2022 Concerts

82,404 Views | 1123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KidDoc said:

BBRex said:

Anyone else going to see Iron Maiden in Austin tonight? I've been looking forward to this one for a while.
This will be the first time I miss their Texas tour in many years. But a Tuesday night in Austin just doesn't work for me (I'm in College Station).

I am going to Sammy Hagar Friday night and Scorpions next Saturday in San Antonio though!

Don't you have a new Vette?

You can be home in an hour from Austin!
KidDoc
AG
maroon barchetta said:

KidDoc said:

BBRex said:

Anyone else going to see Iron Maiden in Austin tonight? I've been looking forward to this one for a while.
This will be the first time I miss their Texas tour in many years. But a Tuesday night in Austin just doesn't work for me (I'm in College Station).

I am going to Sammy Hagar Friday night and Scorpions next Saturday in San Antonio though!

Don't you have a new Vette?

You can be home in an hour from Austin!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
Has Claudio touched your Vette?
maroon barchetta
Also, a friend had that same Dean guitar that Sammy is playing but in brown.
Spaceship
AG
rhutton125 said:

Saw the Killers in Ft Worth this past Saturday and it was a damn good show. Plenty of hits - looks like they played 11 of the 15 songs from their 2013 greatest hits album, but also some new stuff (since they were touring with two whole albums worth of content since COVID). Brandon Flowers is a pretty great frontman, lots of energy and crowd involvement, etc.

My Own Soul's Warning
Enterlude (from Sam's Town)
When You Were Young
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Smile Like You Mean It
Shot at the Night
Cody
Human
Somebody Told Me
Fire in Bone
Boy
Runaway Horses
A Dustland Fairytale
You Were Always On My Mind (Gwen McCrae cover)
Runaways
Read My Mind
Dying Breed
Caution (with Rut intro)
All These Things That I've Done (with a When the Dreams Run Dry intro per fan request)

Encore:
Spaceman
You Just Haven't Earned it, Baby (The Smiths cover, with Johnny Marr)
Mr. Brightside

I was there too and the show was fantastic. Tons of fun and every song was great.
Counterpoint
AG
Spaceship said:

rhutton125 said:

Saw the Killers in Ft Worth this past Saturday and it was a damn good show. Plenty of hits - looks like they played 11 of the 15 songs from their 2013 greatest hits album, but also some new stuff (since they were touring with two whole albums worth of content since COVID). Brandon Flowers is a pretty great frontman, lots of energy and crowd involvement, etc.

My Own Soul's Warning
Enterlude (from Sam's Town)
When You Were Young
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Smile Like You Mean It
Shot at the Night
Cody
Human
Somebody Told Me
Fire in Bone
Boy
Runaway Horses
A Dustland Fairytale
You Were Always On My Mind (Gwen McCrae cover)
Runaways
Read My Mind
Dying Breed
Caution (with Rut intro)
All These Things That I've Done (with a When the Dreams Run Dry intro per fan request)

Encore:
Spaceman
You Just Haven't Earned it, Baby (The Smiths cover, with Johnny Marr)
Mr. Brightside

I was there too and the show was fantastic. Tons of fun and every song was great.

Nice! Hope they have a similar setlist at the makeup Houston show.
maroon barchetta
My brother and nephew saw Iron Maiden and Trivium last night in Austin. He sent me a couple of videos. It looked incredible!

I would love to catch them again. Last time was in the 80's.
62strat
AG
Man I'm torn on whether or not to go to Pearl Jam.

I bought the tickets third party back in March of 2020, so it's been a while, and that money is sunken at this point. I could probably sell for $1000 (front row club level) and profit a few hundred bucks.

Reality is, I like Ten front to back, then for vs and vitalogy, I like the singles, and that's where it ends with me.

Looking at setlists, it's of course all over the place.. back in may they had cameron out from covid, and had Krusen sit in one night, and played nearly all of Ten; that would have been a dream setlist.

