2022 Concerts

83,060 Views | 1123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
High school classmate that goes to a LOT of shows saw them in Houston and San Antonio.

Enjoyed houston.

Said the San Antonio show wasn't as good and they cut some songs from the set list.
Know Your Enemy
AG
The setlist was super short which is a main reason why I ended up bailing last night. A friend of mine was front row. Said it was nut to butt in there. No surprise the FD shut it down.
maroon barchetta
Anybody used electronic hearing protection for concerts?

If so, do you recommend anything that works well?

I'm looking at these.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ER125-MPE--etymotic-research-etymotic-music-pro-elite-rechargeable-musicians-earplugs-with-active-hearing-pro

Or possibly these

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MusicPro915--etymotic-research-mp-9-15-music-pro-electronic-earplugs-universal-fit

Know Your Enemy
AG
I'd rather go deaf then wear hearing protection like a poon
maroon barchetta
I would like to keep enjoying concerts as long as I want.
Know Your Enemy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I would like to keep enjoying concerts as long as I want.

I was joking. Mostly.
Claude!
I wore ear protection for Maiden. Lot of folks weren't.
maroon barchetta
Claude! said:

I wore ear protection for Maiden. Lot of folks weren't.

Eargasm?
D'Addario?
KidDoc
AG
I use eargasm for indoor shows. I need to hear for work.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
My D'Addario plugs worked pretty well at ZZ Top but I'm seeing Satriani soon and think I might need more protection.
Claude!
Eargasm. I had to occasionally adjust them, but they worked well. Could hear the music clearly but wasn't overpowered by it, even when I was feeling it in my chest.
Know Your Enemy
AG
62strat
AG
Man usually I don't know much past the second row or so on these festival posters.. but I've heard of almost every one of those bands.

I must be a metalhead lol.
BCSWguru
will see a couple of those bands tomorrow night at the Haute Spot. thats a pretty impressive list of rock bands.
StinkyPinky
AG
This is beyond phenomenal. Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Sisters of Mercy, KMFDM, TKK, Killing Joke and that's just my industrial side doing back flips. Throw in SOAD, Melvins, Soulfly, Hoobatank...greatness
62strat
AG
GA+ adds ~$200 and all it adds is a/c restrooms and dedicated line entry?
Then VIP adds $100 but only adds charging stations?

Jesus. The crap people pay for.
Know Your Enemy
AG
There are some well known names all the way down to the bottom line. You may be a metal head but even non-metal heads are going to know a ton of these bands.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thinking about going to this one.
jetch17
AG
It's not in the big field by Mandalay Bay, is it?
jorgerr96
Metallica show last night was great. Only songs off the first two albums. Great merch as well. Flying back now

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkrV0HqO_y1/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Just a few more shows left for me this year (only one more where I have to travel off state) but crossing the 100 shows in one year mark. Def not aiming at that again
tk for tu juan
jetch17 said:

No, it is an open-air venue north of Circus-Circus. Also originally thought it was the area near Mandalay Bay and searched google maps to see the actual location
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Orgy, Placebo, Ville Valo (HIM), Alien Ant Farm, POD, SOAD....

It's like they literally took the soundtrack of my junior high and high school days.
tk for tu juan
Really need Biohazard added to complete the lineup
johnnyblaze36
AG
Finally getting around to posting about Billy Strings. The second week of Stubb's was the best Billy show I've seen out of 10. Blew way past curfew and played from 8:35-12:10 with a short intermission. 34 songs total and when the venue cut the PA the 5 piece came to the front of the stage and played "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?" as the crowd sang in unison.

And the first show of my life I never left my spot once to go to a beer line or the bathroom. Wasn't going to make the same mistake again. Pics kinda suck but it was nuts to butts there.

https://www.jambase.com/article/billy-strings-austin-unamplified-will-the-circle-be-unbroken-setlist-video

On to OKC at the Criterion. A friend of mine saw Goose there the night before and said people were already camped out for rail spots for the next day of Billy which was insane to me. Knowing that this would likely be my last chance at a close up spot, I wanted to get in early. Well that wasn't happening. Got there at 3 pm for doors at 6:30 and the line was 400 deep at least. Went to the bar, walked in for show at 7 to start at 8 and the entire floor was already packed to the very back where the bar was.

