2022 Concerts

83,334 Views | 1123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
Aggie87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McKelveysCurse said:

rgt99 said:

just bought tickets for Porcupine Tree, so excited. Best band no one has heard of.
Just to hear Gavin Harrison itself is worth price of addmission.

I saw Gavin with King Crimson in Sept 2021, and will see him with The Pineapple Thief in May, and then Porcupine Tree in Sept. 3 times in 12 months!

For me, although he has a different style, he's as talented as Peart.
maroon barchetta
RushHour said:

Re-living some younger days and going to Colorado in April for a Face To Face/ Descendents/Jawbreaker/Samiam show. This will be the first show I've been to in 3 years since I saw Lucero in New Orleans.

Username does not check out.
spadilly
S
713 Music Hall is a pretty impressive venue.
Jimmy Eat World still brings it.

johnnyblaze36
AG
Cannot wait to see Billy there next month. Looks great.
maroon barchetta
johnnyblaze36 said:

Idol?
62strat
AG

maroon barchetta said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Idol?

I'm guessing by the fact I've seen the name on every page of this thread it seems, billy strings.
Jim01
AG
I was on the second level probably just out of frame on the left side of your picture.

I agree. LOVED the venue. Bigger than I expected, probably 25% or so bigger than Bayou Music Center (previously Revention amongst a dozen other names). Huge and super clean bathrooms. Not much of a line at the bars. Easy to get in and out. Thumbs up!

I really hope it crushes White Oak Lawn for the new go-to. I hate White Oak Lawn shows because it's not deep enough. It's shallow and wide so I always end up watching from a weird angle. This place was deep, so no matter where you were you had a pretty head on view of the stage. Acoustics also much better than White Oak. Although I thought the mix on JEW was off (too much bass, and barely could hear Jim's guitar).

Sidney Sprague was really good. Catchy songs and melodies and a nice voice.

Dashboard was the best sounding of the night. The mix was great and damn Chris has some pipes. It was also the peak of the crowd. The floor looked packed because all the Dashboard fans were there for them and the JEW fans were there as well. I feel like after they finished some of the Dashboard fans only stuck around a little and then took an early exit. Not much, but a noticeable little chunk.

JEW was a bucket list show for me. It seemed like every time they would come to Houston it would be opening for a band I didn't like, like Incubus, so I would skip it. Glad they finally got to come through on a headlining tour. Loved the set list and they sounded great, other than the mix.

It was also my 11 year old sons first rock show and he LOVED it. He was so pumped when I surprised him we were going.
PlanoAg98
AG
I have tickets to this amazing show!!!

BCSWguru
was that all GA on the floor?
Jim01
AG
Yes,

The floor is all GA.

Second level in the rear (where spadilly was) is a large seating section. Then on the sides of the second floor and third floor, right next to the edge are tables with 4 bar stool type chairs you can buy (Platinum 1-4 below), behind them is an elevated area where you can stand (Loge & Mezzanine GA).

I was in the elevated are on second level to the left of stage (Loge GA). View was good. Usually I do floor GA but with my son I want to be elevated so he could see. Also the elevated section has a half wall in front of it that was GREAT to lean on.

spadilly
S
We were in loge C, row D

The best part of the venue in my opinion is the rise height on the seats where we were. Nobody had to worry about being blocked by the person in front of you. They did a great job making sure each row was high enough. The only complaint I had was you couldn't really hear the crowd. Both Chris and Jim mentioned how loud the crowd was singing back during their sets, but being in the back you didn't really get a sense of it like you would in a shorter (stage to back wall) room/setup.

Dead on about the bars and restrooms. Everything was clean and super quick.

As for the sound, I told my wife Jimmy Eat World was just a full on wall of sound that hit you, especially in the opening songs. They seemed to kick the bass down a bit as the show went on.

The run of Praise Chorus, Sweetness, and The Middle may be the best three song run of any show I've ever been to. The crowd was hyped and kept getting more and more into it as they played those.
LMCane
Kenny Chesney this summer

should I road trip to Virginia Beach or just locally at Jiffy Lube Pavilion outside DC?
BBQ Bevo
AG
3/27 - Beach House @ The Factory / Deep Ellum
5/25 - Bleachers @ Southside Ballroom / Dallas
7/16 - Black Tie Dynasty @ Tulips / FTW
9/3 - Peter Hook and the Light @ HOB Dallas
9/10 - The Killers / Johnny Marr @ Dickies Arena, FTW
9/16 - Mission UK / Chameleons @ Amplified Live - canceled
9/23 - Roxy Music / St. Vincent @ AAC Dallas
10/15 - Chameleons @ Lola's / FTW
Proposition Joe
Did Airborne Toxic Event at the House of Blues Dallas last night. "VIP" Tables. Crazy how far some of these venues have fallen.

