*********Walking Dead-Season 7*********

262,546 Views | 1965 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Milkman
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zzzzzzzzz

Is something going to happen in the last 3 minutes?
Marcus Aurelius
AG
So - will Ezekial fight against Negan?

Obvious choice for ally.
wessimo
AG
wessimo said:

Zzzzzzzzz

Is something going to happen in the last 3 minutes?

Noooope
Olsen
AG
Episode tonight was meh.
p_bubel
Ezekial is my new favorite.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Can't bash a main character's eye out every episode.
TXAG 05
AG
The only real question from this one is what effect will the pigs full of zombie meat have on Negans people.
ClickClack
AG
Yeah why did they feed the pigs walker meat?

1) So that they'd look bigger to the Saviors

2) To contaminate the meat and infect the Saviors somehow

3) Something else?
Ol Jock 99
AG
As an "eff you" with an off chance of hurting them.
p_bubel
ClickClack said:

Yeah why did they feed the pigs walker meat?

1) So that they'd look bigger to the Saviors

2) To contaminate the meat and infect the Saviors somehow

3) Something else?
The same reason a server would spit on your burger.
TheOriginalRedBaron
King Eziekiel is obviously inspired by The Wizard of Oz. He fell into a situation where the people needed a ruler, a man of supernatural import to look up to, and he played the part, but ultimately he is a . . . "humbug." It's another lesson in the value of community theater.

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."

"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable." And Carol's heart is most definitely broken.

In the end, this Wizard also instructs Carol how to go "home."

ClickClack
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

As an "eff you" with an off chance of hurting them.

Makes sense. Also the whole "spitting in your burger" take.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Gotta admit...the whole "kingdom" thing was just about a shark jumper for me. The pet tiger, the Middle Ages English accent....I'm really glad Ezekiel came clean to Carol because that was just too much. I mean, it's still ridiculous but without that confession/peek into his backstory, i pretty much would've pulled the Seinfeld at the play move.

FightinTexasAg15
AG
I thought tonight's episode was pretty good. Yeah not much happened but I like Ezekiel's character and his guy Jerry (deuces).
I Like Turtles
AG
I'm not sure I've ever been so bored during any episode of television in my whole life.
the dude10
AG
After last week I enjoyed this one. A chance to relax and get some backstory on new characters, which as mentioned were very interesting and deserved a deeper look.

For everyone saying it was boring, it was definitely nowhere near last week on intensity. However, I feel some of you look at this like a movie and not a television show. The plot doesn't have to be moving forward 100 MPH every episode. I am in this show for the long haul. I keep seeing people saying it needs to wrap up, getting predictable, etc. I couldnt disagree more and want the show to run as long as they can take it. I would be fine if they spent a whole season just chilling at the kingdom, going out on supply runs and killing zombies as we get to explore these characters and the walking dead universe a little more. That's not necessary though because now we have many different settings and characters to follow in this expanded world they have fallen into. Thankfully the complainers are just the vocal minority and there are still millions of people watching the show to ensure it continues.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Gota De Limon said:

Gotta admit...the whole "kingdom" thing was just about a shark jumper for me. The pet tiger, the Middle Ages English accent....I'm really glad Ezekiel came clean to Carol because that was just too much. I mean, it's still ridiculous but without that confession/peek into his backstory, i pretty much would've pulled the Seinfeld at the play move.

Sooooo, you basically had the same reaction as Carol?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Gota De Limon said:

Sooooo, you basically had the same reaction as Carol?

Pretty much.
91_Aggie
AG
This sets up how Negan will be eventually be taken down ... Kingdom and Alexandrites coming together (and maybe the zombie-meat infested pigs will do something to the Neganites that will help... zombie-trichinosis if you will).

I think some of you are forgetting that this series comes from Comic Books (even though you don't want the comics talked about here). All this "Crazy stuff" that seems so unrealistic to you is what comic books do. You don't have to read the comics, but you need to know that they are taking their source material from that. I haven't read a single one of the comics but I can definitely see the individual "panels" of comics in the filming and setup of scenes.

So, when you say "Jumped the Shark" because of the introduction of Ezekiel, you just aren't watching a show made for your expectations.

PJYoung
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Is the tiger CGI?

Really?
Josepi
AG
I liked this episode. Ezekiel is an interesting character. They are obviously setting the stage for an alliance between Alexandria and The Kingdom against the Saviors. I also liked Morgan in this episode even though he normally annoys me. Carol, as always, was great. Love watching her play the naive, helpless woman, and I loved her calling b.s. on the Camelot bit.
TheOriginalRedBaron
It cracks me up when people start complaining about something in a zombie apocalypse show being unrealistic. Hello people, we have zombies.

As for the complaints about nothing happening, also just not true. It's called "pacing" and a frenetic edge of your seat pace cannot be maintained and is not entertaining. You have to slow it down to speed it back up again. Not every show can be about lead characters getting their head smashed in with baseball bats, some have to be about introducing and developing new characters.

In terms of character introduction, development and story line movement a LOT happened in last night's show. In one show Carol recovers (both physically and psychically), we meet The Kingdom, we meet the Kingdom's leader who is first presented to us as flat out crazy. They could have strung that along but by the end of the show Ezekiel through self exposition is revealed as not crazy at all but an effective leader, we discover that The Kingdom is not only aware of The Saviors but among those paying them off and that there is tension associated with that. We have the mystery of what tainted pig meat might do.

