that they are foreigners. That exactly is my point.
If they were white-skinned, this would not be an issue.

Correct. This is a white country.

A random German living in Germany right now has infinitely more in common with an American than a random Indian living in America.


Again, so what is your point?
If you want to turn America into "white only", you lost the race. Too late. Politicians sold the "white only" crowd out for a few dollars.

The only option you (we) have now is to push out the non citizens. Even that is a Herculean task with our woke judges.
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
America is a culture, not a color. And there's definitely no sweet spot metric of what it should look like. Trying to manufacture it via government manipulation is the most un- American thing we could be doing. Good job libs. Here's hoping people catch on to your arrogance and ignorance.
Zobel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's interesting that you can't work from universals and keep coming back to particulars.

I think this is the biggest gap between right and left.
Vessel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
infinity ag said:

Vessel said:

infinity ag said:

fc2112 said:

infinity ag said:

I think those kids in the pic were children of H1Bs born in the US. Hence US citizens like you and I.




Yes it is. It is also debatable that they are foreigners. That exactly is my point.
If they were white-skinned, this would not be an issue.

Correct. This is a white country.

A random German living in Germany right now has infinitely more in common with an American than a random Indian living in America.


Again, so what is your point?
If you want to turn America into "white only", you lost the race. Too late. Politicians sold the "white only" crowd out for a few dollars.

The only option you (we) have now is to push out the non citizens. Even that is a Herculean task with our woke judges.

Obviously white only is not feasible and never was. But could we not have kept it the overwhelming majority? Could we not have ensured the country was run by and for whites (and Christians)?

Doesn't mean other races aren't welcome at all, but we needed everybody to understand what the country was for.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hardcore Greg said:

Quote:

You can think whatever you like, that is your choice. But that is not what the law says. If she was born here, she is a US citizen with the same rights as you (assuming you were born in the US)


Our laws are silly. That is like me as a white boy being born unexpectedly while parents are visiting Mexico or China or India, getting citizenship and thinking I am just as Mexican or Chinese or Indian as the people who have been there for hundreds of years LOL. I mean, yeah, on paper maybe, but they would laugh at me if I tried to make the case that I was just as Mexican/Chinese/Indian. And anyone from those countries calling US "racist" gets a hearty laugh from me. These countries are supremely racist compared to us.

But yeah, I would assimilate, respect the prevailing cultures, but know my place and defer to the natives. Knowing that i was not as Mexican/Chinese/Indian as them...and being fine with that.


Okay.

So what next? You still won't be able to push Vijay, born in Houston, TX out. Never. Unless this country descends into race riots and people start killing others.
Vessel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Funky Winkerbean said:

America is a culture, not a color. And there's definitely no sweet spot metric of what it should look like. Trying to manufacture it via government manipulation is the most un- American thing we could be doing. Good job libs. Here's hoping people catch on to your arrogance and ignorance.

This isn't true, but I don't even think you can define "culture" and "color" without inextricably linking the two.

The most unAmerican thing we could be doing is allowing non-Americans to live here.
Sweep4-2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wait a minute, you're barely a REAL American!! Kidding!!

Thank you for elaborating on your original questions/comments. With that background it makes much more sense to me now and I can appreciate your point.

While I'm just a boring, run of the mill white guy, almost none of my friends are white. My BJJ/MMA group is overwhelmingly Brazilian with a mix of Venezuelan, Mexican, Costa Rican and Vietnamese along the way. And my workout group is almost all Mexican or Puerto Rican. All citizens now, but majority moved here as children or are first Gen Texans and Americans.

If the Dos Equis guy is the most interesting man in the world, I"m the 'most boring man in my world' as I've realized generic white guys like me are pretty boring compared to Central and South Americans haha.
Consistency: It's only a virtue if you're not a screw-up.
Vessel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
infinity ag said:

Hardcore Greg said:

Quote:

You can think whatever you like, that is your choice. But that is not what the law says. If she was born here, she is a US citizen with the same rights as you (assuming you were born in the US)


Our laws are silly. That is like me as a white boy being born unexpectedly while parents are visiting Mexico or China or India, getting citizenship and thinking I am just as Mexican or Chinese or Indian as the people who have been there for hundreds of years LOL. I mean, yeah, on paper maybe, but they would laugh at me if I tried to make the case that I was just as Mexican/Chinese/Indian. And anyone from those countries calling US "racist" gets a hearty laugh from me. These countries are supremely racist compared to us.

