*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,730 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spared
TCTTS
AG
I was spared, but it's cool to see that the afterlife apparently still has TexAgs. Otherwise, sorry, guys.
Hulla Baller
AG
I wasn't spared but I'm confident I'll be back.
Sex Panther
AG
Spared... It was the only way.
Ag Since 83
AG
Spared, and for those of you who were not, I don't find your loss particularly emotional as I'm pretty sure you all have sequel posts in your future
Gangnam Style
AG
Died =(
Swarely

OKay last time for now!
Farmer1906
AG
Based on who was and wasn't spared I have to say Thanos is on point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
Interesting, the music playing during Tony's call with pepper, where she begs him to come home, is the same track played in Cap 1 where Peggy asks Cap to jump out of the red skulls plane.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/30/avengers-infinity-war-every-easter-egg-cameo-marvel/
spaceman
AG
Spared! Whew.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
TCTTS
AG
I know this won't be popular here, and I'm not saying I necessarily agree, but a lot of interesting points are definitely raised in this extremely well-written piece...

Sea Pony 07
AG
Just got to see the movie. I think I spent the last 20 minutes sitting there mouth agap, completely overwhelmed. I am still digesting the movie, but I think this might be marvel's empire strikes back. The music in the credits sealed it for me.
LeonardSkinner
TCTTS said:

I know this won't be popular here, and I'm not saying I necessarily agree, but a lot of interesting points are definitely raised in this extremely well-written piece...

I could squabble over a couple of little things, but overall, objectively, he's making strong arguments.
fig96
AG
Queued up for later. Love his writing so this should be interesting.
Bobcat06
AG
So, were all in agreement that Robert Thomas Malthus is the worst being in the multiverse, right?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Watching Age of Ultron. The scene where Cap makes Mjolnir move is cinematic gold.
fig96
AG
We had no clue how genuinely funny Hemsworth was at that point, but his expressions in that sequence are amazing.
phatpat21
Just got home from seeing it and holy crap that was amazing
spaceman
AG
Lucky #007 said:

Watching Age of Ultron. The scene where Cap makes Mjolnir move is cinematic gold.
Wanted to see Black Widow try. Wuss!
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Average Joe said:

No one has suggested Avengers: Infinity War 2: Electric Boogaloo yet?

Yes I did.....way back on page 9

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2946541/replies/51689104
TexasAggie_02
AG
So I just watched last Friday's Agents of SHIELD

there is a throw away line about "what's going on in New York right now"

I had thought the show jumped off the MCU reservation a long time ago, but it appears that they are going to keep trying to stay relevant. The season is almost over, so are they going to have half of the cast turn to ash in a couple of weeks?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Apparently I was slain by Thanos.... however I've come back from the dead before so....

suck it Thanos

TCTTS
AG
Is Hemsworth our last great action star? I feel like he has his signature role with Thor, but has yet to have a signature movie that cements him as a bonafide action lead. As much as I love him, and as much as his star has steadily risen, I feel like he could and should be way more of a deal than he currently is. With a big hit outside of the Marvel movies, I think he could be up there on a peg just slightly lower than The Rock.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Turning on my nerd thought process usually only reserved for Star Wars on this one.

So Captain Marvel will show up to help in A4 but we can't have her be this all-powerful being because what's the point of the Avengers? Clearly she'll do something big, at the very least reuniting Iron Man/Nebula with the other survivors.

Initially I didn't like the big 4 (Stark, Cap, Thor Banner) all not vanishing but yeah, those are the Avengers, they've got to be the heroes that take back the win from Thanos in the next picture. And the more I thought about it, the more I think we were given at least the process of how they do it in one pivotal scene.

When Thanos first sees Ironman he calls him Stark, much to Tony's surprise and labels him as "not the only one cursed by genius."

And there in, you can see Thanos as an extremely distorted image of Stark through a mirror. What did Stark do in Age of Ultron? He took a technology that he didn't really fully understand and used it to try and remake the world as he saw fit - putting himself above everyone else as the guy who decides what's best for everyone. As a result, a spit ton of people got killed.

Thanos does the same thing with the Infinity Gauntlet. Granted he murders half the galaxy, but he does it with tech he doesn't fully understand to accomplish a goal that he alone decides is best for everyone.

Now then, Ironman's initial attack results in him scratching Thanos and drawing the line "all that for a drop o blood." Now Stark is first and foremost a scientist, and what scientist, when confronted with an unstoppable physical opponent, wouldn't like a blood sample to take to a lab and figure out where this guy can be hurt?
As Matt Damon said in THe Martian, Stark's about to "science the $h1T" out of Thanos to find his weakness.

Finally, I would guess Stark survives A4. Part of being the genius playboy billionaire philantropist curse will be watching others (Cap) die to save you and living a long life missing your friends.

spaceman
AG
Thanos just spared me ten times in a row. Am I that lucky? Or am I actually dead and Thanos just spared my IP address?
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Is Hemsworth our last great action star?.

Chris Pratt?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

TCTTS said:

Chris Pratt?

Kelly Marie Tran??
Average Joe
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

TCTTS said:

I could squabble over a couple of little things, but overall, objectively, he's making strong arguments.

He makes some strong points, but glosses over one huge fact. These are based on comics. He mentions it a few times, but still treats them the same as any other movie series. They don't follow typical television or movie logic. Two of the major points he made can be summed up by the fact that they are based on comics. That's why they are so interconnected and structured the way they are. You also don't have to read comics to know that every hero dies at some point only to be revived later on. No one stays dead forever.

spaceman
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

So I just watched last Friday's Agents of SHIELD

there is a throw away line about "what's going on in New York right now"

I had thought the show jumped off the MCU reservation a long time ago, but it appears that they are going to keep trying to stay relevant. The season is almost over, so are they going to have half of the cast turn to ash in a couple of weeks?
I suppose they could be super lucky and all be spared ...
fig96
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

TCTTS said:

Chris Pratt?
Pratt has to be the next most bankable male action star I can think of.

Hemsworth seems to have that potential but he hasn't found that role yet. 13 Strong didn't make much of a splash, he does have a Men in Black spinoff coming up that could be that perfect launching point.
TajMaballer
AG
I have a feeling Hemsworth is about to blow up like Channing Tatum did and end up in more "prestige" movies. I hope so at least. I rewatched Ragnarok and love his performance in it even more than when I first watched it. He was my pets MVP of Infinity War.
Gangnam Style
AG
spaceman
AG
Thanos Thoughts:

What if there are an odd number of people in the universe? How would Thanos kill exactly half of them? If he doesn't, he's not bringing balance!

And one wonders, if every being in the universe regardless of status, wealth, or friggin' gender identity suffered a 50% chance of being snuffed out ... did that include Thanos himself?

Mind = blown.

Personally I was hoping Thanos's motive would be as they show in the comics: he is in love with Death, and wants to please her. His motive in A:IW seemed mundane by comparison.
Sex Panther
AG
Hemsworth just needs the right movie. The guy is incredibly likable, probably the best looking dude on the planet, and just seems like someone you'd want to have a beer with. He's also ****ing hysterical. The new Ghostbusters is atrocious, but it's almost worth it just for him. I was cracking up at him the entire time.

Plus he's actually gotten pretty damn good at acting. The scene with Rocket when he was trying to still be "Almighty Thor!" but he realizes he's lost everything and knows he probably can't beat Thanos... that was seriously impressive. You really felt for the guy and admired the face he was trying to put on. One of the best scenes in the movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.