Say goodbye Germany, then the rest of the EU

86,546 Views | 749 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Madman
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stat Monitor Repairman

Stat Monitor Repairman
We gonna see news stories this winter of people burning their own wood fences and scrounging for firewood.

Cutting down trees in public spaces and so forth.
Fenrir
Man, we had so many liberals swarming threads about usage warnings earlier this year trying to argue that the Texas grid is somehow spectacularly bad in relation to every other developed place in the Western hemisphere...but they are completely absent from these threads lately. I don't know why they don't want to have a discussion on the fact that power generation and delivery is pretty ****ed for most western nations because of decades of ****ty energy policies.
cbr
AG
Faustus said:

Nasreddin said:

This causes me deep joy. To see leftists suffer from their own folly is so sweet...it's so choice..if you have the means..blah blah Ferris bueller

It's kind of funny that the far right pines for European immigration to the extent we have to let anyone in, but otherwise roots against them for being too liberal.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-laments-immigration-from-s-hole-countries-in-oval-office-negotiations.amp

most real actual people around the world dont buy any of this woke wef bull**** at all. Oregon, california, they are full of intelligent humans. the big blue city useful idiots, who live in their urban bubbles, and whose lives require no common sense or competence, and who were indoctrinated all their lives by the howard zinn international financial elite are only a gerrymandered majority. that is true here as well as in europe.

everyone i know from germany, france, england, gibraltar, etc., all think properly and dont support any of this idiocy.

those are the people we should be allowing to immigrate, because they are skilled, common sense humans without diseases and ideological disasters.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I think we see people flock to public spaces to stay warm during the day. Pubs, government buildings and anywhere else that can afford to keep the heat on.

What will be the unintended consequences of this?

Gonna hurt children and the elderly the most.

100 years ago people were conditioned to live with no heat to a certain extent but not today. Its different if you are use to it, but most people in western Europe are not.
nortex97
AG
Yes, very few green AGW communists posting about energy stuff right now. Fewer Ukrainian flags now, too.

I sure wonder why?
YouBet
AG
nortex97 said:

Yes, very few green AGW communists posting about energy stuff right now. Fewer Ukrainian flags now, too.

I sure wonder why?
Said this earlier...with current trajectory, Putin is losing the conventional battle in Ukraine (last time I checked but maybe not now?) but winning the war against Europe.

Pretty amazing considering Europe has 15x the GDP and 4x the population.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
YouBet said:

nortex97 said:

I sure wonder why?
Said this earlier...with current trajectory, Putin is losing the conventional battle in Ukraine (last time I checked but maybe not now?) but winning the war against Europe.

Tucker = Chamberlain!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
AlaskanAg99
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

I think we see people flock to public spaces to stay warm during the day. Pubs, government buildings and anywhere else that can afford to keep the heat on.

What will be the unintended consequences of this?

Gonna hurt children and the elderly the most.

100 years ago people were conditioned to live with no heat to a certain extent but not today. Its different if you are use to it, but most people in western Europe are not.

Dude to energy contracts spiking, pubs aren't able to even get a contract. Something like 75% are going to close.
nortex97
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

YouBet said:

nortex97 said:

I sure wonder why?

Tucker = Chamberlain!
Yes, he dunks on everyone he wants to, just like Wilt.
will25u
titan
S
will25u said:

Yes, have heard of them. Pretty venerable establishment.

However, in their case, there may be a way out. Go BACK to how they kept it warm and cozy in 793 AD or maybe just pre WW I would do. Attempt to make a gimmick positive out of it to the effect of `living like our ancestors' --- they might be able to make it work as a marketing tool to keep the doors open long enough until the Leftists are ousted or politics change.

With their sense of traditions and legacy, it just might be worth a try. Figure out ways things were done before there in particular and do them that way there again.
DrEvazanPhD
titan said:

will25u said:

Yes, have heard of them. Pretty venerable establishment.

However, in their case, there may be a way out. Go BACK to how they kept it warm and cozy in 793 AD or maybe just pre WW I would do. Attempt to make a gimmick positive out of it to the effect of `living like our ancestors' --- they might be able to make it work as a marketing tool to keep the doors open long enough until the Leftists are ousted or politics change.

With their sense of traditions and legacy, it just might be worth a try. Figure out ways things were done before there in particular and do them that way there again.