But yeah, I would assimilate, respect the prevailing cultures, but know my place and defer to the natives. Knowing that i was not as Mexican/Chinese/Indian as them...and being fine with that.


Okay.

So what next? You still won't be able to push Vijay, born in Houston, TX out. Never. Unless this country descends into race riots and people start killing others.

Obviously we realize our country has been and will continue to be overrun by non-Americans. There probably isn't anything we can do about it. Can we not be upset about it?

Our country will be far worse off because of all the third worlders allowed to overtake us. That's very sad.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hardcore Greg said:

Queso1 said:

Vessel said:

infinity ag said:

fc2112 said:

infinity ag said:

I think those kids in the pic were children of H1Bs born in the US. Hence US citizens like you and I.




Yes it is. It is also debatable that they are foreigners. That exactly is my point.
If they were white-skinned, this would not be an issue.

Correct. This is a was awhite country.

A random German living in Germany right now has infinitely more in common with an American than a random Indian living in America.


FIFY.

For the record, I have no issue with people of different ethnicities and nations immigrating. However, I have an issue when it disproportionately changes the ethnic makeup of our nation. Even JFK supported certain quotas. What's infuriating is when you realize this is an intentional move to wholesale change the demographics with intention of causing division and demoralization.

I truly believe this is likely the case. And that acive participants like Cornyn aren't even aware of the more sinister and diabolical goals of such policy.

Look, we're all getting called "racist" because we don't want INFINITY foreigners replacing us and our offspring...or impacting our way of life. I was always fine with Indian immigrants, we have great Indian family friends out here who are strong Christians. But I don't necessarily want an endless stream of them. I don't want them to consolidate in our suburban neighborhood to the point where my daughter has to forego sports or any sort of a life outside of school just in order to have a shot at getting into any state university. Will they even include her in their massive cheating rings, if she is not Indian?

Just look at Western Europe...has to be all by design. At least our invasion is less Muslim in nature.


I agree with your goals above. I feel the same.
The only way that things will stay as they are is if the demographics do not change and White Christians pop % stays where it was. If that changes, everything goes out of balance.
TexasAg95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mas89 said:

Muy said:

I've said it for a long time, but the top 10% rule has screwed great Texas kids who absolutely love A&M or tu and would be much more loyal lifelong supporters/donors than these foreigners who come in, crush the top 10% rule and disappear after graduation.

Get back to the old days when being a legacy mattered.

I agree.
'But when I went with my son to his required new student conference a few years ago, the speakers were giddy about the number of " First Generation Students" in the room. It was clear that was their goal/ parameter of success. They had a special lunch spot and program for the " First Generation Students" and their family. With a special advisor for them to access during their college stay.

Never was there any mention of second, third, fourth, or fifth generation Aggies in the room, or their families who have often donated to and supported the school for 100 plus years. Mine is a fourth generation student with lots of family ties to our school.

Me too. Took my daughter class of 28 to NSC. Our family is all Aggies, grandfather, aunts uncles the whole deal. Not a damn word about that. It's literally obvious that applicants and freshmen are penalized for being from Aggie families.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sweep4-2 said:

I hate to tell you this, but none of us had any skill, decision, impact on choosing our parents or our long dead ancestors from 100's or 1000's of years ago.

Ancestry should be completely irrelevant in every way. And yes, I laugh every time I see those ancestry.com commercials. While I'm appreciative of my parents, their parents, etc.....I don't believe that I deserve more than anyone else just because of when my now-dead-relatives got to the US sooner than someone else's relatives tens or hundreds of years ago.




Poor naive uneducated clueless take.

