*** SW: The Last Jedi - FULL SPOILERS BE IN HERE ***

344,682 Views | 3129 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Definitely Not A Cop
cc10106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow, i didn't expect to read this much negativity considering TLJ was superior in about every way i can think of to TFA which goes downhill quickly in the second half. I would put it behind ESB and ANH and just ahead of R1. I also wasn't annoyed by the "SJW" agenda, or whatever some of you like to call it. This is TexAgs, after all, so go figure that the comentary would devolve into that.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Right, because absolutely NO ONE outside of Texags is expressing that.
Dr. Teeth
AG
AGGies0311 said:

When Luke threw his lightsaber over his shoulder I knew this movie was going to let me down.

This. OMG THIS.

TFA closed brilliantly on that hand off. Rian Johnson to a giant **** all over it.

From that point forward this movie told all of us that all that stuff we've spent 9 movies telling you is significant... isn't.

I hated this movie. More than I hated the prequels.
aggiebird02
Teacher_Ag said:

Right, because absolutely NO ONE outside of Texags is expressing that.
Can you please stop turning a StarWars thread into a political discussion? We get it, StarWars doesn't jive with your politics, okay, take your junk to the politics board...
Teacher_Ag
AG
Nothing I've said belongs in the Pol forum. It's funny that you want this thread to be an echo chamber and it's not going to happen.
aggiebird02
Teacher_Ag said:

Nothing I've said belongs in the Pol forum. It's funny that you want this thread to be an echo chamber and it's not going to happen.
Yeah, it's hilarious...
Teacher_Ag
AG
Then why not just drop it? Some of y'all think there was no overabundant PC feel, some of us do. Kind of an agree to disagree type of thing, but the social message or lack thereof of a piece of entertainment doesn't warrant the "go to the Pol board" whining.
aggiebird02
You're right. I'm wrong.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My Thursday night "Fan Event" showing was about 70% full.

Just got to the theater 40 mins early for a 7 pm showing and there's easily 200 people in line in front of me.

I wonder if people avoided paying for that Fan Event ticket or there's just more people watching the movie tonight than even opening night.
Saxsoon
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

Then why not just drop it? Some of y'all think there was no overabundant PC feel, some of us do. Kind of an agree to disagree type of thing, but the social message or lack thereof of a piece of entertainment doesn't warrant the "go to the Pol board" whining.

Why are you bothered by women and minorities?
aggiebird02
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just got to the theater 40 mins early for a 7 pm showing and there's easily 200 people in line in front of me.
This happened for a lot of people with TFA too. I think it's because a lot of people assume it'll be too full the first day, so they plan on seeing the second or third day instead. Thus, the second, third, fourth days are the busiest...
Teacher_Ag
AG
I stated a while ago it's not the inclusion of women or minorities that bother me. It's more the "lessons" that some of the characters learn that I guess the makers thought the audience needed an education on. For example, I rolled my eyes when Poe approaches Dern and is like "whoa, YOU are this badass admiral I've heard about?" And SW is like, yes, this purple-haired woman IS that badass figure and you better like it. If they had just had her be that charachter and not feel the need to remind us that a male character is going to try to be sexist it would have been better. That's just one example of several that made me cringe. Plus, on top of those it was a ****ty movie.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Reading your posts make me cringe.
JCRiley09
AG
Is Rogue One Vader the best demonstration of force badassery? I thought at some point in the throne room, either Rey or Kylo was going to have a force rage moment that just leveled two or three of those red dudes... didn't happen. Then I thought Luke was going to implode the ATATs since canon says he can take down a star destroyer... didn't happen. Thank you Rogue One for teasing what a capable force user can do.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Ok.
aggiebird02
Teacher_Ag said:

I stated a while ago it's not the inclusion of women or minorities that bother me. It's more the "lessons" that some of the characters learn that I guess the makers thought the audience needed an education on. For example, I rolled my eyes when Poe approaches Dern and is like "whoa, YOU are this badass admiral I've heard about?" And SW is like, yes, this purple-haired woman IS that badass figure and you better like it. If they had just had her be that charachter and not feel the need to remind us that a male character is going to try to be sexist it would have been better. That's just one example of several that made me cringe. Plus, on top of those it was a ****ty movie.
I took it as she was hot, and he was physically attracted to her, which he didn't think would happen with a badass admiral. But I guess you read into it what you wanted, and I read into it what I wanted...
Know Your Enemy
AG
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS MOVIE TRIED TO FORCE VEGETARIANISM DOWN OUR THROATS BY MAKING CHEWBACCA FEEL GUILTY FOR EATING A PORG. THERE IS NO WAY IT WAS INCLUDED ONLY FOR HUMOR. WHITE RAGE!
aggiebird02
Junkhead said:

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS MOVIE TRIED TO FORCE VEGETARIANISM DOWN OUR THROATS BY MAKING CHEWBACCA FEEL GUILTY FOR EATING A PORG. THERE IS NO WAY IT WAS INCLUDED ONLY FOR HUMOR. WHITE RAGE!
I really thought he'd still eat it. It was funny though with him growling like, "but I'm so hungry!"...
Belton Ag
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

There is nothing Poe says that suggests he is being sexist. At all. He dutifully served under Leia with no objections and the issues he had with Dern were strategic. How can you get that out of what we all saw?
Teacher_Ag
AG
It never crossed my mind he would find her hot. Maybe he has a thing for grannies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wouldn't bother, it's a ridiculous post.
aggiebird02
Teacher_Ag said:

It never crossed my mind he would find her hot. Maybe he has a thing for grannies.
HaHa, you are such a turkey...
wesag
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

This happened for a lot of people with TFA too. I think it's because a lot of people assume it'll be too full the first day, so they plan on seeing the second or third day instead. Thus, the second, third, fourth days are the busiest...

Imax was full as hell on Thursday in our town
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Weirdest thing. Even coming out of my showing on Thursday, there was a huge line for the 10 pm showing.

I'm thinking the Fan Event one put a lot of people off due to the price being double a regular ticket.
aggiebird02
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Weirdest thing. Even coming out of my showing on Thursday, there was a huge line for the 10 pm showing.

I'm thinking the Fan Event one put a lot of people off due to the price being double a regular ticket.
Fan event was a rip-off. I was disappointed with the swag. The 'poster' wasn't even a real poster, but at least I saw it before anyone could spoil it. For me, not worrying about spoilers was worth the price of an early Thursday admission.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think a lot of people, who while being huge fans, kind of avoid the dressed up uber nerd level of fandom. And they are also hoping to avoid a cheer-heavy showing. Not saying the Fan Events are necessarily full of that, but I think there is that perception. There's also the working stiffs where the weeks leading up to Xmas are just busy. I know oftentimes in my career it feels like we're trying to cram about 2 months of work into 3 weeks this time of year.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yup, that's always the main reason I want to go to the first possible showing. Ended up not mattering since that moron spoiled me on here anyway.
aggiebird02
Teacher_Ag said:

Plus, on top of those it was a ****ty movie.
That's just... like... your opinion... man...
caleblyn
Okay, so what are some questions going forward?

1. Was Kylo telling the truth about Rey's parents being nothing of special? If yes, does it mean anything other than the force being a viable to anyone and not birthright? If no, who are her parents? I choose the latter and that they are siblings. I know Snoke said he manipulated them but I think the power to connect to each other was their own doing kind of like Luke and Leia.

2. Who was Snoke?

3. Where are we going next? Kylo and Rey have their own academy's?
Dr. Teeth
AG
It would have been awesome if they had made Laura Dern's character Sabine Wren.
caleblyn
Found it odd that my 11:30 am showing this morning was 20% full.
aggiebird02
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yup, that's always the main reason I want to go to the first possible showing. Ended up not mattering since that moron spoiled me on here anyway.
What did they say? I missed it...
Was there any repercussions for the poster doing that?
Belton Ag
AG
Our showing here in College Station was very different than the one for TFA two years ago. There was nobody dressed up (for TFA we had multiple Yodas and a Vader) and very few cheers.
DannyDuberstein
AG
1) I tend to think Kylo is lying, but not sure. I hope he isn't. At this point, I would be good to put the whole Rey parental mystery to bed.

2) i dont expect to ever know an answer about Snoke

3) Possible for Rey. But I think Kylo is on his own. Hope it doesn't go far in this direction though. Would feel a little prequel-ish. No kids or academies please
aggiebird02
caleblyn said:

Okay, so what are some questions going forward?

1. Was Kylo telling the truth about Rey's parents being nothing of special? If yes, does it mean anything other than the force being a viable to anyone and not birthright? If no, who are her parents? I choose the latter and that they are siblings. I know Snoke said he manipulated them but I think the power to connect to each other was their own doing kind of like Luke and Leia.

2. Who was Snoke?

3. Where are we going next? Kylo and Rey have their own academy's?
1: We saw the slave kid force grab the broom at the end. Anakin came from a slave. Some just have it, otherwise I'd think there would be breeding programs that Sith or Jedi or some organizations would employ to have an army of force users...

2: Snoke is a mystery.

3: Kylo will rule the universe, and Rey will still need to be trained by force ghost Luke, Yoda, Kenobi, etc...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.