Menu online had skirt steak, jambalaya, etc... We get there and its "covid menu" which is chicken strips, cafeteria hamburgers, etc...

Ask for dr pepper - "we only have pepsi products"... oh ok mr pibb is fine... "no we only actually have pepsi" (in Texas!?)

Ran out of popcorn despite it being one of the 6 things on the actual menu. Ordered vodka water, got vodka tonic.

But at every turn they are selling us to join us in the "foundation room" after (to buy more alcohol). Just an all around ****ty experience not worth the premium. As I've gotten older I've been more and more willing to throw down extra $$$ for an easier, more relaxed experience -- but this was a rip off.

old man rant over.
goadius6
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Did Airborne Toxic Event at the House of Blues Dallas last night. "VIP" Tables. Crazy how far some of these venues have fallen.

Menu online had skirt steak, jambalaya, etc... We get there and its "covid menu" which is chicken strips, cafeteria hamburgers, etc...

Ask for dr pepper - "we only have pepsi products"... oh ok mr pibb is fine... "no we only actually have pepsi" (in Texas!?)

Ran out of popcorn despite it being one of the 6 things on the actual menu. Ordered vodka water, got vodka tonic.

But at every turn they are selling us to join us in the "foundation room" after (to buy more alcohol). Just an all around ****ty experience not worth the premium. As I've gotten older I've been more and more willing to throw down extra $$$ for an easier, more relaxed experience -- but this was a rip off.

old man rant over.
I've only been to the house of blues in Houston and Dallas, but they are by far, the worst, concert venues i've been to anywhere. unless your nut to butt in the middle, you can't see anything, the balcony is decent but it's a crap shoot if they'll let you up there or not or if they'll even sell tickets up there or not.
cajunaggie08
AG
Jim01 said:

I was on the second level probably just out of frame on the left side of your picture.

I agree. LOVED the venue. Bigger than I expected, probably 25% or so bigger than Bayou Music Center (previously Revention amongst a dozen other names). Huge and super clean bathrooms. Not much of a line at the bars. Easy to get in and out. Thumbs up!

I really hope it crushes White Oak Lawn for the new go-to. I hate White Oak Lawn shows because it's not deep enough. It's shallow and wide so I always end up watching from a weird angle. This place was deep, so no matter where you were you had a pretty head on view of the stage. Acoustics also much better than White Oak. Although I thought the mix on JEW was off (too much bass, and barely could hear Jim's guitar).

Sidney Sprague was really good. Catchy songs and melodies and a nice voice.

Dashboard was the best sounding of the night. The mix was great and damn Chris has some pipes. It was also the peak of the crowd. The floor looked packed because all the Dashboard fans were there for them and the JEW fans were there as well. I feel like after they finished some of the Dashboard fans only stuck around a little and then took an early exit. Not much, but a noticeable little chunk.

JEW was a bucket list show for me. It seemed like every time they would come to Houston it would be opening for a band I didn't like, like Incubus, so I would skip it. Glad they finally got to come through on a headlining tour. Loved the set list and they sounded great, other than the mix.

It was also my 11 year old sons first rock show and he LOVED it. He was so pumped when I surprised him we were going.
713 is a live nation owned venue so they will be getting different acts than White Oak.
62strat
AG
Quote:

that's funny.
We were in FL spring break, and as much as I'm aware of the stereotype and regionalism of coke, I was shocked that in the publix there in orlando, coke.. and I mean 12 pack of red, original coca cola, had about half of the soda aisle. Literally half the ~50ft aisle was red with white coke logo.

End of the aisle, I see pepsi.. there was, I counted, six 12 packs.
The stereotype is strong in FL I tell ya.
cajunaggie08
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Pibb is a Coca-Cola product. Pepsi doesn't have a Dr Pepper equivalent. Its still weird that they didn't have Dr Pepper as most places locally whether they are a Coke or Pepsi place will still have Dr Pepper
62strat
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Pibb is a Coca-Cola product. Pepsi doesn't have a Dr Pepper equivalent. Its still weird that they didn't have Dr Pepper as most places locally whether they are a Coke or Pepsi place will still have Dr Pepper
Didn't even catch that lol.

