*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

209,079 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
jac4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TajMaballer said:

heddleston said:

Holland (and Marvel) have nailed Spiderman and Peter Parker. His quipping while fighting Thanos (magic! magic kick!) had me rolling. He may be the best, most accurate film adaptation of a comic hero yet.

I think if we are going straight page to screen, the following actors have captured their character perfectly:

Tom Holland - Spider-Man
Robert Downey Jr. - Iron Man
Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool
Chris Evans - Captain America

Hugh Jackman made his iteration of Wolverine interesting and badass, but when I read comics, I never think of Jackman like I do with the above list.

Patrick Stewart?
BCG Disciple
AG
I thought Josh Brolin did a great job playing Ron Pearlman as Thanos.
israeliag
AG
Glad we get Ant Man and the Wasp next. After that grim ending I need me some Paul Rudd.

(To be clear I loved IW)
InternetFan02
AG
They seemed to intentionally ignore any awkward Natasha-Bruce love story follow up. Good work killing that plot.
The Debt
I didnt put this in the mcu thread because it's a spoiler. It's an obvious point but relevant to future films: the infinity gauntlet killed those folks. They weren't blinked out of existence, they were killed. People have memory of them and their actions. Therefore the tone of future films is bleak because every character has lost friends/families/lovers, that is unless the heros get the gauntlet.

Marvel has made endorphins the vehicle for billions. (That is the Disney business model). So it behooves them to reverse course as quickly as possible which is why I think they only have one film chronologically between infinity war 1 and infinity war 2.
InternetFan02
AG
Underrrated suspense/action scene when the bad guys first arrived In NYC in the flying donut. Very well done with the swirling wind and building suspense.

One of my pet peeves in these movies is urban action scenes in fake looking cities with no civilians around. The Scotland scene was like that.
israeliag
AG
"I'm Dr. Strange."

"Oh, we're using our made up names."
fig96
AG
I was not emotionally prepared for that.

But that was awesome. Simply getting that many characters to work together in one coherent storyline is a pretty massive achievement.
LB12Diamond
AG
Great movie, only complaint was The part with Starlord being selfish and stopping them from getting the gauntlet. They could have added a part with the shock from her being gone without stopping them.

Clearly Stark is key or Strange would not have given him the stone to save him. Curious if him getting Thanos's blood sample will play a part. Bc of his comment and Stark living.
fig96
AG
Also, the tonal shift from location to location was REALLY well done. Surprisingly funny in parts.
israeliag
AG
It just hit me... Is Nova Corps John C Reilly dead???

And Korg can survive in space right? Right?
MBAR
AG
The Debt said:

I didnt put this in the mcu thread because it's a spoiler. It's an obvious point but relevant to future films: the infinity gauntlet killed those folks. They weren't blinked out of existence, they were killed. People have memory of them and their actions. Therefore the tone of future films is bleak because every character has lost friends/families/lovers, that is unless the heros get the gauntlet.

Marvel has made endorphins the vehicle for billions. (That is the Disney business model). So it behooves them to reverse course as quickly as possible which is why I think they only have one film chronologically between infinity war 1 and infinity war 2.
There's zero films in between the 2. Ant man takes place before and so does Captain Marvel.
The Debt
israeliag said:

And Korg can survive in space right? Right?

He was at the printer making pamphlets.
BCG Disciple
AG
BLM has taken issue with Thanos' randomized disintegration. Specifically, are we supposed to believe that in the random context of 20 or so super heroes that the black one disintegrates? There was a 2.5% likelihood that the black guy was snapped away, but it happened and here we are. Clearly more institutional racism.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
7 pm IMAX 3D for viewing #2 tonight.

Filmed entirely on IMAX cameras so I'm hyped.
The Debt
Cant take solace in the last stand of hope was fully dependent on a black tribe?
Hulla Baller
AG
I guess that depends which half he was on.
ScottBowen
AG
MBAR said:

The Debt said:

There's zero films in between the 2. Ant man takes place before and so does Captain Marvel.
I've heard Ant-Man takes place before and during IW. So the last scene of the movie will probably be one of them disintegrating, probably Kate.
AgMarauder04
AG
Jebber said:

Great movie, only complaint was The part with Starlord being selfish and stopping them from getting the gauntlet. They could have added a part with the shock from her being gone without stopping them.