The show was ridiculous as well. Then I get back last week from Cali to find out that Billy announced many of the venues for 2023 and many are now unfortunately indoor professional sports arenas holding 20K and nearly all sold out on day 1. What the hell. I just saw them indoors at White Oak in Houston 11 months ago. Talk about a meteoric rise.

Can't wait for the 2 night NYE in NOLA run up next. Go see them if they are ever anywhere close to you. I assume the two Austin dates next June will be at the large Moody venue and going on sale soon.

StinkyPinky
AG
jetch17 said:

Other end, next to Stratosphere
johnnyblaze36
AG
Last week we went to the Hollywood Bowl for Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs opening for the Who. Never seen the Who before and holy cow they were amazing. Had a 30 piece orchestra with them for the first set, then was just the Who for second set, and 3rd set with orchestra again. That venue is so freaking incredible and I can't wait to go back some day. It's crazy how good the sound is there and not a bad spot in the house.

Dirty Knobs:

The Who:

Next night onto Ben Harper opening for Harry Styles at the Forum. Ben is my favorite musician of all time but I didn't know what to expect. Played 9 songs (only two Innocent Criminals tracks) and had his two kids play with him as well which was great.

As for Harry Styles, I went in knowing maybe three of his songs. What a performer that guy is and the crowd energy was incredible. I think I was the only person in the building not singing every song. Ticket prices were pretty outrageous but we scored a decent pair on stubhub day before that turned out to be the side where the T extends to so it worked out. What a trip. And now I'm out with the flu. Magically caught it right after that disgusting game ended on Saturday. Zzzzzzzz.

jorgerr96

I use regular earplugs (Earasers) and like them a lot but I too would like to hear personal reviews on these
maroon barchetta
jorgerr96 said:

I use regular earplugs (Earasers) and like them a lot but I too would like to hear personal reviews on these

Yeah. There aren't enough reviews on Sweetwater. I'll need to dig up some more.
Proposition Joe
Got my emo rock fix last weekend - "private" Airborne Toxic Event show at tiny club in Cambridge, MA.

BCSWguru
Lit, Alien Ant Farm, and Hoobastank still bring it. Haute Spot is a pretty sweet venue, stage is too low, however.

TXAG 05
AG
Amon Amarth tonight in Houston.
Jim01
AG
Grabbed Taylor tickets for the Sunday NRG show. Ticketmaster is just trash. Presale started at 10:00 for the verified fans (which signing up for shut down their system 2 weeks ago) and 15 minutes in they had to pause the queue for over an hour. I started about 1400 in the queue and I didn't get to the front until almost 6:00. Nuts!

For reference I was probably around the same place in queue for Garth at NRG and was in and out in 30 minutes.

Prices were also nuts. $100 tickets in 500 level, then it jumped to $199 for 200, $299 for 100, and I think $399 for field seats. We went with 500 level because my wife, daughter and I have all seen her twice before.

Seriously though Ticketmaster, what do you do with all that money from those fees? Clearly you don't invest in servers and IT enough.
Diggity
AG
Total trash system.

I now have a very angry wife and daughter
TXAG 05
AG
Jim01 said:

Grabbed Taylor tickets for the Sunday NRG show. Ticketmaster is just trash. Presale started at 10:00 for the verified fans (which signing up for shut down their system 2 weeks ago) and 15 minutes in they had to pause the queue for over an hour. I started about 1400 in the queue and I didn't get to the front until almost 6:00. Nuts!

For reference I was probably around the same place in queue for Garth at NRG and was in and out in 30 minutes.

Prices were also nuts. $100 tickets in 500 level, then it jumped to $199 for 200, $299 for 100, and I think $399 for field seats. We went with 500 level because my wife, daughter and I have all seen her twice before.

Seriously though Ticketmaster, what do you do with all that money from those fees? Clearly you don't invest in servers and IT enough.

Damn. That's almost George Strait prices.
LandArchSA
AG
It was crazy...but reading twitter responses was high entertainment while I waited. Logged in at 9:30am and finally bought tickets at almost 3pm. $200 for 300 level tickets. Steep but not as bad as I think I was expecting. Reaction from my daughter when we told her we got tix...priceless.

Neighbor got tickets to an Arlington show and they were directed to Seatgeek instead of Ticketmaster. Had never seen that before. They were in and out pretty quickly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.