*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

209,004 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
The Shank Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After seeing it a 2nd time,

Dead /dusted characters I hope come back:
Quill: Pratt is perfect as starlord
Gamorah: think she may be gone for good but plays so well off prat
Panther
Groot
Loki: probably stays dead but Thor made a point to say he's been dead before, even if he also said he thinks this time may stick
Spidey: got too much more to give
Drax: he's actually not dusted, just standing very very still

Those dead I'm ok staying dead
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Falcon: meh
Mantis: funny but not integral

Those I think will/should die that didn't in IW
Cap: he deserves an amazing sendoff in the way of sacrifice
Stark: ditto
Nebula: to bring back gamorah

The Debt
AgMarauder04 said:

Is there a time (can't watch clips) where they actually say each stone actually DOES?

Power - hit hard enough to kill planets
Soul - trap/collect souls
Space (tesseract) - portal anywhere
Mind - mind control
Time - turn back time - cher 1989 OR go forward in time.
Reality (Aether)- change reality
The Debt
Fox is just ******ed for casting recently.

"Rebecca romijn is hawt ar 45, who is an actress that is hot for a younger Mystique? JLaw."

"Thigh crusher chick from goldeneye is hot as Jean grey, do we know any other redheads in Hollywood? Carrottop? No, that's too progressive, how about sansa stark?"
TCTTS
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
TCTTS said:

Did anyone speculate yet on the title being "Secret Wars"? Seems like that's a good direction to head in.
Sex Panther
AG
That article says Comic Con is probably too early to get a trailer, but I'm thinking no way they don't have a teaser ready to go right?
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, there MIGHT be an audience-only teaser for Comic-Con, but I'm honestly thinking November before the rest of us really get to see anything. For something this big, with this unique release schedule, there's just no need for Marvel to show anything until then.
TCTTS
AG
Another title I've heard and like is Avengers: End Game.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

Did anyone speculate yet on the title being "Secret Wars"? Seems like that's a good direction to head in.

I would die laughing if Thanos just killed a bunch of Skrull imposters. It would be the cheesiest thing ever
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

That's really good. Strange said it himself.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Man, I'm clearly in the minority here but I hope, hope, hope that Gamora stays dead. Having someone integral like her who isn't one of the "original guard" stay dead would actually lend some much needed weight and consequence to these films.

Sure more than likely Cap, Stark, and/or numerous other of the original Avengers die for good in the next movie, but those guys are kind of expected to. They've been around for a long time now (in the terms of this MCU) and we all know that in the real world they're coming to the end of their contracts. But man, to kill off a popular character like Gamora who supposedly has much more "screen life" left....that would be awesome IMO. Plus, let's face it, going into GOTG 3 the team could use some shaking up.

And Loki has to stay dead. He's "died" and come back one too many times. He definitely needs to stay dead to lend some consequence and gravity to this MCU.

The point is that it would be "cheap" to only kill off the tertiary characters like Mantis or Nebula.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

Ehhhh, kinda too cliche. Plus, it seems like too much if you know what I mean. I don't think that you can ever go with something as final sounding as "End Game" unless you really mean it and you're ending the franchise (or cinematic universe in this case). Otherwise, it's like, "This movie is the End Game!.......until the next one comes out in six months"
Bobcat06
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Man, I'm clearly in the minority here but I hope, hope, hope that Gamora stays dead.
https://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-3-gamoa-role/

Gamora is inside the Soul Stone
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Sex Panther said:

TCTTS said:

That's really good. Strange said it himself.
That's a good point.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Bobcat06 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Man, I'm clearly in the minority here but I hope, hope, hope that Gamora stays dead.

Ugggh.....see, her dying at the hands of her father Thanos means nothing now.
The Shank Ag
Saw an Interesting theory today that what we saw in the dusting was people moving to the living realm and all those we saw still alive at the end, are those that actually perished, confined to their surroundings as they existed at the moment they died
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, I guess this lends credence to the theory that everyone who died by the Soul Stone is likely contained within the stone. Or maybe just Gamora as the sacrifice. Destroying the stone frees her?
The Debt
Avengers: Assemble ?
The Debt
FL_Ag1998 said:

Bobcat06 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Does it have the power to resurrect? Idk.

