*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

209,062 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Living Legend said:

Where does Marvel go from here? After IW2 are there any other villains/story lines in the MCU that are capable of executing on the level of IW? I LOVED this movie so much. It just seems like anything after this will be anticlimactic.
Galactus
Farmer1906
AG
Living Legend said:

Where does Marvel go from here? After IW2 are there any other villains/story lines in the MCU that are capable of executing on the level of IW? I LOVED this movie so much. It just seems like anything after this will be anticlimactic.
I want a House of M movie.
Cromagnum
AG
The only stone we didn't see Thanos use an inrividual power from was the mind stone. I wonder if we get to see something in part 2.
AliasMan02
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Living Legend said:

Dr. Doom brah

He's the perfect choice of they can swing it.

1. Home-grown villain, as opposed to alien
2. Mystical elements to complement Strange
3. Equal parts political entity and super powered villain
AliasMan02
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Living Legend said:

I want a House of M movie.

Prior to sitting down in the theater, I thought there was a decent chance that this is how things were going to go to end IW. Wanda, maybe using the gaunlet, basically rewriting history to remove the Avengers and then Avengers 4 is everything getting pieced back together.

House of M would be a nice interlude between some future phases.
Farmer1906
AG
AliasMan02 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Living Legend said:

Dr. Doom brah

Doom needs a proper build up.
LeonardSkinner
M.C. Swag said:

I mentioned this earlier, but if Thanos is truly an omnipotent timewielding, reality altering god now, why does he still feel the need kill half the universe? Why can't he simply create a new reality where resources are bountiful?

Maybe it's just Thanos obsessively having to prove his plan was correct. He had a plan to save his home world, and they ignored him, and perished for that mistake. Something snaps, and he is now on a mission to prove and/or redeem himself?
AliasMan02
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AliasMan02 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Living Legend said:

Dr. Doom brah

Agree. I'm talking years down the road.
M.C. Swag
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

M.C. Swag said:

I mentioned this earlier, but if Thanos is truly an omnipotent timewielding, reality altering god now, why does he still feel the need kill half the universe? Why can't he simply create a new reality where resources are bountiful?
Maybe it's just Thanos obsessively having to prove his plan was correct. He had a plan to save his home world, and they ignored him, and perished for that mistake. Something snaps, and he is now on a mission to prove and/or redeem himself?
I woulda preferred if they stuck to the idea of him trying to impress 'death.' The altruistic motive falls apart for me once he actually acquires the stones.
3rdGen2015
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Farmer1906 said:

AliasMan02 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Living Legend said:

Dr. Doom brah

Also, unless I'm mistaken/missed some news, Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to Doom. He's part of the Fantastic 4 IP.
Farmer1906
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Farmer1906 said:

AliasMan02 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Living Legend said:

Dr. Doom brah

Also, unless I'm mistaken/missed some news, Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to Doom. He's part of the Fantastic 4 IP.
DIdn't they get him, F4, and Xmen in the recent deal?
M.C. Swag
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Farmer1906 said:

AliasMan02 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Living Legend said:

Dr. Doom brah

Disney is finalzing their Fox deal that will give them the F4/Xmen film rights (should be concluded this summer).
3rdGen2015
AG
Oh, duh. I totally forgot about that deal. An adapted House of M story line would be a great way to introduce proper mutants to the MCU.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Saw it last night and I really enjoyed it. My one big complaint is that we didn't get a Korg and Drax conversation. My word that would have been gold.
Ornithopter
AG
YellAgs said:

I think maybe only Cumberbatch said he had full script because Dr Strange was so over-arching.
Certainly couldn't give the whole thing to Holland!

That quote from Cumberbatch does make it seem like Dr. Strange will have a big role in the next movie. Nothing he did in this film would have required him to know the full script.
The Debt
Maybe I'm the only one here, but I dont want xmen in the mcu. At least not the fox cast of it. Other than fassbender, stewart, jackman, Alan cumming, and reynolds the rest of the actors are useless.
M.C. Swag
AG
The Debt said:

Maybe I'm the only one here, but I dont want xmen in the mcu. At least not the fox cast of it. Other than fassbender, stewart, jackman, Alan cumming, and reynolds the rest of the actors are useless.
I agree. I want Marvel to cast their own Mutant cast.
Farmer1906
AG
Outside of Ryan Reynolds, I don't want any fantastic four or X-Men actors/actresses in the MCU. Those previous movies can go the way of the Toby & Andrew SpiderMans.
hurleyag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Outside of Ryan Reynolds, I don't want any fantastic four or X-Men actors/actresses in the MCU. Those previous movies can go the way of the Toby & Andrew SpiderMans.
I can't imagine anyone other than Chris Evans as Captain though!
fig96
AG
The Debt said:

I would almost guarantee they'll recast entirely, which is kind of exciting.

We're also probably at least 3 years away from starting to see those films at minimum. I'd bet we'll go a bit more cosmic with Captain Marvel into Kree/Skrull territory for the next big conflict.
TCTTS
AG
I'm 99% certain Marvel will recast the X-Men.
Sbisa04
AG
I am sure Marvel would recast and reboot in proper time
M.C. Swag
AG
Bringing the discussion back to IW; I also wish that the Black Order (Thats what they were called, right?) was given more prominence in earlier films. I thought any of them would have made for great solo villains for like a Thor, GotG, or Iron Man movie. Woulda helped explain their own backstory and given them some character depth. As they were, I felt like they were just throwaways.
fig96
AG
Agreed, though not sure where they might have worked in. I would've liked to have learned more about them.
FL_Ag1998
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Bringing the discussion back to IW; I also wish that the Black Order (Thats what they were called, right?) was given more prominence in earlier films. I thought any of them would have made for great solo villains for like a Thor, GotG, or Iron Man movie. Woulda helped explain their own backstory and given them some character depth. As they were, I felt like they were just throwaways.

