2022 Concerts

82,406 Views | 1123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got back from Boston Calling. The Strokes canceled friday night so they had Nine Inch Nails do a second headline set on Saturday. I will say I only know their major songs, but decided to see NIN from rail on Friday since I was already there waiting for HAIM, and man Trent is a monster. Only repeated 4 songs on Saturday, so the sets were super different.

Sunday was Metallica day and definitely the busiest day. Very fest-friendly setlist but they did Whiskey in the Jar which I haven't seen them play since 2016. Kirk butchered Nothing Else Matters to the point he actually had to restart it.

Overall a decent festival. Would totally go back if the lineup is good.

https://instagr.am/p/CeLlC2BuzVo
spadilly
S
Jimmy Buffett coming up this Saturday.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Anybody watching Dead and Co. from their couch right now live from Dodger Stadium? It's glorious.
johnnyblaze36
AG
For any Hulu subscribers, BIlly Strings goes live from Bonnaroo at 8:50 central in 15 minutes. Do yourself a favor and watch. Sucks he and the boys are only getting an hour and fifteen minutes followed by TOOL only getting an hour and a half but the roo is a shell of its former self. Billy will no doubt be bringing the Tennessee heat though.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Tobias Funke said:

RATM w/ Run the Jewels - Wisconsin
Nice, I wasn't expecting to find another Jewel Runner here.
HollywoodBQ
AG
maroon barchetta said:

KidDoc said:

maroon barchetta said:

KidDoc said:

Heading to Vegas at the end of the month for Foreigner and Scorpions! I've seen Foreigner lots and we really just added them as they happen to be there the Friday night. I've never seen Scorpions despite being a pretty big fan of them so I'm excited for this long weekend.

You didn't go to Monsters of Rock at Rice Stadium?

I wish. I was 16 at the time and didn't have money or permission.

Man, you could have ridden with us! We would have brought you along!

Kingdom Come was pretty good for what they were.

Metallica was still a relative unknown to the mainstream and was too heavy to get much AirPlay on regular radio outside of late night shows like "Metal Shop" on Saturday nights at midnight on KLOL in Houston.

They were great. Master of Puppets had just come out and they played a good bit of it from what I remember.

Dokken had to follow Metallica. Tough deal! They had sound issues. They lost Lynch's guitar through the PA part of the way through the set and I think Don's vocals as well. They got the guitar back but not the vocals so Mick, Jeff, and George played Mr. Scary while they tended to the vocal feed.

At some point Don and George got into a shouting match onstage and George tossed his Skeleton guitar (the one from the In My Dreams and Dream Warriors videos). It landed face down and slid across the stage.

Scorpions were next. It was getting dark by then. They were good but basically play everything exactly like the album. Too much variation from the album can be bad, but they were like The Cars. Just like the album.

VH closed. Great set although I can't recall the last time I listened to OU812.

There was a bit of a mini riot between Dokken and the Scorpions on the floor and in the lower deck on stage left. It got a little crazy. We had moved to the floor for Dokken and had to retreat.
True story, the lead singer for Kingdom Come was the first guy I ever saw do rails of Coke.
HollywoodBQ
AG
goadius6 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Did Airborne Toxic Event at the House of Blues Dallas last night. "VIP" Tables. Crazy how far some of these venues have fallen.

Menu online had skirt steak, jambalaya, etc... We get there and its "covid menu" which is chicken strips, cafeteria hamburgers, etc...

Ask for dr pepper - "we only have pepsi products"... oh ok mr pibb is fine... "no we only actually have pepsi" (in Texas!?)

Ran out of popcorn despite it being one of the 6 things on the actual menu. Ordered vodka water, got vodka tonic.

