*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,737 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

My theory: the time stone gets destroyed. Screw you paradoxes! The other stones get fashioned into rings and given to 5 pure teenagers from across the world. Together they use their power to summon a Kree mutated Jim Rhodes who uses their power to save Earth from pollution

Please God, no. LOL
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
More titles as I procrastinate

Avengers: How the Other Half Live (thank you)
Avengers: The Desolation of Stark
Disney Property #2392022382 for Mass Consumpiton and 900% Net Profit
I Still Know What You DId with the Infinity Gauntlet Last Summer
Dude, Where's My Soul Stone?

ham98
Avengers: the leftovers
YellAgs
AG
Thor and the Revengers
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther said:

TCTTS said:

I admit that Forever isn't all that great, but it's better than almost everything else on that list. That said, I'm sticking by Endgame. That's the only one I truly like.

Avengers: COMEBACKSZN

Fightin TX Aggie
AG
The worst title I can think of is Avengers, Age of Ultron.
Whos Juan
AG
Avengers: How Tony Got His Crew Back
AgMarauder04
AG
Avengers: MARVELous
Cromagnum
AG
Avengers: Let's try this again
Cromagnum
AG
Don't forget all the different companies Disney has acquired recently. They might consult George Lucas for part 2.

TexasAggie_02
AG
Romancing the Infinity Stones
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Saw it a second time last night with my family. Wife and daughter, their first viewing. I did not tell them that I had seen it already, but over the weekend had some conversations to set up betting odds on who would live or die. My 12-yr-old daughter told me it would be Loki, Thor, and Cap. I said that was reasonable based on the previews, but suggested that others could be on the list. What if Iron Man dies, I asked. What about Spider-Man? She freaked out at that question, and confided that she finds Tom Holland to be a hottie. Holy crap, I'm not ready for that kind of thinking from her.

So it was kinda fun to watch their reactions during the movie last night. My wife shrieked "no!" When Thanos stabbed Stark, and my daughter literally lost it when Spider-Man turned to dust. But they both hollered "yeah!" when Thor made his lightning-spewing appearance in Wakanda.

Marvel knocked this out of the park, especially given the setup over the years from the first Avengers. My anticipation for this movie was off the charts and was right there with the first Batman movie with Keaton and Nicholson, and Jedi/Sith.

Thanos was the villain that we've been waiting for. He was everything we thought he would be, and then they gave him depth with his back story. I thought the last scene with him looking on the sunrise was a real good scene, as it,was exactly what he said he would do once he balanced the universe.

My favorite character by far in the MCU has been Captain America, but I felt like they downplayed him in this one. On the other hand, Thor was the character that he has always needed to be, a badass.

I'm now trying to figure out where to rank this one. Right now I'm thinking top 2, along with Winter Soldier.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Avengers: Wakanda Nights
Pro Ag
AG
Am I the only person who doesn't want to hear theories on the next movie based on movie-set info, Twitter and Reddit?

I don't mind pure speculation, but this movie hasn't even been out a week and folks are trying to figure out the next movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A friend just messaged me late last night about someone who was seen on the set during reshoots. It's a pretty massive spoiler.

I don't want to know **** until Marvel wants us to.
Hulla Baller
AG
Damn it, now part of me wants to know who it was.
jackie childs
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh ***** It just hit me.

Avengers Disassembled
AgMarauder04
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Damn it, now part of me wants to know who it was.
Same
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I watched Age of Ultron last night and forgot how thick Scarlet Witch's accent was at first... did they just try to slowly phase it out because it was so over the top?
hurleyag
AG
AliasMan02 said:

A lot of people are putting too much into Strange's vision. He saw a lot of paths but it's not like he saw a step by step guide. The sole victory he saw included Thanos getting the Time Stone, but they still actively fought to prevent that. That means that nothing is certain and there must surely be scenarios where Thanos gets the Time Stone and wins.

