2022 Concerts

83,082 Views | 1123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No way I'm giving up a good spot for a drink.
johnnyblaze36
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Well actually had to hit the head first which is all the way in the very back. Next week I may have to smuggle in a flask and a catheter.

Billy streaming from ACL Festival on Hulu at 8 pm tonight btw.
maroon barchetta
Having to hit the head is another thing entirely.
Tibbers
maroon barchetta said:

Tibbers said:

Should have gone to see Andrew Bird at the White Oak Music Hall. Amazing band, amazing music, a show like I had never seen before with a fully engaged crowd the whole time. Loved every minute of it!

What kind of music? I'm not familiar.

Hard to describe so I'll just drop this here:
agdoc2001
AG
Tibbers said:

Should have gone to see Andrew Bird at the White Oak Music Hall. Amazing band, amazing music, a show like I had never seen before with a fully engaged crowd the whole time. Loved every minute of it!
Saw him perform inside an old historic church in downtown Chicago - was such a great show.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TAZ99
AG
Pumpkins at Moody Center in Austin. Billy hit his stride midset with Cherub Rock, Zero, 1979. Certainly wasn't a long set, they even cut a couple songs at the end. Not sure James wants to be there. Chamberlin killed it on Silverfk and his shortened drum solo.
Notes on the Moody center: acoustics were odd for the first few songs, upper seating is ice cold, $15 for one gawdamm beer.

Bunk Moreland
johnnyblaze36 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Well actually had to hit the head first which is all the way in the very back

Just go man. Just go.
Tibbers
He's back for another 4 night stand at the same church this year. I really might fly up and see him. He's so gifted musically.
cc10106
Tibbers said:

I regret not going. Would have liked to cross him and Iron & Wine off the list in one show, but I'll do what I have to do to see Bird live eventually.

Looking forward to this one:
10/27 - Futurebirds @ Last Concert Cafe

Will probably see Nikki Lane there the week before as well. Her new album was produced by Josh Homme and sounds like country QOTSA.
BCSWguru
Anyone seen Midland live? Worth a 90 mile trip?
TXAG 05
AG
LSCSN said:

Anyone seen Midland live? Worth a 90 mile trip?

They put on a great show.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah I enjoyed seeing them live. 90 mile drive is nothing to me so that wouldn't be a factor at all. Given I live in CS that's basically what I have to do at minimum to see anyone good.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Yeah I enjoyed seeing them live. 90 mile drive is nothing to me so that wouldn't be a factor at all. Given I live in CS that's basically what I have to do at minimum to see anyone good.
Which is a ridiculous tragedy to this day. I'll never understand how a town with 60K college kids or whatever the number is these days that's centrally located to all major Texas cities can't get a nice 1,500 person or so venue that draws 2nd or 3rd tier acts consistently. Really the only drawback to living here imo.
Bunk Moreland
Agree completely. B/CS not having a production company or any motivation to draw big acts here is mind boggling.

Kyle Field and Reed Arena could host so many major acts and draw tons of tickets. The twin city metro area is 250k population WITHOUT 70k 18-22 year olds going to Blinn and A&M.

It's such a missed opportunity imo.
johnnyblaze36
AG
If I ever win the lottery I'll open a venue and bring you in as co-head of booking.
BCSWguru
Thanks for the info on Midland. Like their tunes, never know on live shows. Can't beat 15 bucks for a show.
BCSWguru
Midland was indeed delightful. 7 member band and delicious harmonies.

Tibbers
I really like the white oak music hall's approach. I wonder if it's possible to partner up with their booking team and construct something similar. Hell, all you need is their inside facility, no need for an outdoor venue especially in hot as hell Texas. Lol the main problem I see would be college station's lack of affordable and available flights. But most bands tour on bus now anyway, so I dunno. We have the grand Stafford but they don't get any recognizable names at all. It's odd for sure, but I think we could get this done.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Who's seeing Vai tonight in Houston?

I'm expecting lots of old men in ponytails.
maroon barchetta
Ducks4brkfast said:

Not me.

