*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,856 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texasaggie04 said:

I really liked the THANOS theory of infinity stones all along... but I guess it doesn't work now. Unless we believe that the Soul Stone was located in Thanos's "heart" the whole time.

H is for HYDRA
ramblin_ag02
AG
My theory: the time stone gets destroyed. Screw you paradoxes! The other stones get fashioned into rings and given to 5 pure teenagers from across the world. Together they use their power to summon a Kree mutated Jim Rhodes who uses their power to save Earth from pollution
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Maveric
AG
Did anyone catch that when Vision is killed he turns an ashen grey color similar to the arc from the 90s when he was disassembled and reassembled? Maybe that is the plan for bringing him back without the infinity stone?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh ***** It just hit me.

Avengers Disassembled
PatAg
AG
that would be a lame name
Engine10
AG
Sex Panther said:

Quote:

It's the start of the finale of a 10-year action adventure story, not The Shape of Water.

That's true... Infinity War was actually good.

From way downtown!
Gangnam Style
AG
There are rumors that the next Avengers movie will follow the Avengers Forever comic arc. Set photos might back that up.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
TCTTS said:

Another title I've heard and like is Avengers: End Game.

How about Avengers 4: The Avenging
TCTTS
AG
Here is every potential title being batted around that I could find based on 10 minutes of research. Some of these are truly terrible, mind you, while Endgame seems to be the current frontrunner/most popular. That said, I have a feeling that none of these are actually it...

Avengers: Annihilation
Avengers: Endgame
Avengers: Disassembled
Avengers: Infinity Crusade
Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet (denied by both Kevin Feige and James Gunn)
Avengers: Secret Invasion
Avengers: Secret Wars
Avengers: The Thanos Imperative
Avengers Forever
Avengers No More
New Avengers
The Last Avenger
spaceman
AG
Sorry if this has already been discussed but I haven't seen discussion elsewhere on in the interwebs ...

So, Stark asks Doctor Strange if there are any of the 14 million+ futures where we win, and he says "one". Then the scene cuts away. Then later, Strange gives up the time stone to Thanos to save Stark's life. (I assume Stark objected to this, but I don't recall his reaction exactly.) Strange says "it's the only way" or something. So ... what did Doctor Strange foresee, and did he tell Stark? If not, why the *** not? I assume after revealing there's only one way to beat Thanos, he would then have proceeded to share that info ... right?

Or maybe he did share it, and they were all in on the plan, and just had to make it LOOK like a good fight ... thoughts?
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
TCTTS
AG
If I had to pick from this list, though, I'd go with either Avengers: Endgame or Avengers Forever.
PatAg
AG
spaceman said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I haven't seen discussion elsewhere on in the interwebs ...

So, Stark asks Doctor Strange if there are any of the 14 million+ futures where we win, and he says "one". Then the scene cuts away. Then later, Strange gives up the time stone to Thanos to save Stark's life. (I assume Stark objected to this, but I don't recall his reaction exactly.) Strange says "it's the only way" or something. So ... what did Doctor Strange foresee, and did he tell Stark? If not, why the *** not? I assume after revealing there's only one way to beat Thanos, he would then have proceeded to share that info ... right?

Or maybe he did share it, and they were all in on the plan, and just had to make it LOOK like a good fight ... thoughts?
easy answer, in his vision, he doesn't tell anyone else the plan
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A great throwaway line I caught on the second viewing.

Starlord: "I'm gonna commit. I'm gonna get a Bowflex. I'm gonna get some dumbbells."

Rocket: "You know you can't eat dumbbells, right?"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, Bowflex came out in 86. Props to the Russos for accuracy.
TCTTS
AG
OR... Avengers 4ever. Fast & Furious style.
Charlie Conway
FL_Ag1998 said:

Bobcat06 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Man, I'm clearly in the minority here but I hope, hope, hope that Gamora stays dead.
https://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-3-gamoa-role/

Gamora is inside the Soul Stone

Ugggh.....see, her dying at the hands of her father Thanos means nothing now.
it does in explaining Thanos as a villain. He kills probably the only thing he loves to complete this plan to wipe the universe, which he feels is the only way to save it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

If I had to pick from this list, though, I'd go with either Avengers: Endgame or Avengers Forever.

Only if shot entirely in neon and Dutch angles.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Avengers: Infinity Gauntlets

Thats your spoiler... more than one.

I believe we have all the info we need to determine how this resolves more or less.

Ant Man who was not a part of IW and Captain Marvel who is also not here (yet)..... are the only 2 that have movies between now and A4. There has to be a reason those movies are in between.

