*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,742 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

wangus12 said:

Also. Marvel better hope Captain Marvel is a huge success because she is gonna be the key
Kinda felt like an ad for the next big thing. And deaths not as impactful as they could have been if I didn't know there were movies coming out called Spiderman 2, Black Panther 2 and GOTG3

Am I the only person who thinks it's really dumb that her name is Captain Marvel when the brand is Marvel?

I mean, George Lucas had some stupid names but at least there wasn't an alien named General Starwarz walking around in the prequels.
Well I choked up when Peter died in Tony's arms
wangus12
AG
I am extremely surprised that both Cap and Stark are still alive. In fact all the og Avengers are.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Once Black Panther disappeared you knew it was all coming back.

Makes you wonder if anyone really died, like Gamora.
Phat32
AG
wangus12 said:

I am extremely surprised that both Cap and Stark are still alive. In fact all the og Avengers are.

*HRC voice* FOLLOW THE MONEY
wangus12
AG
I mean it all gets reversed in the comics as well so there's that
Gangnam Style
AG
All the characters with expiring contracts live, all the characters with sequels die.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They should have a cutaway scene to Hawkeye and Antman trying to jump the battery of a rent-a-car in Wakanda to get to the fight then have them both disintegrate.
Saxsoon
AG
Lots of parents are going to be putting crying kids to bed after that ending
wangus12
AG
Saxsoon said:

I was thinking about texting my coworker whose son is a massive Marvel fan (he's 6) and saying to not take him
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
wangus12 said:

Saxsoon said:

I was thinking about texting my coworker whose son is a massive Marvel fan (he's 6) and saying to not take him
don't be that guy. I saw Vader tell Luke the big secret and cut his hand off when I was 6 and i lived.
wangus12
AG
I ain't no snitch. There were definitely some shellshocked kids in our theater
toucan82
There were a few shocked adults in mine.
Juan Solo
AG
toucan82 said:

There were a few shocked adults in mine.

I needed a hug.
abram97
AG
THAT was a good movie! It will be reversed. All survivors will get to die the second time around...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MrPlow2010
AG
Red Skull
RadAg14
AG
InternetFan02
AG
Thor is the mvp - humor drama and action...all of it. Thor 1 and 2 are my least favorite mcu movies and now with this and Ragnorok he's the best.

Biggest cheer - Thor returns with axe
Biggest laugh - Thor and Dinklage well yeah that's what being killed is

A fully enjoyable movie experience - that's what it's all about. My 13 year old is obsessed with all things marvel and got everything he wanted. My 10 year old was crying at the end. It's the Empire strikes Back of mcu. They did it
Farmer1906
AG
So much happened. That movie should have been 4 hours. It was so good yet I feel like it was rushed (small slow down in the middle). It was like I couldn't process one big moment because there were 3 more happening. Overall, huge balls to go in the direction they did. Obviously, things will be reversed. It'll just be a matter of how. And like someone already said, we're any of the deaths real? I would think so (Hem, Loki, Gamora) but who knows.

Alright. End credits scene coming on for me.
RadAg14
AG
Dr. Strange's powers are so ****ing good. That 1v1 moment with him and thanos was a highlight for me.

I was expecting cap to die when facing thanos. Had to sit up in my seat and prepare for some tears.

Guess we can say that it happens in A4

Farmer1906
AG
The Titan scenes > Wakanda scenes which is backwards for me since most of my favorite characters were in Wakanda.
Farmer1906
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

Red Skull

That was a nice twist.
MBAR
AG
wangus12 said:

Saxsoon said:

Kids aren't that fragile man.
MBAR
AG
Thoughts:

Spiderman fight scenes were a step above everyone else. Maybe because we've seen less of him than the others but I LOVED his action sequences. A real highlight for me.

I think some of the deaths will definitely stick. The entire universe has been building to this and what an amazing payoff. That being said, even if its some of the secondary characters, they have to start trimming back some as they introduce more. Most of the deaths really hit home for me. Some of the death scenes were amazingly done.

Even if they reverse it, for the next year a lot of those characters are dead. It takes big ****ing balls to pull that.