I wish but have too much going on and am seeing Satch next month.
goadius6
AG
cc10106 said:

Tibbers said:

I regret not going. Would have liked to cross him and Iron & Wine off the list in one show, but I'll do what I have to do to see Bird live eventually.

Looking forward to this one:
10/27 - Futurebirds @ Last Concert Cafe

Will probably see Nikki Lane there the week before as well. Her new album was produced by Josh Homme and sounds like country QOTSA.
Is Illiterate Light playing with Futurebirds at LCC? if so, you definitely should go see them as well, they're great 2-man band. They're playing together in Dallas and i'll be at that one.
goadius6
AG
Goose this saturday at southside ballroom in Dallas
Ducks4brkfast
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Not me.

I wish but have too much going on and am seeing Satch next month.
Yes, Satriani is on deck as well.
Echoes97
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Here! No ponytail but will be middle aged man in concert t-shirt and jeans.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Jim01
AG
Scored a pit ticket to Dead and Company at Wrigley field for June 9th. I plan to just wait to score a cheap ticket for the June 10th show. Will be my first concert centric trip. Looking forward to it.
Flashdiaz
AG
LSCSN said:

don't think i've ever seen a dude on another dude's shoulders for a better view at a concert. Different times I guess...
maroon barchetta
There are four of those in that photo. It's odd. Could have been an outstanding photo otherwise.
62strat
AG
Oh my gosh.. poor candlebox and soul asylum. Do they have any idea what their management has done to them?

spadilly
S
I saw Blink182 tickets were $350 for floor and decent first level tickets at Toyota Center. Then checked the cheap upper deck for giggles and they were all over $100 each.

Absolutely passed on those. I've seen them several times with the original lineup and once with Matt filling in for Tom. Glad I saw them before....I will not be spending that type of money for them this year.
spadilly
S
I did, however, but two lower level seats for Ed Sheeran at NRG when they went on sale today. No shame. I'm an acoustic guitar player myself and have heard he puts on an amazing show.

Judge me. I don't care.
BCSWguru
Flashdiaz said:

LSCSN said:

don't think i've ever seen a dude on another dude's shoulders for a better view at a concert. Different times I guess...
for fairness, the singer encouraged anyone to partake in this activity, both man and woman alike

i'm so old though, back in my day, there would have been more things being shown to the band
goadius6
AG
Jim01 said:

Scored a pit ticket to Dead and Company at Wrigley field for June 9th. I plan to just wait to score a cheap ticket for the June 10th show. Will be my first concert centric trip. Looking forward to it.
Wife and i will be traveling to Chicago for both nights, went ahead and passed on the presales based off Reddit discussions. May look to secure during general on-sale friday.

Have heard mixed reviews but sounds like the stands are still very good seats at wrigley, most people say Pit is great, so trying to decide what to do, think i may try and get good seats since my wife will likely want a chair and last minute may try and sell for a pit
Jim01
AG
Yeah I saw tons of post on reddit about not doing presale. Wrigley sales are outside of TicketMaster though so a lot of people beefs didn't apply to the Wrigley show. I mean I got the pit ticket at face value, so not sure why I wouldn't have done it that way. It was worth it to secure that one ticket. The other I'll just wait on and get a deal somewhere.
62strat
AG
spadilly said:

I saw Blink182 tickets were $350 for floor and decent first level tickets at Toyota Center. Then checked the cheap upper deck for giggles and they were all over $100 each.

Absolutely passed on those. I've seen them several times with the original lineup and once with Matt filling in for Tom. Glad I saw them before....I will not be spending that type of money for them this year.
I saw Green Day and Blink 182 together at the woodlands.. circa 2002 (not a concert I'd go to, but there was a girl I was chasing at the time time who loved Billie J so surprised her with tickets)

I can't remember exactly but I think I paid like $200 for the pair for pit tickets, which to me at the time seemed so crazy high! We were on the rail for that show. I'm a live music fan, so any show on the rail can be a good time in my opinion, whether you like the music or not!
Know Your Enemy
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.