*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,747 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder how much is because it's kinda part 1 of a two parter and kinda not?
Bruce Almighty
AG
So it's basically the first half of a 6 hour movie that spends a lot of time moving parts around and getting things set in place for a kick ass ending. My biggest problem with the first Avengers movie was that the first 30 minutes were boring. My worry for this movie was that it would be like that only with a much longer setup. If the ending is great, it'll be worth it though.
Brick Tamland
Same.
Cromagnum
AG
See y'all after Saturday.
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Dang. I hate that fight. Oh well.
PURE speculation and guesswork.
Brick Tamland
Still going in with an open mind. The hype train has gotten me to expect greatness so we will see.
wangus12
AG
Seems surprisingly split since this is supposed to by Marvel's tour de force with bringing everything together.
John Matrix
AG
wangus12 said:

Seems surprisingly split since this is supposed to by Marvel's tour de force with bringing everything together.
I actually kind of dig that things seem split; to me it seems like they took some risks, of which I'm a huge fan. Of course, I liked The Last Jedi, so make of that what you will. However, it's a little concerning that they keep referencing the airport battle from Civil War because, while I actually ended up loving that film, that specific scene was that one moment when I was kind of like, " You know, those DC fanboys who say nothing significant happens in the MCU kind of have a point." While the airport scene is fun and well-shot, it's all jokes and quips that emphasize the idea that no one is going to get seriously hurt here. To me, the final battle with Zemo completely redeemed that scene because there were real emotional stakes there that were not in the airport scene. An entire movie of that is not a good idea. That being said, I'm out of here until I see it next week.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm in the same boat. The split idea strikes me that they took risks. Sounds like some liked it, some didn't. If nothing else, it sounds like the scope will be unlike anything we've ever seen.

I still maintain this might be one of the greatest cinematic achievements in history. The shared universe and I don't know how many films all building a single universe that culminates in this film.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm sure the references to the airport battle has more to do with there being a huge battle involving lots of characters and not necessarily a lack of significance or that nobody gets hurt.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a good point regarding Last Jedi. Could be a good sign.

But, totally agree with your take on the airport battle and am hoping that type of feeling is avoided here.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The one tweet about a Thor and Rocket buddy movie spinoff makes it sound like Thor escapes this movie alive. I could be over thinking it though.
AgMarauder04
AG
In the airport battle, Civil War was a set up and more about tearing the team apart as opposed to actual deaths.

People will die this time around. There should be a significant number of deaths, tbh, if this film is to have any gravitas. Personally, I LOVED the airport battle, but I get why not everyone did. I would be that comparison is for people looking for something comparable.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
How many post credit scenes? Only 1 apparently.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Anyone have guesses or ideas to trailers being attached to this?
TCTTS
AG
From my follow up in the 2018 Release Schedule thread...

Quote:

Quote:

Just FYI, over the next couple of weeks it looks like we're getting new trailers for...

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Final Trailer
In theaters with either Rampage (4/13) or Avengers: Infinity War (4/27), but likely online in the next week or two.

The Meg
Teaser Trailer
In theaters next with Rampage (4/13). Should be online at some point next week.

Ocean's 8
Final Trailer
In theaters next with Rampage (4/13). Should be online at some point next week.

Solo: A Star Wars Story
Final Trailer
In theaters with either Rampage (4/13) or Avengers: Infinity War (4/27). Maybe online next week, but I'm betting it debuts the week of the 27th.

Those four are confirmed to be releasing, but I'd also expect another batch of high profile trailers with Infinity War the week of the 27th that could include...

- Ant-Man and the Wasp (Final Trailer)
- Aquaman (Teaser Trailer)
- Bumblebee (Teaser Trailer)
- The Equalizer 2 (Teaser Trailer)
- First Man (Teaser Trailer)
- Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Final Trailer)
- The Predator (Teaser Trailer)
- Robin Hood (Teaser Trailer)
- Venom (Full Trailer)

... among others.

In other words, expect a ton of new blockbuster trailers over the next three weeks.