I like it. Problem is…the Brits are so ****ing soft now. That "stiff upper lip" mentality is long gone. They're every bit as weak and effeminate as our democrats here are
FJB
AG
EU is going to burn their forests to nothing this winter unless they pay the piper in rubles or gold.
Ramdiesel
oldcrow91 said:

Which do Europeans like least? Nuclear, coal, Fracking, or Freezing?

Freezing can be dealt with, just put on more clothes and pile on blankets...I'd be ready to kill some people though without A/C in the Summer..
Burnsey
AG
I'm American! I don't speak German. Force Dejure. Is that noctre prima?
TheEternalPessimist
MuchosPollos said:

Quote:

Gazprom Reportedly Declares Force Majeure, Will Halt Gas Flows To Germany Indefinitely

Already days before the July 22 European "Doomsday" when the scheduled Russian 10-day maintenance of the crucial Nord Stream pipeline to Germany is slated to end - but which was thrown into deep doubt given Gazprom recently said it can no longer guarantee its "good functioning" due to crucial turbines being previously held up in Canada related to sanctions - the Russian energy giant has declared Force Majeure to one major European customer.

Simply put, Gazprom declared extraordinary and extreme circumstances to void itself from all contractual obligations to this customer, thus the gas will stop flowing indefinitely, as Reuters reports in a breaking development Monday, "Russian gas export monopoly Gazprom has declared force majeure on gas supplies to Europe to at least one major customer starting June 14, according to the letter seen by Reuters." The letter is reportedly dated July 14.

The letter invoked "extraordinary" circumstances outside the company's control, Reuters continues, citing a source saying the customer in question is Germany via the Nord Stream 1 pipeline.

As we've been detailing, German authorities have of late taken unprecedented steps in anticipation of an enduring Russian gas halt, essentially dimming the lights across the country - which has included everything from limiting hot water, to shutting down swimming pools, to quite literally dimming city street lights as it entered "alarm" stage over dwindling supply.

It seems this letter declaring its legal release from supply obligations going back to June 14 is in preparation for definitive action on July 22, namely that the pipeline's operations are likely to remain suspended.

BS economists laid out a detailed vision of what they see happening if Russia halts gas deliveries to Europe: It would reduce corporate earnings by more than 15%. The market selloff would exceed 20% in the Stoxx 600 and the euro would drop to 90 cents. The rush for safe assets would drive benchmark German bund yields to 0%, they wrote.

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/gazprom-declares-force-majeure-will-halt-gas-flows-germany-indefinitely

Looks like the Russians grew wary of waiting to tell Germany to F-off.

No Russia natural gas is a head shot. Without a miracle, it's just a matter of time before the German economy crumbles and takes the EU with it.......And the rest of the western world too.

When Western Europe becomes desperate..... they will turn to a German or Austrian strongman for 'solutions'....... Where have we seen this before?

Widespread continental war and/or civil wars in Europe over the next 5-10 years seems suddenly possible.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
will25u
Ghost Mech
Bread lines in Italy....

Quote:

In Poland, where coal is king, homeowners queue for days to buy fuel

In Poland's late summer heat, dozens of cars and trucks line up at the Lubelski Wegiel Bogdanka coal mine, as householders fearful of winter shortages wait for days and nights to stock up on heating fuel in queues reminiscent of communist times.

Artur, 57, a pensioner, drove up from Swidnik, some 30 km (18 miles) from the mine in eastern Poland on Tuesday, hoping to buy several tonnes of coal for himself and his family.

"This is beyond imagination, people are sleeping in their cars. I remember the communist times but it didn't cross my mind that we could return to something even worse."

Artur's household is one of the 3.8 million in Poland that rely on coal for heating and now face shortages and price hikes, after Poland and the European Union imposed an embargo on Russian coal following Moscow's invasion of Ukraine in February.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/poland-where-coal-is-king-homeowners-queue-days-buy-fuel-2022-08-27/

Quote:

Iceland Lets Shoppers Pay for Food in Installments

British budget grocery chain Iceland Foods will allow customers to pay for their food in installments, becoming one of the first supermarkets to enter the burgeoning consumer credit sector as households wrestle with rising bills.

