*** SW: The Last Jedi - FULL SPOILERS BE IN HERE ***

322,406 Views | 3129 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Definitely Not A Cop
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
vwbug said:

Same with throwing the lightsaber over his shoulder. IT wasn't funny. No one laughed - completely ruined the ending of TFA. I was shocked they did that.
Really. Both times I've seen it, it got plenty of laughs. Sounds like your theaters are joyless losers jk
spanky
AG
Who is the Chinese girl?
americathegreat1492
I lived overseas and didnt have internet when the prequels came out...is this basically how those were received? People liking them more on subsequent viewings but most people liking them less the more they thought about them?
wangus12
AG
The real reason people are upset it that this scene made the cut.

amercer
AG
I'm sure I'll agree with some of the complaints when I read this whole thread, but I thought it was awesome. And the theater I was in laughed, gasped, and applauded multiple times during the movie.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Should have posted Vietnamese. Rose. Terrible character and took Finn down with her.
Saul Goodman
AG
I thought Rose was fantastic, and she was a huge driver behind establishing the theme of a future rebellion that I'm sure will be a big part of IX
Madmarttigan
AG
Saul Goodman said:

I thought Rose was fantastic, and she was a huge driver behind establishing the theme of a future rebellion that I'm sure will be a big part of IX
lunchbox
I'm going to pay closer attention next time I watch it but one of my questions that I haven't seen mentioned was when Kylo blew up the hangar. It seemed like he was flying into a shaft leading to the hangar bay...not much room to do a u-turn...especially with his tie fighter wingmen.

I was also confused about why they would do a deal with del Toro's character for a while...but then remembered he must have overheard Poe explaining the escape plan to trash can BB-8.

Like everyone else, I loved the 6-7 seconds of silence after the hyperspace torpedo move...but I wish they would have shown more of the external damage later. They went from the ship was exploding all over the place to "no biggie...let's just hang around Snoke's throne room" pretty quickly.

I left underwhelmed but my wife absolutely loved it. I haven't had the heart to tell her I'm not really looking forward to taking the kids to see it very soon.
VanZandt92
The fat rebel pilot got killed. Again.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Luke was a throw away crybaby character that did nothing but say "guys guys, look over here" while they escaped. And then he died.

Complete waste. I thought the movie sucked.
lunchbox
VanZandt92 said:

The fat rebel pilot got killed. Again.
I've seen people on twitter claim it was James Corden. Guess that'll have to be something else I watch for next time.
jr15aggie
AG
2nd viewing:

OK OK... I get it now. I'm still not happy about Luke, but I get it. There is a lot of emotion and perfect music queues in this movie that I missed the first time.

I'm agreeing with others, the movie really shines the second go round. The bad parts aren't as painful and the good moments really stand out.

I really like this Star Wars movie... But I expect to see Luke do something bad ass now that he and Yoda have proved they can still effect the living world.
VanZandt92
Besides the characters..

Costuming, equipment, ships and AT ATs. What do you think?
Philip J Fry
AG
Thought it was terrible. Like almost prequel bad. Dialogue was bad. Humor was eye rollingly bad. Story was disjointed and mixed with social justice bullcrap. Rose was hellabad.

Light speed kamakazi was awesome.
Flashdiaz
AG
Watching TFA and the first thing Han says to Leai is "you changed your hair"....
wesag
AG
The Last Jedi took risks? When?
MrPlow2010
AG
Needs more lightsaber fights. I think the only times two lightsabers touched was in the flashback with Luke and Kylo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wesag said:

When did it play it safe?
nikator
AG
bangobango said:

And they better be planning on explaining more about Snoke. They've completely taken away the mystery/big bad feeling that the OT had with Vader and the emperor.
Frankly, how much did the original trilogy explain anything about the Emperor. All we know is that the Empire replaced the Republic, they don't even mention his name (it only shows up in the novelization if I am correct), he shows up as a hologram in Empire and then in a couple of scenes in Jedi before the final show down with Luke.

I not even sure if the word Sith is mentioned in the original trilogy, just references to the dark side and that the Emperor somehow corrupted him like Snoke got Kylo.

