2022 Concerts

83,179 Views | 1123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is certainly interesting!

edit, dang looks like these recordings are getting shot down..

maybe this one?

aggiederelict
Yeah hard with it a being basketball venue as well on campus. I think it will be a great place for basketball games. The sound panels they put it don't seem to help or maybe make it worse.

It was better with his toned down songs that were more vocals but once the band came in it was hard to follow.

I can imagine other arenas have had similar issues when they first open up and over time dial it in.

I would say we had great floor seats and then towards the end snuck into the standing section and were up very close and that was really nice. Got to hear his encore.

The parking is not ideal. I am actually going again this weekend with my son to the Monster Truck show. Hopefully we get decent parking there.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I would highly recommend blasting this live show right now if you like good music. One song in from Troutsdale, OR:

https://mixlr.com/billy-streams/
aggiechick
John Waite / Men at Work / Rick Springfield in Dallas last night. All were great and their voices have all held up! (I know I'm showing my age). Rick Springfield is going to be 72(!) but looked and sounded 40.
MAROON
AG
Got invited to go Friday to MMP to Joan Jett/Poison/Def Leopard/Motley Crue....I'm sure its going to be a **** show of fun. Show reviews say they all play like 10-15 songs each and that Def Leopard is easily the best of the bunch.

Should be fun people watching with 60 year old chicks in fish net stockings and fake boobs, with their balding husbands sporting their vintage black concert t-shirts.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Proposition Joe
Honestly this is one of the concerts I've been looking forward to the most since even before COVID just because of the sheer gaudiness. Bummed the DFW show got moved from a weekend to a Tuesday though. I like me some Joan Jett, but I'm not sure I like Joan Jett enough to be there at 5PM.
SJEAg
AG
They're alternating I think, anyone know yet if Def Leppard or Motley Crue is closing the Houston show?
BCSWguru
Leppard closes Houston, Crue in San Antonio. At least that's the way it was marketed.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Def Leppard isn't closing every show? That's a joke.
SJEAg
AG
Yeah they seem more deserving given their catalogue and current performance capability. I think the set lists are the same regardless though. Sort of wanted them first so I could bail on Crue if/when listening to Vince became tiresome.
maroon barchetta
MAROON said:

Got invited to go Friday to MMP to Joan Jett/Poison/Def Leopard/Motley Crue....I'm sure its going to be a **** show of fun. Show reviews say they all play like 10-15 songs each and that Def Leopard is easily the best of the bunch.

Should be fun people watching with 60 year old chicks in fish net stockings and fake boobs, with their balding husbands sporting their vintage black concert t-shirts.

Were you sitting near me at Brit Floyd? The 60 year old chick with fake boobs and husband in black concert shirt were a few seats down from me.

Saw a lot of them actually.
maroon barchetta
aggiechick said:

John Waite / Men at Work / Rick Springfield in Dallas last night. All were great and their voices have all held up! (I know I'm showing my age). Rick Springfield is going to be 72(!) but looked and sounded 40.

Friend went last night and had a blast and did a meet and greet. Texted us a photo of him and his wife and Rick late last night. He was holding Rick's guitar.

He had a blast. He saw Rick in high school with Corey Hart opening.
88Warrior
Wife and I saw Vince Gill here in Tulsa last Thursday. The guy's voice and guitar playing has certainly held up over the yearsā€¦.great show!
DRMac05
AG
August 21 @ The Woodlands CWMP - Freaks on Parade Tour :

Rob Zombie
Mudvayne
Static-X
Powerman 5000
BenFiasco14
AG
Am I insane for considering 3 day vip passes to this?

https://bornandraisedfestival.com/

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Know Your Enemy
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Make sure you pack your MAGA hat and confederate flag and you'll fit right in.
BenFiasco14
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Make sure you pack your MAGA hat and confederate flag and you'll fit right in.

Pack it? I'm wearing both right now
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
MAROON
AG
MAROON said:

So the actual concert was almost exactly this. Def Leppard closed out the night and still sound good - tight band, two very good guitar players, and good vocals. Poison was the surprise - they put on a good show. Joan Jett was nice, and Motley Crue was a high energy hot mess. Their sound mix was terrible - drums and bass turned up to 11. It was like a 90 minute Tommy Lee drum solo. It might have been by design since Vince doesn't have a voice left.
One Louder
AG
Agreed.

Joan Jett is ok. Poison is good but I've seen Bret Michaels solo in a club venue so their performance was never going to live up to that.

Motley Crue was a mixed bag for me. I love their songs and they're so much fun that it's more like karaoke. Vince surprised us on some songs but we had set a low bar for him. The pacing was surprisingly decent on "Livewire".

