*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,720 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Star Lord and Scarlet Witch are dead
War Machine is alive
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Banner still alive as well.

So all OG Avengers.
TCTTS
AG
What about M'Baku?
TCTTS
AG
Forgot about Banner!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Even though we got a lot of major "deaths", does it feel a little contrived that all of the original Avengers lived?

Makes me think the OG Avengers will be the main focus of at least the first act of the next movie. A Tony/Steve reconciliation, finding Captain Marvel and figuring out how they're going to fix this.

Though to be honest, this is not a bad way to go. You reel things back in and focus the story before widening things again. (Or possibly by introducing the alternate timeline in the second half of the movie.)
Claude!
I don't know that he's major, but I think Wong is unknown.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Banner still alive as well.

So all OG Avengers.
Yes, and I think that is the key here and how/why Marvel will unravel this.

This was the emotional teaser IMO. The big emotional shockwave will be in Avengers 4. I suspect that several of the mains, including Tony, Captain, Natasha, maybe even Banner or Thor, will all perish defeating Thanos. Steve wielding the Gauntlet to reverse the finger snap, after Tony and Natasha, maybe more, have already died taking it from Thanos, and then perishes himself. The series closes with the newer Avengers (Peter, BP, Strange, Scarlett Witch, etc) and the Guardians, mourning the loss of the founding members.

M.C. Swag
AG
Still alive
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had bought into the idea of trading one set for the others, but we'd lose Rocket. Can you have a Guardians movie without him?
TCTTS
AG
If they actually have to essentially trade lives - a soul for a soul - I would definitely be on board with that move. Death would still then mean something.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Also, there are six original Avengers and six infinity stones. Since the Gauntlet looks trashed, maybe each original member has to use a stone to undo Thanos' snap. Only Thor could survive using a stone directly and maybe Hulk.

I also want to see Hulk fight Thanos again with no stones involved
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I had bought into the idea of trading one set for the others, but we'd lose Rocket. Can you have a Guardians movie without him?
Looking at the list of names, I'm almost certain that's what's going to happen now. It's divided up perfectly for the next phase.

But yeah, losing Rocket would be tough. I wonder if there are a few loopholes for certain characters, where, for Rocket in particular, his consciousness could be put into another animal or something?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But... It would also mean half the Earth's population actually does stay dead. Somehow, I don't think they do that. Too massive of an event for the MCU going forward.

I guess I'm buying into the theory that saving eveyrone will require the sacrifice of all of the original Avengers.

To me, that feels like enough of a sacrifice to give weight and meaning to all this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sans stones, Thor could kill Thanos, correct?
TCTTS
AG
I think that's a good call.
TCTTS
AG
Slowly but surely, I feel my opinion of the ending... changing... with this new revelation.

It took actually seeing the pieces on the board laid out like that. The original Avengers are all definitely alive for a reason. That said, it's now obvious that the next movie is their last. I'd be shocked if it wasn't. I guess the new Black Widow movie will be a prequel, then?
Hulla Baller
AG
I would think Thor could have probably killed Thanos before he had all of them.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

But... It would also mean half the Earth's population actually does stay dead. Somehow, I don't think they do that. Too massive of an event for the MCU going forward.

I guess I'm buying into the theory that saving eveyrone will require the sacrifice of all of the original Avengers.

To me, that feels like enough of a sacrifice to give weight and meaning to all this.
This could turn into an excellent Seinfeld discussion where George and Jerry debate how long after a guy vanishes is it OK to ask his hot girlfriend/wife out to dinner.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Axeless Thor, Stoneless Thanos and Hulk. I honestly don't know who would win.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
According to Anthony Mackie, the cast have a big Marvel group chat, and whenever Evans wanted to go out, he'd send a message that just said "Assemble".
InternetFan02
AG
Unknown: Pepper Potts and her fate will likely play a big role in part 2, even if she has little screen time
rhutton125
AG
I don't think all 6 OG Avengers will die. A Black Widow prequel movie about a dead character would just be... I dunno. Dumb? Sure, Star Wars can do it with Obi-wan or something, but there aren't nearly as many film-worthy characters in that franchise. Just my opinion, but I'd care a lot less if she was already dead in "real time."

I also think some characters, like Tony, can survive and just retire and ride off into the sunset to get married but don't necessarily have to die. I almost expect it here - we got a near-death on him so a real death might seem like double dipping.
FTACO97
AG
I think Marvel should have kept their traps shut about any future sequels being developed. You watch that ending without any knowledge of SpiderMan 2, GotG 3, BP 2, etc. and it's an even bigger gut punch.

I think along the same lines as others for Avengers 4. There's going to be big sacrifice to undo what Thanos did. I predict we lose Iron Man and Cap.
TCTTS
AG
Added her. Thanks.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
FTACO97 said:

I think Marvel should have kept their traps shut about any future sequels being developed. You watch that ending without any knowledge of SpiderMan 2, GotG 3, BP 2, etc. and it's an even bigger gut punch.

I think along the same lines as others for Avengers 4. There's going to be big sacrifice to undo what Thanos did. I predict we lose Iron Man and Cap.

I disagree only because they killed Black Panther. You'd have to be insane to think there was a snowball's chance in hell that they'd kill off the first black super hero to really pull in a black audience the way Black Panther did. Once he dissolved it was super clear, if it wasn't already, that those events weren't going to stand.
Ornithopter
AG
I predict that setting bad will happen to Black Widow, triggering the return of Hulk in a super enraged form.

I predict that someone (Captain America most likely) will not die, but he will end up stuck in the soul stone so that others (Gamora?) can return.
OCEN99
AG
Eitri is unknown, but it's not certain he has any further role to play.
texasaggie04
AG
I would add to the list of unknowns these (some are side characters who might not have much purpose, admittedly).

Eitri
Grandmaster
Collector

Valkyrie
Korg

Aunt Mae
Ned

Laura Barton (Hawkeye's wife)

Wong

texasaggie04
AG
One more random tidbit to think about. There's been speculation in the past that Bucky would eventually take up Cap's shield, though it seems they might be going a different direction. T'Challa called Bucky "White Wolf", and Bucky had a line when the first spaceship hit the barrier that said something like "I love it here..."

Making it sound like Bucky might be sticking around Wakanda for a while and will show up in future Black Panther movies.
TajMaballer
AG
Something I just thought about.. looks like we are getting Queen Shuri! Or maybe someone else in the Panther suit!
Latrobe
AG
I was hoping when Starlord pulled the trigger on Gamora, Thanos would smile and say something like "I see you are willing to kill, even someone you love, in order to achieve the greater good...we aren't so different now are we?"

He sort of said it with the line "I like you"....but I think it would have hit home with more people if he pointed out the irony...
M.C. Swag
AG
I hate time travel in movies. Why didn't Dr Strange just reverse time and stop Thanos?....
Philip J Fry
AG
Stop him how?

I assume that the 1 chance in 1 million+ is the plan that Dr. Strange is executing.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah, where I was trying to go with my above post was that they'd die defeating Thanos, in order to reverse the finger snap. But someone then has to pick up the Gauntlet to do it. And my guess is that is either Steve or Tony and the act of doing reverses the finger snap but he dies from wielding the stones.

They gotta go bold in finishing this thing, and I think they will. Otherwise, and as much as I generally liked this movie, the whole half the Avengers dying was an utter jerk off, when we all know Peter, BP, and the Guardians are all coming back to their respective franchises so the mouse can print more money. So if it's like, hey look, they reversed what Thanos did, everyone's back (happy face) but it took the deaths of Stark, Capt, Black Widow, and Thor or Hulk to do it (sad face) then I'm happy with that outcome.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.