Ant Man first encountered the Quantum Realms in his first movie through Pym (which could lead to alternate universes) and it is said that Capt. Marvel besides her powers also deals in Quantum Realms in her movie. I believe these two movies will deal with their own issues in some pre IW time period but also give us (the viewer) and them the answers for how to fight Thanos and it is through Quantum Realms. Dr. Strange also knows about them and may utilize them for seeing other timelines. He may in fact have been aware of how this happens when he gave Thanos the time stone.

They will somehow use quantum realms to visit other timelines where this has not happened and perhaps gather the Infinity Stones themselves to create another Gauntlet and repair or resurrect the timeline (or simply leave us in one of them) as well as defeating Thanos.

NOTE - I did read various theories some of which touched along these ideas. But I came up with the title.....

Ag Since 83
AG
Avengers Forever you say? Call Joel Schumacher and get the neon lights ready. Might as well give Thor some nipples while you're at it
Charlie Conway
the title for A4 is supposed to be a spoiler for IW so I doubt it's either of those. It'll be somehting like Avengers: the passion of the stark
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Rise of the Revengers?
M.C. Swag
AG
Avengers Forever? end game? These are terrible. Might as well call it Avengers: Dawn of the Ascension Reborn 2
TCTTS
AG
I admit that Forever isn't all that great, but it's better than almost everything else on that list. That said, I'm sticking by Endgame. That's the only one I truly like.
spaceman
AG
PatAg said:

spaceman said:

See THAT's the part that's completely implausible. "Hey guys, we have only one chance in 14 million to save half the universe!"
"Oh yeah? HOW?"
"Sorry, I don't feel like sharing that info."

If that's what we are to assume happened, that's a disappointing cop-out. I'd expect that from a DC movie, not Marvel where our team of heroes actually operates like a team.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
rhutton125
AG
F8 of the Avengerz
spaceman
AG
TCTTS said:

OR... Avengers 4ever. Fast & Furious style.
Avengers: Fantastic 4 ever?
The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh ***** It just hit me.

Avengers Disassembled

I posed Avengers: Assemble a page back.

What IW showed us was the avengers already disassembled. There were three plots 1) stark at titan, 2) thor at lannister forge, 3) cap at wakanda.

Each had their plan 1) steal gauntlet, 2) forge thanos-killing weapon, 3) destroy mind gem. The three core avengers were apart. Hell even hulk was absent.

But do you remember back in civil war when the group is discussing "the next threat"? Tony says we need earths support for next threat( give up your authority) then he asks Cap "how do you propose we win?" Cap says "we face it together."

So in IW they were not together. To quote William Wallace: "Unitus, unitedahclans" avengers: assemble
Dr. Horrible
spaceman said:

PatAg said:

spaceman said:

See THAT's the part that's completely implausible. "Hey guys, we have only one chance in 14 million to save half the universe!"
"Oh yeah? HOW?"
"Sorry, I don't feel like sharing that info."

If that's what we are to assume happened, that's a disappointing cop-out. I'd expect that from a DC movie, not Marvel where our team of heroes actually operates like a team.
I assumed he told them A plan, but not THE plan. If they knew the plan, it wouldn't come to pass. And that was how he saw it play out in the vision.
Whos Juan
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Only if shot entirely in neon and Dutch angles.

I wanted to make this joke, but I can't improve upon this. Well done
YellAgs
AG
About to watch for a second time... this time in 3D!!
AliasMan02
AG
A lot of people are putting too much into Strange's vision. He saw a lot of paths but it's not like he saw a step by step guide. The sole victory he saw included Thanos getting the Time Stone, but they still actively fought to prevent that. That means that nothing is certain and there must surely be scenarios where Thanos gets the Time Stone and wins.

It's also a cardinal rule of time travel in fiction that trying to interfere or alter time has negative consequences. Doctor Strange even touches on this when they impart the seriousness of tampering with time. It makes sense that Strange wouldn't try to broadcast what he saw or try to dictate to the others how to bring about victory.

They try to stop Thanos but fail. Rather than fighting to the death, Strange hands over the stone because he knows there is still hope and their deaths would be meaningless and maybe even counterproductive. That really is the extent of the use of the vision.
AliasMan02
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Also, i know it's from the comics but I think Stormbringer is a better name than stormbreaker

That's a bit much.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

I admit that Forever isn't all that great, but it's better than almost everything else on that list. That said, I'm sticking by Endgame. That's the only one I truly like.

Avengers: COMEBACKSZN
spaceman
AG
AliasMan02 said:

A lot of people are putting too much into Strange's vision. He saw a lot of paths but it's not like he saw a step by step guide.
Good point. I had assumed that by looking into the future, Strange knew exactly what needed to be done to win. If he doesn't, then it's all good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.