There are many who share it which is why we are where we are today.
Sweep4-2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If true, tell me what % you played in determining your ancestry. And why your ancestors make you more deserving than myself for example.

Just an example, as MY ancestors came to this country 100's of years ago (this sound silly for me to even say haha).

I think researching ancestry is a neat little hobby for folks. But expecting to be treated differently based on who one's ancestors were seems sketchy when used to overlook other more relevant factors.
Consistency: It's only a virtue if you're not a screw-up.
Zobel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There were fewer than 5000 Mexicans in Texas in 1836. Texas was roughly the same demographic split by percentage from its founding until the 1970s.

But if what you're saying is that what we're seeing is tantamount to invasion or demographic conquest, I think a lot of people would agree.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spergin said:

Geminiv said:

YouBet said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

That John Cornyn is a leftist who has pretended to be a Republican. He should have kept his mouth shut, now he's the race baiter.

I imagine Bo French is pointing out that our taxpayer funded institutions have been transformed deliberately and no longer exist to serve Texas taxpayers.


That's the problem I see with it. Texas (the university) is down to about 30% white now which is wild. They no longer represent the state of Texas.

It's a California school in a California town in the state of Texas.


So you want the standards to be changed to be more inclusive of whites? That's too funny


Everyone understands how cheating works and it's not whites that do it.


Well, whites cheat in different areas. Not in tests like Indians and Chinese. White Americans cheat big money deals. Like bribing, I mean lobbying politicians to get a better deal. Kickbacks. Taking money from foreign entities to allow their people in universities and corporations. Whites are several levels more sophisticated. They don't do dumb things like cheating in tests.
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can trace my ancestry back through a couple of interesting names in history. While it may be slightly interesting, it has zero to do with the person I am today.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sweep4-2 said:

If true, tell me what % you played in determining your ancestry. And why your ancestors make you more deserving than myself for example.


That is called the luck of the draw. If you are lucky to have been born in the US, you get the privileges of being an American.

I wasn't born Bill Gates/Elon Musk's kid, so I don't get the privileges and wealth of being their kid.

That is life.
Simple.
Hardcore Greg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sweep4-2 said:

I respect what all of our ancestors have done, and it's nice that people enjoy learning about their ancestors if that's the hobby they want to have.

But it often comes across, to me anyway, as the adult version of "oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad" from the kindergarten playground days.

I am with you, sick of hearing about how bad my white ancestors are and how amazing everyone else's are. It's dumb. Just say "thank you" and be grateful and assimilate.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vessel said:

infinity ag said:

Hardcore Greg said:

Quote:

You can think whatever you like, that is your choice. But that is not what the law says. If she was born here, she is a US citizen with the same rights as you (assuming you were born in the US)


Our laws are silly. That is like me as a white boy being born unexpectedly while parents are visiting Mexico or China or India, getting citizenship and thinking I am just as Mexican or Chinese or Indian as the people who have been there for hundreds of years LOL. I mean, yeah, on paper maybe, but they would laugh at me if I tried to make the case that I was just as Mexican/Chinese/Indian. And anyone from those countries calling US "racist" gets a hearty laugh from me. These countries are supremely racist compared to us.

But yeah, I would assimilate, respect the prevailing cultures, but know my place and defer to the natives. Knowing that i was not as Mexican/Chinese/Indian as them...and being fine with that.


Okay.

So what next? You still won't be able to push Vijay, born in Houston, TX out. Never. Unless this country descends into race riots and people start killing others.

Obviously we realize our country has been and will continue to be overrun by non-Americans. There probably isn't anything we can do about it. Can we not be upset about it?

Our country will be far worse off because of all the third worlders allowed to overtake us. That's very sad.


I agree with you on that one. I share the same concerns.

But we effed up and some things cannot be turned back. We can change the future. Let us stop H1B and other ways of shipping people here. I have been screaming about it for years on this board and had Boomers and wokes throw stones at me.

Now people are seeing what I mean when I say the Trifecta of Evil are US Politicians, US CEOs and .....

These 3 entities have ruined America. Everything bad can be traced back to these 3 groups.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.