But at every turn they are selling us to join us in the "foundation room" after (to buy more alcohol). Just an all around ****ty experience not worth the premium. As I've gotten older I've been more and more willing to throw down extra $$$ for an easier, more relaxed experience -- but this was a rip off.

old man rant over.
I've only been to the house of blues in Houston and Dallas, but they are by far, the worst, concert venues i've been to anywhere. unless your nut to butt in the middle, you can't see anything, the balcony is decent but it's a crap shoot if they'll let you up there or not or if they'll even sell tickets up there or not.
Been yo the Foundation Room a couple times as a guest. They were even giving the hard sell on a Foundation Room membership when the HoB was going away in Los Angeles. The pitch was that you could still use it in other cities like Vegas.
jetch17
AG
Houston 9/29

HollywoodBQ
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

digging tunnels said:

Damn concerts on Aggie football home games

I want to go to that show. Eddie Trunk said Scorpions still sound good
Klaus Meine is one of the most underrated singers in rock history. He uses hardly any effects on his vocals (or at least he did last time I checked) unlike most other singers well younger than him. Excited to see Mikkey Dee on drums in place of that psychopath he replaced.
C'mon now, I've partied a lot with James Kottak. He's cool when he's just on alcohol. But when he's on the hard stuff, he loses his freaking mind.
HollywoodBQ
AG
jetch17 said:

Houston 9/29

I saw Helmet at Liberty Lunch in Austin in the 90s. Great show.
HollywoodBQ
AG
62strat said:

Know Your Enemy said:

digging tunnels said:

Klaus Meine is one of the most underrated singers in rock history. He uses hardly any effects on his vocals (or at least he did last time I checked) unlike most other singers well younger than him. Excited to see Mikkey Dee on drums in place of that psychopath he replaced.
who is using effects on their voice?

I don't know anyone in the rock world doing this.
They're called Tracks in the business.

Most epic fail in recent years has been Wes Scantlin of Puddle of Mudd.

He had an absolute implosion at Trees in Dallas, probably around 2014 or so.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Just spent $900 on tix for two shows in Houston in September.
9/2 - Bad Bunny
9/11 - Pitbull
I'm really looking forward to seeing Mr. 305 for the first time. I seriously thought he was going to be a one hit wonder with Ay Chico back in 2006.

I paid about 50 Euros to see Bad Bunny in Madrid back in 2019. I can't believe how much tickets are for his Minute Maid Park show.
CharlieBrown17
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Seeing Modest Mouse in Central Park and then Caamp opening for The Lumineers in June in NYC. Very stoked.

Hope The Lumineers play their cover of Just Like Heaven they released yesterday

Just got back from NYC.

Modest mouse in Central Park was super fun.

The Lumineers were amazing. Saw them at Forest Hills and it was just a great experience and very fun crowd. Highly recommend them and the venue. Played a good mix from all their albums and did a 20 or so song set with a 5 song encore.

Also saw The Head and The Heart on a whim on a pier in the east river. Great view of the Brooklyn bridge and all of the NYC skyline.
Sazerac
AG
That's a nice little lineup.
Still haven't seen MM.

CharlieBrown17
AG
They were a real fun show. Laid back and the kind of odd, quirky crowd interaction you'd imagine
Know Your Enemy
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Know Your Enemy said:

digging tunnels said:

C'mon now, I've partied a lot with James Kottak. He's cool when he's just on alcohol. But when he's on the hard stuff, he loses his freaking mind.

Well there's a reason he's not longer in the Scorps so…
Jim01
AG
Haven't watched but been listening to every show so far on the nugs app. Hopefully they hit up Texas on some fall dates.

Picked up floor seats to Garth at NRG. I like the flat pricing. $98 no matter location.

Also have tickets to Metric at HOB later this year.

I need to find some more shows. That's too sparse a calendar for me.
jetch17
AG
Jim01 said:

Haven't watched but been listening to every show so far on the nugs app. Hopefully they hit up Texas on some fall dates.

Picked up floor seats to Garth at NRG. I like the flat pricing. $98 no matter location.

Also have tickets to Metric at HOB later this year.

I need to find some more shows. That's too sparse a calendar for me.

Jim, going to Toadies out in cypress on 8/26?

https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/7953087/the-toadies-live-at-the-barnwith-motorcade-cypress-the-barn-at-the-frio
Jim01
AG
It's on my radar but I'm waiting until my daughters soccer schedule to come out to see if we are in town that weekend. It's been two long since I've seen them!
jetch17
Know Your Enemy
AG
Reliving my 20's this weekend and going to see the Flickerstick reunion tonight and tomorrow at HOB Dallas. First time the original 5 guys will be on stage together since 2002 and it will not likely happen again.
AggieRob93
AG
Have Adele coming up the first Saturday in July in London. A little surprise for the wife.