The reaction between Vader and the Emperor was limited too, other than the Emperor asking Vader if his heart was in the right place about Skywalker...there was little about the nature of their relationship...nothing close to Snoke tossing Kylo around or making him get rid of the mask and showing his contempt for him.

Nobody saw Snoke being taken out in this movie...it was a bold move and now we will see if it pays off in the third movie.

There is something to nitpick in pretty much all the movies, but I am fine with them blowing up a lot of my and others preconceived notions on how to finish this trilogy up.

Frankly my theater was cracking up at many of the jokes.,.,and I did not get any sense of the deep disapproval that many of you sensed in your theaters. For the first time in a while I stuck around after the movie to talk to total strangers about the movie.

Anyway, to each his own.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
nikator
AG
jr15aggie said:

I really like this Star Wars movie... But I expect to see Luke do something bad ass now that he and Yoda have proved they can still effect the living world.
I was joking with my neighbor...Luke can show up as a force ghost and annoy the crap out of Kylo
---------------

- Old Turkish saying
wesag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

wesag said:

When did it play it safe?

Luke is now an Obi Wan analog.
Orphan kid who will become a Jedi. Never saw that before.

Rey is basically young Skywalker.

Cute little critters. Check.

Leia appearance. Check.

Luke. Check.
Chewy
R2d2
Threepio

What else?

Poe is the new Han type character.

Snoke basically replaced the emperor.

Kylo Ren? Hell they even said he is the new Vader.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Amazing. Every sentence you just said is wrong.
nikator
AG
Someone mentioned the golden dice..their appearance is explained here https://www.ranker.com/list/easter-eggs-in-star-wars-the-last-jedi/jenniferlennon?
---------------

- Old Turkish saying
VanZandt92
nikator said:

Someone mentioned the golden dice..their appearance is explained here https://www.ranker.com/list/easter-eggs-in-star-wars-the-last-jedi/jenniferlennon?

That link locked up my phone.
VanZandt92
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Amazing. Every sentence you just said is wrong.

I liked the movie, but there wasn't anything risky in there except maybe DelToro and he didn't get fleshed out at all.
nikator
AG
VanZandt92 said:

nikator said:

That link locked up my phone.
Not sure why, working on my pc.

Here is what the article says

Those Gold Dice Are An Easter Egg Of An Easter Egg

In The Last Jedi, both Luke and Leia seem to have a connection to a pair of gold dice Luke finds hanging in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. Those dice first appear in A New Hope; they're essentially just set dressing, as they're never directly mentioned or addressed.

After A New Hope, the dice disappear. They don't appear in another Star Wars film until The Force Awakens. According to Vanity Fair, "[Lucasfilm Story Group creative executive Pablo] Hidalgo says it's possible the production team simply forgot about them between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back."

In The Last Jedi, it's implied that the dice were meaningful to Han Solo, emblematic of his career as a smuggler and a gambler.
---------------

- Old Turkish saying
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Killing Snoke in the middle chapter was risky.

Literally all of Luke's arc was risky.
redd38
AG
In your theater did people clap at the end?

No clapping in my theater, which is atypical for a star wars premiere.
lunchbox
i did notice that after everyone complained about how Leia ignored Chewie at the end of TFA, her giving him a big hug at the end of TLJ was front and center.
lunchbox
redd38 said:

In your theater did people clap at the end?

No clapping in my theater, which is atypical for a star wars premiere.
zero clapping.
VanZandt92
Anecdotally people did clap at our theater. Namely my kids
nikator
AG
Yeah, they clapped in mine
---------------

- Old Turkish saying
jr15aggie
AG
A question I had during both viewings... So in the final battle scene, who is the old guy that proudly stands up and used the binoculars to check out the AT-ATs?

Is he the same guy and actor that used the binoculars on Hoth?
VanZandt92
But it definitely wasn't like Phantom Menace. I wandered out of that flick wondering what the hell I had just seen and whether I was even a Star Wars fan. i carried my girlfriend now wife to that and she is younger and didn't see much Star Wars. I imagine I appeared pretty dim after talking that up beforehand so much.

Now she just sees Star Wars as something the kids love, so that's why it is an event

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.