2022 Concerts

83,379 Views | 1123 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cannot believe he nailed the scream in Won't Get Fooled Again. That alone was worth the price of admission.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Seeing Modest Mouse in Central Park and then Caamp opening for The Lumineers in June in NYC. Very stoked.

Hope The Lumineers play their cover of Just Like Heaven they released yesterday
jorgerr96
oh no I mean that Pete complained about the Austin arena since it was brand new. said it doesnt make the music sound good
MW03
AG

Sazerac
AG
Turnpike day!
Can't believe they aren't going on until 10pm…
Bird Poo
AG
Saw The Who last night. Can't believe those guys are pushing 80. Pete Townsend lost his voice and he sounded like a frog. Blamed it on Dallas air because it has happened to him every time he's been here.

Hope to have that much energy 30 years from now.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Sazerac said:

Turnpike day!
Can't believe they aren't going on until 10pm…

At least pre rehab Turnpike was outstanding live. Saw them in College Station one year and they played for a solid hour before taking a break for normal concert talking/etc
Sazerac
AG
Just randomly caught their sound check at whitewater when I stopped to pick up tickets
digging tunnels
AG
A New Hope
Saw casting crowns in Dec in Austin and again couple weeks ago. Awesome. Heading to red rocks in October for mercy me.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Watched the live stream night 2 of 3 Billy Strings from the Ryman. He came out with just Bob Weir for the first two songs second set and then the rest of the band came out and they played an entire set of Dead tunes including the encore.

Billy said thank you, Bob. "We've never played an entire set of Grateful Dead songs". Then Bobby said "Well I have". It was funny.

Makes me sick I didn't go to at least one of the three night runs, St Augustine, the Ryman, or Red Rocks/Mission Ballroom next weekend. Maybe next go around.
cc10106
goadius6 said:

My wonderful wife let me go see My Morning Jacket in Dallas on Thursday while she stayed home and took care of 1 week and 3 day old baby!

MMJ is at the absolute top of their game right now and that's saying something after being around for nearly 25 years. They are still writing new heaters, while also expanding old songs and jams to new heights.

Pure, absolute rock'n'roll.
I saw them in Houston the night before and completely agree. It was my first MMJ show since the Evil Urges tour, and they're still amazing live. Thankfully they played a lot of It Still Moves tunes compared to the new album.
AggieRob93
AG
Coldplay at NRG on Sunday May 8 was really good. Set was around 100 minutes. Played 4-5 of their newest songs. Rest of the show were select songs from albums Parachutes through A Head Full of Dreams.

Only other time I'd seen them was at ACL 2011.
spadilly
S
DMB this Friday
jorgerr96
Coldplay was easily one of the best damn shows I've ever seen. You can bring a non fan and they will leave incredibly happy
Counterpoint
AG
AggieRob93 said:

Coldplay at NRG on Sunday May 8 was really good. Set was around 100 minutes. Played 4-5 of their newest songs. Rest of the show were select songs from albums Parachutes through A Head Full of Dreams.

Only other time I'd seen them was at ACL 2011.

Was the person who sang with Chris REALLY just some random person from the audience, because holy crap she was awesome.

62strat
AG
I still have my unused ticketstub for coldplay at woodlands pavilion fall of 2005.. was canceled due to Rita, and I never put the effort into trying to see them again. Their music fell off my radar after X&Y.

Looks like they canceled a show due to harvey as well with ticket holders from that show getting first access to the show last night..
Probably not a lot of bands who have canceled twice in Houston (or any southern state) due to hurricanes!
Counterpoint
AG
KidDoc
AG
I'm bummed this is Coverdale's last tour but I'm glad I'll be able to see them in Texas!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
Whitesnake has a chick in the band now?
Proposition Joe
KidDoc
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Whitesnake has a chick in the band now?

Yup!

Thundermother is outstanding as well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Pinche Guero
AG
Red Rocks Saturday - Turnpike and Reckless Kelly
Teddy Perkins
AG
Htown hometown trio Khruangbin and Toro y Moi tonight at 713 Music Hall for a sold out show. Can't wait!

maroon barchetta
She seems smart.

Who is that?
Teddy Perkins
AG
maroon barchetta said:

She seems smart.

Who is that?
Laura Leezy, bassist for Khruangbin.

https://instagr.am/p/CbfYtv_LXUG
Echoes97
AG
Will be there also! Also, Kraungbin posted that Toro y moi was out again (illness I think) so opener is a DJ set.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Bunk Moreland
DMB tonight @ The Moody Center
jorgerr96

seeing them for the first time tonight as well. how early does someone have to get there to secure a poster?
Bunk Moreland
I'd get in fairly early. First time at this venue and traffic will be a nightmare.
Jim01
AG
Smashing Pumpkins and Janes Addiction announced a tour together, coming to Texas.

10/03 Toyota Center Houston

I loved a few SP albums, but nothing recent, and I never got into Janes Addiction. Still, as a 90s kid I am tempted. My first reaction was surprise at the size of the venue. I'm not sure how full that place will be unless tickets are really reasonably priced.
Proposition Joe
Saw Pumpkins at American Airlines Center about 4 or so years ago and it was just the hits. Well worth it, as there's a lot of them.
spadilly
S
Those of y'all who got to see DMB tonight had a fantastic set list. One of the best I've seen in years. Cannot wait to see them Friday night.
Bunk Moreland
Fantastic show. Moody was great. The club seats were awesome. Easy access to drinks, lounge, restrooms. Ready for Friday night
FWAppraiser
AG
Glad to hear. Dragging my wife along for the Texas two-step this weekend. Been 3 years, so I'm just a little excited.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.