Also, snagged tix for the Foo Fighters Tribute for Taylor Hawkins show in LA in late September. Was supposed to see them next week, also in London, until the tour was cancelled with Taylor's passing.
Sazerac
AG
Might have to hit that toadies show. Never saw them.
spadilly
S
AggieRob93 said:

Have Adele coming up the first Saturday in July in London. A little surprise for the wife.

Also, snagged tix for the Foo Fighters Tribute for Taylor Hawkins show in LA in late September. Was supposed to see them next week, also in London, until the tour was cancelled with Taylor's passing.

This guy right here? Living the life.
jorgerr96

https://instagr.am/p/CfZmjlvr4e9

Crossed a venue off the list. Wembley Stadium. I bought the ticket the day before because truth be told, I am not really a listener of Ed Sheeran, I was just there to see Maisie Peters open, but the guy is definitely good live. Seems like he has a band now.

The stadium gets it right. Unlike the US stadiums with a detachable roof that keep it closed for concerts, Wembley had it open, so the sound was great, not bouncy. Getting there and out was smooth as well but that's probably because they are miles ahead of our public transportation over there lol.

Also saw Lorde at Alexandra Palace aka Ally Pally. Fun venue as well.

FancyKetchup14
AG
Saw Isbell at 713 in Houston on Sunday night. Show was awesome. That venue rules too.
Sazerac
AG
Was it crowded? Saw they were basically giving away tickets. Was wondering if it was the date or people were getting sick of his politics.
tommyjohn
I imagine it was about 1/2 to 2/3rds full.

Plenty of room in the GA area. I though it was great.

He has toned down some on Twitter and didn't get all preachy at the show.
goadius6
AG
goadius6
AG
Sazerac said:

Was it crowded? Saw they were basically giving away tickets. Was wondering if it was the date or people were getting sick of his politics.
this may be an extremely unpopular opinion but i've seen Isbell and the 400 unit 2 times and both shows felt like a snoozefest.
The first was at Revention Music Center in Houston and the floor had all seats so everyone sat the entire time.
the second was the co headlining tour with Father John Misty and he got the 2nd spot at the dallas show and after FJM played, Isbell just fell kind of flat as he does not have the stage presence that FJM has obviously.
Don't get me wrong, he sounds great live, but just very little energy, probably won't ever pay to go see him again
Sazerac
AG
I'd agree with that. Love most of his music but it's not much of a show.
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Thought their show at Cullen Hall on UH campus several years ago was absolutely terrific, seriously one of the best ever. Of course that was coming off Something More than Free album and they basically played songs from that, Southeastern, and some DBT covers. So the setlist was perfect for me and the sound was amazing. The Revention show wasn't as good, as noted above, and he's lost me with his recent albums.
Echoes97
AG
Hotdog Hamblin said:

Thought their show at Cullen Hall on UH campus several years ago was absolutely terrific, seriously one of the best ever. Of course that was coming off Something More than Free album and they basically played songs from that, Southeastern, and some DBT covers. So the setlist was perfect for me and the sound was amazing. The Revention show wasn't as good, as noted above, and he's lost me with his recent albums.
This is 100% correct, I was at that Cullen Hall show and it was freaking fantastic. Saw him at Revention and at White Oak w/ FJM and both of those were pretty snoozeworthy. Also agree w/ losing interest in the recent stuff, just nothing as inspired as those earlier records. I don't care too bad about the wokeness, but it did get old.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
spadilly
S
The Cullen Hall show was amazing. Perfect set list. No complaints except that there is absolutely no legroom up in the balcony there.
Counterpoint
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Saw Isbell at 713 in Houston on Sunday night. Show was awesome. That venue rules too.
I was there. I had never been to 713 before, but that place kicked ass. I liked the opener too, even though I'm a little worried about her!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.