2022 Concerts

82,401 Views | 1123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jack Johnson on my bday next week at Starplex. This summer/fall/winter is shaping up tremendously capping it all off with Billy in NOLA on NYE.

Can't wait for the Pearl Jam show in OKC to finally happen either. Added Billy OKC show as well. To bring the OP full circle, see Billy Strings any and every chance you get before they start having to play arenas.
Troglodyte
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Honestly this is one of the concerts I've been looking forward to the most since even before COVID just because of the sheer gaudiness. Bummed the DFW show got moved from a weekend to a Tuesday though. I like me some Joan Jett, but I'm not sure I like Joan Jett enough to be there at 5PM.
Get there early. Joan Jett is really good.
62strat
AG
Some big names in these lists.

Proposition Joe
aggiechick said:

I am! I was also going to go by myself because people are lame but now going with brother and SIL. Just making sure it's at the new ballpark and not the old ballpark?!! It's supposed to rain so want to make sure there is a roof.

It's at the new ballpark with the roof, but I'm starting to think it may still get canceled -- tour was in San Antonio last night and unless they left right after the show I can't see how all the bands and the crews make it to Arlington to setup for a 4:30 start.
BCSWguru
That Leppard/Crue show in San Antonio was super bad ass. Agree on some of the sentiments about the bass and drums, but not sure what else they can do when they have to fill the stadium. The last three intros/openers were pretty sweet.

Proposition Joe
For anyone going tonight, they just dropped some in Section 25.
SJEAg
AG
Nice seats. Bret Michaels is clearly having the time of his life on this tour, never seen a happier performer.
Proposition Joe
At joanjett/Motley/poison/defleppard. This is the absolute trashiest crowd ever. I love it. My next 4 ex-wives have to be here.
maroon barchetta
Proposition Joe said:

At joanjett/Motley/poison/defleppard. This is the absolute trashiest crowd ever. I love it. My next 4 ex-wives have to be here.

Start living up to your username.
Proposition Joe
75% of the people here have had sex in a public restroom.
mm98
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Houston was awesomemtoo

I'm thinking of splurging for Vegas on their last night
Proposition Joe
Quick Arlington review:

Joan Jett was solid. Was surprised at how filled the stadium already was for her at 4:30 on a Monday.

Poison played with the most energy. I had never seen them so I'm sure it's the way he's always been, but Brett Michaels definitely seems to know how to work a crowd and seemed genuinely happy to be out there still playing for people.

Motley Crue... Yeesh... I had heard they would likely be the weak link, but Vince Neil looked like he was just going through the motions. You can be an out of shape front man and still work a crowd (Fat Axl, hell even Meatloaf was heavy on the theatrics), but it almost seemed like they just wheeled Neil out there in some comfortable clothing. Tommy Lee made some dick jokes and then the camera panned to what I have to assume was two large-breasted female plants in the audience showing their fake cans off in true glam-band concert fashion. Would be interested to know if these same ladies travel with the band as it definitely didn't seem spontaneous.

Def Leppard was great. Not big on actual theatrics or working the crowd, but came out there and just hammered home their hits.

I know it was a twice-postponed concert so there was a lot of time two secure tickets, but I was surprised at how packed the show was, especially with the earlier flooding. Typically when you've got 2 years of waiting you have a lot of people who decide they aren't that interested in going anymore and I was expecting the upper levels to be sparse, but I looked up during Def Leppard and you had to search for empty seats.

My only real complaint -- maybe it's permanent (and if so, that seems really short-sighted), but they left the infield netting up down the baselines... Concerts in baseball stadiums are bad enough, but when there is an unnecessary net in your sightlines it just comes off as the venue didn't really put much effort into it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Proposition Joe said:

then the camera panned to what I have to assume was two large-breasted female plants in the audience showing their fake cans off in true glam-band concert fashion. Would be interested to know if these same ladies travel with the band as it definitely didn't seem spontaneous.
Have you never been to a rock concert before?
SJEAg
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Proposition Joe said:

then the camera panned to what I have to assume was two large-breasted female plants in the audience showing their fake cans off in true glam-band concert fashion. Would be interested to know if these same ladies travel with the band as it definitely didn't seem spontaneous.
Have you never been to a rock concert before?