Coincidentally, dr pepper is owned by pepsi in parts of the world, and coke in other parts of the world.
Proposition Joe
cajunaggie08 said:

Proposition Joe said:

I think I was more stunned that Pepsi was literally the only soft drink they had. Wasn't sure if Pepsi just landed some great exclusivity rights with them or like everything else about the venue -- management was just lazy.
Proposition Joe
goadius6 said:

Proposition Joe said:

old man rant over.
I've only been to the house of blues in Houston and Dallas, but they are by far, the worst, concert venues i've been to anywhere. unless your nut to butt in the middle, you can't see anything, the balcony is decent but it's a crap shoot if they'll let you up there or not or if they'll even sell tickets up there or not.

Front row of House of Blues balcony had historically been what I felt was one of the most under-the-radar badass spots to see a show. The angle watching the band combined with not having to mess with general admission made it great. Saw Mumford there before they exploded, and have fond memories of The Killers "secret show" during the weekend DFW had the Final Four.

I know now they are about 4th or 5th rung when it comes to band priority in the Live Nation touring umbrella, but it seems like they aren't even making the effort to do the little things that get people to pony up for the "VIP" experience. I would have been happier with the first few rows of the balcony last night and probably saved $300.
62strat
AG
Dbag level 11 right here.

God I hope this completely destroys his career; we really don't have room for this kind of stuff in the world as it is.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/eric-church-cancels-concert-unc-duke-final-four/?fbclid=IwAR1mnDNgiytQo5CwjZv7ojhvjCDEUxDBPDMfaZzSycJPCJPJlZ1T3yanL0c
AgLaw
AG
Avett Brothers in Chicago this weekend
Lyle Lovett at the Majestic in Dallas next weekend.
jrod2181
Updated list for the year

April 23 - Elton John - Jacksonville
April 24 - The Who - Jacksonville
June 26 - Train, Jewel, Blues Traveler - Jacksonville
July 29 - RATM, RTJ - Pittsburgh
Aug 26 - Lady Gaga - Atlanta
Sep 24 - My Chemical Romance Fort Lauderdale
Oct 27 - Toadies, Reverend Horton Heat - Orlando
Dec 2nd - Aerosmith - Las Vegas

Had 3 Foo Fighters shows on the books
aznaggiegirl07
AG
BTS in Vegas, hehehe
KidDoc
AG
Foreigner & Scorpions & Skid Row in Vegas were fantastic! The only downside is that they ran out of beer in our area for the Scorpions. You would think Vegas would know that we middle aged rockers can put down some drinks!

There were a good number of younger folks in their 20s there as well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jorgerr96

Went to Coachella for the first time, definitely an experience. Will never camp by myself though, and if I do go back in the future I am either getting a hotel or one of their fancy tents.
Festival was great, I think the crowd and vibes are good all around and definitely not what people say on social media about it being just an influencer fest. Danny Elfman was an incredible set. The line for merch on Friday morning was brutal, I waited a little over 3 hours in line but got the merch I wanted, lines were long the whole weekend.

Excited to check out the new arena in Austin tonight. Really glad we finally have a decent building and so many great tours coming this year.
idAg09
Anyone looking to purchase two Billy Strings tickets for tomorrow night at 713 Music Hall? Brother can't make it so looking to get back what I paid.

$203 for both tickets. Mezzanin Right Row M, Seats 26&28 (right next to each other).
- There is a single ticket available for face value on ticketmaster.com that is right next to these seats too if you wanted to make it work for your group.

david.e0910 at yahoo for email. I can meet you at the venue or somewhere in Houston area. Thanks!
Jim01
AG
Mayer? I'm going Saturday in Houston. He's on my must see anytime he's in town list.
Teacher_Ag
AG
If you enjoy good indie rock, Palace out of the UK are doing their their US tour and playing Dallas @Trees Friday night. Still a few tix.

Sazerac
AG
If anyone wants to see Avett Brothers and Shovels and Ropes at Canyon Lake I have 2 tix for the Friday show I'll sell below cost.

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3277103
JamesPShelley
Get me to the Greek!!

Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley. Sunday.
TXAG 05
AG
62strat said:

Quote:

that's funny.
We were in FL spring break, and as much as I'm aware of the stereotype and regionalism of coke, I was shocked that in the publix there in orlando, coke.. and I mean 12 pack of red, original coca cola, had about half of the soda aisle. Literally half the ~50ft aisle was red with white coke logo.

End of the aisle, I see pepsi.. there was, I counted, six 12 packs.
The stereotype is strong in FL I tell ya.

Probably because Pepsi sucks.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Can't wait for night 1 of 3 Billy Texas run to commence tonight. Here he was at the Astros game last night.

maroon barchetta
I bought tickets for a Satriani show in November.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.