*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,735 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Trident 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dreyOO said:

jackie childs said:

rhutton125 said:

I'd been pulling for Thanos to make his entrance by knocking out the Hulk for a while now, but now I'm in favor of Hulk having at least one big dominating moment. He's had a rough go of it lately:

- loses to the Hulkbuster
- should have lost to Thor
- knocked out by Thanos

He needs one big "nobody is as strong as the Hulk" moment before Ruffalo bows out. Whether that is 2019 or years later.
the Hulk is interesting because he's a crowd/audience favorite, but i'd imagine Ruffalo (as an actor) probably prefers films like IW where he's mostly playing Banner.

but yeah, i can't imagine that Hulk won't bounce back in a big way in Avengers 4.

I don't know the story as I never read the comics. But I'd love to see him whip Thanos without the gauntlet.
I read comics in the 70s back when the only thing that could temporarily beat The Incredible Hulk was magic or depriving him of oxygen. Watching Thanos whip his ass was a WTF moment for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Please please please let us watch Hulk and Thor beat the **** out of a stoneless Thanos.
AliasMan02
AG
dreyOO said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

The axe basically defeats the gauntlet to land in Thanos' chest.

Hadn't thought about it but that's a great way to put it. Interesting.

Power level of the next phase is gonna get dialed up, I think. At least initially.
Farmer1906
AG
He's taken some Ls too

Drax

Squirrel Girl
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Just noticed in Thor Ragnarok...

When Hela walks through Odin's Vault the first things she sees is a gauntlet just like Thanos' gauntlet. She calls it fake and knocks it to the ground. WTH is that all about?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Just noticed in Thor Ragnarok...

When Hela walks through Odin's Vault the first things she sees is a gauntlet just like Thanos' gauntlet. She calls it fake and knocks it to the ground. WTH is that all about?
that gauntlet was there as an easter egg in Thor 1. i think they are just calling back to that and pointing out that it is not THE gauntlet
texasaggie04
AG
Farmer1906 said:

He's taken some Ls too

Drax

Yeah, what's up with this? Is Drax super powerful, or is he just comic relief?
Bobcat06
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Farmer1906 said:

He's taken some Ls too

Drax

In the comics, Drax is extremely powerful. In the movies, the nerfed him and converted him to comic relief.

One of my pet peeves with the GOTG movies is that Drax is basically useless in a fight
Farmer1906
AG
He's needs to have a big moment.
ScottBowen
AG
Bobcat06 said:

texasaggie04 said:

Farmer1906 said:

He's taken some Ls too

Drax

In the comics, Drax is extremely powerful. In the movies, the nerfed him and converted him to comic relief.

One of my pet peeves with the GOTG movies is that Drax is basically useless in a fight
This was a big problem with the opening act of the movie: going to Knowhere to challenge Thanos was so obviously destined to fail that it seemed like a dumb idea, and Drax is so outclassed in strength by Thanos that his desire to kill him for revenge isn't a believable motivation.
dcaggie04
AG
Bobcat06 said:

texasaggie04 said:

Farmer1906 said:

He's taken some Ls too

Drax

Originally in the comics, he was extremely powerful. But within the last 15 or so years, he has become not nearly as powerful and as taken a fancy to knife fighting.
jtstanley4621
AG
Farmer1906 said:

He's needs to have a big moment.
Yeah I agree. But the interesting thing is the focus of his character seems to be personally killing Thanos. Not sure what else he wants or what would make him happy beyond doing that.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I think they missed an opportunity with the "Get this man a shield" moment followed by Cap with the two greaves. Would have been so much better with an all-black or silver and black circular shield. Cap's shield is just so iconic and unique to his fighting style. Seeing him basically just punching people didn't do much for me.

The initial Cap-Thor exchange about haircuts and copying beards was money though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02
AG
jeffk said:

Yeah, I think they missed an opportunity with the "Get this man a shield" moment followed by Cap with the two greaves. Would have been so much better with an all-black or silver and black circular shield. Cap's shield is just so iconic and unique to his fighting style. Seeing him basically just punching people didn't do much for me.

The initial Cap-Thor exchange about haircuts and copying beards was money though.

Saving the return of the shield for the big finale.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Part 1 was huge on Thor, Iron Man, and the Guardians.

Expect Part 2 to have a lot more Cap and Hulk.
israeliag
AG
jackie childs said:

rhutton125 said:

I'd been pulling for Thanos to make his entrance by knocking out the Hulk for a while now, but now I'm in favor of Hulk having at least one big dominating moment. He's had a rough go of it lately:

- loses to the Hulkbuster
- should have lost to Thor
- knocked out by Thanos

He needs one big "nobody is as strong as the Hulk" moment before Ruffalo bows out. Whether that is 2019 or years later.
the Hulk is interesting because he's a crowd/audience favorite, but i'd imagine Ruffalo (as an actor) probably prefers films like IW where he's mostly playing Banner.

but yeah, i can't imagine that Hulk won't bounce back in a big way in Avengers 4.
Yeah, really need to see Hulk hulk the F out.

To add, it also seems like Banner's had a rough go, not just Hulk.

- Helped create Ultron
- Stuck inside of Hulk for years (years right?)
- Estranged from both Hulk and Black Widow
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Question. Someone on a review mentioned that Cap was "with" Black Widow now.

