*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

209,086 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Tom Kazansky 2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw it last night. Absolutely loved it.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Now I'm REALLY interested in the title to Avengers 4 as we were told it's a spoiler for this one
'Avengers 4: Surprise! They're not all dead'
Brick Tamland
Your theory makes sense because in the comics the soul stone can send people inside of a different dimension. Drax and Gamora went through it in the current run of Guardians of the Galaxy. Not sure how they got there, or how they got out, but Gamora struggles with understanding it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Avengers 4: Tokyo Drift
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Are we to assume Valkyrie is dead? She was on the Asgardian ship at the end of Ragnarok, right?
Possible. But Thor did say that he killed half of what was left of his people so maybe she was with the other half (along with Korg).
Whos Juan
AG
Avengers 4: Citizens on Patrol
AgMarauder04
AG
Avengers 4: Electric Bugaloo
Ag Since 83
AG
Ah good point. Hard to imagine half of them being alive given the wreckage and Thor having to be found by the Guardians, but he did say that.
wangus12
AG
Of all the original Avengers, I'd say Thor has the biggest chance of sticking around. Ragnarok completely reinvigorated that franchise and I could see them trying to lengthen his contract.

I thought Ragnarok was the best Marvel film of the last few and that Thor was the outstanding performer last night as well.
The Debt
So I guess they removed the "courting Death" angle from Thanos' motivations. I guess that reason was too inside baseball for the bell curve.

I kinda prefer it being gone. So you introduce a character most audiences dont know, hes some alien titan who kills off a ton of characters to impress aNother entity we don't really know. His motivation is entirely selfish.

Instead we get introduced to this cosmic god that is trying to satiate his conscious and "do good", he then has an external desire. It's not as selfish as getting your stinger wet.
AgMarauder04
AG
Agree. Just like Civil War....great story, but had to make changes for a better screen adaptation.
hurleyag
AG
So Is Thanos immortal? I mean he took Thor's axe to the heart and survived.
wangus12
AG
Trying to decide if I'm gonna go see it again after work or not. Decisions
Brick Tamland
He can manipulate reality. I'm sure he healed himself. Definitely not immortal.
Saxsoon
AG
It's obviously Avengers: Time Cop

The Debt
hurleyag said:

So Is Thanos immortal? I mean he took Thor's axe to the heart and survived.
he weilds all 6 stones. As long as his brain is attached to his arm he can change reality, including the state of his vital organs.

The real question is what happens if someone uses one of those Dark Elf blackhole grenades on thanos before he changes the reality.
Latrobe
AG
The Gauntlet looked pretty beat up after the snap of the fingers.

is that just collateral damage?

Latrobe
AG
Why didn't Strange make a portal while they were on the ship. Seems like that could have been used there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is it possible Nick Fury's pager somehow communicated back in time to Captain Marvel in the 90's?

Because we know the movie takes place in the 90's right?

I'm guessing (and sort of fearing) they're going to alter the timeline completely a-la Days of Future Past, and essentially wipe the slate clean.
MBAR
AG
I'd guess that is possible but I'd guess its more likely that it's simply a message to outer space. Although who the **** uses a pager today so maybe.

I'm not sure there will be a time reversal, but at the very least some of those characters are coming back. I don't think they all do, and I think we lose more in 4, but we'll see.

I figured that the Captain Marvel movie is mostly an origion story that sets up her role in Avengers 4. I would imagine AM&TW is similar in that it sets up their role in the next movie too.
hurleyag
AG
I'm guessing the Captain Marvel movie will be an origin movie and we'll get a post credit scene in the future/present of her receiving the page.
Simplebay
AG
saw it. really good. exhausting
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
When Dr Strange disappeared is when it turned into an "oh ****" moment for me.

Up to then, I was thinking he'd somehow tricked Thanos and was going to end up reversing time.
chipotle
I don't know, I'm siding with thanos on this one. Maybe the universe needed a good cleansing.
RadAg14
AG
Same especially after he made it a point to tony that the stone was worth more than his life
Brick Tamland
That would make sense. Attack Thanos through the space portal from the first Avengers movie. Although that would deem everything after meaningless..
MBAR
AG
Strange had to see something int he possible futures that made him understand Tony was more important than the time stone. Its the only thing that makes sense given how they set it up.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is it possible Nick Fury's pager somehow communicated back in time to Captain Marvel in the 90's?

Because we know the movie takes place in the 90's right?

I'm guessing (and sort of fearing) they're going to alter the timeline completely a-la Days of Future Past, and essentially wipe the slate clean.
Doubt it. Pretty sure its been confirmed that the Captain Marvel story is happening in the 90's. Pagers were huge then. At the end of that film she probably leaves Fury the pager increase they are in desperate need of help and goes of into the void.

Like MBAR said, there are obviously gonna be some form of recall to bring characters back, but I don't think he's paging across time at this point.
GrayMatter
AG
chipotle said:

I don't know, I'm siding with thanos on this one. Maybe the universe needed a good cleansing.
That's how they wanted you to feel about him. The directors humanizing Thanos was a brilliant move. Now they have their arc in explaining things about Thanos that we didn't know. They wanted us to sympathize with him, but I think he will show his darker side in some movie.
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
wangus12
AG
Also what if at the end of AM&tW during a post credit scene it shows Wasp disappearing from The Snap. Definitely gives AM a reason to get involved. Same with Hawkeye and his family
chipotle
Having eliminated half he probably gets bored and starts going gauntlet crazy(if that's still working).

If he'd just retire then I'd say everyone should just call it a day.
miller0926
AG
wangus12 said:

Also what if at the end of AM&tW during a post credit scene it shows Wasp disappearing from The Snap. Definitely gives AM a reason to get involved. Same with Hawkeye and his family
This is kinda something I'm thinking. At the end of the movie we're left with the original Avengers + War Machine + Rocket + Strange (I may be forgetting someone here). The snap probably killed some of Hawkeye's family, so now he will come out of retirement or wherever and you got the entire original team together for the ultimate finale.
MBAR
AG
miller0926 said:

wangus12 said:

This is kinda something I'm thinking. At the end of the movie we're left with the original Avengers + War Machine + Rocket + Strange (I may be forgetting someone here). The snap probably killed some of Hawkeye's family, so now he will come out of retirement or wherever and you got the entire original team together w/ Fury for the ultimate finale.
Strange is gone at the end.
miller0926
AG
Is he? There was a lot to remember. Fury is gone too so I edited that out.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
chipotle said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.