He's probably right. Same thing happened in Houston and the camera pan from what prompted the flash seemed too quick to be spontaneous.
62strat
AG
Quote:

and then the camera panned to what I have to assume was two large-breasted female plants in the audience showing their fake cans off in true glam-band concert fashion. Would be interested to know if these same ladies travel with the band as it definitely didn't seem spontaneous.
This guy thinks Motley crue pays two women to follow their shows so they can show their tits lol.

'glam-band concert fashion' laugh/cry face
Exposed titties have been synonymous with concerts of all rock genres for decades now.

StinkyPinky
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Quick Arlington review:

Joan Jett was solid. Was surprised at how filled the stadium already was for her at 4:30 on a Monday.

Poison played with the most energy. I had never seen them so I'm sure it's the way he's always been, but Brett Michaels definitely seems to know how to work a crowd and seemed genuinely happy to be out there still playing for people.

Motley Crue... Yeesh... I had heard they would likely be the weak link, but Vince Neil looked like he was just going through the motions. You can be an out of shape front man and still work a crowd (Fat Axl, hell even Meatloaf was heavy on the theatrics), but it almost seemed like they just wheeled Neil out there in some comfortable clothing. Tommy Lee made some dick jokes and then the camera panned to what I have to assume was two large-breasted female plants in the audience showing their fake cans off in true glam-band concert fashion. Would be interested to know if these same ladies travel with the band as it definitely didn't seem spontaneous.

Def Leppard was great. Not big on actual theatrics or working the crowd, but came out there and just hammered home their hits.

I know it was a twice-postponed concert so there was a lot of time two secure tickets, but I was surprised at how packed the show was, especially with the earlier flooding. Typically when you've got 2 years of waiting you have a lot of people who decide they aren't that interested in going anymore and I was expecting the upper levels to be sparse, but I looked up during Def Leppard and you had to search for empty seats.

My only real complaint -- maybe it's permanent (and if so, that seems really short-sighted), but they left the infield netting up down the baselines... Concerts in baseball stadiums are bad enough, but when there is an unnecessary net in your sightlines it just comes off as the venue didn't really put much effort into it.
That's funny. I had a buddy that went to the San Antonio show and he pretty much said the exact thing. MC was horrible, especially Neil. Poison was the surprise and stole the show. JJ put on a great show and drew more interest then originally thought, crowd was very much into her.
Know Your Enemy
AG
62strat said:

Quote:

and then the camera panned to what I have to assume was two large-breasted female plants in the audience showing their fake cans off in true glam-band concert fashion. Would be interested to know if these same ladies travel with the band as it definitely didn't seem spontaneous.
This guy thinks Motley crue pays two women to follow their shows so they can show their tits lol.

Exposed titties have been synonymous with concerts of all rock genres for decades now.
True but ESPECIALLY with this sub-genre. These chicks can't wait to whip out their titties even before Tommy Lee asks for them. Hell, these girls were probably strippers (current or former) who dance to these songs on stage countless times.
Proposition Joe
62strat said:

Quote:

So has been bringing people up on stage -- but surely you realize 95% of that is staged/pre-determined, no?

I'm saying that in Tommy Lee's 60 second monologue that I imagine is pretty similar throughout the tour, the camera managed to pan to two women in the crowd ready to flash their large fake breasts right at the exact time Tommy Lee was saying "I showed mine so now you have to show me yours".

With how scripted everything is with major concerts these days, I'd be surprised if that wasn't completely planned.
Know Your Enemy
AG
You do realize that videos from these shows have been all over the internet since the tour started, right? It's common knowledge when Tommy Lee walks to the front of the stage that he is going to ask for titties. The band knows it, the girls know it, the cameramen know it. It is no surprise. To think that Crue actually pays girls to go on tour with them just to sit in the crowd and whip out their hogans is dumber than thinking Vince Neil can actually sing.
Bunk Moreland
Know Your Enemy said:

You do realize that videos from these shows have been all over the internet since the tour started, right? It's common knowledge when Tommy Lee walks to the front of the stage that he is going to ask for titties. The band knows it, the girls know it, the cameramen know it. It is no surprise. To think that Crue actually pays girls to go on tour with them just to sit in the crowd and whip out their hogans is dumber than thinking Vince Neil can actually sing.

