*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,955 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Dr. Horrible
How long do you want to ignore this user?
His home planet of Titan was overpopulated and it led to its downfall as he predicted. He felt it was his duty to make sure it didn't happen to the rest of the universe.
jtstanley4621
AG
Ah that's right. I guess it just didn't seem super impactful, i was expecting some kind of deep trauma flashback scene.
AliasMan02
AG
Urban Ag said:

Just saw it with the family. Really enjoyed it, can't say it's my favorite MCU but it's in my top 5.

So questions from a casual follower of the MCU/didn't read these comics when younger.

Strange let Thanos have his stone in returning for saving Stark because Thanos was going to get it any, or in his future vision of them beating Thanos (the 1 in 14m or whatever) he saw Stark as being part of it, or both?

So besides the Asgardians on Thor's ship, the only characters really killed off were Vision, Loki, and Gamorah and even then it seems unlikely that Gamorah stays dead since we have Guardians 3 in the works. Maybe even Loki comes back. I mean, I don't think anyone really thinks that all the people that turned to dust are going to stay that right?

Is there some significance to Thanos claiming her knows about Stark?

So, Thanos snapped his fingers and half the people in the universe died. That was the endgame right? That was the significance of the final scene having him sitting down on the hillside and watching the sun come up?

The comics have nothing to do with this at this point. No sense in trying to resolve what is happening in the MCU with the books.
Hulla Baller
AG
I wonder if Kevin Bacon survived?
Cromagnum
AG
Too bad Pepper didn't get zapped. More anger fuel for Tony, and eff Gwyneth Paltrow anyways.
WaltonAg18
AG
Do those killed by the soul stone not continue to exist within the realm of the stone?
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
fig96
AG
Cromagnum said:

Too bad Pepper didn't get zapped. More anger fuel for Tony, and eff Gwyneth Paltrow anyways.
I mean, she might have. We didn't see her either way unless I missed it.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I didn't stay after the credits. What did I miss?
fig96
AG
Fury and Hill driving through the city (DC?) as messages start coming in of an event, something has entered the atmosphere over Wakanda. A big SUV skids into the front of them, they get out to look and it's empty.

Hill dematerializes like the others did in Wakanda, Fury looks around and others are doing the same as panic ensues. He starts to run thorough the crowd and pulls out a handheld device. He's trying to message someone, then starts to dematerialize and says "Motherfu..." as he turns to ash.

His device clatters to the ground, we zoom in to see a message that says "Sending..." before a Captain Marvel star and colors appear on the screen.
dcaggie04
AG
fig96 said:

Fury and Hill driving through the city (DC?) as messages start coming in of an event, something has entered the atmosphere over Wakanda. A big SUV skids into the front of them, they get out to look and it's empty.

Hill dematerializes like the others did in Wakanda, Fury looks around and others are doing the same as panic ensues. He starts to run thorough the crowd and pulls out a handheld device. He's trying to message someone, then starts to dematerialize and says "Motherfu..." as he turns to ash.

His device clatters to the ground, we zoom in to see a message that says "Sending..." before a Captain Marvel star and colors appears on screen.

From hence forth known as the cosmic pager.
Brick Tamland
Just got out. Holy ****.
jtstanley4621
AG
I will say it's going to be very interesting to see how they get the gauntlet. Obviously the heroes that are dead are gonna come back since there are sequels planned haha. Thanos is essentially invincible with the gauntlet in his possession though. Also not sure what happened to it, it looked burned and cracked after he did the snap.
Dr. Horrible
Was it the snap that damaged the five or the hit by Thor?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Nice.
BlueSmoke
Great. So now Thanos and Dan Brown are Malthusian Catastrophe believers!
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Hulla Baller
AG
Looked like the snap to me because it was still intact when Thor's hammer was stuck in his chest. I also think Thanos was surprised by what happened to the gauntlet.
M.C. Swag
AG
Why do people think GotG 3 can't happen without Gamora?
Cromagnum
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Pretty sure it can't happen without Groot, Drax, Starlord, or Mantis too.
dcaggie04
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Wouldn't be the Guardians if there is only the rabbit remaining.
toucan82
Who cares about the GotG? I need to know if Ned is okay
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TFA's opening weekend record in trouble.
chipotle
dcaggie04 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Wouldn't be the Guardians if there is only the rabbit remaining.

Guardian of the Galaxy
_lefraud_
AG
PooDoo said:

The Banner/Hulk erectile disfunction bit was funny.
Pirate Angel was good too.

Anyone find it odd that Tony Stark had a flip phone?-

I took it as a shot at Cap. Tony only uses an outdated phone to get a hold of Cap, I assume "Steve Rogers" is the only contact saved to that phone.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Dinklage scene was a nice foreshadowing to the Red Wedding ending.
rhutton125
AG
Re: Gamora. I saw a quote from Chris Pratt, not really a spoiler but just in case, saying Guardians 3 makes it a real trilogy, 1 to 2, 2 to 3. I feel like you can't do it that way if Gamora is just kind of dead forever between 2 and 3 and it's unaddressed. So I think she comes back somehow.
jtstanley4621
AG
I mean does anyone really think that the characters that died are actually dead? No way black panther is dead, no way star lord is dead, no way Spider-Man is dead. No movies without either of those dudes. I agree that they sort of "earned" those dramatic moments when they fade away, but there's no way those people are really gone,

It'll be interesting to see about Loki and Gamora. Certainly seems like at least the Gamora loss was such a big part of the GOTG arc in the movie. But I agree that it would be weird if Gamora were gone for GOTG3
Brock Sampson
AG
Think about the people who are clueless on the future of MCU movies. Had to be a bigger "Oh crap" moment for them at the end
rhutton125
AG
I think...

Loki = gone
Vision = gone but hopefully not forever
Gamora = surely she'll be back
Dust folk = 100% sure they'll be back

Maybe 0% / 20% / 80% / 100%.

Glad the OGs lived to fight another day but at this point, post-dust? Any death could be final. I could rank the 10ish remaining characters by most likely to least likely to die but I won't just yet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG
They weren't killed by just the soul stone. It was all the stones. They are gone
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Avengers 4: Tokyo Drift

Avengers 4: Electric Bugaloo
The Debt
wangus12 said:

They weren't killed by just the soul stone. It was all the stones. They are gone

Supposedly the soul stone collects the souls of the dead into a realm similar to purgatory. Or so my nerd friend explained to me.
Cromagnum
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

I mean does anyone really think that the characters that died are actually dead? No way black panther is dead, no way star lord is dead, no way Spider-Man is dead. No movies without either of those dudes. I agree that they sort of "earned" those dramatic moments when they fade away, but there's no way those people are really gone,

It'll be interesting to see about Loki and Gamora. Certainly seems like at least the Gamora loss was such a big part of the GOTG arc in the movie. But I agree that it would be weird if Gamora were gone for GOTG3

They are dead until the gauntlet is used to bring them back.
titanmaster_race
Avengers: Infinity War was a better movie about the rapture than Left Behind was.
AverageJones
AG
So how the hell is Tony supposed to get back to earth? It's just him and Nebula on Titan with no ship? I guess Thor can rainbow them back if the can communicate somehow

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.