*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,732 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
TXAGFAN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Was talking about this with a friend. Trying to think of the last time I left the theater with such a dead-quiet audience.

I think it was The Passion.
My showing of Dunkirk was pretty quiet after
Audience was sleeping? What a boring movie.
Whos Juan
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Was talking about this with a friend. Trying to think of the last time I left the theater with such a dead-quiet audience.

A friend and I were walking out of Club Dread when we saw a bunch of people walking out after The Passion. Not knowing what movie they had just seen, my friend looked at me and said "Jesus, who died?"
FL_Ag1998
AG
Whos Juan said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

A friend and I were walking out of Club Dread when we saw a bunch of people walking out after The Passion. Not knowing what movie they had just seen, my friend looked at me and said "Jesus, who died?"

Where'd you hear that joke at?
PatAg
AG
TXAGFAN said:

PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Some people have appreciation for events that actually happened. Clearly you're a dbag, not sure why I'm deigning to engage with you.
Noblemen06
AG
Saw it in a packed base theater in Korea last night - Cap reveal, opening shot of Wakanda (BP definitely has a following), and Thor arriving to kick ass got crazy reactions...what a fun (and dark) movie experience. Was a bit shocked but super satisfied that they had the stones (no pun intended) to "kill off" so many key characters after the finger snap. Felt like that was a very comic book move in defiance of what people expect out of movies. Glad Marvel maintained that level of loyalty to the source material considering how much they have to modify in a typical comic to screen adaptation. I'm pumped for Captain Marvel and the IW sequel now!
wangus12
AG
Some super sad parts of people dusting off. Falcon died alone and Peter Parker's spider sense picked up what was happening well before he died.
c-jags
Quote:

"Jesus, who died?"

Another favorite quote

"Who is your master?"

"..."

"What do you want me to say? Jesus?"

Made for a strong laugh, considering Pratt is the only christian in the cast I know of.
PooDoo
AG
The Banner/Hulk erectile disfunction bit was funny.
Pirate Angel was good too.

Anyone find it odd that Tony Stark had a flip phone?-
FightinTexasAg15
AG
So does this mean that GotG 3 is just going to be a rabbit wandering the galaxy alone?
Simplebay
AG
Pretty sure that was because there was 1 number, Cap, who gave him the phone
Andyzipp
AG
PooDoo said:

The Banner/Hulk erectile disfunction bit was funny.
Pirate Angel was good too.

Anyone find it odd that Tony Stark had a flip phone?-

Cap mailed that phone to Stark at the end of Civil War. It was delivered by Stan Lee to Tony Stank.
AliasMan02
AG
That was awesome. Still reeling.

My only complaint, and this is not something that impacted my enjoyment of the movie at all, is I don't like the "fold away into nothing" thing on the armors. They've been building to that but I prefer actual armor. I did like, however, that Stark's suit got thinner and more patchwork as Thanos kept destroying parts of it. Nice touch.

This movie had guts, man. I can't believe they pulled this off. Those complaining about the ending are missing the whole point that this ISN'T an ending, but an intermission.

My theory on letting the Time Stone go is that the final victory (the super Longshot 1 in 14 million) for the Avengers requires the gauntlet with all six stones, but Thanos was the only one capable of assembling them. So the deaths, temporary or not, were required to push through to the win on the other side.

So now maybe we get the true meaning of Avengers and Tony fulfilling his promise to Loki that if they fail to protect the Earth, they will at least avenge it. Only now it's about avenging the cosmos.

Random thought:

Tony definitely emerges from this thing with a kid, right?

The Russos need to do a Star Wars one-off movie.

Whole case killed it.

Couldn't believe how present Thanos was on the screen. Amazing for a CG character.

Glad we get the classic lineup in the next flick.

wangus12
AG
Yes this is Tony Stank
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Just got back.

"I don't want to go Mr. Stark."

Never thought a Marvel movie would send me reeling like that one did. Wow. Still processing.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

The Russos need to do a Star Wars one-off movie.
I'm so on-board with this.

Make it a political thriller like Winter Soldier......but about The Galactic Senate. jk
dave94
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

Just got back.

"I don't want to go Mr. Stark."

Never thought a Marvel movie would send me reeling like that one did. Wow. Still processing.

Dude, that scene was the most emotional of a bunch of moments in the last hour of this movie. Tom Holland was perfect in that scene. A scared kid, so real.

I definitely got watery eyes then and during several of the emotional exchanges. Vision-Wanda, Bucky as the first Oh Sh*t this is really happening, and of course Thanos-Gamora.

I loved this movie front to back, as a comic nerd back in the day and then following this cinematic story as it evolved over the last ten years. But I was shocked at how much emotion the Russos were able to bring out amidst all the bang-wow moments.

I walked out wanting to immediately watch it again. They nailed this.
WaltonAg18
AG
Just got back from watching it. I've never been more satisfied with a comic book movie, or any movie for that matter, in my life. The fact that they finally had the balls to do what they couldn't in Civil War (Cap should've died!) was amazing.

This is the first one that felt more like a comic book, and less like a catering for the masses. There was so much humor juxtaposed with extremely dark moments. I like that they did the same thing for the trailers that they did with Ragnarok, I didn't expect Thanos to get every single stone in this one.

My wife hated it, said it was too dark and left off on a dark note with no hope, no loose threads for the next movie.... all of which I disputed and said she was wrong on. The Captain Marvel signal, the fact that Strange said there was only one way, the destruction of the gauntlet... speaking of which, was the one in Nidavellirr a mold or an extra?