Following up on this, all of the "confirmed" trailers have now been released, along with The Equalizer 2 trailer from the lower/guess list. So now it's just waiting game to see which of the remaining hit over the next week or so. Christopher McQuarrie said yesterday that a new M:I6 trailer is imminent, so I bet that's coming next week, and there are rumors that the First Man trailer is playing theatrically in select cities as of this past weekend, so I'm thinking that goes wide/online next week as well. As for the others, I haven't heard a peep, but Aquaman has long been rumored to debut its first trailer with Avengers, though no news as of late.
TCTTS
AG
I would rule out Aquaman at this point, as footage just premiered at CinemaCon this afternoon but apparently isn't yet ready for public consumption.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For what it's worth, a lot of the youtube reviews (Schmoes Know, Jeremy Jahns, etc) seem to be pretty middling as well.
Quinn
AG
https://nerdist.com/avengers-infinity-war-is-marvels-empire-strikes-back-review/

Pretty positive review from Drew McWeeny - basically spoiler free, though I think I can deduct a thing or two from it.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Thank you
FancyKetchup14
AG
ja86
AG
Well at least it seems they got a good villian.
TCTTS
AG
Quinn said:

https://nerdist.com/avengers-infinity-war-is-marvels-empire-strikes-back-review/

Pretty positive review from Drew McWeeny - basically spoiler free, though I think I can deduct a thing or two from it.

Man, selfishly, that's tough to see. For nearly a year I've been paying Drew to review on the site I was co-running while we built our new platform, but we recently had to shut down our editorial division for the time being while we look for additional funding. Landing him was such a big deal for me, as I've been reading his work since the late '90s, but I'm glad to see him somewhere like Nerdist for the time being. He's such a good guy, and one of the best in the business. Dude is the Godfather of online film journalism. Hopefully we'll be able to team up again down the line...
Quinn
AG
TCTTS said:

Quinn said:

Man, selfishly, that's tough to see. For nearly a year I've been paying Drew to review on the site I was co-running while we built our new platform, but we recently had to shut down our editorial division for the time being while we look for additional funding. Landing him was such a big deal for me, as I've been reading his work since the late '90s, but I'm glad to see him somewhere like Nerdist for the time being. He's such a good guy, and one of the best in the business. Dude is the Godfather of online film journalism. Hopefully we'll be able to team up again down the line...
Interesting - I read a couple of his reviews on your site (didn't know it was yours!), though his schedule of reviews seemed pretty sporadic (might have been just me missing them being posted). I started reading him on Hitfix 5 or 6 years ago and have enjoyed his work ever since.

He seems like a good, if extremely emotional (and maybe occasionally troubled?,) guy. You can tell he really cares about film and cares about his kids, which is cool to see.
AgMarauder04
AG
I went to look something up about the film and clicked on the wikipedia link.

Heads up.

Full plot recap is posted.
AgFan1999
AG
I was just coming to post the same warning.
AgMarauder04
AG
I figured once the review embargo was lifted, plot recaps would start to pop up. Grateful I saw the subtitle change from "Premise" to "Plot" before Is scrolled any farther.
Rapier108
Screw it.

Clearly *SPOILERS* do NOT mean SPOILERS to some individuals.
Bruce Almighty
AG

Come on man, delete this post. It contains potential spoilers.
BEaggie08
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

In the thread that says SPOILERS allowed?
Bruce Almighty
AG
BEaggie08 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

The movie hasn't been released yet.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I take the spoilers allowed to mean once the movie comes out. The other marvel thread doesn't want spoilers for a bit, so once people see the movie they have a place to discuss it. I don't think it applies to spoilers that spoil the movie for people before it's out.

But that's just me
AgMarauder04
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

BEaggie08 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

The movie hasn't been released yet.
That's probably why wikipedia deleted the section.
The Debt
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I take the spoilers allowed to mean once the movie comes out. The other marvel thread doesn't want spoilers for a bit, so once people see the movie they have a place to discuss it. I don't think it applies to spoilers that spoil the movie for people before it's out.

But that's just me

So OP just wanted to be first to create a spoiler thread?

"Hey hun, the thread I started now has 84 replies!"
"You're so hawt SeattleAg! I guess I'll have to change my no-threeway policy."
AgMarauder04
AG
I didn't do it! This isn't my thread. Don't put that evil on me!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.