The most recent 6-7 shows they play anywhere from 3-4 songs off ten, then maybe another single off vs/vitalogy, so it's a lot of money to see 6-7 songs.

Though the other night at MSG, they played 10 songs off the first two albums, plus chloe dancer/crown of thorns. I would be elated to get a setlist like that and wouldn't even question going.

As much as I respect artists like them that change it up every night.. and I mean completely different sets, it sure doesn't help a fan like myself who only knows/likes a third of their catalog.
I really wish I could find out what they are playing!

I've never seen them. My wife was a die hard fan in when they burst on the scene and met them and saw them in 93/94 or so, but hasn't seen them since as her fandom depth is just like mine.. it stops at vitalogy.

Their US album sales, in album order, are 13x plat, 7x plat, 5x plat, plat, plat, then gold for most recent 6, so clearly a lot of fans are just like me. It's a wonder they don't consistently put a lot more of their classic stuff in shows.

To compare, I've seen Alice in chains about 10 times since 2007ish, and every show is 75% '90-'95 hits, with a few of whatever is new sprinkled in. They seem to get it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
PJ is great live.
Jim01
AG
PJ is on my bucket list but they never come to Texas it seems.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Jim01 said:

PJ is on my bucket list but they never come to Texas it seems.
Saw them in Texas 3 in a row in '98, 3 in a row in 2003, and Dallas (and OKC) in 2013. Missed them at ACL awhile back.

Can't wait for OKC Thursday after waiting for 2.5 years. It's the only ticket I held onto since all of the cancelations by everyone in 2020.

62strat-you should definitely go since you have never seen them. I'm biased as they are my second favorite band of all time but their shows are phenomenal. I'm a little disappointed that they've shortened their setlists on this tour but they still cranked out 24 songs at MSG on 9/11 the other night.

I did not care much at all for "Gigaton" and am hoping they only play a song or two off of it but I'll be happy with whatever they play. The 2013 OKC show was the best I've seen of theirs.
BBQ Bevo
AG
62strat said:

maroon barchetta said:

Proposition Joe said:

Killers Houston postponed until March of 2023.... Gonna be 2.5 years since original scheduled date.

Reason?
the reason is you.
For Reasons Unknown is the proper response.

I went to the FTW show and it was solid. If you arrived late and missed Johnny Marr, you missed a legend.
jorgerr96
I saw Maiden last night. I feel next tour gotta be their last. Only Steve and Adrian seemed to have 100% energy on stage. Bruce was great except for Run to the Hills, which he butchered. Nicko seems to be slowing down a bit as well. Dave is the one guy that is tired of touring and well Janick is just there I guess. It's always great to see Maiden live but this show was just my least favorite one so far. I will say, very impressed with the reception of the first 3 songs on the set off the new album, and the crowd was really good considering Austin is not a metal town.

maroon barchetta
My brother and nephew enjoyed it! Said the sound was much better than in the Erwin Center but the men's room could have used about a dozen more urinals.
johnnyblaze36
AG
62strat said:

I bought the tickets third party back in March of 2020, so it's been a while, and that money is sunken at this point. I could probably sell for $1000 (front row club level) and profit a few hundred bucks.

Reality is, I like Ten front to back, then for vs and vitalogy, I like the singles, and that's where it ends with me.

Looking at setlists, it's of course all over the place.. back in may they had cameron out from covid, and had Krusen sit in one night, and played nearly all of Ten; that would have been a dream setlist.

The most recent 6-7 shows they play anywhere from 3-4 songs off ten, then maybe another single off vs/vitalogy, so it's a lot of money to see 6-7 songs.

Though the other night at MSG, they played 10 songs off the first two albums, plus chloe dancer/crown of thorns. I would be elated to get a setlist like that and wouldn't even question going.

As much as I respect artists like them that change it up every night.. and I mean completely different sets, it sure doesn't help a fan like myself who only knows/likes a third of their catalog.

