*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,726 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Omg Thanos gets all the gems and snaps his fingers. Half the universe is gone. I didn't think they'd actually do it.
I really didn't think they would.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Omg Thanos gets all the gems and snaps his fingers. Half the universe is gone. I didn't think they'd actually do it.
You did that thing where you tried to pass it off as a prediction.

Pathetic and sad.

Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Farmer1906 said:

Farmer1906 said:

You did that thing where you tried to pass it off as a prediction.

Pathetic and sad.

Since we had a spoiler thread I wanted to drop the biggest spoiler there could be.

AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
So can we assume Adam Warlock is inside the soulstone?
Farmer1906
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

I thought this was Adam Warlock.

M.C. Swag
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

Nah, they showed his cocoon in GotG2 post credits with Ayesha (the gold-plated leader of the Sovereign).
Sex Panther
AG
The more I think about this movie, the more I think it was just incredible.

The ending was flat out jaw-dropping, even if we know it will get reversed.

One of my best friends who likes these movies a lot but doesn't follow Hollywood, called me last night so confused to discuss it. He had no idea there's another one in a year. He thought this was the finale (which Forbes had a good article about them pivoting and not selling this as a two-parter). He was legitimately saddened and conflicted by what happened. I think for the average moviegoer, Marvel pretty much pulled off the Empire of this generation.
Bobcat06
AG
So what's the story with all the unused footage in the trailer that never made it into the film? (For example everyone in Wakanda charging together)

I would normally assume that parts were cut and will be included in the director's cut, but there are clips of Hulk busting out of the Hulkbuster suit. That is antithetical to Banner's character arc, so I doubt it was ever intended to be in the film at all.
Brick Tamland
Poor rabbit.. all alone..
Claude!
jackie childs said:

how about Avengers: Oh Snap!

Is Gwen Stacy involved?
wangus12
AG
Claude! said:

jackie childs said:

how about Avengers: Oh Snap!

Is Gwen Stacy involved?
M.C. Swag
AG
Bobcat06 said:

So what's the story with all the unused footage in the trailer that never made it into the film? (For example everyone in Wakanda charging together)

I would normally assume that parts were cut and will be included in the director's cut, but there are clips of Hulk busting out of the Hulkbuster suit. That is antithetical to Banner's character arc, so I doubt it was ever intended to be in the film at all.

Marvel has been doing that for a few movies now. They make scenes specifically for trailers knowing it'll never make the film cut. I actually appreciate it.
Quad Dog
AG
Sex Panther said:

One of my best friends who likes these movies a lot but doesn't follow Hollywood, called me last night so confused to discuss it. He had no idea there's another one in a year. He thought this was the finale (which Forbes had a good article about them pivoting and not selling this as a two-parter). He was legitimately saddened and conflicted by what happened. I think for the average moviegoer, Marvel pretty much pulled off the Empire of this generation.
Can you imagine what would have happened had this movie came out before the internet and pop culture boom? If we had seen that movie not knowing about contracts or upcoming movie deals?
Bobcat06
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Bobcat06 said:

Marvel has been doing that for a few movies now. They make scenes specifically for trailers knowing it'll never make the film cut. I actually appreciate it.
What other films have they done it for?
bthotugigem05
AG
I hate watching trailers (I managed to avoid every trailer for this one) so I appreciate them putting nonsense scenes in the trailers so in case I accidentally catch a part of it I'm still ok.
Sex Panther
AG
Quad Dog said:

Sex Panther said:

Can you imagine what would have happened had this movie came out before the internet and pop culture boom? If we had seen that movie not knowing about contracts or upcoming movie deals?

Literally what I told my friend word for word
M.C. Swag
AG
Bobcat06 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Bobcat06 said:

In the recent past, trailers for Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, and Black Panther have all differed from the final product in various ways. Some of them used CGI to edit key details out of "spoilery" scenes: the Ragnarok trailer removed; Thor's eye injury and Black Panther edited Killmonger to look like T'Challa in a glimpse of him walking into the throne room.

Spider-Man and Iron Man flying through New York together in the Homecoming trailer. (That shot in particular was created solely for use in the trailer, and was never intended to make the final cut.)

The trailers for Infinity War are the most blatantly misleading yet. Remember the Thanos line everyone was quoting when the first teaser came out? "Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe. But this does put a smile on my face," he says in voice-over. What a cool line that isn't ever said in the movie.