I think you'd be shocked at how much production goes into things that seem so stupid at all types of concerts and events. Have no idea if this is one of those situations or not but it would not surprise me in the least.
Whos Juan
AG
Proposition Joe said:

62strat said:

Quote:

So has been bringing people up on stage -- but surely you realize 95% of that is staged/pre-determined, no?

I'm saying that in Tommy Lee's 60 second monologue that I imagine is pretty similar throughout the tour, the camera managed to pan to two women in the crowd ready to flash their large fake breasts right at the exact time Tommy Lee was saying "I showed mine so now you have to show me yours".

With how scripted everything is with major concerts these days, I'd be surprised if that wasn't completely planned.

no
Proposition Joe
Know Your Enemy said:

Crue literally pays girls to grind up on stage, it's not a stretch that a handful of groupies travel with the band and/or are ready for their cue every night.

I know you know how much of these major tours are completely scripted. You think they are going to risk panning to some woman flashing her fried eggs hanging on a nail? These aren't the debauchery tours of the 80's and 90's -- there's very little that is impromptu.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Videos are all over the internet so it would be pretty easy to see if they are the same chicks at every show. I think some of you truly underestimate how many women are willing & ready to flash and how many sets of fakers are out there, especially in DFW.
Proposition Joe
Don't think I won't spend all day researching this.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I look forward to the results of your research. The product the Crue is putting on stage is already pathetic enough but if they've fallen so far that they have to plant stunt tits in the crowd I will lose the last little bit of respect I had for them.
62strat
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Crue literally pays girls to grind up on stage, it's not a stretch that a handful of groupies travel with the band and/or are ready for their cue every night.

I know you know how much of these major tours are completely scripted. You think they are going to risk panning to some woman flashing her fried eggs hanging on a nail? These aren't the debauchery tours of the 80's and 90's -- there's very little that is impromptu.
Sorry man.. but your logic is laughable. Girls dancing on stage are a different story, yes those are part of the tour. But flashing in the crowd.. yes Tommy's little speech is scripted and the same every night before home sweet home apparently.. but these are all different chicks.

Tommy is literally saying 'I haven't seen any tiddies', and you don't think it's plausible that a camera man can find a good looking set in the crowd in a half a second??

Proposition Joe
I need to see more proof.
62strat
AG
Man, I keep find myself revisiting the Cleveland one. That is a hell of a rack for a random girl.
Know Your Enemy
AG
62strat said:

Man, I keep find myself revisiting the Cleveland one. That is a hell of a rack for a random girl.
SHE'S A HIRED GUN!
SJEAg
AG
Well, regardless it must be more difficult these days for poor Tommy. This isn't a 1980s rock concert where there are thousands of hot young girls going crazy on the floor. Conservatively, 80% of the crowd was middle aged and probably 98% of the females were a no-go of wanting to see what they had to offer.

The people watching at a Crue concert is entertaining now in an entirely different way.

I will say The Nasty Habits are much hotter than the 80s versions.
62strat
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

62strat said:

SHE'S A HIRED GUN!
This plant they hired in Arlington, the dude in the pink shirt, I heard he got fired because he didn't comply.

BCSWguru
thats video from San Antonio Im fairly certain.
tk for tu juan

Fistful of Steel, last played live in 1997
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cue the asinine "Rage FOR The Machine" comments like they're so original or clever.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Just announced today that I suppose I'm adding but really pissed the shows aren't in Dallas or Houston prior to both weekends of ACL:

Billy Strings at Stubb's BBQ 8/6 and 8/13. Really would prefer to avoid Austin like the plague during that time but can't really miss Billy's debut performances there either.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.