Clearly Stark is key or Strange would not have given him the stone to save him. Curious if him getting Thanos's blood sample will play a part. Bc of his comment and Stark living.

Remember Age of Ultron? Starks nightmare of all dead Avengers and Cap saying he could have saved everyone. Has to be connected.
The Debt
But that vision had everyone dead, not just half. And the dead still had bodies, not just ash.
rhutton125
AG
They could die from Thanos. Maybe Tony will have to let the others die (temporarily) before claiming the gauntlet and resetting?

I think more likely, that vision was just fear, not prophecy.
Scotty Flamingo
God I felt for thanos during the gamora scene...but then I remembered what an ******* he was
PatAg
AG
heddleston said:

Im with you, I also expected Thanos' knockout punch to Cap to have been lethal. That said, it was still incredible and I'm good with them living. The gut wrench of seeing Stark hold Parker in his arms as he drifted away was worth it.

Good point
AgMarauder04
AG
The Debt said:

But that vision had everyone dead, not just half. And the dead still had bodies, not just ash.

True, they weren't going to do a direct mirror, but it comes back to Tony somehow being the key.
TajMaballer
AG
I am stoked for the Thanos book coming out this fall.

MARVEL's Avengers: Infinity War: Thanos: Titan Consumed https://www.amazon.com/dp/031648251X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5jo5AbJR6XP46

The current Thanos run by Donny Cates is also very good.
dreyOO
Watched it last night. Loved it. Didn't want it to end
Beat40
dreyOO said:

I was surprised, it didn't feel like 2 and 1/2 hours.
nickstro66
AG
Parker dying in Tony's arms was heartbreaking, especially after the son stuff at the beginning. Tom Holland did such a great job.
The Debt
Beat40 said:

dreyOO said:

I was surprised, it didn't feel like 2 and 1/2 hours.

It kinda felt long as it was giving each stone a story. Ironically they cut thanos defeating xandar due to time: the sequence lasted 94 secs.
jac4
AG
Need to watch it again, but by my memory Rocket and Nebula were the only Guardians characters to survive?

Also, aren't there rumors of a Collector-Grandmaster movie down the road ? Maybe I'm just thinking that Goldblum said he'd be interested in that topic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In line at the theater. They have four different lines going. Lots of security. It's a madhouse.
Urban Ag
AG
Just saw it with the family. Really enjoyed it, can't say it's my favorite MCU but it's in my top 5.

So questions from a casual follower of the MCU/didn't read these comics when younger.

Strange let Thanos have his stone in returning for saving Stark because Thanos was going to get it any, or in his future vision of them beating Thanos (the 1 in 14m or whatever) he saw Stark as being part of it, or both?

So besides the Asgardians on Thor's ship, the only characters really killed off were Vision, Loki, and Gamorah and even then it seems unlikely that Gamorah stays dead since we have Guardians 3 in the works. Maybe even Loki comes back. I mean, I don't think anyone really thinks that all the people that turned to dust are going to stay that right?

Is there some significance to Thanos claiming her knows about Stark?

So, Thanos snapped his fingers and half the people in the universe died. That was the endgame right? That was the significance of the final scene having him sitting down on the hillside and watching the sun come up?

Urban Ag
AG
Also, one thing I thought they did very well was actually explaining what the infinity stones are and why Thanos wanted them. Someone who has not followed the MCU could literally walk in to this movie and understand the plot.
Scotty Flamingo
Forgive me if this has already been posted but I did not catch this.

https://news.avclub.com/yep-theres-an-arrested-development-character-hidden-in-1825618581
jtstanley4621
AG
I highly enjoyed that. One thing that I was a big curious about is they didn't fully explain why thanos was so set on bringing balance to the universe. I get that he felt it was his destiny, but I didn't catch exactly what the reason behind him thinking that was

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.