IW has alot more; 1) in the trailer where Thor meets the GotG for the first time (that's different in that the guardians have weapons drawn and Drax isn't initially in the screenshot) and obviously the studio removing the other 3 stones from the Guantlet when Capt America is 'holding Thanos back.'
Ag Since 83
AG
Star Wars has done similar things, particularly with Rogue One. The first trailer was full of stuff the film team told the marketing team they had already cut, but marketing didn't care. Must be a Disney strategy to just go for cool looking stuff regardless of if it's in the movie or not
Carlo4
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Cromagnum said:

It was all fun and games until the snap, then my theater was as quiet as a church until the end credits.
my wife got mad at me cause I reached for a big ole handful of popcorn and started munching away during the scilence...
Yeah and all the singing along you do, too?!?
cav14
M.C. Swag said:

Bobcat06 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Bobcat06 said:

In the recent past, trailers for Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, and Black Panther have all differed from the final product in various ways. Some of them used CGI to edit key details out of "spoilery" scenes: the Ragnarok trailer removed; Thor's eye injury and Black Panther edited Killmonger to look like T'Challa in a glimpse of him walking into the throne room.

Spider-Man and Iron Man flying through New York together in the Homecoming trailer. (That shot in particular was created solely for use in the trailer, and was never intended to make the final cut.)

The trailers for Infinity War are the most blatantly misleading yet. Remember the Thanos line everyone was quoting when the first teaser came out? "Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe. But this does put a smile on my face," he says in voice-over. What a cool line that isn't ever said in the movie.

IW has alot more; 1) in the trailer where Thor meets the GotG for the first time (that's different in that the guardians have weapons drawn and Drax isn't initially in the screenshot) and obviously the studio removing the other 3 stones from the Guantlet when Capt America is 'holding Thanos back.'
Also the Hulkbuster jumping up and landing back down with nobody else around it.
Thanos without the Soul and Reality Stone on Titan.
Bruce Banner standing outside of the Hulkbuster suit with the arm of the hulkbuster behind him.
Black Widow head turned with a smile in Wakanda
M.C. Swag
AG
Yea there were a ton.
Bobcat06
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Bobcat06 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Bobcat06 said:

I'm not talking about using CGI to prevent spoilers.

I'm talking about scenes made just for the trailer. IW had tons.

Outside of the Iron Man/Spiderman shot in Homecoming, I'm not aware of any for other movies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"The end is near."

Never said in the movie. Matter of fact, even in the trailer, I could never tell who was saying it. Definitely not Thanos.

Also, that overhead shot of Black Widow and Bruce Banner looking up at the sky with the Hulkbuster glove in frame. Looks to be Avengers headquarters.
M.C. Swag
AG
ok, well i'm just telling you that trailer specific edits or shots isn't a new thing for Marvel movies. I expect it to continue in both cgi spoiler protection scenes or in marketing specific shots that play better (such as the charging hulk and IM/SM scenes).
fig96
AG
Bobcat06 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Bobcat06 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Bobcat06 said:

I'm not talking about using CGI to prevent spoilers.

I'm talking about scenes made just for the trailer. IW had tons.

Outside of the Iron Man/Spiderman shot in Homecoming, I'm not aware of any for other movies.
I think you'd be surprised.

Trailers are cut well in advance of the film most of the time, often by outside production houses who are sent unfinished shots that may or may not make the final film.

Disney may be the exception in "creating" shots as they're very careful crafting the messaging and build up for this film, but a lot of trailers have shots that were included in the trailer then left out in the final edit.
Swarely
I'm just loving all the memes from this

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy crap.
cav14
I will also say that it has been speculated that those "cut" scenes are scenes for Avengers 4. The scene of the Hulk running with the rest of Wakanda is actually them going back in time and trying to fight Thanos and his army again.
TCTTS
AG
http://www.didthanoskill.me
Quincey P. Morris
AG
TCTTS said:

http://www.didthanoskill.me

I was spared. My wife was not so fortunate.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I died.
Farmer1906
AG
Alive and well. Guess I can be in Avengers 4.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Alive and well. Guess I can be in Avengers 4.

So can everybody that dies apparently.
Not a Bot
AG
Quote:

You were slain by Thanos, for the good of the Universe.
Swarely
Quote:

You were slain by Thanos, for the good of the Universe.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.