I've never seen them. My wife was a die hard fan in when they burst on the scene and met them and saw them in 93/94 or so, but hasn't seen them since as her fandom depth is just like mine.. it stops at vitalogy.

Their US album sales, in album order, are 13x plat, 7x plat, 5x plat, plat, plat, then gold for most recent 6, so clearly a lot of fans are just like me. It's a wonder they don't consistently put a lot more of their classic stuff in shows.

To compare, I've seen Alice in chains about 10 times since 2007ish, and every show is 75% '90-'95 hits, with a few of whatever is new sprinkled in. They seem to get it.

Since I reread this, I have to highlight a few parts:

-They don't change up the setlists all that much like a jamband would. Maybe just the order, but they'll still likely play a ton of the the massive singles you liked off of "Ten", "Vs", and "Vitalogy". Each to their own, but "No Code" and "Yield" are incredible albums right after.

-"No Code" threw a lot of people off after the mainstream success of those first three, and it still may not do it for you, but I'd encourage you to give it another listen. To me it's a true masterpiece and the sign of a great band that can shy away from radio hits and do their own thing and it happens to be my favorite of theirs.

-Jealous of your wife seeing and meeting them my freshman year of high school. Surprised she lost interest after Vitalogy but y'all are not alone. But for a die hard fan, it seems you're few and far between.

-Layne Staley has been dead for 20 years now so of course the great Alice in Chains will be playing most of the 90's hits. They've put out mildly decent albums since imo (and admittedly I have not seen them since) but imagine Pearl Jam without Vedder? There is no replacement for either.

*I say all the above not to sound negative but rather just to encourage you to GO! And then post about your experience and pics. I think you'll both love it all.

62strat
AG
Quote:

-Layne Staley has been dead for 20 years now so of course the great Alice in Chains will be playing most of the 90's hits. They've put out mildly decent albums since imo (and admittedly I have not seen them since) but imagine Pearl Jam without Vedder? There is no replacement for either.

As surprising as it may seem, they've had 3 albums with Layne and 3 with Will, but hey have more #1 rock radio hits with Will in the modern era.

Now I get it; their grunge era will never be topped, but they've clearly had decent success in modern era, with 4 #1 rock radio hits and 7 top #5 hits, and 2 of their 3 modern albums breaking #5 on billboard.
That makes them more than just a legacy act, they are a valid modern rock act.

But, those modern hits are the only new songs you'll hear at a concert; your decision, check my brain, stone, hollow... Then, instead of digging into deep cuts of new material, they fill the rest of the show with 90s.

I guess a big difference is catalog size. AIC has 6 albums; PJ has, 11. So there is a lot of ground to cover on all those albums.

Rylo02
AG
Anybody headed to Breaking Benjamin and AIC tomorrow night at Cynthia Woods?

A friend I grew up with got us some pretty good seats so I figured that would be more enjoyable than the agony of screaming at my tv for four hours of Aggie Football.
62strat
AG
Rylo02 said:

Anybody headed to Breaking Benjamin and AIC tomorrow night at Cynthia Woods?

A friend I grew up with got us some pretty good seats so I figured that would be more enjoyable than the agony of screaming at my tv for four hours of Aggie Football.
Don't forget the opener.. Bush!

All 3 put on a great show in Denver.
Sixdrakes
AG
62strat said:

I went to the LA Night 1 and MSG shows. I'm going to the OKC and Denver shows next week. You will not regret going to see them live. Every concert of theirs I have been to has been a unique experience. The energy from the crowd is unexplainable until you've experienced it yourself. They typically put on really good shows in Oklahoma and the Denver show is the last of the 2022 tour. I expect both of these shows to be beyond my expectations. Again, I highly recommend you keeping the tickets and attending the show.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I was at both Wrigley shows filmed for Let's Play Two. Both were great but the Saturday show was magical. One of the best concerts I've ever attended.
BCSWguru
best place for parking at a Moody Center show??
Echoes97
AG
Yep, I'll be there with several friends, sitting down pretty close, but off to the side (101 row F). Looking forward to it, seen AiC at least 4 times, and Jerry 2x solo, always awesome.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
maroon barchetta
Echoes lives!
johnnyblaze36
AG
Echoes97 said:

Yep, I'll be there with several friends, sitting down pretty close, but off to the side (101 row F). Looking forward to it, seen AiC at least 4 times, and Jerry 2x solo, always awesome.
I don't know if you heard but I remember you mentioning knowing Chris Holt and having played with him before. He joined Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs as their full time guitarist a few weeks ago and is on tour with them right now. Going to see them at Ohana Festival on October 1st and then again on November 1st opening for The Who at the Hollywood Bowl for the tour ender.

He said he's having a great time and Mike credited him for "saving the tour" after they fired their old guitarist and that it's been surreal going nose to nose every night with one of his top 10 guitar idols. So happy for the guy. Here he is to the right of Mike:

I don't know if this will pull up but here is Mike inducting him into the band officially. Really cool.

https://www.facebook.com/MikeCampbellOfficial/videos/769253404295299
beanbean
Saw Iron Maiden at the BOK center in Tulsa night. Bucket list concert for me. Been a fan since I was a kid in the 80's but for some damn reason never saw them live. Freaking amazing. I can die a happy man now.

NoHo Hank
AG
Saw maiden in Austin this week and gonna see them again I'm October in Columbus with within temptation opening for them. Pretty stoked for that
beanbean
NoHo Hank said:

Saw maiden in Austin this week and gonna see them again I'm October in Columbus with within temptation opening for them. Pretty stoked for that

My wife begrudgingly went with me last night because she's never really been a Maiden fan, but then said it was one of the best concerts she's ever been to and then bought 2 concert shirts on our way out. She got one of cool 3/4 sleeve raglans they are selling. I also wanted one but they didnt have it in my size.
KidDoc
AG
Glad you loved it! I've seen them at least 5 times and they are incredible. The shots from their Facebook page made it look like a really big crowd.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
Sammy Hagar continues to put on incredible shows. Just one hit after another at the Woodlands Friday night including "Where Eagles Fly" which I have never seen live despite attending 8 or 9 shows over the last 29 years.

BTHOthatguy
Surprised my son by busting him out of school and jumping a flight to Nashville to see Pearl Jam. Of course they killed.
beanbean
So not only did I get to see that Iron Maiden show in Tulsa on Thursday, but now I'm seeing Pearl Jam in OKC on Tuesday.

The funny story about that is that I bought those PJ tickets in the summer of 2019 like some of the rest of you. I hadn't been keeping up at all with the rescheduling of that concert so I had zero clue it was coming up so quick.

I got an email from Ticketmaster last week about loading those Iron Maiden tickets to my phone. When I went to their site, it also said I have these PJ tickets to load too for Sept. 20. Nice freaking surprise! I'd almost given up on ever seeing that show.

This will be my 4th time seeing PJ. Saw them in OKC in 94 on the Vs. tour, then saw them twice on the lightning bolt tour when they hit OKC and Tulsa.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm shocked Sammy played 8 or 9 shows TOTAL in that time without Eagles Fly in the set list.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Killers was one of the first big shows I went to. (Austin, 2007)

Still one of the best shows I've ever been to, and they only had two albums at the time. But it helps that both of them had a whole ton of bangers.
BCSWguru
saw Alan Jackson at Moody last night. That dude can sing. But he's not well. I wasnt aware that nerve disorder he has is so bad. Wont be another like him.

aggiechick
Also saw Alan Jackson last night but in Dallas. Such a good, laid back concert. His voice is like butter. The AAC was packed but didn't seem like it.

Side note: they stopped selling alcohol at 9:00 which was so strange to me!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.