As a standalone movie this thing would be a huge mess, so I can see why some critics will point to that. That being said, this isn't a stand alone movie. You don't watch the final episode of a season of Game of Thrones and no one should walk into this movie without having seen at the very least a good portion of the MCU.

Thanos will return was a savage move. Loved it.

I'm sure in the future I'll see more flaws with this movie, but fthis is EXACTLY what I had hoped for. I'm very glad they didn't spend a decade getting to this to only use Thanos for one film.
InternetFan02
AG
End credits confirm arrested development Easter egg - said arrested development character used courtesy of 20th century fox

Olsen
AG
Did anyone catch what was written on the screen after the post credit scene and the Marvel Studios logo? I missed it.
ScottBowen
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Did anyone catch what was written on the screen after the post credit scene and the Marvel Studios logo? I missed it.
"Thanos will return"

Incredible movie. Here's my theory about what happens next: Nobody died. When Thanos snapped his fingers, a parallel universe was created that contains everyone we saw disintegrate. In their universe, from their perspective, Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, etc. all evaporated. In other words... all the characters whose contracts are up and don't have any more movies coming out.

That universe will be the one the MCU continues in. Everyone will discover this in the next movie, and some sort of contrivance (maybe involving Captain Marvel) will allow them to save a few characters like Rocket while Stark/Rogers/Thor stay behind.

Also, we will find out that Doctor Strange allowed Thanos to have the Time Stone because he needed to save Tony Stark in order for the one good future outcome to occur.
Olsen
AG
Thank you!
TXAGFAN
AG
Farmer1906 said:

MrPlow2010 said:

Red Skull

That was a nice twist.
Help me out, how does he fit in with the soul stone?
MBAR
AG
TXAGFAN said:

Farmer1906 said:

MrPlow2010 said:

Red Skull

That was a nice twist.
Help me out, how does he fit in with the soul stone?
He doesn't really except that he tried to get it after the space stone (tesseract) banished him in the first avenger.
Ag Since 83
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah that was definitely the point it went from "oh wow they are actually gonna lose a few of them" to "ok, none of this is permanent"

If they leave Gamora dead after the next one I will give them a lot of credit
AgMarauder04
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah that was definitely the point it went from "oh wow they are actually gonna lose a few of them" to "ok, none of this is permanent"

I kinda feel like the ones who died before he snapped his fingers can and should stay dead. Gamora, Heimdall, Loki, Vision.
Ag Since 83
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Ag Since 83 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I kinda feel like the ones who died before he snapped his fingers can and should stay dead. Gamora, Heimdall, Loki, Vision.
Are we to assume Valkyrie is dead? She was on the Asgardian ship at the end of Ragnarok, right?

As for the others: we all knew Loki was dying, but damn that was fast. Vision is no great loss in my opinion. Heimdall makes me the saddest. Gamora is the only one I can see maybe being brought back because a) she's obviously in a franchise that has the biggest future, b) her death was related to the soul stone so there might be something there, and c) even Thanos has a reason to try and find a way to bring her back if he can
The Debt
ScottBowen said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

"Thanos will return"

Incredible movie. Here's my theory about what happens next: Nobody died. When Thanos snapped his fingers, a parallel universe was created that contains everyone we saw disintegrate. In their universe, from their perspective, Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, etc. all evaporated. In other words... all the characters whose contracts are up and don't have any more movies coming out.

That universe will be the one the MCU continues in. Everyone will discover this in the next movie, and some sort of contrivance (maybe involving Captain Marvel) will allow them to save a few characters like Rocket while Stark/Rogers/Thor stay behind.

Also, we will find out that Doctor Strange allowed Thanos to have the Time Stone because he needed to save Tony Stark in order for the one good future outcome to occur.

Thanos is just a real big fan of The Ledtovers
AgMarauder04
AG
Now I'm REALLY interested in the title to Avengers 4 as we were told it's a spoiler for this one
CoachRTM
AG
InternetFan02 said:

End credits confirm arrested development Easter egg - said arrested development character used courtesy of 20th century fox

I saw the "Arrested Development character courtesy of Fox..." line and wondered what the hell I missed.

Also, I feel really bad for those that are planning on seeing this next week and don't want to be spoiled. It's gonna be tough to not see anything.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.