Def Leppard stole the show for me but I could have done without their new stuff and "Two Steps Behind". It was a long night and I was getting hungry and tired by the time they were four songs into their set. I wish I could have been more mentally present because they really did sound great.
mm98
AG
We had to leave before Def Leppard

Poison was a huge surprise. Really good show. Wish they could have played longer.

Motley Crue was mixed for me. Loved to see them. Show was very entertaining. I agree with the other poster the drums and bass seemed kicked up on sound to cover for Vince, who was the main disappointment of their show. I get he's 61 but jeez man, try to stay in at least a little shape for vocal stamina
gggmann
AG
Any of them play new material or is it all 35 year old songs?
MAROON
AG
DL played three new songs which gave everyone a chance to reload their beers and hit the head
One Louder
AG
There were a few new songs mixed in which allowed for a quick bathroom break.

Edit: Maroon beat me to the punch!
Aust Ag
AG
Eddie Trunk said the other day that Poison was what he's been hearing as the surprise of the tour.

Funny about the bathroom break songs. VH finishing with Jump always gave me a "jump" to the exits, never was a fan of their biggest hit.
SJEAg
AG
Poison was good but the acoustics/mixing was really bad from the 400 level. It was hard to understand Bret even when he was just talking. Thought I was in for a long night and no reason it should have improved, but Crue and DL sounded better in that regard.

Vince was rough as expected - but he sounded and looked a lot better than the videos I saw from 5 years ago (if you want a laugh, search Kickstart My Heart Misheard Lyrics on YT). Honestly, Vince has always been pretty poor live. I saw them on the Dr. Feelgood tour which was peak Crue. They were actually sober for much of that tour and still young...even then he couldn't keep up.

I can't believe Mick Mars is still playing pretty well at 71 given his lifelong health problems. He looked old in 1985.

Def Leppard was excellent, IMO. They really shouldn't open a show with new material though.
mm98
AG
I though Mick at 71 and CC Deville at 60 both sounded awesome.
maroon barchetta
Mick is very underrated. That band is nothing without him.

How he is still able to tour is incredible.
jorgerr96
https://instagr.am/p/ChgbpJHsFR_

Went to Atlanta to see Roger Waters. Had this ticket before his Austin show was announced. Really great show but I think it is better enjoyed from the level 100 sections instead of the floor due to the 360 stage.
Proposition Joe
Who all is heading out to the ballpark tomorrow? I think I'm flying solo on this one since these other losers have jobs.
aggiechick
I am! I was also going to go by myself because people are lame but now going with brother and SIL. Just making sure it's at the new ballpark and not the old ballpark?!! It's supposed to rain so want to make sure there is a roof.
aggiechick
Also talking about agesā€¦.Rick Springfield is 72! He looked and had the abs of a 30 year old. Very well preserved.
KidDoc
AG
aggiechick said:

Also talking about agesā€¦.Rick Springfield is 72! He looked and had the abs of a 30 year old. Very well preserved.
Him and Sammy Hagar, Klaus (scorps), Coverdale (whitesnake), and Bruce (Iron Maiden) are all aging amazingly well..

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
KidDoc said:

aggiechick said:

Him and Sammy Hagar, Klaus (scorps), Coverdale (whitesnake), and Bruce (Iron Maiden) are all aging amazingly well..

Coverdale has had a LOT of work done. He has zero wrinkles on his brow. He had them in the 80's and they have vanished.
KidDoc
AG
SJEAg said:

Poison was good but the acoustics/mixing was really bad from the 400 level. It was hard to understand Bret even when he was just talking. Thought I was in for a long night and no reason it should have improved, but Crue and DL sounded better in that regard.

Vince was rough as expected - but he sounded and looked a lot better than the videos I saw from 5 years ago (if you want a laugh, search Kickstart My Heart Misheard Lyrics on YT). Honestly, Vince has always been pretty poor live. I saw them on the Dr. Feelgood tour which was peak Crue. They were actually sober for much of that tour and still young...even then he couldn't keep up.

I can't believe Mick Mars is still playing pretty well at 71 given his lifelong health problems. He looked old in 1985.

Def Leppard was excellent, IMO. They really shouldn't open a show with new material though.
Yeah minutemaid is weird with acoustics. In 120 they all sounded really good.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Booked Ohana Festival day 2 in Dana Point, CA. Couldn't be more excited.

Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs w/ new addition Chris "Sidewinder" Holt
Billy Strings
Jack White
Eddie Vedder

Apparently it's a logistical nightmare if you aren't saying close and every hotel within a mile has been sold out since February. Randomly saw a cancelation on Kayak tonight and called the front desk and the guy said wow, yeah, there was a cancelation seven minutes ago. I said please take my 16 digit card number immediately. Whoooo!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.