*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

205,716 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ganondorf said:

Hulla Baller said:

Ganondorf said:

What I would have liked for Dr. Strange we to skip the origin part and just give us a magic movie. The best part about Spider-Man Homecoming is that he's already Spider-Man, just getting the upgrades to become a better Spider-Man.

We could have skipped to Dr. Strange being a wizard and he's fighting some crazy demon or dealing with magic brain parasites like in the comics.
I don't think you can compare the two movies. The Spider-Man origin story has been told over and over in multiple movies so they could get away with not doing it again. Also, Spider-Man is already more popular and widely known to people. I think you had to an origin story for Dr. Strange or most people (including myself who doesn't read the comics) would have no idea what is going on and would be upset they didn't find out how he became a wizard.

Agree and disagree. Did anyone question Dumbledore or Gandolf were wizards? Obi-Wan was a space wizard with no backstory.

I have origin story fatigue. I'm tired of seeing the same origins over and over. Future hero has to overcome some enemy while not knowing how to use their powers. Then you have to wait years to see them do anything not origin related.
Doctor Strange also had to introduce an entirely new aspect of the Marvel universe to us though. We had zero exposure to the mystical world up to that point.

Not giving him an origin would've given us far more questions than answers and just been generally confusing, not to mention they had to introduce the Time Stone for Infinity War purposes.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Ganondorf said:

What I would have liked for Dr. Strange we to skip the origin part and just give us a magic movie. The best part about Spider-Man Homecoming is that he's already Spider-Man, just getting the upgrades to become a better Spider-Man.

We could have skipped to Dr. Strange being a wizard and he's fighting some crazy demon or dealing with magic brain parasites like in the comics.
I don't think you can compare the two movies. The Spider-Man origin story has been told over and over in multiple movies so they could get away with not doing it again. Also, Spider-Man is already more popular and widely known to people. I think you had to an origin story for Dr. Strange or most people (including myself who doesn't read the comics) would have no idea what is going on and would be upset they didn't find out how he became a wizard.
I knew Dr. Strange existed and that's about it. Also, it would have been a little more sticky to do a Spider-man origin story since he showed up in Civil War before his stand alone movie came out.
YouBet
AG
Incredible movie. That Stark / Parker scene was tough. He's going to be so full of rage next time around. Wanted to see more Winter Soldier. I wish I had video of my wife when CA showed up in Scotland. She clenched her fist underhanded in the air and yelled, "Yes!".

And I've turned into my dad. A guy sitting directly across the aisle from me answered his phone TWICE from an audible ring during the film. The second time I looked over at him and said, "Are you f'ing kidding me!?"

I'm old!
jackie childs
YouBet said:

Incredible movie. That Stark / Parker scene was tough. He's going to be so full of rage next time around. Wanted to see more Winter Soldier. I wish I had video of my wife when CA showed up in Scotland. She clenched her fist underhanded in the air and yelled, "Yes!".

And I've turned into my dad. A guy sitting directly across the aisle from me answered his phone TWICE from an audible ring during the film. The second time I looked over at him and said, "Are you f'ing kidding me!?"

I'm old!
i'm not sure that makes you old...just means you're not an inconsiderate a-hole
AggieLitigator
jackie childs said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Disagree on Tobey, I think he was just as good as Holland is. Especially in 2. That was a great movie that's pretty underrated these days.
i thought Tobey was a pretty great Peter, but only so-so as Spidey.

I thought Garfield was a better Spidey, but just a horrible Peter.

Holland, so far at least, is pitch perfect at both roles.

Agree 100%
3 William 56
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

M.C. Swag said:

hurleyag said:

Something I've been thinking about lately is how I would feel if the dusting actually happened. I'm sure lots of regular civilians in the MCU are now opening up Revelations and trying to make comparisons. There has been no indication of this type of power by any super hero or super villain, and outside of our heros and those around Wakanda, no one on earth even knows about Thanos or infinity stones.

The very notion of 'revelations' as it is described in the bible would be undercut by the presence of any alien life to begin with (see Avengers 1 with the Chitari). Things get even more crazy when you consider the implications of Asgard and Thor.