The Iceland Food Club offers interest-free loans ranging between 25 and 100 ($30-$120) accessible through a pre-loaded card, with repayments set at 10 a week, according to a press release from the company issued on Tuesday. The offer comes at a time when many cash-strapped consumers are usingproducts such as buy-now-pay-later to split payments on essentials.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-16/uk-s-iceland-chain-lets-shoppers-pay-for-food-in-installments

Not going to get better anytime soon. It's over folks, when the EU collapses this fall/winter, the US will fall a week or two later.

Be ready for extreme changes in your life.
Stat Monitor Repairman

It looks like at least someone in the UK appreciates the gravity of the situation..

Dudes says they got 12 weeks to get their **** in one sock, or its gonna be catastrophic.
titan
S

Italy is expected to go full right in September. It will be interesting to see if they immediately banish any regulations and WF policies that may be aggravating problems there.
Stat Monitor Repairman
We'll start to see EU countries enact emergency powers to deal with the coming energy crisis.

EU leaders will enact emergency powers and act in furtherance of WEF goals.

I don't think people realize that.

Their plan is to let the whole thing collapse.

I'm not looking forward to any of this.

I think it will be catastrophic.

Ultimately I think Germany caves to Putin. They cut a deal every couple weeks for Russia to blip the valve and give them some gas.

Russians will frame it as humanitarian relief.

Putin has got the EU by the balls. He's got control of gas and he's got control of the wheat.
titan
S

Quote:

The leaders maybe plan to do that. What if the people figure out the leaders ARE the main problem and toss out them out? Perhaps from an elevation.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I wouldn't even be surprised to see limited travel to the EU, and limited travel within the EU.
titan
S

I wouldn't even be surprised to see limited travel to the EU, and limited travel within the EU.
Its actually a foolish person who would seek to go traveling there this fall. Who wants to be in a re-enactment of a `Troubles'? Not the time to play tourist. If only because the usual luxuries might be turned off and not available.
Stat Monitor Repairman
titan said:

Quote:

The leaders maybe plan to do that. What if the people figure out the leaders ARE the main problem and toss out them out? Perhaps from an elevation.
There's no telling what we might see go down this winter.

I can't even imagine what we are about to see play out.

Russia has probably had this strategy for decades.

Anybody ever think about that?
AlaskanAg99
AG
titan said:

Its actually a foolish person who would seek to go traveling there this fall. Who wants to be in a re-enactment of a `Troubles'? Not the time to play tourist. If only because the usual luxuries might be turned off and not available.

My clueless mother in law wants to go to Scotland next summer, and take her daughters. I told my wife. Uh, there's a very high probability this is not going to happen. Do not spend anything without checking with me first.

Anticipate not going.
titan
S
AlaskanAg99 said:

titan said:

My clueless mother in law wants to go to Scotland next summer, and take her daughters. I told my wife. Uh, there's a very high probability this is not going to happen. Do not spend anything without checking with me first.

Anticipate not going.
You can cut a little slack for next summer --- you should know by February if a whole new govt has come into power and if things are flying apart or being pulled back together.

What I would say is under no circumstances go there this fall and winter. (As a flighty tourist---if you have business there, that's a different short-term gamble. But it wouldn't be a good time to be touristy anyway---many conveniences will not be there or would be resented by those that don't--with what that can bring)
Ghost Mech

Quote:

Surprise: Stocks Tumble After Gazprom "Completely Halts" Nord Stream Indefinitely Due To "Unexpected" Leak

After a 3-day halt, Russian energy giant Gazprom was expected to resume critical supplies of nat gas to Europe via Nord Stream 1 tomorrow, but it appears that Putin who is enjoying the game of cat and mouse a little too much, had other plans and as a result, Russian gas flows toward Europe won't be coming back any time soon, as moments ago Gazprom announced that it had "completely halted" transport of gas to Nord Stream until a previously undetected oil leakage is rectified.

The "shocking development" is a massive blow to Europe, which is scrambling to fill up its gas storage ahead of winter and which has been trying to guess Moscow's next steps in the energy war for weeks.

The news promptly sent spoos sliding back under 4000 as any hope Europe's energy hyperinflation was finally over were just steamrolled by the Russian president.

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/surprise-gazprom-completely-halts-nord-stream-gas-supplies-due-unexpected-leak

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-02/gazprom-says-nord-stream-to-remain-shut-after-technical-issue

It was nice knowing you Europe........

