Say goodbye Germany, then the rest of the EU

86,466 Views | 749 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Madman
TheCurl84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't been following this thread closely, but I seem to recall the original premise was that Europe in general, and Germany in particular, were doomed this winter due to lack of O&G, a consequence of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It was expected that people would be freezing to death. Evidently this prediction was wrong. What gives?
AlaskanAg99
AG
Warmer weather. Massive changes to their social structure and people changed their habits. Massive subsidies yo energy to keep people afloat. Cut a lot of red tape, reclassified NG to get around their own laws. Massive engineering g efforts to build LNG terminals.

But as has been said, they broke the bank and its going g yo have long lasting rammifications.

Mucho Fearo cries that no one should interfeer and this is going to lead to WWIII. Not resisting Putin in Georgia and Crimea were direct causes of this current entanglement. Which is what Putin wants everyone to believe and the useful idiots fall in line.

This is directly exposing the fact that most NATO partners are woeful under prepared for mutual defense and US negotiators should use this to modify trade imbalances in the US favor. Freeloading deadbeats.

As far as Russia marching 500k troops west. That's not going to happen. Putin will also not launch nukes. While companies are skirting around sanctions, firing a nuke would have immediate impacts and that would change quickly.
aTm '99
Ghost Mech
GAC06 said:

MuchosPollos said:

I give you the link to the speech and a direct quote from Putin on the anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad. I'm not making it up….. He's using the German tanks as a rallying cry for his country. It's a shame you're not able to connect the dots.

It's not what you believe that matters, it's what they believe that really matters. The Russians are a paranoid bunch for good reason. I'm sure we'd be the same if we lost 20 million in WW2 and were being threatened again.

I didn't doubt that he said it. I'm questioning your take that it's a mistake by the west to provide the tanks. I guess if he really wants to bring up WWII he can point out some of the antique weapons his mobilized cannon fodder are equipped with. Leopards versus T-62's should be interesting.

Oh and Russia isn't being threatened. They can go home whenever they want.

Don't twist my words.

Quote:

BTW Got to love the incompetence of the west making a big deal about sending German tanks into the battle and saying it was a great idea

Learn to read. I was pointing out the brazen way they did it to deliberately piss off the Russians. It worked, the conflict was escalated.

But since you're asking, yes it's a stupid move to send them. They'll be good in the fight but the Russians know that and have most likely developed tactics to deal with them.

As I said earlier in the thread, the Russians aren't as impotent as you and the Zelensky fan boys like to portray nor are our forces invincible. Granted they are very strong but not invincible.

Our government is in a fight with a determined enemy. Whether we all agree on how it started doesn't really matter at this point. The fight is on. Unless we get a miracle, this is going to be a global war between east and west. It may take a while to really get going but it's definitely on the downward trajectory.

Russia isn't going to fight fair. Why should they? To provide an analogy, they are a 6'1" 220 lb All-American wrestler in College fighting a 6'5" 265 UFC professional. It's a mismatch. Our military is overall better but it doesn't mean the Russians will get pummeled in the first 30 seconds like a 165 lb beta male when push comes to shove.

They have weapons systems capable of inflicting incredible amounts of damage to both military and civilian targets. Beyond that, they are going to use asymmetric warfare to level the playing field. And if you study history, you'll understand they've been doing so for a very long time against us. Watch the old interview of the former KGB spy detailing the infiltration of the west and its institutions. Plain and simple they are going to fight dirty as if their existence depends on it.

They will use our economic weaknesses against us such as debt and derivatives. They will exploit our cultural divide and completely polarized political landscape. They will employ sabotage teams (likely cartels, criminals, and jihadist) who walked across an open border to inflict damage to infrastructure and sow chaos among the population. They will use their allies such as China, Iran, North Korea to spread our resources thin.

