*** SW: The Last Jedi - FULL SPOILERS BE IN HERE ***

313,362 Views | 3129 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Satellite of Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would make them the same as Cpt Phasma's armor. That deflected laser blasts easily!
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
The Collective
AG
Satellite of Love said:

Gigem314 said:

MGS said:

Perhaps Luke was beamed up to the Enterprise.

JJ merges the two universes in Episode IX.
"Prosper and live long you will"
I just hope drunk ******* Yoda makes 1 final appearance in IX. There was something a little off about a spirit being able to cause weather and touch a live person.

Why does Force Ghost Yoda need a walking stick?
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Are we complaining about cinematic battles, now? This complaint not only applies to every Star Wars movie, but any movie involving hand to hand combat, firefights, vehicle chases, etc.
No, I'm not complaining... the whole point of my post was to say we just need to turn off our brains and enjoy. After the prequel trilogy and now these, we are beyond the point of asking, "couldn't they just do this instead". We've seen so many Jedi abilities, etc. that it makes even using lightsabers pointless really. But heck no, I don't want them to stop, there just isn't any point debating what does or doesn't make sense.

That fight scene in Snoke's chambers was one of the highlights of the new trilogy IMO... I wouldn't change it... but it also doesn't make any sense why they took on the red guard hand-to-hand. Point is... who cares, turn off the logical part of your brain and enjoy!
israeliag
AG
CJS4715 said:

Why does Force Ghost Yoda need a walking stick?
In Yoda's case, it's always been a walking schtick
The Collective
AG
jr15aggie said:

That fight scene in Snoke's chambers was one of the highlights of the new trilogy IMO... I wouldn't change it... but it also doesn't make any sense why they took on the red guard hand-to-hand. Point is... who cares, turn off the logical part of your brain and enjoy!

Such a great looking scene. I really look forward to watching it at home once I get time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Force push was used in all the PT fights I can think of.
israeliag
AG
I stand corrected.
israeliag
AG
For some reason I was thinking about Poe's delaying chat with Hux today, and how stalling tactics repeatedly are used by the Resistance (good guys) throughout the film, and even bookending the film with them. And, it kind of struck me: any second installment in a trilogy is essentially a "stalling tactic" of a film arc. Not to say that in film 2 of 3 there isn't a story to be told, motifs to be examined, and characters to grow, but there's a truth that you know something else is coming.

With the amount of meta-lines and themes in this movie - "Forget the past, kill it if you have to;" "This isn't going to end like you expect" - I have to assume this was purposeful (having all those more explicit nods to the audience might why I had missed it).
jokershady
AG
Go buy the DVD!

With all the discussion on the SW Thread in a good place surrounding the upcoming Solo movie, figured this is a good time to TTT this thread to discuss the DVD extras.

Holy ***** Some of the deleted scenes were great! I'll include spoiler tags for those who haven't seen them all. To summarize though, this puts even more emphasis that Canto Bight should have been axed altogether, and time instead filled with more of: Rey and Luke on island & Fin, Rose, +1 on Snokes ship.

Deleted scene: the "raid" on the island
well, we finally found out where that scene with Rey sprinting with the light saber from the trailer came from. This whole setup was great! Setup a lesson that was the same that Yoda tried to explain to Luke in ESB that intervention can be a bad thing and balance of the force is the most important thing to a Jedi.

Her refusal to listen and trying to intervene which ended up being a hoax (which the reactions to this were pretty funny) could have been a huge opportunity in the film.

Deleted scene: the elevator on Snokes ship
another huge opportunity missed. This whole scene shows if more time was devoted to them trying to blend in with the First Order how cool that part of the story could have been.

It was pretty neat to see that a storm trooper recognized Finn. While I didn't particularly care how this deleted scene went entirely, it was still damn good and could have been amazing if added in.

Deleted scene: extended chase scene on Canto Bight
holy cow this the original was actually longer???? Good gawd this was worse (maybe) than anything in the prequels.

No need for spoiler tags. Just wanted to stay consistent.

Deleted scene: Finn and Poe
never gave it much thought but this little addition at the beginning of the film was great. Finn was knocked out from the fight with Ren and didn't actually know Star Killer was destroyed. This short tidbit of exposition between the two of them I thought was great and added to the story.

There's a least one more deleted scene I wanted to mention but totally going by memory here.

Also, the extra titles "Balance of the Force" which was basically Johnson explaining he's reasoning behind what he did with the Force in this film and the movie in general was very interesting. It at least gives a good argument on why he did things this way, and definitely helps to see that perspective.

There's still other parts of the extras I haven't had the chance to watch but can't wait to.

Would love to hear others takes on some of the extras on the DVD.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The final lesson / "Raid" scene absolutely should have stayed in the movie.
jokershady
AG
I know right!?!?!?!?

Damnit when that scene ended I was thinking "how did this not make the final cut!"

They should have changed the dialogue at the very end of it but the whole setup, tone, twist, and everything it symbolized was ****ing perfect!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Re: the raid scene

I had a different take.... I mean I get it and it yeah it was a great lesson.....but in the end it felt a whole lot like a Ewok dance party broke out at the end and I went <groaaaaaan>.

I can live without that.

The rest of them sucked.

The longer Canto scene made me think the one we saw was just "bad" now because that was godwaful....like that would have ruined the entire movie. I'm now thankful we only got as much Canto as we did.....so mission accomplished if they were trying to make me like the original more.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
When she holds up the lightsaber and shakes it around, and they all cheer and start dancing, was pretty hilarious.

jokershady
AG
Ya same for me!

Really curious to hear others takes on the deleted scenes as well as the extra behind the scene stuff on the bonus DVD
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

I'll probably get roasted for this.

Throwaway characters. The theme was throwaway characters. Let's take a bunch of characters. Build them up for nearly 4 years, and then kill them all off without explaining anything about them. Phasma, Snoke, Luke. I just don't get it. Phasma added nothing to the entire storyline except having a soldier with cool armor to sell toys. Snoke apparently finished Kylo's training? Yet he can't beat a girl that has trained in the force for exactly 1 day total. Yet he can trick a sith lord and murder him. And then there was Luke. Who finally accepts that there is another person who can become a Jedi, and then decides to become one with the force after one day of training her.

Let's circle back to that. One day of training. Yet we are taking on two Sith Lords? Even if she could have turned Kylo, how the hell was she supposed to realistically help in that situation? Oh right, because she is the most powerful Jedi ever. Already seeing people's futures, lifting thousands of pounds of rocks (It took Luke weeks to lift an X-Wing), and again, standing toe to toe and being evenly matched with a Sith Lord.

I will give credit where credit is due: I do love the new 3. Poe is a complete badass, and his storyline was the least ridiculous. I liked Finn's storyline, but I have a real pet peeve about two identical vehicles, both running at full speed, and one catching the other. And I wasn't a fan of the whole love story. And Besides Rey being J-1000, I really do enjoy her character.

And the action scenes were awesome. Easily the best in any Star Wars movie previously. Taking down Snokes ship was badass, and the silence right after was the best part of the movie. Music was top notch like always.

It just didn't feel like a Star Wars movie. It just felt like "Guardians of the Galaxy 3: We Are Doing Star Wars This Time!"

And Matrix Luke was ridiculous. Almost as much as the trained Jedi kid at the end that's a sweeper.

Again, I know that everyone else probably loved it. Ultimately I thought it was a great sci-fi action flick with a terrible story choices. I'm not trying to troll, I'm just disappointed that I didn't like it. So I'm sorry.

I would like to take credit for being the first person on Texags to state I didn't like this movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.