Take advantage of the relatively peaceful time you have now to get prepared. The price spikes in the Euro Markets are going to crush banks and over leveraged speculators over the next few weeks/months. Once Europe falls, we are next.
YouBet
AG
Time to cut loose Ukraine if they want to not enter total collapse, but I guess they aren't smart enough to do that.
YouBet
AG
Looks like the G7 is doubling down on Russia though so more pain for everyone incoming. I guess global depression and collapse for all is more desirable than the fate of a country that is historically tied to Russia.

Quote:

The Group of Seven wealthy nations on Friday agreed on a plan to implement a price-capping mechanism on Russian oil exports, seeking to curtail the Kremlin's ability to fund its war in Ukraine and better protect consumers amid soaring energy prices.
titan
S
YouBet said:

Looks like the G7 is doubling down on Russia though so more pain for everyone incoming. I guess global depression and collapse for all is more desirable than the fate of a country that is historically tied to Russia.

Quote:

The Group of Seven wealthy nations on Friday agreed on a plan to implement a price-capping mechanism on Russian oil exports, seeking to curtail the Kremlin's ability to fund its war in Ukraine and better protect consumers amid soaring energy prices.

What's weird about it is the indications are fairly strong the Obama administration's alphabets played a big role destabilizing Ukraine in his second term. So Germany is partly suffering both from their bad decision and something the Obmaians stirred up.
Ghost Mech

Quote:

Sweden, Austria Start Bailing Out Energy Companies Triggering Europe's "Minsky Moment"

Last weekend, Credit Suisse repo guru published what may have been the most insightful snippet of the entire European energy crisis (to date) when he extended the infamous "Minsky Moment" framework to Europe, and specifically Germany, which he said "can't cover its payments without Russian gas and the government is asking citizens to conserve energy to leave more for industry." He then elaborated that "Minsky moments are triggered by excessive financial leverage, and in the context of supply chains, leverage means excessive operating leverage: in Germany, $2 trillion of value added depends on $20 billion of gas from Russia… …that's 100-times leverage much more than Lehman's." (Zoltan's entire note is a must read for everyone with a passing interest in what comes next).

On Wednesday it was Austria, which announced it would bail out the country's main energy supplier with a two-billion-euro ($2 billion) loan, the AFP reported. Chancellor Karl Nehammer said the loan to Wien Energie was an "extraordinary rescue measure" to ensure its two million customers - mainly Vienna households - continue to receive electricity. It will run until next April.

Wien Energie asked for a bailout this weekend after suffering financial trouble amid soaring energy prices and speculation the company mismanaged their funds. Nehammer said Wien Energie, which is owned by Vienna, would have to answer questions as to how they got into trouble.

"The goal was to help people quickly... It has now been agreed that all of these questions, which are rightly raised, must be answered promptly by Vienna (and) the energy supplier," he told reporters.

The company - almost entirely dependent on Russian gas - said earlier this week that it had been hit by the "price explosion" which it has not yet passed on to customers, assuring it remained solvent. As part of its rescue, the company is expected to pass through soaring costs, which means a historic price shock is coming to Austria next... and soon Sweden

Following in Austria's footsteps, on Saturday morning Sweden announced it will give emergency liquidity support to electricity producers after the government said it feared Russia's decision to halt gas deliveries to Europe could place its financial system under severe strain.

Germany already bailed out one of the country's biggest utilities, Uniper, and its majority shareholder, Finnish energy group Fortum, in turn asked the government in Helsinki for support. Fortum warned on Monday that its collateral requirements had risen by 1bn to 5bn in the previous week, and that a default by a smaller player would cause "severe disturbances to the Nordic power system".

Andersson said the support would apply to all Nordic and Baltic players, and would need approval by the Swedish parliament's finance committee on Monday. Even the country's central bank was forced to chime in: "We need to isolate this in one market so it doesn't infect the financial sector," said Stefan Ingves, governor of the Riksbank.

Again - We need to isolate this in one market so it doesn't infect the financial sector," said Stefan Ingves, governor of the Riksbank.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/sweden-austria-start-bailing-out-energy-companies-triggering-europes-minsky-moment

Inflation is surging in the EU, All of these policies will just add to the problem. Bailing out utility companies is a band-aid on a neck wound. It's a full blown economic melt down and accelerating.

Hang on to your butts, the melt down is coming to America soon.

YouBet
AG
"Need to isolate in one market."

The ghost of "contagion" is back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.