There's a lot to chew on in that episode and I think it was a great episode, one that further suggests this season is shaping up well.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
No need to state the obvious. The point I'm making was that comic book origin or not, the "kingdom" bit was nearly a deal breaker for me. Again, I'm glad they let us peek behind the curtain into Ezekiel's real story because that did just enough to keep it "believable" (in the context of a show set in he zombie apocalypse) for me.
CDub06
AG
I'm sick of Carol at this point. And the Kingdom looks awesome. KE has done well for himself.
Josepi
AG
That tiger is going to do some awesome stuff to zombies in future episodes.
TheOriginalRedBaron
Josepi said:

Might Neegan's fate be to die by the claw and tooth?
PJYoung
AG
Josepi said:

That tiger is going to do some awesome stuff to Saviors in future episodes.
ClickClack
AG
the dude10 said:

After last week I enjoyed this one. A chance to relax and get some backstory on new characters, which as mentioned were very interesting and deserved a deeper look.

For everyone saying it was boring, it was definitely nowhere near last week on intensity. However, I feel some of you look at this like a movie and not a television show. The plot doesn't have to be moving forward 100 MPH every episode. I am in this show for the long haul. I keep seeing people saying it needs to wrap up, getting predictable, etc. I couldnt disagree more and want the show to run as long as they can take it. I would be fine if they spent a whole season just chilling at the kingdom, going out on supply runs and killing zombies as we get to explore these characters and the walking dead universe a little more. That's not necessary though because now we have many different settings and characters to follow in this expanded world they have fallen into. Thankfully the complainers are just the vocal minority and there are still millions of people watching the show to ensure it continues.

I just would like to see the main group. I hate when you have to wait two weeks to find out what's going on. They could go back and forth at least within an episode.
Ghost91
TheOriginalRedBaron said:

King Eziekiel is obviously inspired by The Wizard of Oz. He fell into a situation where the people needed a ruler, a man of supernatural import to look up to, and he played the part, but ultimately he is a . . . "humbug." It's another lesson in the value of community theater.

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."

"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable." And Carol's heart is most definitely broken.

In the end, this Wizard also instructs Carol how to go "home."

ClickClack
AG
Josepi said:

I liked this episode. Ezekiel is an interesting character. They are obviously setting the stage for an alliance between Alexandria and The Kingdom against the Saviors. I also liked Morgan in this episode even though he normally annoys me. Carol, as always, was great. Love watching her play the naive, helpless woman, and I loved her calling b.s. on the Camelot bit.

Her act is way over the top and she is being incredibly difficult about everything for no reason. Her role at this point seems really forced to me. Oh look at me I'm always going to be trying to escape and live in solitude, let me die, wahh. Also shows no appreciation for the fact that Morgan and the Kingdom saved her life. It just doesn't even seem realistic to me.

I have always liked her character but they've evolved her into something that, to me, isn't believable.
Ghost91
CDub06 said:

I'm sick of Carol at this point.
This. Look, I appreciate Bad-Ass Carol as much as anyone, and I get the whole 'act like a meek little lady to stay off the radar' thing, but man they're just hamming it up at this point.

Not sure if the writers/directors are telling her to overdo the hokey thing or if it's all on the actress, but geez - no need to act like an over the top character out of 'Leave It To Beaver' nonstop.

"Golly gee whiz, COBBLER?? Hee hee hee, cobbler!" and "Put some chocolate in front of THIS girl and watch it disappear faster than you can say hocus-pocus! You bet your sweet pa-tootie!!".

Stupid.
the dude10
AG
ClickClack said:

the dude10 said:

I just would like to see the main group. I hate when you have to wait two weeks to find out what's going on. They could go back and forth at least within an episode.

I somewhat agree, but also I would bet that is done to save money on actors, set, crew and the like
91_Aggie
AG
Gota De Limon said:

No need to state the obvious. The point I'm making was that comic book origin or not, the "kingdom" bit was nearly a deal breaker for me. Again, I'm glad they let us peek behind the curtain into Ezekiel's real story because that did just enough to keep it "believable" (in the context of a show set in he zombie apocalypse) for me.
Seems like there is a need to state the obvious based on the comments here. The show is following the comic book story lines to some degree. Again, I haven't read the comic books. I know nothing of the comic books except when I catch a little from Talking Dead or people saying (after the fact) "Yeah, that happened in the comics".

If it's a dealbreaker for you, that's fine. You are welcome to not enjoy the show or enjoy it as everyone has different tastes. But for some to keep complaining about it for 7 years and still watching it, and not understanding that "unrealistic" is the basis for comic books. And the story in the comic books was written by a comic book writer who probably failed as a novelist.

ClickClack
AG
Ghost91 said:

CDub06 said:

I'm sick of Carol at this point.
This. Look, I appreciate Bad-Ass Carol as much as anyone, and I get the whole 'act like a meek little lady to stay off the radar' thing, but man they're just hamming it up at this point.

Not sure if the writers/directors are telling her to overdo the hokey thing or if it's all on the actress, but geez - no need to act like an over the top character out of 'Leave It To Beaver' nonstop.

"Golly gee whiz, COBBLER?? Hee hee hee, cobbler!" and "Put some chocolate in front of THIS girl and watch it disappear faster than you can say hocus-pocus! You bet your sweet pa-tootie!!".

Stupid.

You summed up what I was trying to say better than I could. It's annoying and over the top.
Josepi
AG
TheOriginalRedBaron said:

Josepi said:

Might Neegan's fate be to die by the claw and tooth?

I can completely see Neegan delivering some drawn out monologue right before he prepares to deliver the deathblow to Rick, when at the final second, the tiger leaps out of nowhere and crunches down on his head.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.