In a real world scenario where superheros and super villains exist, I think the dusting (coinciding with the disappearance of the most renowned Billionaire/Philanthropist/Player/Hero, Tony Stark) would immediately be connected to a super being.
Yeah the MCU would pretty much shatter most concepts of religion, at least christianity. But there'd be some Old Norse believers who would be like "SEE! I TOLD YOU!"

TajMaballer
AG
I've been rewatching this video. Makes me want to go back to the theater.

Farmer1906
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
Farmer1906 said:

That makes her queen, right? Does this mean she'll get the bad ass armor now?
MooreTrucker
AG
Juat got back from seeing it, and yeah, YouBet is right, it's tough. All of the dustings are, but that one especially. And the "After the Snap" is, too.

I know it's the comics, and things aren't always as they seem, but holey carp that's a lots of missing characters.
Farmer1906
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Nothing ever stopped her from the badass armor. The Black Panther has more power than the suit. He eats the Heart shaped herb. I'm not sure there are any left at this point.
nikator
AG
Farmer1906 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Nothing ever stopped her from the badass armor. The Black Panther has more power than the suit. He eats the Heart shaped herb. I'm not sure there are any left at this point.
Not sure if she has to go through that duel
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
Farmer1906
AG
nikator said:

Farmer1906 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Think she could beat a pile of dust?
nikator
AG
Farmer1906 said:

nikator said:

Farmer1906 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Think she could beat a pile of dust?
That is assuming the other clan champions are all turned to dust. And M'Baku appears to be alive if he still wants the throne
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
TexasAggie_02
AG
too soon?

Bruce Almighty
AG
With Deadpool, there's no such thing as "too soon"
bearamedic99
AG
It hit me today that we saw Cap with new shields on both arms but I cannot remember what happened to his usual round shield. It was part of Tony's nightmare vision of a future alien attack and broken in the dream but that dream is less prophetic if the actual shield was not around for Thanos.
redline248
AG
At the end of civil war when cap and Bucky are leaving, Tony says that shield doesn't belong to you, and cap drops it.

Edit: also the dream wasn't meant to be prophetic, just to show us his greatest fear.
double aught
AG
Didn't he leave it with Tony after they fought in Civil War, because Tony said it belonged to his dad?

Edit: red best me
jac4
AG
Farmer1906 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Was discussing that with a friend. I figured T'challa could have potentially passed some of the seeds after he ate the last one, kind of like the weasel poop coffee. Hopefully someone in Wakanda has access to some more though.
TexasAggie_02
AG
$2 billion

https://movieweb.com/infinity-war-2-billion-global-box-office/
Luke Smith
Avengers the Stark will not come from the moon
MooreTrucker
AG
Spouts of Nonsense said:

Username fits...
jtstanley4621
AG
Spouts of Nonsense said:

Well that just begs the question: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
mazag08
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Spouts of Nonsense said:

Well that just begs the question: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Either I'm missing something or you need to not post while mixing shrooms and cocaine.
jtstanley4621
AG
mazag08 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Spouts of Nonsense said:

Either I'm missing something or you need to not post while mixing shrooms and cocaine.
It's a meme, I promise I have not suffered a psychotic break!

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/has-anyone-really-been-far-even-as-decided-to-use-even-go-want-to-do-look-more-like

Cannot say the same for Spouts of Nonsense though.
MooreTrucker
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

mazag08 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Spouts of Nonsense said:

It's a meme, I promise I have not suffered a psychotic break!

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/has-anyone-really-been-far-even-as-decided-to-use-even-go-want-to-do-look-more-like

Cannot say the same for Spouts of Nonsense though.
I first heard that on Impractical Jokers.
chipotle
Farmer1906 said:

"Way to miss the head thor! Holy s***! Do yall see the talking racoon?"
Sex Panther
AG
"Who wants shwarma?"
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/avengers_4/avengers-4-and-captain-marvel-footage-was-shown-moments-ago-at-disneys-cineeurope-presentation-a161364
AggieLitigator
Saw it last night for the fifth time. Only worth a post to tell you the theater was 80% or more full
SeattleAgJr
rhutton125
AG
Wha... that was so minor that it barely warrants applause.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Part of that looked likeindependence Day
Bobcat06
AG
So back in the 90s, aliens had a fire fight over London (?) but everyone is shocked by an alien invasion during Avengers?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.