Thanos cant use the reality stone to resurrect her because that would cause a paradox. He needed her dead to collect all 6, if he changes reality to have her he only has 5. (Thus the terrible price.)

However: if someone were to steal the gauntlet and resurrect folks, that person is shaping reality not thanos. The stones would be servant to the bearer's vision.
Bobcat06
AG
The Debt said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Bobcat06 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Thanos cant use the reality stone to resurrect her because that would cause a paradox. He needed her dead to collect all 6, if he changes reality to have her he only has 5. (Thus the terrible price.)

However: if someone were to steal the gauntlet and resurrect folks, that person is shaping reality not thanos. The stones would be servant to the bearer's vision.
Soul Stone doesn't resurrect people. People get trapped inside it. I believe that you have to have someone else take your place to be removed from it. Based on that, my prediction is IW4 ends with Thanos getting trapped inside the Soul Stone and Gamora and all the ash people being freed.

Comic nerds, correct me if I'm wrong on this.
TCTTS
AG
So is half the universe's population currently trapped inside it? And would that then mean the other half would have to take their place for trapped hand to then be free? Was there only one soul trapped in it just before Gamora died?

None of this makes any damn sense.
The Debt
I didnt say the soul stone resurrects, the gauntlet has the power to do so via reality stone.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Starting to sound like the gauntlet = the triforce.

Where my Zelda fans at?
Cromagnum
AG
TCTTS said:

Michelle Pfieffer is in part 2?
texasaggie04
AG
I really liked the THANOS theory of infinity stones all along... but I guess it doesn't work now. Unless we believe that the Soul Stone was located in Thanos's "heart" the whole time.
Cromagnum
AG
Bobcat06 said:

The Debt said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Bobcat06 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Soul Stone doesn't resurrect people. People get trapped inside it. I believe that you have to have someone else take your place to be removed from it. Based on that, my prediction is IW4 ends with Thanos getting trapped inside the Soul Stone and Gamora and all the ash people being freed.

Comic nerds, correct me if I'm wrong on this.

The time gem solved the issue at hand in the comics.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

So is half the universe's population currently trapped inside it? And would that then mean the other half would have to take their place for trapped hand to then be free? Was there only one soul trapped in it just before Gamora died?

People are just talking about possibilities. Brainstorming.
M.C. Swag
AG
TCTTS said:

Now you're getting it! Nobody has any damn idea what these collection of mcguffins do.

Cromagnum
AG
They just need to make the movie "Thanos Wins". The comic was pretty good.

Pirate04
AG
M.C. Swag said:

TCTTS said:

Now you're getting it! Nobody has any damn idea what these collection of mcguffins do.

I thought I was he only one who left the theater confused AF.
redd38
AG
I had to leave a few minutes early, I assume the Avengers stopped Thanos, probably destroyed the stones, saved the universe. Did I miss anything important?
The Debt
redd38 said:

I had to leave a few minutes early, I assume the Avengers stopped Thanos, probably destroyed the stones, saved the universe. Did I miss anything important?

Wrong on every account.
texasaggie04
AG
Quote:

I would have loved to see the comic book Thanos - a complete hardass who slaughters whole planetary populations without reservation. That guy is truly one scary badass.

I actually really like what they did with Thanos. I think that giving him the backstory did is why I like him so much as a villain. He just killed half of the population of the entire universe, and I don't hate him. Thanos was the epitome of an antihero. I actually feel kinda bad for him, and yet he's now the leading cause of death in the entire universe. I went ahead and made a graph, and I really wish I were better at Photoshop:

rhutton125
AG
Real quick thought re: Spider-Man going from space and death to high school. That's basically the synopsis to the 2019 solo movie. Figuring out how to get back to normal life after all this. Kind of like Civil War to sophomore in school, but to the max. Seeing how a "normal" person moves on. At least according to a quote from Feige I read earlier.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.