This brings up a question for me. Thanos asked why Strange didn't use his most powerful weapon against him. What if he did? What if Strange had a time loop going and only let it end when all the details of the 1 successful outcome had come to pass?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I watched Age of Ultron last night and forgot how thick Scarlet Witch's accent was at first... did they just try to slowly phase it out because it was so over the top?

I mean it's been years.... a few speech classes and hanging around Vision will do that.
PatAg
AG
spaceman said:

PatAg said:

spaceman said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I haven't seen discussion elsewhere on in the interwebs ...

So, Stark asks Doctor Strange if there are any of the 14 million+ futures where we win, and he says "one". Then the scene cuts away. Then later, Strange gives up the time stone to Thanos to save Stark's life. (I assume Stark objected to this, but I don't recall his reaction exactly.) Strange says "it's the only way" or something. So ... what did Doctor Strange foresee, and did he tell Stark? If not, why the *** not? I assume after revealing there's only one way to beat Thanos, he would then have proceeded to share that info ... right?

Or maybe he did share it, and they were all in on the plan, and just had to make it LOOK like a good fight ... thoughts?
easy answer, in his vision, he doesn't tell anyone else the plan
See THAT's the part that's completely implausible. "Hey guys, we have only one chance in 14 million to save half the universe!"
"Oh yeah? HOW?"
"Sorry, I don't feel like sharing that info."

If that's what we are to assume happened, that's a disappointing cop-out. I'd expect that from a DC movie, not Marvel where our team of heroes actually operates like a team.

Unless, in telling the team the plan it then renders said plan void.

You see where I'm going with this?
TexasAggie_02
AG

Any bets that ant man turns to ash at the end? Wasp is pretty prominent on that poster.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Saw it a second time last night with my family. Wife and daughter, their first viewing. I did not tell them that I had seen it already,
So the question here is where did your wife and daughter think you were when you disappeared for 4 hours to see it the first time?
Hulla Baller
AG
I actually think it would be more dramatic if Wasp, Hank, or even his daughter turn into dust. That would get Ant-Man into the next movie for sure and he would be very motivated.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
What if Ant Man and the Wasp finally manage to find Pym's wife in the quantum zone and get her out, and the last scene of the movie is both wasps turning to dust and Ant Man and Pym left to deal with it
Dr. Teeth
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

I saw a post where someone commented on the glossing over of Bruce/Natasha. My take on that scene is that Steve and Nat are together now. When Banner comes out, the view switched to Rogers and Romanoff, and Falcon calls it awkward.

Also, did I hear "Captain America" at all?
I don't think you did. I think everyone referred to him as Steve.

It would have been cool if someone had called him Nomad. </nerd>
AgMarauder04
AG
Dr. Teeth said:

LeonardSkinner said:

I saw a post where someone commented on the glossing over of Bruce/Natasha. My take on that scene is that Steve and Nat are together now. When Banner comes out, the view switched to Rogers and Romanoff, and Falcon calls it awkward.

Don't think anyone has context for that, do we? Aside from comics?
zgood10
AG
"Thank you, sweet rabbit"
M.C. Swag
AG
'Cap' was dropped a couple times (definitely from Vision during the rescue)
_lefraud_
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Saw it a second time last night with my family. Wife and daughter, their first viewing. I did not tell them that I had seen it already,
So the question here is where did your wife and daughter think you were when you disappeared for 4 hours to see it the first time?

Golf course
Strip club
Hardware store
Work
Another movie
jackie childs
how about Avengers: Oh Snap!
Farmer1906
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Any bets that ant man turns to ash at the end? Wasp is pretty prominent on that poster.
Well, the movie is called Ant-Man & Wasp.

In the comics, she's an original Avenger unlike Captain America, Hawkeye, & Black Widow.
Charlie Conway
Dr. Teeth said:

LeonardSkinner said:

after they pick up Vision and SW, Falcon is flying the jet and asks "Where to Cap?"........"home"
Average Joe
AG
No one has suggested Avengers: Infinity War 2: Electric Boogaloo yet?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.