*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,734 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
512Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And to think, some people got bent out of shape when I brought up that other disney-owned franchise a couple pages back. What a time to be alive!
TexasAggie_02
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG

TexasAggie_02
AG
dave94
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

I know if Iron Man went out like Luke I'd be pissed, especially if I waited 30+ years and a reboot to see him let loose
That was my biggest disappointment in the movie. Instead of astral-Luke not getting hit by lasers...actual Luke deflecting a million lasers cause he's so freaking bad@$$!!! I don't hate it. I think as fan I expected more than a passive Luke Skywalker.
TexasAggie_02
AG
break out the tissue

Obviously, spoilers

512Ag
AG
That freaking Peter Parker and Tony Stark moment is so good.
Sex Panther
AG

WE GOT HIM
AMW2010
AG
Sex Panther said:

WE GOT HIM

DONT LET HIM MAKE A FIST!!!
israeliag
AG
Sex Panther said:

WE GOT HIM

Check out that building he just came out of. Nice.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Sex Panther said:

WE GOT HIM
That was quick
AliasMan02
AG
Sitting down for my second viewing. Studio Movie Grill. Absolutely packed... single seats only.
Not a Bot
AG
So I just saw this for the 2nd time today. I've missed this in both films but caught a note in the credits this time.

Something along the lines of "Character from ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT property of Fox" or something like that. What did I miss?
TajMaballer
AG
timc08 said:

So I just saw this for the 2nd time today. I've missed this in both films but caught a note in the credits this time.

Something along the lines of "Character from ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT property of Fox" or something like that. What did I miss?

When the Guardians visit the Collector, there's a blue figure in one of the tubes that looks like Tobias.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The Russo Brothers directed some Arrested Development episodes there were hidden things from the show in Civil War and Infinity War.
AgMarauder04
AG
$200M in China.

Think I read it's officially past BP globally.

5th highest grossing film globally all time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TFA's worldwide total in trouble.
AgMarauder04
AG
That was what? Just under 2.1?

IW is currently at 1.6.

I think they take it. Question is how DP2 and Solo slow it down.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep.

Also held pretty strong domestic with $60M and a 46% drop. Holding much stronger than weekend #2.

Probably will do $700M.
Bruce Almighty
AG
It'll definitely pass Jurassic World. We'll see if it has the legs to pass TFA and Titanic. It's crazy to think that this time next year, Avengers could be #2 and #3 all time.
bearamedic99
AG
timc08 said:

here ya go https://news.avclub.com/yep-theres-an-arrested-development-character-hidden-in-1825618581
wessimo
AG
Haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone else find Peter Dinklage distracting in his role?

Seems like they could have done something (e.g. different accent) to make it seem like he wasn't just a giant version of Tyrion.
jeffk
AG
Yes, he sounded like he was doing a Zoolander impersonation the whole time.
Living Legend
AG
wessimo said:

Haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone else find Peter Dinklage distracting in his role?

Seems like they could have done something (e.g. different accent) to make it seem like he wasn't just a giant version of Tyrion.
His performance was the only thing I did not like about the movie. It was so distracting.
bigjohn1
AG
wessimo said:

But, the whole point was that Thor said they were going to see the "Dwarves" - he just did not specify that they were bigger than humans, but still maintained dwarf stature/body type. It made sense to me.
TexasAggie_02
AG

Yeah, they could've used a Jericho Missile right about then.

wessimo
AG
The problem wasn't that he was a dwarf. The problem was that it felt like he was playing a giant Tyrion.
OnlyForNow
AG
Agree.

I was like so Tyrion is in the movie and he's a giant alien blacksmith.
The Debt
TexasAggie_02 said:

Yeah, they could've used a Jericho Missile right about then.

This is why Africa is only worth 3 extra men in risk. They are terrible at war.
jeffk
AG
Bunch of colonizers up in here.
TexasAggie_02
AG
interesting observation from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/8j4lol/proof_that_spoilers_is_not_dead/

In Dr Strange, the ancient one was never able to see past that one moment in time, b/c she had died.

In IW, Strange was able to see their victory b/c he lived.
TCTTS
AG
Random thought, but this would be GREAT final shot/call back if Stark dies in the next one. In the Iron Man suit this time, and he's set off some kind of bomb or missiles that wipe out Thanos or another enemy, sacrificing himself in the process...

TexasAggie_02
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
so there's a theory going around online that Loki is alive and impersonating Banner, hence why he can't Hulk out.

Seems to be a little far-fetched, but one thing that I thought of that would back that up is that Banner knows a lot about Thanos when he arrives in New York.

Typically, he has no recollection of what happens while Hulked out "did i hurt anyone" "Did we save sokovia" "I've been Hulk for 2 years!?" But this time, he's all like "Thanos is coming, He's after the stones, He is responsible for Loki attacking New York"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.