*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

205,288 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dave94 said:

jeffk said:

Thor was the best part of the movie for me, but upon the second watch it was even weirder how he was inexplicably a no-show in the last big Thanos fight on Earth until after the last stone is collected.

But that Thanos fight took what, a couple of minutes? Lots of slow motion as he took out every Avenger in no time at all. He spent longer talking to Wanda and then he reversed all that out too.
It slowed when they were trying to take his little glove off. Plus to did stop and talk to Tony for a min too.
jeffk
AG
I know it was a plot device to not have him there, it was just a lot more obvious upon the second viewing.
Farmer1906
AG
jeffk said:

I know it was a plot device to not have him there, it was just a lot more obvious upon the second viewing.
On my 2nd (maybe it was 4th) viewing, I saw they actually show him flying away destroying the ships away from the little-wooded area where he shows up.
dave94
AG
Now I'm confused as to the question...

The timeframe between Thor getting his axe and Thanos fighting Stark, Strange, etc. is probably not meant to be totally concurrent. That was more for pacing of the story I think.

When Thor does show up in Wakanda, it didn't take me out of the moment thinking about what took him so long.

I thought y'all were asking about why he didn't axe Thanos as soon as he (Thanos) teleported into the forest. That's where I meant it wasn't a long time for him to take out Cap, BP, etc.
TexasAggie_02
AG
dave94 said:

The timeframe between Thor getting his axe and Thanos fighting Stark, Strange, etc. is probably not meant to be totally concurrent. That was more for pacing of the story I think.

When Thor does show up in Wakanda, it didn't take me out of the moment thinking about what took him so long.

I thought y'all were asking about why he didn't axe Thanos as soon as he (Thanos) teleported into the forest. That's where I meant it wasn't a long time for him to take out Cap, BP, etc.
in my headcanon, I'd like to think that Thor first teleports to NYC. b/c that's where sh*t usually goes down.

Thor: We must hurry to earth to stop Thanos
Rocket: where on earth?
Thor: The home of the Avengers
Groot: I am groot
Thor: Of course we'll stop him, b/c That's. What. Heroes. Do......

**Thor teleports them to Times square. They see the remnants of the brief New York Battle, but everything is quiet**

Rocket: I think we're too late
Thor: Impossible
Groot: I am Groot
Thor: of course this is earth

**Thor borrows a cell phone from a bystander**

**cut to phone ringing**

**Darryl Jacobson answers**

Darryl: Hello
Thor: Darryl Jacobson, this is your old roommate, Thor, Son of Odin. Can you tell me where Thanos is?
Darryl: Who?
Thor: Big purple alien, hell bent on destroying half the universe
Darryl: Well, the news says that there's spaceships landing in Wakanda [immigrant song slowly starts to build in the background]

Grandmaster: Hey, uh is that the Sparkles? Lemme talk to him
Grandmaster: Hey, Lord of Thunder, so, uh, you're going to take on this Thanos, is it? Do you want to borrow, my uh, melting stick? Hello? Hello?

**Sound of Bifrost activating is heard over the phone**

redline248
AG
Very solid effort
dave94
jeffk
AG
dave94 said:

That was my original question, yeah. It got repurposed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
Mark Ruffalo basically confirmed on the Tonight Show that the title for the next Avengers is Annihilation.
rhutton125
AG
Hmm. Weird if true. Would have thought they'd save that for any Guardians / Nova / Fantastic Four "Annihilation" event.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Mark Ruffalo basically confirmed on the Tonight Show that the title for the next Avengers is Annihilation.
I thought it got bleeped out when he said it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
CoachRTM said:

InternetFan02 said:

End credits confirm arrested development Easter egg - said arrested development character used courtesy of 20th century fox

I saw the "Arrested Development character courtesy of Fox..." line and wondered what the hell I missed.

Also, I feel really bad for those that are planning on seeing this next week and don't want to be spoiled. It's gonna be tough to not see anything.

I made it until last week without knowing anything other than a lot of people died. Finally caught it on Netflix.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.