Furthermore our population is flat out not prepared for a war. We have a divided country. A third of them think anyone with a conservative leaning is the enemy and still wear masks. They think there are 147 genders, need safe spaces and emotional support animals. The majority of the country is obese and couldn't fight more than 20 seconds without being exhausted. We have millions that have no clue where their food comes from other than Uber eats. Our financial system is built on mountains of debt, 60% of the country lives paycheck to paycheck, 75% don't have $2000 saved for an emergency. We have an FBI that is more worried about white supremacy than actual enemies conducting espionage and blackmail on our politicians. We have local government tyrants that will crush anyone who stands in their way in an emergency situation. Covid proved they were insane. How do you think they'd act in a war time setting? And most importantly we have a man who has no idea where he is as the Commander-in-Chief and a ******ed woman as his backup who want to ensure DEI and climate change are prioritized throughout the military.

You might not want a wider war, unfortunately that's not your choice any longer. The Russians are going to dictate how it unfolds from here. Hopefully they will choose peace but I doubt it.
techno-ag
AG
TheCurl84 said:

I haven't been following this thread closely, but I seem to recall the original premise was that Europe in general, and Germany in particular, were doomed this winter due to lack of O&G, a consequence of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It was expected that people would be freezing to death. Evidently this prediction was wrong. What gives?
Global warming means we essentially no longer have brutally cold winters. Lack of need for fossil fuels means prices will continue to decline forever as we increasingly use freely available wind and solar energy instead.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
GAC06
AG
It's not incompetence to send German tanks. Ukraine has been using German armored vehicles since pretty much the beginning. Russia has cried about escalations and red lines and hasn't done anything, because they know a real war with NATO means they get smoked. Hand-me-down NATO and former Soviet equipment is giving them all they can handle in Ukraine already.

Thanks for the long list of predictions and insults but your predictions have been pretty terrible so far.
nortex97
AG
techno-ag said:

TheCurl84 said:

Global warming means we essentially no longer have brutally cold winters. Lack of need for fossil fuels means prices will continue to decline forever as we increasingly use freely available wind and solar energy instead.
Fact check: there has been no 'global warming' for 8 years.

Maybe there is another reason or the mild winter? Perhaps, gasp, weather?

I've also been told though that global warming means more extreme winters. So which is it?
techno-ag
AG
nortex97 said:

techno-ag said:

TheCurl84 said:

I've also been told though that global warming means more extreme winters. So which is it?
You obviously don't understand the difference between weather and climate.

/Algore
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
YouBet
AG
nortex97 said:

techno-ag said:

TheCurl84 said:

Yes, but if you filter this for communities of color they are who have been disproportionality impacted. Your graph here is skewing reality because it includes white people.

Do better.
nortex97
AG
That's fair.
J. Walter Weatherman
Well your doomer predictions haven't exactly been spot on so far, so I guess keep it up. Maybe you'll get one right one day.
BCG Disciple
AG
nortex97 said:

techno-ag said:

TheCurl84 said:

Why does the chart go September through January to include 1 extra fall and winter?

Not saying I don't agree with the absurd bs nature and political power grab of co2 fear mongering, but at least give me supporting stats that don't make me look stupid because of the sample season imbalance.
nortex97
AG
Ya know, you could click through to read the article if this bothers you…

Quote:

As always, the New Pause is not a prediction: it is a measurement. It represents the farthest back one can go using the world's most reliable global mean temperature dataset without finding a warming trend.

The sheer frequency and length of these Pauses provide a graphic demonstration, readily understandable to all, that It's Not Worse Than We Thought that global warming is slow, small, harmless and, on the evidence to date at any rate, strongly net-beneficial.

Again as always, here is the full UAH monthly-anomalies dataset since it began in December 1978. The uptrend remains steady at 0.134 K decade1.

The gentle warming of recent decades, during which nearly all of our influence on global temperature has arisen, is a very long way below what was originally predicted and still is predicted.

In IPCC (1990), on the business-as-usual Scenario A emissions scenario that is far closer to outturn than B, C or D, predicted warming to 2100 was 0.3 [0.2, 0.5] K decade1, implying 3 [2, 5] K ECS, just as IPCC (2021) predicts. Yet in the 33 years since 1990 the real-world warming rate has been only 0.137 K decade1, showing practically no acceleration compared with the 0.134 K decade1 over the whole 44-year period since 1978.
Ghost Mech
Bump.... looks like I was only off by a year.

Ghost Mech

BUT WHY NOW?????

Madman
AG
Tractors today, panzers tomorrow?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.