Did anyone else get that? Cause it seems like a pretty big assumption to me. I thought the "Well this is awkward" comment was just about Banner/BW.
rhutton125
AG
Quote:

That's actually my biggest beef with GOTG2. After he blows up that spaceship, he has jack **** to do for the next 90 minutes. I need my Drax doing plenty of stabbing.
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Did anyone else get that? Cause it seems like a pretty big assumption to me. I thought the "Well this is awkward" comment was just about Banner/BW.

Nah, I think it was just awkward because Bruce basically walked out on Nat and returned unannounced.
Ulrich
I didn't get that either. I think Cap happened to be behind BW in the shot prior to "This is awkward" and people are running with that.

Then again, I've never been good at seeing that sort of thing.
Baba Ganoush
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Agreed it was for Banner/BW. I'm assuming a dire threat to BW in AV 4 is what causes Hulk to finally come out of his shell (no big stretch there).
TexasAggie_02
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Nah, I think it was just awkward because Bruce basically walked out on Nat and returned unannounced.
yeah. it's awkward b/c Bruce loved her, but she "needed the big guy" and shoved him off a cliff in Ultron. Then he hung up on her call in the quinjet and vanished for 2 years.
bearamedic99
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

leap of false logic. Natasha is not with anyone.
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Said this from the beginning. Both Winter Soldier and Civil War established a STRONG connection between BW and Cap. That said, it's nothing more than a solid friendship. No romance, just connection as friends in what they have gone through together.
chipotle
Cap can do better
israeliag
AG
He should at least go for someone closer in age. Pretty creepy dating someone 60 years his younger.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Finally saw it last night and loved it. I'm so glad I managed to avoid any spoilers over the past week. Juggling all the characters, storylines and locations of this movie was a massive undertaking and I think they did a wonderful job pulling it off. I couldn't think of a single suggestion I could offer that would make this movie better, and I'm the kind of annoying movie watcher who almost always has ideas on how a story could have been told better.

Regarding Hulk, my impression of his refusal to come out is that he's ashamed of his loss to Thanos.

Looking forward, I wonder if Thanos will continue as the villain in the next Avengers film or if he'll come to regret his decision to kill half the universe and play a role in undoing what he's done.

They gave his character more depth than expected. He ends the film the victor, yet several times makes a point of saying how anguished he is in his victory. Even after the snap of his finger, during that dream state, he says he lost "everything" to accomplish his goal. I'm just not sure I see him sitting on his random planet watching the sunrise over and over and waiting for the Avengers to come find him. Maybe he realizes what a huge mistake he made and how hollow his victory is without anyone to share it with.

Other things I'd expect in the next film... A reconciliation of Stark and Captain America, likely with a joint fight of them vs the primary antagonist where they sacrifice themselves to restore the universe. I'd wager the end of the next movie is a mirror of the end of this one. Everyone who died with the snap is restored with Stark and Rogers' sacrifice, and as the dead materialize, they discover and mourn the deaths of the friends who fought to bring them back. Many go into retirement (those contracts have to end at some point), Barnes becomes the new Captain America, and we get a tease of what the overarching threat of Phase 4 might be. (My personal hope is Sony let's Marvel have Norman Osborne back and he has an end-of-film cameo announcing the creation H.A.M.M.E.R., which he pitches as a much-needed replacement for SHIELD, but which will have sinister undertones that will slowly be revealed in Phase 4.)
Thanks and gig'em
ScottBowen
AG
I don't think Barnes is a good enough character to carry his own movie. He never really has been. I could see him as a sidekick for Black Panther in the sequel (White Wolf?)
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Saw this article earlier... says Cap and BW were just hanging out and purely platonic between CW and IW.

https://nerdist.com/captain-america-black-widow-avengers-infinity-war-civil-war/
jtstanley4621
AG
ScottBowen said:

I don't think Barnes is a good enough character to carry his own movie. He never really has been. I could see him as a sidekick for Black Panther in the sequel (White Wolf?)

I think that'd be pretty cool. I agree, he's probably better as just a side character
jeffk
AG
So how does Stark get back to Earth? Hitch a ride from Capt Marvel or does he find Quill's ship parked around the corner?
hurleyag
AG
jeffk said:

does he find Quill's ship parked around the corner?
This would be my guess. Nebula would be more than capable of piloting.
jackie childs
jeffk said:

So how does Stark get back to Earth? Hitch a ride from Capt Marvel or does he find Quill's ship parked around the corner?
Yeah, I would think Nebula could pilot the Milano to Earth.

Or maybe Thor uses the bifrost?
TexasAggie_02
AG
rhutton125 said:

- loses to the Hulkbuster Happened 3 years ago
- should have lost to Thor More recent, but he "won" and doesn't care
- knocked out by Thanos Winner winner

Don't forget, that Hulk was kicking ass and taking names for 2 years nonstop. Probably straight out murdered several gladiators (RIP old Doug). He went 2 whole years without losing a fight. Hulkbuster fight really is an afterthought at this point; he's riding high from all his victories in the arena.

Even the fights he lost or almost lost (thor/hulkbuster) he put up a MASSIVE fight. Thanos straight out made Hulk his b**ch, and Heimdall saved him from further embarrassment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.