2022 Concerts

83,333 Views | 1123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ziggy Marley and Jack Johnson were great tonight at the Woodlands.

Meant thumbs up but missed.
johnnyblaze36
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Ziggy Marley and Jack Johnson were great tonight at the Woodlands.

Meant thumbs up but missed.
Nice. Looking forward to Sunday in Dallas. Thumbs up.
62strat
AG
Alice In Chains, breaking Benjamin and bush tonight. Hard to beat considering $10 lawn tickets.
jetch17
AG
Toadies last night in Houston - good set, but of a weird crowd being out in the burbs

TXAG 05
AG
jetch17 said:

Toadies last night in Houston - good set, but of a weird crowd being out in the burbs

Where was that? Had no idea they were in town
jetch17
AG
Out in cypress at 'The Barn at Frio' - they're playing a few tx shows ahead of the national tour coming up
spadilly
S
I saw ads for Lit and Hoobastank playing a show soon at the same place. Cypress getting wild!
Know Your Enemy
AG
spadilly said:

I saw ads for Lit and Hoobastank playing a show soon at the same place. Cypress getting wild!

I'm sure dozens of people are anxiously awaiting that show.
maroon barchetta
Know Your Enemy said:

spadilly said:

I'm sure dozens of people are anxiously awaiting that show.

I would like to have the money they made off of The Reason.
ORAggieFan
So far I've seen Joshua Radin, Trombone Shorty and The Head and the Heart. Tomorrow I see Def Leopard/Motley Cru. Also have DMB and Elton John.
superunknown
AG
Didn't realize Band of Horses and Black Keys are playing tonight not terribly far from me.

What say you? I've seen Black Keys and would love to see them again. Anyone else seen them on this tour?
goadius6
AG
I've only seen Black Keys back in 2014 at Hangout Fest and they were fantastic.

have seen Band of Horses a few times, listened to them a ton in college.

I have tickets to their show together in dallas at fair park but i also got the tickets during Live nation summer sale and there $20. Still pretty pumped to go see them though
TXAG 05
AG
Only seen Black Keys once, but they were great. Definitely go if you are a fan.
superunknown
AG
Saw them ar ACL back around 2010 or so. Didn't make it last night, some things came up and it didn't work out.
Proposition Joe
Killers Houston postponed until March of 2023.... Gonna be 2.5 years since original scheduled date.
maroon barchetta
Proposition Joe said:

Killers Houston postponed until March of 2023.... Gonna be 2.5 years since original scheduled date.

Reason?
62strat
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Proposition Joe said:

Reason?
the reason is you.
dustin999
AG
Yeah please nobody mention the best concert tour of 2022... Morgan Wallen
spadilly
S
This is all I have seen so far:

Their website still shows Austin and Ft Worth on 9/9 and 9/10. Frustrating.
jorgerr96

Finally got to see a Ghost solo show. Had to miss Spiritbox as it clashed with the M&G time. Mastodon were incredible.

https://instagr.am/p/Ch-5eyjLUdJ

Last night I went to see Courtney Barnett at ACL Live. She had 2 openers, both who were absolutely good and now I am browsing for their releases on vinyl.

Flying to LA to see John Williams tomorrow. Gonna be crazy to hear some of his classic movie scores live.
maroon barchetta
You are winning.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Imagine Dragons put on one heck of a show last night in Dallas at the Dos Equis Pavilion
deadhead aggie
AG
just relocated to eastern Tennessee and bought my first tickets for a local concert….Bela Fleck with the Symphony of the Mountains in late September….2 seats, second row, dead center….$70 all in….nice
aggiechick
Also saw Imagine Dragons in Dallas last night. Never have seen them and came away very impressed. (Except for the bass player. Could not stand him for some reason. I mean he's the guy that wore his own band's t-shirt=Whip.). High energy, great graphics and vocals. And the lead singer was easy on the eyes with his shirt off.
rhutton125
AG
Saw the Killers in Ft Worth this past Saturday and it was a damn good show. Plenty of hits - looks like they played 11 of the 15 songs from their 2013 greatest hits album, but also some new stuff (since they were touring with two whole albums worth of content since COVID). Brandon Flowers is a pretty great frontman, lots of energy and crowd involvement, etc.

My Own Soul's Warning
Enterlude (from Sam's Town)
When You Were Young
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Smile Like You Mean It
Shot at the Night
Cody
Human
Somebody Told Me
Fire in Bone
Boy
Runaway Horses
A Dustland Fairytale
You Were Always On My Mind (Gwen McCrae cover)
Runaways
Read My Mind
Dying Breed
Caution (with Rut intro)
All These Things That I've Done (with a When the Dreams Run Dry intro per fan request)

Encore:
Spaceman
You Just Haven't Earned it, Baby (The Smiths cover, with Johnny Marr)
Mr. Brightside
An L of an Ag
AG
Smashing Pumpkins and Jane's Addiction are in Austin on October 5th. In between a Dallas and a Houston date.

Aggie87
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Finally got to see a Ghost solo show. Had to miss Spiritbox as it clashed with the M&G time. Mastodon were incredible.

I'm old enough to have gone to a show where Ghost opened up for Mastodon and Opeth (2012). Interesting to see how much they've progressed, while Mastodon has sort of remained static.

62strat
AG
Aggie87 said:

jorgerr96 said:

I'm old enough to have gone to a show where Ghost opened up for Mastodon and Opeth (2012). Interesting to see how much they've progressed, while Mastodon has sort of remained static.

old enough? Lol. That was just 10 years ago.
Aggie87
AG
62strat said:

Aggie87 said:

jorgerr96 said:

Yeah, but I'm just a lot older than Jorgerr96 based on his picture with Papa lol.

Also, a complete reversal for the two bands in that 10 year span.
62strat
AG
Aggie87 said:

62strat said:

Aggie87 said:

jorgerr96 said:

Yeah, but I'm just a lot older than Jorgerr96 based on his picture with Papa lol.

Also, a complete reversal for the two bands in that 10 year span.
I don't think mastodon has waned in popularity over the decade. Heck they got their first Grammy in recent years.
Ghost has certainly morphed into a very approachable sound over the years, opting for some 80s/pop and removing all the satanic lyrical themes that dominated the early albums in favor of more generalized/occult/societal stuff, and it clearly worked, as they were still really obscure and relatively unheard of in the US until third album.
I think they're both pretty even success wise now though. Neither are platinum album sellers in the US, and both are Euro festival headliner material. Both have tinkered in the top 10 billboard for a few of their recent albums.

I don't listen to fm radio, but I def think songs like dance macabre, rats, square hammer, etc are bound to get more radio play than mastodon offerings.
BBRex
AG
Anyone else going to see Iron Maiden in Austin tonight? I've been looking forward to this one for a while.
AgHawkeye
AG
Anybody else doing Sound on Sound? Heading up to Connecticut next week and starting to get excited.
maroon barchetta
BBRex said:

Anyone else going to see Iron Maiden in Austin tonight? I've been looking forward to this one for a while.

No but I wish I was.
Bunk Moreland
I really wanted to go to that but couldn't get a group to commit.

If I had to guess you'll get Brandi Carlile joining Dave and Tim on stage, at the very least for Come Tomorrow and maybe some other stuff.

Don't miss Trampled by Turtles. And have a hell of a time.
KidDoc
AG
BBRex said:

This will be the first time I miss their Texas tour in many years. But a Tuesday night in Austin just doesn't work for me (I'm in College Station).

I am going to Sammy Hagar Friday night and Scorpions next Saturday in San Antonio though!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.