I went into it spoiler free, but I did watch a lot of theories. One of them was on Thor's new weapon, which was exactly what I wanted. The fact that Groot served as the handle made it all the more epic. His lightning attacks reminded me a lot of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

How the **** did Cap stop Thanos' punch?! He had all the stones!
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
The Debt
PatAg said:

TXAGFAN said:

PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Some people have appreciation for events that actually happened. Clearly you're a dbag, not sure why I'm deigning to engage with you.

Only an idiot would say Dunkirk is boring. Every scene forces tension except the fuel-less landing
ramblin_ag02
AG
I took Cap stopping Thanos' punch as a battle of wills. Once Cap was touching the Guantlet it was his will vs Thanos' for control of the stones. I think that's why Thanos looked so surprised.

I agree that magicking everyone back would be cheesy as hell and retrospectively ruin this movie. But they need to do something. I think that moving forward that the surviving Avengers live up to their name and take out Thanos. Also think that any resurrections are going to require other characters to die in exchange
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nickstro66
AG
Just got out of the movie. I can't believe what just happened.
PatAg
AG
Damn that movie was awesome... as much as I love Iron Man and RDJ in the role, he should have died in that scene. Ultimately, its a comic book movie, and they dont do that, but ******* that would have been memorable.
heddleston
AG
Im with you, I also expected Thanos' knockout punch to Cap to have been lethal. That said, it was still incredible and I'm good with them living. The gut wrench of seeing Stark hold Parker in his arms as he drifted away was worth it.
dave94
AG
PatAg said:

Damn that movie was awesome... as much as I love Iron Man and RDJ in the role, he should have died in that scene. Ultimately, its a comic book movie, and they dont do that, but ******* that would have been memorable.

I thought for sure that Stark was about to die, but inside I was realizing that we HAVE to have a final moment between Cap and Tony.

Still, as the purge was happening, I was worrying about every single character that was on screen. Black Panther and so many Guardians f*cked me up.
dave94
AG
heddleston said:

Im with you, I also expected Thanos' knockout punch to Cap to have been lethal. That said, it was still incredible and I'm good with them living. The gut wrench of seeing Stark hold Parker in his arms as he drifted away was worth it.

Tom Holland nailed that scene. Scared kid, what's happening, "I don't want to go", holy sh*t that was gut wrenching.
heddleston
AG
Holland (and Marvel) have nailed Spiderman and Peter Parker. His quipping while fighting Thanos (magic! magic kick!) had me rolling. He may be the best, most accurate film adaptation of a comic hero yet.
txam92
AG
Maybe the Soul stone comes into play when they rewind back. Red Skull said a "soul for a soul". Maybe that's how some of the originals sacrifice themselves? Just a guess on my part.
Beat40
Holy smokes! This movie delivered. All of the build up to Thanos and he was a freaking boss.

In my theaters there were definitely screams of NO! when Tony got stabbed. I did think that was the end for him.

Crazy that they at least had the guts to show deaths on screen. Some will definitely be walked back, but it's hard to see any all of them coming back.

Really wanting to watch it again.
Beat40
Also, a few observations:

1) They made Dr Sttange into a badass. That's incredible. I have no problems wanting to see a second Dr Strange.

2) Did they reveal the name of part two? They had Avengers: Infinity War before the credits and as it faded into dust, the left the two Is up there to show a Roman numeral 2.

3) I have so much more respect for Thor after this movie. Felt like his character grew a ton.

4) Honestly surprised how little Cap's role was in this. It's like they are setting up for a baller moment in the next movie or a shift of leadership. By that I mean he had an awesome entrance, and his moment with Thanos was lendary, but it just felt like he didn't have a ton to offer in this movie. Which I am totally ok with. For a mortal, he has some moments like Thor's hammer and the will for the stones that shock you.

5) The established Wanda has the strength to destroy the kind stone. I wish we could have gotten to see her powers going full tilt.

6) Peter Quill will saying he's 50% human and that makes him stronger than the others for being 100% human while Tony making fun of his math was awesome.

Also the Footlose quipping was awesome.
Whos Juan
AG
heddleston said:

Holland (and Marvel) have nailed Spiderman and Peter Parker. His quipping while fighting Thanos (magic! magic kick!) had me rolling. He may be the best, most accurate film adaptation of a comic hero yet.
"You mean like Footloose?"
"Yes! Exactly like Footloose! Is that still the greatest movie in history?"
"It never was."
The Debt
Considering Strange is protecting our universe from an infinite number of universes and evils, he is very over powered. I kept thinking why didnt strange use his sling ring to make a portal under thanos and send him to some universe.

I dont know if the reality stone can transport your corporeal self into an existing universe or just augments the universe you are in.
chipotle
As long as we're on the subject, Footloose is terrible. Shameful really.
mslags97
AG
One of my absolute favorite parts was an extremely small exchange. As they were coming to the destroyed Asgardian ship, Quill told them to put in their mean face, and Mantis had an absolutely hilarious "mean face". Too funny!!!
jac4
AG
Overall I loved the movie, but I wish that the characters in possession of Infinity stones would have at least attempted to use them to fight Thanos.

Like Loki using the Tesseract similar to Ronan and the power stone or the dark elf and the Aether and then attacking Thanos in a powered up state. Thanos still could have beat it out of him so to speak, but given Loki a more memorable death.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"What do you all do?"

"Kick names. Take ass."
TajMaballer
AG
heddleston said:

I think if we are going straight page to screen, the following actors have captured their character perfectly:

Tom Holland - Spider-Man
Robert Downey Jr. - Iron Man
Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool
Chris Evans - Captain America

Hugh Jackman made his iteration of Wolverine interesting and badass, but when I read comics, I never think of Jackman like I do with the above list.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.