2022 Concerts

82,408 Views | 1123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Check the service fee.
two things
that's not a $5k ticket lol, it's a pair of tickets for $5k. that kind of makes a difference.

And that is a third party selling them.. someone who bought them, and is using TM platform to resell (verified reseller)
That is not TM selling it, just facilitating the sale to make it trustworthy, and yes, they charge 20-25% to use their service.

Wheatables02
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Check the service fee.
10 percent for the big guy!

edit - looked the per ticket number. duh.
62strat
AG
Wheatables02 said:

you're obviously not a mathematician lol.
Wheatables02
AG
62strat said:

Wheatables02 said:

you're obviously not a mathematician lol.
my bad, looked at single ticket markup way too fast.
WES2006AG
AG
Got Springsteen tickets for Toyota Center. Paid a lot less than $5000 for the pair but my seats aren't nearly as good as those floor seats though.
GIF Reactor
AG
$5,400 for 2 tickets to Springsteen?

Proposition Joe
Some of these articles are just clickbait fake news... It's like the "Someone is selling Aggies / Alabama tickets for $999,999!" because someone has a listing up on SH at that price.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Just added Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs opening for The Who at the Hollywood Bowl on November 1st (good buddy just became the new guitarist for them and I couldn't be happier for him) followed by Ben Harper opening for Harry Styles at the Forum on the 2nd.

Bought Billy Strings NOLA Dec 30th and NYE this morning. My disdain for Ticketmaster grew even stronger after that experience which I didn't think was possible but in the end everything worked out.

Billy streaming live from Chicago right now and off the charts already: https://mixlr.com/billy-streams/
johnnyblaze36
AG
Billy Strings just killed it at Lollapalooza. For any Metallica fans and Hulu subscribers, they will be streaming live tonight at 10:15 central.
jorgerr96
Couldn't have asked for a better 20th show

johnnyblaze36
AG
Wow nice! That was great. I said at the end surely they encore with "One" or "Master of Puppets" and they did a double shot.

Did you happen to catch any of those picks or drum sticks they were throwing around? Lots of high fives around the circle too (as you obviously saw up close).
jorgerr96
I had no luck with picks until a guy looked at the muddy floor, found one and gave me one
Wheatables02
AG
Garth Brooks was amazing last night in Arlington. Never got to see him before.
Jim01
AG
Wife and I have seats on the field for NRG next weekend. Can't wait. I was at A&M when he came and played six (?) nights at Reed but I didn't go and have always regretted that.
Sbisa04
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Garth Brooks was amazing last night in Arlington. Never got to see him before.
We were there too. What a performer. Dude was drenched but played every freaking hit. Great concert!
Wheatables02
AG
Jim01 said:

Wife and I have seats on the field for NRG next weekend. Can't wait. I was at A&M when he came and played six (?) nights at Reed but I didn't go and have always regretted that.

Same. I missed his College Station shows as I was a freshman who didn't like country at the time. This made up for it!!
BenFiasco14
AG
The Pretty Reckless

Halestorm.

I've been a fan of Halestorm for a very long time but have not seen them until tonight. I was blown away by the power and energy Lizzy and the rest of the band played. They all gave 110%, at least from where I was sitting.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
KidDoc
AG
I love these bands but haven't had a chance to catch them live. How was Reckless?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXAG 05
AG
Jim01 said:

Saw him when he played Toyota Center whenever that was, and then both his HLSR shows a couple years ago. He always puts on a great show. Don't know if there is another performer that goes full speed balls out for a show like he does.
BenFiasco14
AG
KidDoc said:

I love these bands but haven't had a chance to catch them live. How was Reckless?

They were also very good, and an awesome warm up for Halestorm. It is kinda funny tho, as Taylor Momsen is basically 100% of the focus, down to the lighting and their costumes. The band was just in all black and mostly older dudes while Momsen did her thing. They were just as good live as recorded imo.
StinkyPinky
AG
My 19 yr old sophmore (A&M) son is in Seattle tonight for The Strokes and RHCP concert. Envious of any concert at that age.
62strat
AG
Any 90s metalheads here… at the gates touring US playing slaughter of the soul from to back.
$20 all in ticket from axs. I'm in! A seminal album in my metal journey 25 years ago. Not a whole lot of dates, but Denver made the list

BenFiasco14
AG
Kokefest 2022 in the books. Bands seen (in order):

Day 1

Larry fleet

Randall King

Aaron Watson

Clint Black

Day 2

Jamie Lin Wilson

The steel woods

Muscadine Bloodline

American Aquarium

Robert Earl Keen

Turnpike Troubadours (second time seeing turnpike this year!)
BCSWguru
That day 1 is a pretty nice lineup. King very underappreciated right now.
BenFiasco14
AG
LSCSN said:

That day 1 is a pretty nice lineup. King very underappreciated right now.

Agree. He almost stole the show, not gonna lie
Jim01
AG
Garth at NRG Saturday was awesome.

Parking was a nightmare. Left out house at 6:00 and got inside about 7:45. We had floor tickets about halfway back and center. A bit anxiety inducing to start with, it was packed on the floor and NRG just isn't build with having people on the field in mind. Not enough food/drink and only port-a-potties all the way outside.

Once the show started it was good though. I wish I had 1/4 of his energy. Went on about 9:00 and left stage about 11:30 with only about a 3 min encore break. He put on a hell of a show.
Know Your Enemy
AG
johnnyblaze36
AG
"Complete recovery" from what?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Rage Against the Machine's Zack de la Rocha Injures Leg During Chicago Show, Finishes Set Seated

Quote:

"I don't know what happened to my leg right now," de la Rocha told the crowd. "But you know what? We're gonna keep this ****in' **** goin'"
johnnyblaze36
AG
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So will he be seated at the MSG shows? Seems like they should cancel those, too.
Know Your Enemy
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So will he be seated at the MSG shows? Seems like they should cancel those, too.
He's been seated for every show since he hurt his leg. I guess all the extra travel time and physical demands of travelling overseas was too much for him right now.
KidDoc
AG
Whitesnake announced they are cancelling their USA tour dates due to health concerns.

Stinks.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Know Your Enemy
AG
KidDoc said:

Whitesnake announced they are cancelling their USA tour dates due to health concerns.

Stinks.
I'm OK with it as long as that means a longer Scorpions set.
aggiederelict
Saw Leon Bridges at the Moody Center here in Austin this past Saturday. He was great acoustics not so much. Very cool looking venue that needs some tuning to get it right.
BenFiasco14
AG
aggiederelict said:

Saw Leon Bridges at the Moody Center here in Austin this past Saturday. He was great acoustics not so much. Very cool looking venue that needs some tuning to get it right.

Very curious to hear your detailed thoughts on Moody Center. We saw Willie Nelson and George Strait there back in May and thought the venue was a logistical nightmare. Like most things in Austin, they build things without a damn given about traffic flow, parking, etc.

Had to park half a mile away in a state garage and walk uphill to the venue in this heat. And once you get near it you're greeted by even more stairs and unshaded concrete.

Aesthetically it's cool looking, and obviously seeing George Strait was great, but I will not be returning to that venue most likely - I don't live in Austin anymore. But even if I did, I'd likely avoid.

I moved up to DFW recently and we saw John Mayer at the AAC and just such a night and day difference. Sure, Moody will work out its kinks at the actual arena, but you can't retrofit poor planning and access. Classic Austin though, as stated but it bears repeating.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.