Ehhhh, don't think you could have gotten away with that. Remember, Thanos attacking Earth was meant to be a surprise to the heroes until this movie. You can't introduce one of the Black Order in IM3 or Cap America 2 or Thor 2 and still keep that a secret. Plus, for them to still be a threat and part of the Black Order they would have had to beat the hero in the hero's own stand-alone movie....that's not going to happen.

What I do wish, my only semi-complaint, is that they would have given us a better idea of the significance of the stones in the standalone movies building up to IW. By "us" I mean the average moviegoer, not the comic nerd/superfan who's been hashing over this stuff for years on message boards.
thriller03
AG
The Black Order weren't even a thing in the comics until 2012/2013. Not much to work with, and by the time Hickman wrote them many of the movies were already at least mapped out in concept.
Sex Panther
AG
I thought the Black Order were pretty good considering they were just Thanos' muscle and didn't even say any of their names.

I thought Ebony Maw was especially great, and Carrie Coon was really good as Proxima.
texasaggie04
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Sex Panther said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

quoting myself from page 222 of the MCU thread

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2537646/replies/51371362

Quote:

interesting thought i just had. In Avengers 1, loki tries to take over Tony's mind, but the arc reactor in his chest causes the scepter to have "performance issues." Seems odd that a man-made object could actually shield one from the power of an Infinity Stone.

not to mention, at the end of IM3, tony has the arc reactor removed from his chest, so he is now no longer immune to the mind stone.
could Tony's arc reactor be the key to destroying the stones now that Scarlet Witch is gone? We've seen it hinder the operation of the mind stone previously.

Tony gets to make the final sacrifice play.

Well they directly referenced it at the beginning of him not needing it, but he has it just in case... so there's some Chekhov's Gun for you.
yeah, also Tony is in the "Christ pose" on the IW poster.

I think we could say the same about cap too. The talks between him and vision about sacrifice, him holding the gauntlet when Thanos tried to punch him... They've set it up so we don't know who makes the final sacrifice.
texasaggie04
AG
Cromagnum said:

The only stone we didn't see Thanos use an inrividual power from was the mind stone. I wonder if we get to see something in part 2.

I don't think he used the soul stone either.

Power was used throughout for fighting.
Space used to travel.
Reality used for collector scene.
Time used against vision.

Mind and soul were not used exclusively, just in combination with the others for the finger snap.
FL_Ag1998
AG
M.C. Swag said:

LeonardSkinner said:

M.C. Swag said:

I woulda preferred if they stuck to the idea of him trying to impress 'death.' The altruistic motive falls apart for me once he actually acquires the stones.

Not sure how well they could have pulled off the "Death" motivation and still have the average moviegoer buy into it. I feel like they had to go the route they did on behalf of non-comic fans. It was a more easy and quick way to characterize Thanos considering we really didn't know anything about him before this movie. But, I feel like they route they went almost did too good of a job "humanizing" him. It almost made him too soft, what with his feelings for Gamora combined with his twisted-logic desire to "help" the universe by culling the population.

I would have loved to see the comic book Thanos - a complete hardass who slaughters whole planetary populations without reservation. That guy is truly one scary badass.
M.C. Swag
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Ehhhh, don't think you could have gotten away with that. Remember, Thanos attacking Earth was meant to be a surprise to the heroes until this movie. You can't introduce one of the Black Order in IM3 or Cap America 2 or Thor 2 and still keep that a secret. Plus, for them to still be a threat and part of the Black Order they would have had to beat the hero in the hero's own stand-alone movie....that's not going to happen.
hmm idk, still think it coulda worked. Why couldn't you introduce someone like Proxima Midnight without giving away Thanos? Wasn't Loki and Ronan the accuser 'sent' by Thanos? How is it any different if you were to sub Loki or Ronan for a Black Order member? (I'm not saying remove Loki. He's awesome. I'm just saying from a practical villain story telling perspective, I don't understand your point about 'surprising the heroes.')

Also, Thanos wasn't a surprise to any of the Guardians. (So again, I don't see how introducing them in a Guardians movie wouldn't work)
Quote:

What I do wish, my only semi-complaint, is that they would have given us a better idea of the significance of the stones in the standalone movies building up to IW. By "us" I mean the average moviegoer, not the comic nerd/superfan who's been hashing over this stuff for years on message boards.
I had the exact same qualm. Agree completely.
Hulla Baller
AG
I believe the Collector went over the stones in GOTG and then Strange went over them again in IW. I think the mystery of their origin is also on purpose.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Sex Panther said:

I thought Ebony Maw Squidward was especially great, and Carrie Coon was really good as Proxima.
AverageJones
AG
So back in the first Avengers movie, Thanos already had the mind stone (Loki's staff) and was trying to get the space stone?

Was his deal with Loki to trade the space stone to make Loki the ruler of Earth?
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yeah, I guess they did delve into the stones a little bit in Guardians of the Galaxy 1, but still feel like they could have done a little more to emphasize their importance in a few of the other movies. But just a minor complaint.

But my biggest complaint now that I think about it - Gamora new Thanos was after one of the stones, so she should have been able to put two and two together and figure out his overall plan if she didn't know it already. So why the hell haven't the Gaurdians been going after Thanos and or alerting the Nova Corps before infinity War? Hell they even gave that one infinity stone to the Nova Corps at the end of Guardians 1. So nobody thought to preemptively go after Thanos and take him down?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.