Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

174,131 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thor making that entrance in Ragnarok was something that we had been expecting and waiting for throughout three Thor movies and two Avenger movies. It was what he was supposed to do...Completely awesome, but kind of expected.

Cap wielding mjolnir was completely out of left field and happened during the penultimate battle scene that was the culmination of 22 of these movies. Only Thor was supposed to be able to wield it, but Cap wielding it and doing it at that exact moment?....best scene in the MCU to date. Will likely never be topped.
Farmer1906
AG
Speaking of that goat scene. Here it is on YouTube.

tamusc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Speaking of that goat scene. Here it is on YouTube.

Damn, already pulled down
TCTTS
AG
This is AMAZING. But also kind of sad. And now I'm a little worried someone is going to pull this on the board at some point...

Bruce Almighty
AG
Didn't someone do that with Game of Thrones when there were two threads for those that read the books and those that haven't?
TCTTS
AG
Not sure. I had to give up trying to keep up with those threads years ago. Too many posts, even for me.
Dro07
AG
Wow
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

This is AMAZING. But also kind of sad. And now I'm a little worried someone is going to pull this on the board at some point...

That's kind of awful and incredible all rolled into one.
PatAg
AG
That person for sure has bodies in his basement
PatAg
AG
rhutton125
AG
Damn... that's kind of awesome.

"Hey, that was a long time ago" is such a week excuse. If you blatantly spoiled a movie 12 months ago, I doubt you've gone through such change as to not deserve having it done back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
What does that mean?
Flashdiaz
AG
it means Return of the King was too long, had too many endings and felt like it dragged well over 3.5 hrs.

Endgame was awesome and felt like it was 2hrs.
KTAG05
AG
Redstone....
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

until the original troll now turns those text messages over to disney for its slam-dunk copyright infringement case
HoustonAg2106
AG
TCTTS said:

This makes me sad for humanity (both of them)
jeffk
AG
I somehow hadn't made the connection that Cap was basically filling Sam's role in leading the support group post-snap.

Also, we finally got a call-back of the mjolnir/shield impact effect they discovered in one of the earlier films when Cap throws the hammer and nails the shield in midair behind Thanos.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Yeah, that's pretty pathetic. First guy was a d*ck, second guy was BSC and went all psyops on him.
DVC2010
AG
That whole page is a pretty sad corner of the internet.
hurleyag
AG
I'm not sure I buy the story .
jtstanley4621
AG
hurleyag said:

I'm not sure I buy the story .
Lol, wrong thread by like a mile. My bad.
Ag Since 83
AG
Shady McCoy should be on the lookout for that guy trying to friend him online
Oyster DuPree
AG
Trolling is a art
TexasAggie_02
AG
BQCadet
AG
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

until the original troll now turns those text messages over to disney for its slam-dunk copyright infringement case

As long as he didn't do it for profit, he would never actually be convicted of copyright infringement.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Just bought tickets for my son and I to see it again tomorrow morning. Both Sat and Sun morning early showings were 75% full already. And this is a non Cinemark/AMC theater that doesn't usually have a lot of sellouts. I have a feeling this weekend Endgame is going to do gangbusters again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On its second weekend? Nonsense.
texasaggie04
AG
maca1028 said:

I would think present day Thanos and 2014 Thanos both being dead would clear that possibility up too. It's kind of like the double tap theory in Zombieland.

Is 2014 Thanos actually dead or is he just trapped in the soul stone like the 50% of the population was after the original snap? Of course, it doesn't matter since that stone is now back in time somewhere.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I don't think anyone was in the soul stone, that was just a fan theory.
Bockaneer
AG
saw the movie Wednesday- enjoyed it immensely, glad I saw it at the Alamo with the character refresher pre-show

I probably could've used less fat Thor and I was bothered by the state of the country 5 years post-snap. Things would suck but I don't believe the suburbs would be quite so desolate- that's counter to America's ethos. And if the state of the country was that bad after 5 years, it should've been a helluva lot worse. No way that monument is built but the neighborhood is that neglected. That neglect says that major utilities and services are nonexistent- and folks are starving. Anyway, that just didn't feel true.
91G 'EM 94GGIES!
Flashdiaz
AG
Maybe it was a bad neighborhood or the location sucked. Less people less demand so everyone could have moved to nicer areas. Lots of explanations.
double aught
AG
Bockaneer said:

saw the movie Wednesday- enjoyed it immensely, glad I saw it at the Alamo with the character refresher pre-show

I probably could've used less fat Thor and I was bothered by the state of the country 5 years post-snap. Things would suck but I don't believe the suburbs would be quite so desolate- that's counter to America's ethos. And if the state of the country was that bad after 5 years, it should've been a helluva lot worse. No way that monument is built but the neighborhood is that neglected. That neglect says that major utilities and services are nonexistent- and folks are starving. Anyway, that just didn't feel true.
Considering what had happened, I thought the survivors did a decent job of picking up the pieces.
texasaggie04
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

I don't think anyone was in the soul stone, that was just a fan theory.

Good call, thanks.
Ambres
AG
Ok just came out of my second viewing and now have the time to digest it.

1. Instead of a random rat turning on the device, I wish it was Cassidy ( antman daughter) who figured it out.. after she received the car from pena. That also allow for Pena to give Scott a quick rundown on what happen the last 5 years.. in his awesome style.

They could have cut the scene of Tony and Nebula playing flicker.

Thor could have also grabbed the tesseract and it would have been easy for him... it is in the vault below in asgard.

Would have love to see Cap interact with Red Skull after he drop off the stone.

Suck to return to find your stuff gone, someone living in your house. Your wife is has a kid with your brother whose wife also returns.. some cable shot of the aftermath similar to avengers would be a nice way to tie together.. the above vignette should be a ticker statement below the aftermath interviews.

Would have like to learn what ever happen to Lady Sif.

They could had Dr Selvig (sp?) Thor and Jane friend, work the controls for the time machine.

The 5 year jump means that spiderman takes place in 2022... I see potential movie dating as culture and technology changes. Imagine a movie filmed in 2009 that takes place in 2014 with no social media or smart phones

Would have like to see Tony daughter to be genius like him and his father.

The Ronin scene was not really needed or shorten.. it could have started as they land on the ground and fight.

Would have more interaction between quill and gamora.. especially how she left the planet .. quill would have stuck to her after he saw her.. seemed off.. also quill could have a scene with his grandfather.. though that could be in gog3.. seeing that was his first time back since he left... discovers an ipod.

I have more random thoughts but those were the main ones

Oh to bad we didn't get to see Rocket get the aether from Jane or Cap putting it back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.